The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 4,641 through 4,660 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    ” Posted: Oct. 17 2006,23:57

——————————————————————————–
    Hey Nick!

Thanks for the welcome!

But I have to say that was a cute but lazy response to my post!

Why is it that you can't explain certain scriptures or just ignore them?

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel “And” his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me,” (Isaiah 44:6).

Is Jesus the first and the last? YES. GOD IS BEFORE THE FIRST AND WITH THE LAST

Is the Holy Spirit a person and what is his name? NO. NOTE THAT TO BLASPHEME THE SPIRIT IS MORE SERIOUS THAN TO BLASPHEME JESUS BECAUSE THE SPIRIT IS OF GOD

Is God a Spirit and the Holy Spirit another spirit?NO. THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SO IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: ….

Is it Jesus that lives in us? WE WHO ARE IN CHRIST SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST IN GOD

Or is it God that has come to dwell in us or is it a spirit that has no name?GOD DWELLS IN MEN BY HIS SPIRIT

It is a mystery beloved, but the truth is that if Jesus can be with us to the end of the world he must be one with God! INDEED JESUS IS IN GOD AND GOD IS IN HIM AND WE SHARE IN THAT UNITY FOREVER

Bless you!

Wow!

This is truly amazing!!! You still refuse to answer even one of the questions I have!

This is your reply,

“Hi w,
    I am all ears to see where God's Spirit in scripture says God is a trinity.
    Only men say that and we should follow God's ways.

Who are the gods or elohim of 1Cor8, ps 97, 96 etc

Scripture says FOR US there is one God and one Lord.
    The God of Jesus is our God.
    He is the one that Jesus said true worshippers will worship in jn 4.”.

Ok Ill narrow it down. You Quoted part of John 4. Heres the whole scripture…..

Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Is God a Spirit? Is the Holy Spirit another Spirit? Is he a person? Is he Omnipresent. By the way the word “omnipresent” is not found in the scriptures, niether is the Word “trinity”. Case and point.

Does not the bible say the Spirit of God dwells in us.
    We are a habitation of God, the Temple of God, through the Holy Spirit. I submit to you that the Spirit that dwells in every born again believer is God himself living in us!

You say “Who are the gods or elohim of 1Cor8, ps 97, 96 etc”

Not sure what you are inferring here. But I did look up the scriptures and found that Psalm 96 plainly speaks of Jesus as God!

O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.

Psa 96:2 Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.

Psa 96:3 Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.

Psa 96:4 For the LORD [is] great, and greatly to be praised: he [is] to be feared above all gods.

Psa 96:5 For all the gods of the nations [are] idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

Psa 96:6 Honour and majesty [are] before him: strength and beauty [are] in his sanctuary.

Psa 96:7 Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.

Psa 96:8 Give unto the LORD the glory [due unto] his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.

Psa 96:9 O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.

Psa 96:10 Say among the heathen [that] the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

Psa 96:11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof.

Psa 96:12 Let the field be joyful, and all that [is] therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice

Psa 96:13 Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

You said there is one God and one Lord which I presume you to mean Jesus is the one Lord. If not plz let me know. Because if there is one Lord then this Psalm refers to that one Lord God.
    Who is this Lord God who will Judge the earth.

None other than the King Of Kings….Jesus!!

If Jesus the eternal spirit was not God then why do we see so many places where men worshipped him including the four and twenty elders and it was not discouraged!

Thou shalt worship the Lord Thy God and him only shalt thou serve.

Again this is a great mystery! But you deny the very scriptures that you claim to uphold!

Tts 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

Tts 1:4 To Titus, [mine] own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Tts 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

Tts 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Tts 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Tts 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Lord Bless!

Keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    1Cor 8
    ” 4As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”

It is all in there.

Jn 20
    ” 17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. “
    Who is the God of Jesus if he is God?

Eph 1
    ” 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:”

“17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:”

There is indeed one God and it is the Father as Jesus told the Jews

Jn 8
    ”  54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:”

Jesus is not our God but our Lord
    and God is his Lord and God too.

The god of this world loves to confuse men.

Lk 11
    ” 20But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.”
    Compare
    Matt 12
    “28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. “

So the Spirit of God is to God as our finger is to you and I.

1Cor 2
    ” 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.”

Just as our spirit is to us so the Spirit of God is to God.

Indeed in ouir temple the Spirit helps us worship the Father and pray for our needs

Rom 8
    ” 26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    1 Timothy 1:1
    Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
    2 Peter 1:11
    For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
    Titus 3:6
    Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
    Titus 2:13
    Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
    1 Timothy 2:3
    For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 4:10
    For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Don't be fooled by men who cannot see God and Jesus both being called our Saviour without putting two and two together and making 53 by saying therefore Jesus is God. that is facile. God saves through Christ.

Both are called Lord and King too.

And our God is also the God of Jesus

2Cor 11
    “31The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.”

But there is order between God and His Son.

1Cor 11
    “1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God”

Our God is a not a God of confusion but of peace.

Hey Nick! Truly,Truly, amazing how you dance around the scriptures to support your Heresy!

