The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Hello W. You stated:

True Nick Jesus is the Greatest teacher and yet He didn’t in one place reject or point to the Father when he was being worship! Could it be Nick that its because he is God also?

Anyway you Stlill havnt shown me one Scipture that forbids the worship of Jesus, show me one Nick where when Jesus was being worshipped that he discouraged it. Just One!

Nick

Anyway you Stlill havnt shown me one Scipture that forbids the worship of Jesus, show me one Nick where when Jesus was being worshipped that he discouraged it. Just One!

Who did Jesus say to worship?
    Jesus himself emphatically stated to Satan that “it is Jehovah your God you must worship [form of proskynéo], and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Mt 4:8-10; Lu 4:7, 8)
    Jesus was not referring to himself here. He said: “It is written” and quoted from the Hebrew scriptures. Sacred service is to be given to Jehovah alone.

Yes, your Bible has the word “worship” in some places with reference to Jesus. But what you perhaps don't know is the word that your Bible translators rendered “worship” has a wide variety of meanings and they perhaps chose to translate that word “proskyneo” as “worship” with reference to Jesus because they believe in the trinity. And those who translated your Bible do believe in the trinity. So they rendered that word with that belief in mind.

As I've stated before, in the “worship” thread, regarding Jesus:

SHOULD WE “WORSHIP” JESUS?

THE HEBREW AND GREEK WORDS [proskynéo (Greek) and hishtachawah (Hebrew)] THAT ARE OFTEN TRANSLATED “WORSHIP,” HAVE A VARIETY OF MEANINGS. LET’S LOOK AT THEM.

At HEBREWS 1:6, the angels are instructed to “worship” Jesus, according to the rendering of RS, TEV, KJ, JB, and NAB, and others.
    New World Translation (NW) says: “do obeisance to.”
    Young's Literal Translation (YLT) says: “let them bow before him.”
    (No matter what English term is used, the original Greek remains the same and the understanding of what it is that the angels render to Christ must accord with the rest of the Scriptures.)

At MATTHEW 14:33, Jesus’ disciples are said to have “worshiped” him, according to RS, TEV, KJ.
    Other translations say that they “showed him reverence” (NAB), “bowed down before him” (JB), “fell at his feet” (NE), “did obeisance to him” (NW).

The Greek word rendered “worship” is proskynéo, which 'A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature' says was also “used to designate the custom of prostrating oneself before a person and kissing his feet, the hem of his garment, the ground.” (Chicago, 1979, Bauer, Arndt, Gingrich, Danker; second English edition; p. 716)
    The Greek word proskynéo corresponds closely to the Hebrew term hishtachawah́ in expressing the thought of obeisance and, at times, worship.

For example, this is the term used:
    at Matthew 14:33 to express what the disciples did toward Jesus;
    at Hebrews 1:6 to indicate what the angels are to do toward Jesus;
    at Genesis 22:5 in the Greek Septuagint to describe what Abraham did toward Jehovah;
    at Genesis 23:7 to describe what Abraham did, in harmony with the custom of the time, toward people with whom he was doing business;
    at 1 Kings 1:23 in the Septuagint to describe the prophet Nathan’s action on approaching King David.
    at Matthew 18:26 in connection with a slave’s doing obeisance to a king.

NOTICE THOSE LAST FEW EXAMPLES AND CONSIDER WHAT THIS MEANS.
    Let’s look at one more example. It’s an example of what happens when we insert the word “worship” where it clearly doesn’t belong–we get the wrong meaning.

MARK 15:19 (New King James Version)
    “Then they struck Him on the head with a reed and spat on Him; and bowing the knee, they WORSHIPED Him.”
    Many Bible's here have “paid homage to him,” or did “obeisance to him,” or something similar. Clearly, they were not spitting on him and at the same time worshiping him. The verse before (Mark 15:18) and Matthew 27:29 make clear that they “made fun” of him. It was in a mocking way that they did “obeisance to him,” bowing to him. They were not worshiping him and the context certainly doesn’t allow proskynéo to be translated as “worship” here.
    CLEARLY, IT SHOULD NOT ALWAYS BE TRANSLATED AS “WORSHIP.”

