The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,921 through 2,940 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

do your self a favour and take your own advise.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (soxan @ Nov. 20 2005,23:46)
    pfffffff, yeah please! It is you good old boys that slander, oh malicious scribes. Stop plaining your stupid games! Why don`t you guys go all the way and become full fledge JW`s, your a cult anyways. Bullshitters club.net, don`t need your memership. How do you guys find the balls to claim yourselves christians, when your slander and take away and then add to the bible? You guys have the bloody nerve! These aren`t simple mistakes your making! It is willful on all accounts! And the best part, you guys resort to the serpents tactics and declare that it is your opponents that twist Gods words. You guys indeed have the bloody nerve! To the super administator; kiss my ass where it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!

To Soxan,

He he. Wow I am in awe at your wisdom. Soxan, I can't help it but I think you are very funny. It's sort of the best of british, with a kind of Monty Python slant.

You know we cannot take you seriously, but I would remind you to the determent of the entertainment you provide, that your soul is of utmost importance. You should take a deep breath and then pray to God that he may give you wisdom. If you really mean it, he will freely give it to you.

I would love to meet you in person, even to just to put a face to your words.

Anonymous

Look if you don`t care about the souls on your forum who read your garbage then you wouldn`t care about the watchman[the security guard]. If you can`t take me seriously then take Balaams` judgement seriously[david any sp. errores? please chime in]. He added his own revelation to the Revelation! Glad you enjoy my brand of humor but with it there is a lot of sorrow and grief.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    Then please expound for us in your own words using scripture alone what truths we do not love to learn and share. We have never stopped being openminded. But neither are we brainwashed by deceivers following Constantine into accepting what is not written as truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn.1.33, quoting John the Baptist.
    ” I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God”
    But Is 1.18 you would disagree. You would say that he was 'called' the son of God. You would say “son of God ” was a title like 'King' or 'Lord'. But even King and Lord describe the roles and relationships to God and man. They are appointed roles given by a greater being. What of the Son? Is sonship just an appointed role and title too?
    Jesus, Paul, John and Peter and even angels and demons would disagree.
    Would it not be better to teach in harmony with their words first?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2Cor 5.19
    “…God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”

So how could a trintarian understand this verse?
    Perhaps
    “Trinity God was in the second person of the trinity ….”?????

Coll 2.9
    ” For in Him the fullness of deity dwells in bodily form”

Perhaps
    “In the second person of the trinity the whole trinity lived..”???

Acts 10.38
    ” You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and power…”

Perhaps
    “The whole trinity was with second person of the trinity and filled the second person with the third person”????

david
    Participant

Wherever anyone does not take you in or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off your feet.

NickHassan
    Participant

Are you listening to yourself david?

beenblake
    Participant

“son” is not a title. It is a statement of fact. It is a statement of origin.
    Adam is said to be a son of God. Was that just a title?
    Are all the sons spoken of in the bible only such by appointed title? When did the Son of God receive this bizarre empty title? Was in in recognition of his behaviours?

It changes the meaning of the word 'son' to something unnatural and unbiblical. Why is this necessary? Do you not believe he actually is the Son of God? He said he was.

Are we not all sons of our own fathers or are they just titles too?

The term “son of God” has two connotations. One is used to describe Adam and the angels. The other use describes Jesus.

Adam and the angels have been called the sons of God because they were the direct handiwork of God. This means they did not spawn from another being, but rather were created directly by the hand of God. Adam did not come from another human. He was created directly by God's hand.

Jesus, however, has been called the “only begotten son of God.” If Adam and the angels are sons of God, why is Jesus called the “only begotten son”? It means just what it says. The key word is here is “begotten.” Adam was created by God. Jesus was begotten of God. Jesus was not created by God. Jesus was brought forth from God. Jesus came from God.

As an artist, you can appreciate calling something you created a “son.” Many times artists will stand back from thier work and say, “These are my children.” The artist has expressed herself in the art in every way. Despite this, there is a significant difference from something you have created, and something you have begotten.

As a father, I am sure you can appreciate the word “begotten.” Your children, who are begotten of you, are not created. You did not sit down and design them how you liked. Rather, your children are “of” you. They have been brought forth from you.

