The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 3,021 through 3,040 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (beenblake @ Nov. 24 2005,14:33)
    Dear Nick,

If you notice, it says “BE BAPTISED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST.” This means that you are baptized by Jesus Christ. I was baptized “in the name of Jesus Christ” by Jesus Christ who was working through a representative of His.

When the disciples went forth, they performed all miracles “in the name of Jesus.” They acted as His representative, in place of Him. They could only do those miracles and forgive sins, not because they actually had the power to forgive, but because Jesus was working through them. Only those disciples whom Jesus sent had the power to do such miracles. Only those He chose. Not anyone could say, “in the name of Jesus” and see the power of God. Jesus had granted those disciples the power of His Spirit, and it was acknowledged that the power came from Jesus by saying, “in the name of Jesus.”

Thus, the disciples did not forgive sins. Jesus forgave sins.

There is no other name on Heaven or earth that bears such power as the name of Jesus Christ. You cannot be baptized into any other name. There is no other way to Heaven accept through Jesus Christ.  

Here is some questions for you….

If Jesus is not God, then how could He breath the Holy Spirit (God's Spirit) onto the disciples as it says in John 20:22?

And….have you accepted Jesus as your Lord?

In love,
    Blake

Hi beenblake,
    The Body of Christ on earth continues the work of Christ reconciling men to God through bringing then to rebirth into the Son.
    Gal 3.27
    ” For all of you who were baptised into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ”
    Acts 22.16
    ” Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptised, and wash away your sins, calling on his name”

OK Christ was working through the apostles. Who was working through Christ? God was working through Christ and thence through the Spirit of Christ in the apostles and us.

“I can do all things through him who strenghtens me” Phil 4.13

“God is at work in you to will and to do” Phil 2.13

“Now all these things are FROM GOD
    Who reconciled us to Himself THROUGH CHRIST
    and gave US the ministry of reconciliation,
    namely that GOD WAS IN CHRIST,
    reconciling the world to HIMSELF,
    not counting their trespasses against them
    and He has committed to US the word of reconciliation.
    Therefore, WE are ambassadors FOR CHRIST,
    as though GOD were making an appeal THROUGH US;
    WE beg you ON BEHALF OF CHRIST;
    be reconciled WITH GOD”
    2 Cor 5.18f

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    What cult do you belong to? Is it the Whore of Babylon, the cult of Constantine?
    “Come out of her my people”

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Artizan007 @ Nov. 24 2005,00:40)
    “But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but my Father only,” Matt.24:36, Mark 13:32.

Funny that… Neither Jesus nor the Holy Spirit know the hour or the day, but only the FATHER… cant see equality here.

Can anyone help please?

Hi Artizan 007,
    I'd be happy to answer all your questions. I can't do it here however, due to a time constraints (I promised my wife I'd staff off message boards from Monday onwards). If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks and regards
    Is 1:18

david
    Participant

“For truly as regards this sect it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against.”—Acts 28:22.
    That is how the principal men of the Jews in Rome accurately described the situation of Jesus’ followers.

JESUS CHRIST was accused of being a drunkard, a glutton, a Sabbath breaker, a false witness, a blasphemer of God, and a messenger of Satan. He was also accused of being subversive.—Matthew 9:34; 11:19; 12:24; 26:65; John 8:13; 9:16; 19:12.

Many believed the accusations against Jesus and his disciples. Yet, every one of these charges was false. The people doing the accusing seemed absolutely ridiculous. Yet, somehow they seemed justified to themselves.

Had the word “cult” existed in his time, I'm quite certain his followers would have been considered a cult by most definitions today.

After Jesus’ death and resurrection, his disciples were the target of serious accusations. One group of first-century Christians were dragged to the city rulers by people crying out: ‘These men have overturned the inhabited earth.’ (Acts 17:6) On another occasion the apostle Paul and his companion Silas were taken to the authorities and charged with greatly disturbing the city of Philippi.—Acts 16:20.
    Evidently, this new group established by Jesus Christ was considered by some to be a religious group with radical views and practices that clashed with what was accepted in those days as normal social behavior. Undoubtedly, many today would have considered the Christians a destructive cult.
    The fact that people said these things did not make them true though. And not everyone who was influenced by the false reports about Jesus and his disciples fell into the trap of slandering him.

Those who own a Bible should know what Jesus fortold for his true followers–hatred by the world, persecution, slander, ridiculers, etc.
    It was fortold.