NOW CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
    At MATTHEW 4:10 (RS), Jesus said: “You shall worship [from proskynéo] the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.”
    (At Deuteronomy 6:13, which Jesus is evidently here quoting, appears the personal name of God, the Tetragrammaton.) In harmony with that, we must understand that it is proskynéo with a particular attitude of heart and mind that should be directed only toward God.

OTHER GREEK WORDS associated with worship are drawn from eusebéo, threskeúo, and sébomai. The word eusebéo means “give godly devotion to” or “venerate, revere.” At Acts 17:23 this term is used with reference to the godly devotion or veneration that the men of Athens were giving to an “Unknown God.” From threskeúo comes the noun threskeía, understood to designate a “form of worship,” whether true or false. (Ac 26:5; Col 2:18) The true worship practiced by Christians was marked by genuine concern for the poor and complete separateness from the ungodly world. (Jas 1:26, 27) The word sébomai (Mt 15:9; Mr 7:7; Ac 18:7; 19:27) and the related term sebázomai (Ro 1:25) mean “revere; venerate; worship.” Objects of worship or of devotion are designated by the noun sébasma. (Ac 17:23; 2Th 2:4) Two other terms are from the same verb stem, with the prefix Theoś, God. These are theosebeś, meaning “God-revering” (Joh 9:31), and theosébeia, denoting “reverence of God.” (1Ti 2:10)

THE HEBREW
    One of the Hebrew words conveying the idea of worship (`avadh́) basically means “serve.” (Ge 14:4; 15:13; 29:15) Serving or worshiping Jehovah required obedience to all of his commands, doing his will as a person exclusively devoted to him. (Ex 19:5; De 30:15-20; Jos 24:14, 15) Therefore, for an individual to engage in any ritual or act of devotion toward any other gods signified his abandoning true worship.—De 11:13-17; Jg 3:6, 7.

Hishtachawah́ means, basically, “bow down.” (Ge 18:2)
    Such bowing might be done as an act of respect or deference toward another human, as to a king (1Sa 24:8; 2Sa 24:20; Ps 45:11),
    the high priest (1Sa 2:36),
    a prophet (2Ki 2:15),
    or other person of authority (Ge 37:9, 10; 42:6; Ru 2:8-10),
    to an elder relative (Ge 33:1-6; 48:11, 12; Ex 18:7; 1Ki 2:19),
    or even to strangers as an expression of courteous regard (Ge 19:1, 2).
    Abraham bowed down to the Canaanite sons of Heth from whom he sought to buy a burial place. (Ge 23:7)
    Isaac’s blessing on Jacob called for national groups and Jacob’s own “brothers” to bow down to him. (Ge 27:29; compare 49:8.)
    When men started to bow down before David’s son Absalom, he grabbed them and kissed them, evidently to further his politic
    al ambitions by making a show of putting himself on a level with them. (2Sa 15:5, 6)
    Mordecai refused to prostrate himself before Haman, not because he viewed the practice as wrong in itself, but doubtless because this high Persian official was an accursed Amalekite by descent.—Es 3:1-6.

FROM THE ABOVE EXAMPLES IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS HEBREW TERM OF ITSELF DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE A RELIGIOUS SENSE OR SIGNIFY WORSHIP.
    Nevertheless, in a large number of cases it is used in connection with worship, either of the true God (Ex 24:1; Ps 95:6; Isa 27:13; 66:23) or of false gods. (De 4:19; 8:19; 11:16)

Bowing down to humans as an act of respect was admissible, but bowing to anyone other than Jehovah as a deity was prohibited by God. (Ex 23:24; 34:14) Similarly, the worshipful bowing down to religious images or to any created thing was positively condemned. (Ex 20:4, 5; Le 26:1; De 4:15-19; Isa 2:8, 9, 20, 21) Thus, in the Hebrew Scriptures, when certain of Jehovah’s servants prostrated themselves before angels, they only did so to show they recognized that these were God’s representatives, not to render obeisance to them as deities.—Jos 5:13-15; Ge 18:1-3.

The Greek proskynéo corresponds closely to the Hebrew hishtachawah́ as to conveying the thought of both obeisance to creatures and worship to God or a deity. The manner of expressing the obeisance is perhaps not so prominent in proskynéo as in hishtachawah́, where the Hebrew term graphically conveys the thought of prostration or bowing down. Scholars derive the Greek term from the verb kynéo, “kiss.” The usage of the word in the Christian Greek Scriptures (as also in the Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures) shows that persons to whose actions the term is applied prostrated themselves or bowed down.—Mt 2:11; 18:26; 28:9.