Genesis 4:1 (NLT)
    1 Now Adam slept with his wife, Eve, and she became pregnant. When the time came, she gave birth to Cain, and she said, “With the LORD's help, I have brought forth a man!”

Notice she said, “brought forth.” Eve did not create a son, she brought forth a son. She gave birth to a son. This son was born of Adam.

Jesus is the “only begotten son of God.” Jesus is the only son who is born of God. Everything else was created by God.

Your son has been born of you. This means that your son shares in all that you are. Your son is an extension of you. When you witnessed His birth, did you not see yourself in Him? It was not until He was much older you began to see all the ways He is not you.

Jesus, on the other hand, represents His Father perfectly. Jesus is God. Adam was created in the image of God. Jesus is the image of God.

Hebrews 1:3a (NLT)
    The Son reflects God's own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly.

Colossians 1:15 (NLT)
    Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation.

John 14:9 (NLT)
    Jesus replied, “Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him?

Evenso, Jesus was also born of man. Jesus was born of Mary. Jesus is called the “Son of God” and the “Son of Man.” So which is it? Is Jesus born of God or born of man? Is Jesus God or is Jesus man?

Jesus is both. However, this is the great mystery of the Christian faith. How is it possible for God to come to earth, live as a man, die as a man, and then be resurrected into Heaven again? (1 Tim. 3:16)

Jesus knew that this was a great mystery. In fact, He used this mystery to confound the Pharisees.

Matthew 22:41-46 (NLT)
    41 Then, surrounded by the Pharisees, Jesus asked them a question: 42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?” They replied, “He is the son of David.” 43 Jesus responded, “Then why does David, speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, call him Lord? For David said, 44 'The LORD said to my Lord, Sit in honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies beneath your feet.' 45 Since David called him Lord, how can he be his son at the same time?” 46 No one could answer him. And after that, no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Notice that Jesus asked, “Since David called him Lord, how can he be his son at the same time?” Jesus was asking, how could a man who was born of David, who was an offspring of David, also be the God of David?

How is that possible? That would be like you calling your son “Father.”

Jesus confirms that He is this very Messiah in the book of Revelation.

Revelation 22:16 (KJ)
    I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Notice He says “root” and “offspring.” Jesus says He is the root of David. This means that David branches off of Him. David draws life and sustenance from Jesus. And yet, Jesus is also the “offspring” of David. Jesus is a descendant, a son of David.

Jesus is God and man.

Philippians 2:5-8 (NLT)
    5 Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. 6 Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his rights as God. 7 He made himself nothing; he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form. 8 And in human form he obediently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross.

God came to earth as a man to reconcile and mediate between God and man. He suffered and died so that we may be saved. He did this for us. He did this because He loved us.

It is important to understand that it was God who mediated. We needed a mediator, because we were an enemy of God. We had defied Him, and made ourselves like a God. In order to reconcile this terrible situation, God came down to earth and mediated Himself. You must see and understand this, because it is important for you to realize that God loved us first. God made the first move. This my friend, is grace. God gave us grace. We did not have to clean up our act in order to be saved, in order to see Heaven. Instead, God gave us His son, His Holy one. He gave Himself to us, as an act of love, so that we might be saved.

Jesus suffered our punishment for us. We deserved eternal death. We are bad, horrible, and evil people who deserve to go to Hell. Every person on earth is bad. No one is good. And yet, despite this, Jesus died for us. God loved us first.

Through the death of Jesus, we have been reconciled. We have been made right with God. However, this can only happen through Jesus. It cannot happen any other way. If you want to be forgiven for your sins, you must turn to Jesus. It is Jesus who gave His life. It is Jesus who died. It is Jesus who will save you.

In my original statement, I said you must have faith. I could show you proof in the bible. I could explain it to you. However, you must have faith.

Jesus is God and Man. This is the great mystery of faith that confounds even the greatest philosophers. Who can grasp this? Who can fully understand how God could come to earth as a man and die for our sins? It doesn't make sense. It defies logic.