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You are so sure that the fact that JWs and other groups are persecuted shows they must be followers of Christ.
    Jews and Gypsies are persecuted.
    The Irish are made fun of.
    Drunkards, Criminals and idiots are not well liked worldwide.
    You might need al ittle more evidence than this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 3.16
    ” For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through him. He who believes in him is not judged; he who does not believe in him has been judged already because has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God”

God gave His Son. God sent His Son. Salvation is through obeying and believing the message that Son brings from God. Judgement is based on believing or not believing the Son.

So if God is a trinity would somebody please tell me how to understand these verses?

david
    Participant

You are so sure that the fact that JWs and other groups are persecuted shows they must be followers of Christ.
    Jews and Gypsies are persecuted.
    The Irish are made fun of.
    Drunkards, Criminals and idiots are not well liked worldwide.
    You might need al ittle more evidence than this.

Yes, but for what reason did Jesus say his followers would be treated that way?
    My point, which you again seem to miss, is that there are 10's of thousands of anit-Jehovah's Witnesses sites on the internet. We aren't well liked. You, Nick, are not well liked by certain people on this forum. Why? When certain individuals make fun of you, how do you view it? As the early disciples?
    You're right. Drunkards, criminals and idiots aren't well liked. And there is a reason for that.
    The reason Jesus wasn't well liked was much different then the reason such individuals aren't well liked. He showed the false religiousteachers for what they were. He spoke the truth. The truth is not well received by those who are comfortable with their way of life. The message he preached and the message his disciples preach is not well received, as he fortold.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    There is no safety in any denomination. JW's teachings harbour serious doctrinal flaws and who is going to show them these? Are you? If not then should you not leave lest you suffer for them too?
    “Come out of her my people lest you suffer for her sins”

david
    Participant

Nick, I merely pointed out that true Christians would be persecuted, and hated by the world, as fortold. I didn't even use the words “Jehovah's Witnesses,” in that first post. I was simply talking about Jesus and the early Christains and how true Christians today should compare. I know you it would make life easier for you if Jehovah's Witnesses didn't exist. Then you could go about believing what you will.

As far as “Coming out of her my people,” our conversations have shown that you still seem to cling to Babylonian beliefs that have filtered through Greek philosphy. To come partially out, and then still cling to such things….
    Nick, do you ever Witness about Jehovah? Shouldn't all Christians witness (tell the truth to others) about the Sovereign Lord of the Universe?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 26 2005,02:28)
    Nick, I merely pointed out that true Christians would be persecuted, and hated by the world, as fortold.  I didn't even use the words “Jehovah's Witnesses,” in that first post.  I was simply talking about Jesus and the early Christains and how true Christians today should compare.  I know you it would make life easier for you if Jehovah's Witnesses didn't exist.  Then you could go about believing what you will.

As far as “Coming out of her my people,” our conversations have shown that you still seem to cling to Babylonian beliefs that have filtered through Greek philosphy.  To come partially out, and then still cling to such things….
    Nick, do you ever Witness about Jehovah?  Shouldn't all Christians witness (tell the truth to others) about the Sovereign Lord of the Universe?

Hi david,
    We expose the works of darkness wherever they appear. The JW's show how far easily and how far error can extend when men follow men and it is useful to use it as an example of unspiritual human religion as contrasted with walking in the Spirit of God.

david
    Participant

How ironic that we are in the trinity thread and that by far, most people who claim to be Christain, and yet do not believe in the trinity are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Hey Nick, I too expose false religious beliefs, Nick. You don't need to be part of an organization to be completly wrong in some beliefs. This forum testifies to that fact Nick.

The independant, self-reliant, I don't need help from anyone attitude, may just be your downfall.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Turn your eye on your own beliefs, get rid of the falsehoods and and line them up with the teachings of the Son of God and you will enjoy his favour.

Anonymous

ST.John the Trinity revelator;1Jo 5:7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one……..Jo 5:10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 1Jo 5:20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Anonymous

Luk 1:76And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Anonymous

Jhn 1:10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Anonymous

Jhn 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2The same was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jhn 1:5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. :cool:

Anonymous

Jhn 1:14And the Word was made flesh…

Anonymous

Jhn 1:23He said, I [am] the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. Isa 40:3The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Anonymous

Anyone and i mean anyone who twists St.Johns` teaching of Christ and all the implecations of that title is in his own words a liar and has not the truth in him but is full of darkness. Anyone who shares in Nicks and t8`s false doctrines and willfull manipulations of the Word of God also shares in their sins; come out from among them, last warning!

Anonymous

Nick and t8 are mocking God! Flee from such!

Viewing 20 posts - 3,021 through 3,040 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account