I believe all that you say concerning Jesus having a Father and a God!

But your biggest flaw in your argument against the trinity is the Holy Spirit and the worship of Jesus! You contradict yourself over and over!

First of all you say “Both are called Lord and King too.”

And yet you contradict yourself when you say “There is One Lord and One Faith and One baptism”

How many Lords are there?

How many Lords do we serve?

How about this? (which you have overlooked whithout an answer)……
    Jhn 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
    Jhn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed. Jesus did not rebuke nor point out to Peter that he was not God!

You say show me scripture that says there is a trinity?

I say show me a scripture where Jesus himself denied being worshiped as God? Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God and him only shalt thou worship!

But your biggest heresy this…I asked you if the Hoy Spirit is a person and you said? NO. NOTE THAT TO BLASPHEME THE SPIRIT IS MORE SERIOUS THAN TO BLASPHEME JESUS BECAUSE THE SPIRIT IS OF GOD.

Jhn 15:26 ¶ But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Jhn 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Jhn 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Jhn 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
    Jhn 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

These passages clearly show the Holy spirit thinks and speaks and has a will, which means he is a person! Examine how many times Jesus refers to him as he!

Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jhn 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
    Jhn 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

I asked Is the Holy Spirit a person and what is his name? You said, “NO. THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SO IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST.”

Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

If the Spirit of God is everywhere how can he be less than God! The Lord says:
    Isa 42:8 “I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images”.

Jhn 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Why do you try to explain away that which you dont understand? It is a mystery my friend.

Worshiping God the Father and God the Son and God the holy spirit which are One!

Keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    I show you that Jesus said he was the Son of God and you call that heresy? The Father Himself said the same thing about Jesus and you would not argue with Him would you? What about Peter and Paul and John and Martha and John the baptist etc. These all agreed as witnesses to this truth too so you stand against the most powerful witnesses possible if you choose to disagree.

Lords have Lords.
    Jesus is our Lord and God is his superior. He told us the Father was greater than himself.
    Kings have kings or being called the “king of kings” would have no meaning.

Acts 10
    “38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him”

Now can you please expound what this verse means for us if Jesus and the holy Spirit are all part of God?

You say
    “Why do you try to explain away that which you dont understand? It is a mystery my friend.”

The mysteries come largely from the wool being pulled over your eyes by foolish rebellious men you would be unwise to follow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “Jhn 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.”
    Read what Jesus taught Thomas in Jn 14 and you will see that he learned .

“But your biggest heresy this…I asked you if the Hoy Spirit is a person and you said? NO”

Where is it taught that God is separate from His own Spirit?

Jl 2
    ” 29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

Just because the Spirit of God has amazing abilities and is called “he” by John does not allow us to assume that we are speaking of another person. We learn from scriptural teaching not human presumption.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    you say
    “I believe all that you say concerning Jesus having a Father and a God!”

Not so if you ascribe to the trinity theory which is taught from outside of any clear scriptural basis. Trinity theory says Jesus is God and the term “Son of God” is just another appelation for God. They make the Son out to be his own father thus denying the Son of God.

2Peter 2
    ” 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “Worshiping God the Father and God the Son and God the holy spirit which are One!”

Do you worship a trinity?
    Do you pray to a trinity?
    Or do you pray to persons within a trinity?

If God is a trinity what do you say about this verse in 2Cor 5
    ” 19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation”

Was God as Christ in Christ?
    Was a trinity in Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2Cor 11
    ” 1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. “

If you ascribe to the trinity theory then it is impossible to maintain childlike simplicity in approaching the Word of God. When the word “God” appears in scripture the first rule of trintarian interpretation is that you must NOT say it is the trinity God you espouse. You will usually be asked to ascribe such to the Father, though sometimes to the Son but rarely the Spirit.

Well there is a simpler understanding.

God is the Father.

Lies, lies upon lies.
    This insulting theory offends God..

Hey Nick!

The Heresy that I am speaking of is not calling Jesus the son of God.

I said “But your biggest flaw in your argument against the trinity is the Holy Spirit and the worship of Jesus! You contradict yourself over and over!”

It is saying the Holy Spirit is not a person! I said “”But your biggest heresy is this…I asked you if the Holy Spirit is a person and you said “ NO” Where is it taught that God is separate from His own Spirit?

Good point how can you separate God from his spirit they are one and the same. When he came to live in us for we are his temple then that spirit that lives in us is God himself dwelling in his temple. Our bodies is the temple of God is it not?

LOL then you go on to say and I quote “Just because the Spirit of God has amazing abilities and is called “he” by John does not allow us to assume that we are speaking of another person. We learn from scriptural teaching not human presumption.

Sorry my friend this was not the words of John that was referring to the Holy Spirit as a person with a mind and with a mouth and with ears,
    “These all agreed as witnesses to this truth too so you stand against the most powerful witnesses possible if you choose to disagree and that witness is Jesus Himself and the Holy Spirit who was given to bear witness of this truth.
    Jhn 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

We learn from scriptural teaching not human presumption.

