The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 3,841 through 3,860 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Who was doing such a thing Nick???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    The men who invented trinity theory. Who would follow them? Would not we risk falling into the same pit?

Oxy
    Participant

I follow Jesus, none other.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Then where did Jesus teach about a trinity God in scripture?

Oxy
    Participant

We both know He didn't use the word trinity. Trinity is only a word meaning 3. Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Oxy
    Participant

This is from http://www.dictionary.com

# A group consisting of three closely related members. Also called triunity.
    # Trinity Theology. In most Christian faiths, the union of three divine persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in one God. Also called Trine.

I don't have a problem with this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    You have no problems going beyond the teachings of Christ? Then who do you serve?

2 Jn 6f
    “6And (N)this is love, that we walk according to His commandments This is the commandment, (O)just as you have heard (P)from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

7For (Q)many deceivers have Âgone out into the world, those who (S)do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh This is (T)the deceiver and the (U)antichrist.

8(V)Watch yourselves, (W)that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward.

9Anyone who goes too far and (X)does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, (Y)do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting;

11for the one who gives him a greeting (Z)participates in his evil deeds.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Who came in the flesh? God?

Oxy
    Participant

Far out man, Chill out! I believe in Father Son and Holy Spirit and have an every day experiential life with God. I have His peace and joy in my heart. God is not upset with me, so why should you be?

Try practicing some of the fruit of the Spirit instead of going on a legalistic headhunting expedition. Honestly Bro, lighten up!

Oxy
    Participant

The Word of God came in the flesh according to Scripture. He was called Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Was this Son still part of his Father God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 11 2006,10:56)
    Far out man,  Chill out!  I believe in Father Son and Holy Spirit and have an every day experiential life with God.  I have His peace and joy in my heart.  God is not upset with me, so why should you be?

Try practicing some of the fruit of the Spirit instead of going on a legalistic headhunting expedition.  Honestly Bro, lighten up!

Hi Oxy,
    This is not headhunting legalism but pulling folk who teach falsehood out of the fire.
    It is love.
    Tough love.

I really believe God has brought you thus far but perhaps it is time to leave behind the traditions of men and follow him more closely?

Oxy
    Participant

He was obviously born as the Son of God. He was the firstborn of God and had the awesome pleasure of making God a daddy for the first time. Funny thing is tho, that He (Jesus) kept His name The Word of God as well.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Rev 19:12 And His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head many crowns. And He had a name written, one that no one knew except Himself.
    Rev 19:13 And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    So he truly was a son and not a part of God?

Oxy
    Participant

Depends on how you look at it. I am my father's son and am not him, but in a way I'm a part of my father as well. That's what geneology is all about.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    In which way are you part of your father?
    Are the things that you say make you part of your father relevant enough to enable you to state that you are not a separate being from your father?
    We are told not to get caught up too much in geneology.

God has a family.

Our own families are based on that family.

Eph 3.14
    “14For this reason I (A)bow my knees before the Father,
    15from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, “

Oxy
    Participant

God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit according to the Scriptures. I guess the way I've understood it is that it's a bit like having a board of trustees. All on body, but made up of different individuals.

The important thing is that when I asked Jesus into my life as Lord and saviour, He did just that. He came into my life and changed me so dramatically that 28 years later I love Him to bits and worship Him. A short time after that I was filled with the Holy Spirit and now minister in the prophet gifts and am grateful for the fruit of the Holy Spirit that are evident in my life so far. (still a long way to go).

Since finding Jesus and being filled with the Holy Spirit I have come to know my Father in Heaven in increasing measures. I am blessed more than I can say and I think this is reflected in my poetry on my page http://www.all4god.net

Keep an open heart before God my friend and do not get caught up in silly arguments that will be the undoing of you.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 11 2006,23:16)
    God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit according to the Scriptures.  I guess the way I've understood it is that it's a bit like having a board of trustees.  All on body, but made up of different individuals.

The important thing is that when I asked Jesus into my life as Lord and saviour, He did just that.  He came into my life and changed me so dramatically that 28 years later I love Him to bits and worship Him.  A short time after that I was filled with the Holy Spirit and now minister in the prophet gifts and am grateful for the fruit of the Holy Spirit that are evident in my life so far. (still a long way to go).

Since finding Jesus and being filled with the Holy Spirit I have come to know my Father in Heaven in increasing measures.  I am blessed more than I can say and I think this is reflected in my poetry on my page http://www.all4god.net

Keep an open heart before God my friend and do not get caught up in silly arguments that will be the undoing of you.

The Father is in the Son and His Spirit.
    Were you baptized in all three names?
    The Father-Jehovah
    The Son-Jesus
    The Holy Spirit——————–?

Oxy
    Participant

I was baptised 28 years ago, and to be honest I can't remember whether it was in Jesus name or in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.

The important thing is that I was baptised in water and now I am baptised in all three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Mat 28:19 Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ to remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

It seems that either is acceptable and I certainly would not get hung up about it. The important thing is that my relationship with the Lord is flourishing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hoi Oxy,
    Doid you know Eusebius of Caesarea says he had an original copy of Matthew's gospel in his library and quotes this verse as instead reading

“Baptise in my Name”?

Mat 28:19 “Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”,

Viewing 20 posts - 3,841 through 3,860 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account