As with the Hebrew term, the context must be considered to determine whether proskynéo refers to obeisance solely in the form of deep respect or obeisance in the form of religious worship.
    Where reference is directly to God (Joh 4:20-24; 1Co 14:25; Re 4:10) or to false gods and their idols (Ac 7:43; Re 9:20), it is evident that the obeisance goes beyond that acceptably or customarily rendered to men and enters the field of worship. So, too, where the object of the obeisance is left unstated, its being directed to God is understood. (Joh 12:20; Ac 8:27; 24:11; Heb 11:21; Re 11:1)
    ON THE OTHER HAND, THE ACTION OF THOSE OF “THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN” WHO ARE MADE TO “COME AND DO OBEISANCE” BEFORE THE FEET OF CHRISTIANS IS CLEARLY NOT WORSHIP. (Re 3:9.) Yet, some Bible’s translate it as “worship.” Indiscriminately translating these words as “worship” is wrong.

HERE IS THE OBVIOUS CONCLUSION, THE POINT OF THIS POST:
    While some translators use the word “worship” in the majority of cases where proskynéo describes persons’ actions toward Jesus, the evidence does not warrant one’s reading too much into this rendering. Rather, the circumstances that evoked the obeisance correspond very closely to those producing obeisance to the earlier prophets and kings. (Compare Mt 8:2; 9:18; 15:25; 20:20 with 1Sa 25:23, 24; 2Sa 14:4-7; 1Ki 1:16; 2Ki 4:36, 37.) The very expressions of those involved often reveal that, while they clearly recognized Jesus as God’s representative, they rendered obeisance to him, not as to God or a deity, but as “God’s Son,” the foretold “Son of man,” the Messiah with divine authority. On many occasions their obeisance expressed a gratitude for divine revelation or evidence of favor like that expressed in earlier times.—Mt 14:32, 33; 28:5-10, 16-18; Lu 24:50-52; Joh 9:35, 38.

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “Sorry Again you do not tell the truth. Jn 4 is not the only teaching.”

You are right and thanks to david too.

Matt 4
    “10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”

Lk 4
    ” 8And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve'

Rev 22
    ” 9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.”

So that is at least three MORE teachings from scripture about whom we should worship
    and of course there is the OT that he quoted so that is four
    and all say the same thing

WORSHIP GOD.

david
    Participant

Nick to keith:

Hi W,
    You said

“I think I know where you are coming from. Are you a Jehovahs witness?”

You must be joking.

Nick, now that you've been asked this question about 6 or 7 times on this forum (that I know of) and probably a lot more than that, why do you act shocked?
    You disbelieve in the trinity belief. Most who speak of God and don't believe he is a trinity are Jehovah's Witnesses. Hence, the repeated misunderstandings.
    Yet, you act shocked.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Not shocked.
    It is just the workings of the natural human mind that is fascinating to me.
    But it reveals how many must judge others by their little boxes they call traditions or denominations.
    No one seems to be able to accept there are some who do not need those boxes and really do think for themselves and are guided by Scripture and the Spirit.
    Yet we should all be like that surely if we call Jesus Master?
    We cannot serve two masters.

Hey Nick!

Listen to yourself!

You say” Yet we should all be like that surely if we call Jesus Master?
    We cannot serve two masters. “
    You are referring to “Luke 16:13” No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”
    Jesus is referring to the Father God! How many masters do you have Nick?
    I love it how you use scripture to your advantage to support your doctrine, which is good that’s what you are supposed to do! However Nick, you be-little those who don’t agree with you in any point and question their salvation or relationship with God!
    Tell me Nick is there anyone that knows more than you except God himself?

Keith
    :) keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Keith
    Matthew 6:24
    ” No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth”

Luke 16:13
    ” No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth.”

So looking at these verses are you saying that serving two masters can only apply to God and Mammon?
    I do not agree.
    I believe the principle of serving two masters is broader than that and serving God and money is only one example shown by Jesus of that principle in action.

