The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 4,361 through 4,380 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 07 2006,07:18)
    He is not a PART of God, but is one WITH God.

John 10:30  I and the Father are one!

Hi OXy,
    Hmmm.Somewhere you said he was a part of God I believe.

Indeed they are one.
    But it is a unity of agreement
    between two with
    God in Christ.

2Cor 5
    ” 18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

Oxy
    Participant

Nope, if I recall correctly I likened it to a board consisting of Father Son and Holy Spirit. I got hammered for that comment too, so there's no need to go down that track again lol

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Well is Jesus the Son of God
    or his own father?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Oxy. Lets see what you and millions of other believe.

God is one.
    God is the Father, Son, Spirit
    Jesus is the son of God
    =======================
    So the answer is…….

Jesus is the son of the Father, Son, Spirit.
    ===================================

This is what you believe and many others too, it's just that you do not realise it. As you said yourself, you do not understand it.

It is the occult that teaches things hidden and incomprehensible. It is the light that shows these up for what they are. Teachings of the darkness, paganism, babylonian religion.

Oxy, can I also suggest that you cannot also understand that 6+6=11.
    Why can't you understand that?
    Because it is not true, that is why.
    It is incomprehensible because it is not within the realm of truth.

• So go ahead and believe that 6+6=11 if you want.
  • Go ahead and believe that man was made in the image of a monkey and evolved to become a hairless monkey that walks upright.
  • Go ahead and believe that God is a substance that spawns 3 personalities even to the detriment of the first commandment.

Go ahead and believe whatever you want, but God help you if you lead others astray with it. God help you if you lead a little one astray.

Is not this world a supermarket of beliefs and philosophies. Has not the god of this age catered for all the itches that peoples ears want to hear. As it is written: “The whole world is under the sway of the evil one”. Is it not also written: “Come out of her my people”.

And again it is written:

1 Corinthians 1:20
    Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

You may not consider yourself one of the wise mentioned in this verse, but you do follow them and encourage their philosophy.

What sort of service are you really providing the Kingdom of God, when you promote lies or a doctrine that is not taught in scripture and is not part of true faith in God, and is also contrary to the foundation that we are to build on top of.

1 John 3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

You only help the enemy by promoting this doctrine of demons.

Oxy
Participant

Nope.. Nick and t8, you are jumping to conclusions again. Please try not to do that as I find it tedious and frustrating.

I believe the following:

There is One Almighty God, the Father.

There is One Son, the Word become flesh, Jesus

There is One Holy Spirit.

Together they are one, even as (in the same way) Jesus declared that He and the Father are one.

Oxy
Participant

Actually t8, I've just about had it with your snide remarks and attitude. Try to be nice pal.

Oxy
Participant

Nick and t8, you both seem to share similar views. Do you mind if I ask if you both go to the same church, and what church/es do you guys go to?

Elidad
Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 07 2006,06:35)
Nope.. Nick and t8, you are jumping to conclusions again. Please try not to do that as I find it tedious and frustrating.

I believe the following:

There is One Almighty God, the Father.

There is One Son, the Word become flesh, Jesus

There is One Holy Spirit.

Together they are one, even as (in the same way) Jesus declared that He and the Father are one.

Hi Oxy, Given this to be your standpoint, how do you see the below comments made by Jesus, fitting in with your idea that they are one?

“I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. (John 17:11)

“And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

In what sense are they 'one' and once you answer this, are we to be just as much part of that 'one' as they are?

Is not Jesus, in both cases, referring to being of one in mind and purpose, with the Father and Himself, in exactly the same way that He is one in mind and purpose with His Father? If not why not?

Thoughts?

Elidad :)

Is 1:18
Participant

Question: When we are saved, Who indwells us?