You say
    Read what Jesus taught Thomas in Jn 14 and you will see that he learned .

Well my friend if Thomas learned what you say why would he in John 20:20 (which is later on by the way) Say , “My Lord and my God” without rebuke from the Lord.

Its because Thomas knew exactly what Jesus was saying in JN 14 8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    [9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
    [10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
    [11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Jhn 10:30 I and [my] Father are one.

Listen closely to the words of Jesus: [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    [28] And I give unto them eternal life;(Note:Who can give eternal life by the eternal Spirit But God) and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    [30] I and my Father are one.
    [31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    [32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
    [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

The Jews were gonna stone him because he made himself Equal to God!

I think I know where you are coming from. Are you a Jehovahs witness?

You say “If God is a trinity what do you say about this verse in 2Cor 5
    ” 19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation”

Was God as Christ in Christ?
    Was a trinity in Christ?

Was God in Christ or was the Holy Spirit in Christ? Which was it my friend? Was it the Spirit with God or was it God beside the Holy Spirit or was it God without the Holy Spirit or was It the Holy Spirit without God? It says God was in Christ . therefore the Spirit and God are the same. They are one. Jesus in Christ The Spirit in Christ and God in Christ. 1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

2Peter 2
    ” 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.”

Great is the Mystery of Godliness!!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W
    You say
    “The Jews were gonna stone him because he made himself Equal to God!”

Would you agree with them?
    These are the murderers of Christ and we should not align ourselves with them should we?

If God was in Christ we are speaking of a vessel and it's contents. Jesus was FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT according to scripture. He was ANOINTED with the Spirit. He was not That which was in him but he was united with God such that seeing and hearing him was to see and hear God at work in him.

So in what way is a vessel also the contents of that vessel?

It was Christ who came in the flesh and to say as you seem to that it was instead God is to fail the antichrist doctrine test of 1 Jn 4.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “Good point how can you separate God from his spirit they are one and the same. When he came to live in us for we are his temple then that spirit that lives in us is God himself dwelling in his temple. Our bodies is the temple of God is it not? “

Yes God's Spirit indwells us so the Father and the Son united in that Spirit are with us. The Spirit helps us to worship God in our temple.
    Rom 8
    “26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w
    “The Heresy that I am speaking of is not calling Jesus the son of God.”
    But that is the heretical basis of trinitarianism.

Can you respond to my question and expound Acts 10.38 for us?

“38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him”

Was God anointed by God with God?
    Why would God need to be anointed?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Listen with Thomas to Jesus.
    “Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?”
    He is not saying he is God.
    He is not saying he is the Father.
    But he speaking of a wonderful unity between two beings, God and the Word who was with God, in eternal unity.

Jhn 10:30 I and [my] Father are one.

indeed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W
    “Jesus in Christ The Spirit in Christ and God in Christ.”

So was Christ in himself? How odd.
    Are you in yourself too?

“1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
    This is the added johannine comma found only in some kjv bibles and it does not belong in the bible .

Great is the Mystery of Godliness!!!
    Do not let men add to it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You said

“I think I know where you are coming from. Are you a Jehovahs witness?”

You must be joking.

Hey Nick!

Is God a Spirit?
    JN 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

You say God is not a Spirit! Therefore you make Jesus a liar!

Is the Holy Spirit a person?
    Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    Jn 16:7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    Jn16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment
    Acts 15: 28] For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
    1 Cor 2:13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

You say the Holy Spirit is not a Person! Therefore you make Jesus and Paul and other apostles a liar.

Was Jesus worshipped and did he discourage it?
    Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
    Mt. 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live
    .Mt14:13 When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities.
    Jn. 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
    Many other scriptures besides these!!!

You say Thomas was wrong. Therefore you make Jesus a sinner for not turning the hearts of many to worship no other but God!

Exod 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

The Godhead is a mystery my friend! It would do you well to put all the scriptures together and if you do you will come to one conclusion… That the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are co-existant and that the three are one. The One and only true god.
    Just as you are a spirit who has a soul and lives in a body makes YOU one Nick.
    So it is that he made man in his own image.

I will read your response but I am done with this discussion with you seeing that you have closed your eyes to so much of the word!

Sincerely Keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    You say
    “Is God a Spirit?
    JN 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

You say God is not a Spirit! Therefore you make Jesus a liar!”

Please quote where I have said this.

“You say the Holy Spirit is not a Person! Therefore you make Jesus and Paul and other apostles a liar.”

Please quote where John and Paul say the Spirit is a person.

“You say Thomas was wrong.”

Please quote where I said this.

I agree with Thomas.

When he saw Jesus he also saw God IN HIM just as Jesus told him in Jn 14.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Scripture does not directly teach trinity through the moths of any vessl of God
    “The Godhead is a mystery my friend! It would do you well to put all the scriptures together and if you do you will come to one conclusion… That the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are co-existant and that the three are one. The One and only true god.”

Men have derived these ideas and applied them to scripture to show how clever they are.

2Jn
    ” 7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. “

We should abhor them because they insult God.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,641 through 4,660 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account