Is Jesus called the Master?

Matthew 10:25
    “It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household!”

Matthew 24:45
    ” Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time?

Matthew 24:46
    “Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes.

Matthew 25:21
    “His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'

Luke 5:5
    Simon answered and said, ” Master, we worked hard all night and caught nothing, but I will do as You say and let down the nets.”

Luke 8:24
    They came to Jesus and woke Him up, saying, ” Master, Master, we are perishing!” And He got up and rebuked the wind and the surging waves, and they stopped, and it became calm.

Luke 8:45
    And Jesus said, “Who is the one who touched Me?” And while they were all denying it, Peter said, ” Master, the people are crowding and pressing in on You.”

Luke 12:36
    “Be like men who are waiting for their master when he returns from the wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to him when he comes and knocks

Romans 14:4
    Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Jude 1:4
    For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ
    etc

So does the sitaution apply to our relationship with Jesus.
    I believe so.
    What do others think?

But why should someone be asked if they are catholic or mormon or JW?
    Does everyone have to have a denomination that defines their thinking?

We really try to encourage people here to align their understandings with the Word of God because that is where truth is to be found and not in the ideas of men.

Hey Nick!

Sorry for the understanding. But the answer is no Im not saying that there is only 2 masters God and wealth!

Jesus is referring to the Father God here as being the master! You can only serve one master.
    But yet you call Jesus master which you do well for so he is. Im simply making the point that God is our Master and Jesus is our master does that mean that we serve 2 masters? Think about it!

Nick Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God and him only shalt thy serve!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Were you serving the Pharoah if you served Joseph?

Jesus was given all authorityt[matt28] by a greater Being, the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 20 2006,19:50)
    Nick Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God and him only shalt thy serve!

Amen.

Jn 6
    39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jn 7
    16Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
    Jn8
    ” 23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

Jn8
    “30The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

32Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

33If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

34They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

35Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.”

Jesus is the Son of God and a worshipper of God and deserving of honor among men.

So Nick are you saying that you serve Jesus now and not the Father?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Does the branch serving the vine serve the Gardener?
    To be in Jesus led by the Spirit of Christ is to be in God serving God.

Jn 17
    “20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:”

Again Nick do you serve God as the master or Jesus as the Master and if you serve both and you say that they are not to be called as one God then you server 2 masters, Not 1 as Jesus said you shoud do!

Nick!

I am not against you I am for you serving the Father and the Son! I am trying to help you see that you cant have one without the other. They are inseperable! You cant serve one without the other, you cant obey one without the other, you cant recieve one without the other, you cant believe one without the other, and you cant worship one without the other!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 20 2006,20:43)
    Again Nick do you serve God as the master or Jesus as the Master and if you serve both and you say that they are not to be called as one God then you server 2 masters, Not 1 as Jesus said you shoud do!

Hi W,
    To serve Jesus is to serve the Father.
    He is our Lord
    Do you not think Jesus serves the Father perfectly?
    Has Jesus not been given all authority?
    Are they not one?

Matt 8
    “5And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

7And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

8The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

9For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. “

Was the centurion serving Caesar?
    Were the soldiers under him serving Caesar?
    If they obeyed the centurion were they not obeying Caesar?

But was the centurion therefore Caesar?
    No
    Neither is Jesus the Father whom he is one with.

Nick.

Never said that Jesus was the Father my friend hense the trinity! I have always held them to be seperate in thier identity but that they are together one God!

The Bible says My King is the King of the Jews!

HES the King of Israel! HES the King of righteousness! HES the King of the ages!

HES the King of Heaven! HES the King of Glory! HES the King of Kings!

HES the Lord of Lords! That’s my King! I wonder do you know him?

My King is a sovereign King! No means of measure can define HIS limitless Love!

HES enduringly strong! HES entirely sincere! HES eternally steadfast!

HES immortally Graceful! HES imperially Powerful!

HES impartially merciful! DO YOU KNOW HIM?

HES the greatest Phenomenon that has ever crossed the Horizon of this world!

HES Gods Son! HES the sinners Savior!

HES the center piece of civilization! HES Unparalleled!

HES Unprecedented! HES the loftiest idea in literature!

HES the Highest personality in Philosophy!

HES the fundamental doctrine of true theology!

HES the only one qualified to be an all sufficient savior!