These verses suggest that “the Father” does:

1 Corinthians 3:16 – Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 14:25 – And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

2 Corinthians 6:16 – Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, “I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

1 John 4:4 – Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

These verses suggest that “Yahshua” does:

John 14:20 – At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 15:4 – Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Romans 8:10 – And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Galatians 4:6 – Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

2 Corinthians 13:5 – Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Ephesians 3:17 – That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Colossians 1:27 – To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 John 2:14 – I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the Word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

1 John 3:21-24 – 21Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

These verses suggest that a separate, volitional personage “The Holy Spirit” does:

John 14:16,17 –  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26 – But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7 – Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 16:13 – Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Corinthians 6:19 – What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

The Spirits of the Father and Son are even used interchangeably by Paul, and equated!:

Romans 8:9-11 – 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

John teaches that they (i.e., the Father and Son) indwell us concurrently:

John 14:23 – Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (cf. Gal 1:1, Joh 2:19-21, 1 Pet 3:18)

But…..nonetheless scripture designates that there is ONE Spirit and ONE God that indwells us:

Ezekiel 11:19 – And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

1 Corinthians 12:13 – For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18 – For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ephesians 4:4 – There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:6 – One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

How is it that seemingly more than one personage can indwell us, yet scripture categorically designates only one spirit? That only works if is compound unity is involved. Do they suggest that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One God? Yes, I think so – that’s the only logical conclusion.

Blessings

Mercy
Participant

The Holy Spirit is in Christ and Christ's spirit is in us. Jesus forms the conduit or bridge between God and man. Since Christ is in us and the Father is in Christ then the Father's Holy Spirit is therefore in us. And through the renewing of the Holy Spirit and the cleansing of Christ's blood we become one with the Father and the Son in unity and love.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Is.1.18
To be consistent with your theme can you show us one scripture that says that a trinity indwells us?

You teach God is a trinity so since you have found two there must be scriptures that say three if your theory about the nature of God is correct?

The unity of Christ in God includes the unity in The Sprit of God and when we are joined to Christ we too share that one Spirit so God is all in all.

1Cor 15
” 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.”

You will not find it because it is the Spirit of God, that was in Christ as the Spirit of Christ, that is the Holy Spirit.

Rom 8
” 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. “

Oxy
Participant

Nick, I have never said that a trinity indwells us. Can I ask you AGAIN what church you go to? It might help me understand where you're coming from.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
2Tim 2.19

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
False religion is robbing people of the truth of the Scriptures and the life to be found within those pages and we are doing our best to reveal that truth and set the captives free.

Elidad
Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Sep. 07 2006,06:59)
Question: When we are saved, Who indwells us?

Hi Is 1:18, If you are really serious about gaining an answer to your question, perhaps you could checkout the paper presented at this address:
http://www.creatorgod.org/2006%20….rit.pdf

The writer invites objective criticism. It may help you gain a new perspective on the question of the Holy Spirit.

Cheers

Elidad :)

Oxy
Participant

Nick, this is the answer the Lord gave me to give to you last night.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.

If you study the Hebrew, God is saying “Let Us (God being in the plural sense) fashion man after Us”

God made us this way:
Body – The flesh.
Soul – Identity, including the thought process, personality, decision making.
Spirit – Conscience, “6th sense”, intuition, inner knowledge.

We are one being, but made up of three parts, fashioned after God.

The Lord also told me to say this to you.

You who have set yourselves up as teachers and lead astray those who are the Lords will receive 100 fold the wrath of God because of your wickedness and deception.

NickHassan
Participant

HI Oxy,
“Gen 1:26  And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.”

Did you really believe God was alone in heaven and the Source of all life and power had to do everything Himself?

Are you an oracle for all christians to hear from their God?

If you are why do you not obey God and abide in scripture?

Oxy
Participant

God was not alone in that He was three. God Almighty, The Word and the Holy Spirit.

And yes, God has the Power to do anything He likes. Nothing is impossible for Him!

Luk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Where is it written that we should abide in Scripture?

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
You said of Christ.
” He is not a PART of God, but is one WITH God.”

and then you say

“We are one being, but made up of three parts, fashioned after God.”

Do you know what you believe about God or are you totally confused?

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
You say
“Where is it written that we should abide in Scripture? “

If you do not know this you need to go back to basics.
To start with try Jn 14-17 and
2Jn
” 6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”

And if you would cast condemnation on your brothers remember they do not droink from your well for it's waters are suspect but they have obeyed God and as it says in Prov 5 they

“15Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well. “

You may seek words of condemnation for them but their Master says

Rom 8
” 1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

and if you wanted to check yourself lest their be a mote in your eye remember

Rev 19
” for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Viewing 20 posts - 4,361 through 4,380 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account