You must have faith. You must believe in Jesus. If you believed in Jesus, you would go to Him. You would seek Him out. You would ask Him for help.

A belief does not exist in the mind. You don't believe in things because people put up a good argument. You believe in things because you have experienced them. You know them by heart. Faith is not a matter of the mind. Faith is a matter of the heart. Why do
    you think children have the greatest faith? They believe in things with thier heart.

Don't take my word for it. Don't believe in me. Pray to Jesus. Ask Jesus Himself if this is all true. Ask Jesus to help you. Ask the one who came from Heaven. Ask the one who has all the authority and power over Heaven and earth. Ask the one who will be your judge, the one that decides whether you enter Heaven or Hell. Ask Jesus to forgive and save you. Let Him show you the truth.

John 14:6 (NLT)
    Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi beenblake,
    I agree with much you have written but much comes from the speculations of men and not revelation. Yes your thoughts will find a very receptive audience everywhere. Lots of warm fuzzies and no one needs to change anything in their lives. Sadly it is not the truth.

Reconciliation with God is being, and has been preached, but through the gate of salvation by being reborn into the Son. Your doctrine is that of “universalism” [Jesus died and thus all are saved!] Nonsense my friend. God requires repentance and a sign of your faith before angels and men.

God did not come but he sent his “only begotten Son”. ” Only begotten” of course is one word in greek so your explanation is short on substance. Scripture does not say Jesus came because he loved us. It says he came to do the will of the Father who so loved us to send that son.

My son does not share everything of me. He is not an extension of me. Nonsense. He shares some of my genes and some from my wife and it is hightly unlikely we could give one another even a blood transfusion.

The Son of God is a son of God. He reflects God and is the image of God but no image or reflection is as great as the original. A mirror image for example may look like me, but it has only two dimensions. The moon gives us the reflected light of the Sun but men cannot walk on the surface of the Sun.

“Come out of her my people lest you suffer for her sins”

Anonymous

dust the feet? i wish it was so easy, every time i interact with you clowns i have to dip myself in holy water 7 times and even thats not enough!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    Why not try the Ganges? Your attitude bears no relationship to any known form of Christianity.

Anonymous

your lies bare no likeness to the truth. nick old[hmmm! old nick, something to think about] boy what do you know about christianity? even the Ganges wouldn`t help! i see how you have been butchering Is1;18 words lately, you do it with ease.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Acts 26.15f
    “And I said
    'Who are you Lord?'
    And the Lord said
    ' I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. But get up and stand on your feet; for this reason I have appeared to you, to appoint you a minister…to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in me….I..kept declaring …that they should repent and turn to God perfoming deeds appropriate to repentance”
    Here Paul is in full flight appealing to King Agrippa not for mercy for himself but to save Agrippa too. He quotes Jesus about the kingdom of God and not any trinity. Why have men changed the message of God? Do they not fear Him?

Anonymous

first my name aint Saint Paul, second you are not being persecuted. It figures you guys don`t know a thing about persecution. Exposed? yes! you have been exposed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Eph 3.14
    ” for this reason I bow my Knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives it's name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge; that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God”
    No trinity there.

So according to Paul whom do we pray to? The Father.
    Why? So that God would send His Spirit to fill us.
    Why? So that we might by the grace of that Spirit;

Have power in the inner man to be made strong
    Understand more the things of God
    Know Christ within us through the Spirit of Christ
    Be enabled by the infusion of the love of God to know the love of Christ.

God is love

God is not a trinity.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (soxan @ Nov. 22 2005,03:12)
    first my name aint Saint Paul, second you are not being persecuted. It figures you guys don`t know a thing about persecution. Exposed? yes! you have been exposed.

OK how about saint sox?

So what must we do Soxan? What is your answer? What are we to do, according to your gospel?

I look forward to your reply with eager anticipation.

Anonymous

you know what you have to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    I do not think it is possible to convince you about anything. You are following your gut instinct here which tells you we are deceived but you have trouble putting it into words. If you are a little patient with us and test our words against scripture instead of your traditional based instincts you may give us a better hearing.

Anonymous

when someone like yourself lies then what is there to be patient about.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,921 through 2,940 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account