I WONDER IF YOU KNOW HIM TODAY?

HE supplies strength for the weak! HES available for the tempted and the tried!

HE Sympathizes and he saves! HE strengthens and sustains!

HE guards and he guides! HE heals the sick!

HE cleanses the lepers! HE forgives sinners!

HE discharges debtors! HE delivers the captive! HE defends the feeble!

HE blesses the young! HE serves the unfortunate! HE regards the aged!

HE rewards the diligent! HE beautifies the meager!

I WONDER IF YOU KNOW HIM?

HES the key to knowledge! HES the wellspring of wisdom!

HES the doorway of deliverance! HES the pathway of peace!

HES the roadway of righteousness! HES the highway of holiness!

HES the gateway of glory!

DO YOU KNOW HIM?

HIS life is matchless! HIS goodness is limitless!

HIS mercy is everlasting! HIS love never changes!

HIS word is enough! HIS grace is sufficient!

HIS reign is righteous! HIS yoke is easy! HIS burden is light!

HIS indescribable! HIS incomprehensible! HIS invincible!

HIS irresistible! You cant get HIM out of your mind!

You cant get HIM off of your hand! You cant outlive HIM!

You cant live without HIM! The Pharisees couldn’t stand HIM!

They found out they couldn’t stop HIM!

Pilate couldn’t find any fault in HIM! Herod couldn’t kill HIM!

Death couldn’t handle HIM! THE GRAVE COULDN’T HOLD HIM!

THAT’S MY KING!!!

Nick have you read Pss 45 and Heb ch 1.

6] Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
    [7] Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    [8] All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.
    [9] Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.
    [10] Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
    [11] So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

1] God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    [2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    [3] Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
    [4] Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
    [5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
    [6] And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    [7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
    [8] But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    [9] Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    [10] And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    [11] They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
    [12] And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
    [13] But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
    [14] Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Take care my friend!

:) :) :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 20 2006,21:54)
    Nick.

Never said that Jesus was the Father my friend hense the trinity! I have always held them to be seperate in thier identity but that they are together one God!

Hi W,
    So are they the God that Jesus went back to?

Jn 20
    ” 16Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You quoted
    “6] Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
    [7] Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, THY GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.”

So this divine being has a God?
    A God who anointed him?
    The greater anoints the lesser?
    So he cannot be that God?

“1] God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    [2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,”

So God has a Son?
    God speaks to us through his Son?
    So the Son is not the God who speaks through him?

I agree with all that beautiful truth.

Perhaps he is the God who was with God in the beginning.

Yes.

Nick!

Why don’t you just accept the word for what it says? Why do you attempt to explain it away because you don’t understand it or because it doesn’t fit your doctrine!

You say “So this divine being has a God?
    A God who anointed him?
    The greater anoints the lesser?
    So he cannot be that God?”

You are confusing Jesus deity the spirit of Christ with his humanity! Jesus was fully man, born by a woman. If he was not fully man then he could not be our Savior! He was the second Adam. It was Jesus the man that God anointed. To fulfill all righteousness.

You have to admit there is more to this based on these scriptures. You are a very smart and scripturally informed person. Be honest with your self Nick. Try to look at the whole picture!

Listen to these words. Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
    [4] Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
    [5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
    [6] And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, and let all the angels of God worship him.
    [7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
    [8] But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

The “EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON” “Thou art my Son This DAY have I begotten thee!
    What day was he begotten?

“And he said let all the Angels worship him” Jesus was God with the Father and took on the form of a man. And when he the man Jesus was glorified as one with the father he was given a name above ALL names and became the heir of all things. All things were made by him and FOR him and without him was not anything made that was made. Think about it Nick Jesus took on human flesh like a garment. Jesus the eternal Spirit made his own body since it says that he created all things by him and for him!

Who could do this but God!

JN 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

The Pharaoh of Egypt was a God to the people. He gave Joseph all power over Egypt only in the Throne was it not given. Joseph was a God to the people also!

But here we have God the Father himself giving Jesus all things including the throne!

You cant honor and worship the Father without honoring and worshipping his Son.

To do so would be taking away from Jesus the Glory that only he shares as God with the Father. Thou only art worthy of Glory and Honor and Power and Dominion both now and forever, AMEN!

Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account