The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Imagine for a second that you were God's friend, his really close friend. You knew him and he knows you. He knows you as a friend. If you die, he will have a desire to see you again. But of course, he's not like a human friend. He knows the stars by name. And remember, the very hairs on your head are numbered. And, I would imagine a lot more than that. Think about this. If he knows when a sparrow falls to the earth, surely he notices when you die. We have family members, and close ones who remember us. How much more so Jehovah, the creator of the universe, the maker of all things, remembers us. And if we are close to him, he will “have a yearning” to bring us back into existence. To try to imagine Jehovah's memory is something like ours is foolish beyond reason. For him to bring us back to life with all our memories, our personality, our characteristics, would not be a challenge to him.
    Where is the safest place in the universe Kenrch? It's not a trick question? The saftest place in the universe is in Jehovah's memory. Nothing can touch it. Nothing can make you fade away, or be forgotten. Every nuance of you would be completely safe, wouldn't it?
    I suggest we become memorable to Jehovah now, while we're alive. I suggest we become friends with him. And why wouldn't we want to?

david

david
    Participant

The Greek pneu´ma (spirit) comes from pne´o, meaning “breathe or blow,” and the Hebrew ru´ach (spirit) is believed to come from a root having the same meaning. Ru´ach and pneu´ma, then, basically mean “breath” but have extended meanings beyond that basic sense. (Compare Hab 2:19; Re 13:15.) They can also mean wind; the vital force in living creatures; one’s spirit; spirit persons, including God and his angelic creatures; and God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Compare Koehler and Baumgartner’s Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros, Leiden, 1958, pp. 877-879; Brown, Driver, and Briggs’ Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, 1980, pp. 924-926; Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, edited by G. Friedrich, translated by G. Bromiley, 1971, Vol. VI, pp. 332-451.) All these meanings have something in common: They all refer to that which is invisible to human sight and which gives evidence of force in motion. Such invisible force is capable of producing visible effects.

Another Hebrew word, nesha·mah´ (Ge 2:7), also means “breath,” but it is more limited in range of meaning than ru´ach. The Greek pno·e´ seems to have a similar limited sense (Ac 17:25) and was used by the Septuagint translators to render nesha·mah´.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 30 2005,02:22)
    The Greek pneu´ma (spirit) comes from pne´o, meaning “breathe or blow,” and the Hebrew ru´ach (spirit) is believed to come from a root having the same meaning. Ru´ach and pneu´ma, then, basically mean “breath” but have extended meanings beyond that basic sense. (Compare Hab 2:19; Re 13:15.) They can also mean wind; the vital force in living creatures; one’s spirit; spirit persons, including God and his angelic creatures; and God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Compare Koehler and Baumgartner’s Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros, Leiden, 1958, pp. 877-879; Brown, Driver, and Briggs’ Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, 1980, pp. 924-926; Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, edited by G. Friedrich, translated by G. Bromiley, 1971, Vol. VI, pp. 332-451.) All these meanings have something in common: They all refer to that which is invisible to human sight and which gives evidence of force in motion. Such invisible force is capable of producing visible effects.

Another Hebrew word, nesha·mah´ (Ge 2:7), also means “breath,” but it is more limited in range of meaning than ru´ach. The Greek pno·e´ seems to have a similar limited sense (Ac 17:25) and was used by the Septuagint translators to render nesha·mah´.

Hi david,
    The breath of God is more than”force in motion”

It is sufficient to turn bodies of dust into living souls, personalities with hearts and minds.

The Spirit of God is more again giving us the nature and mind and power of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 30 2005,02:20)
    Imagine for a second that you were God's friend, his really close friend.  You knew him and he knows you.  He knows you as a friend.  If you die, he will have a desire to see you again.  But of course, he's not like a human friend.  He knows the stars by name.  And remember, the very hairs on your head are numbered.  And, I would imagine a lot more than that.  Think about this.  If he knows when a sparrow falls to the earth, surely he notices when you die.  We have family members, and close ones who remember us.  How much more so Jehovah, the creator of the universe, the maker of all things, remembers us.  And if we are close to him, he will “have a yearning” to bring us back into existence.  To try to imagine Jehovah's memory is something like ours is foolish beyond reason.  For him to bring us back to life with all our memories, our personality, our characteristics, would not be a challenge to him.  
    Where is the safest place in the universe Kenrch?  It's not a trick question?  The saftest place in the universe is in Jehovah's memory.  Nothing can touch it.  Nothing can make you fade away, or be forgotten.  Every nuance of you would be completely safe, wouldn't it?
    I suggest we become memorable to Jehovah now, while we're alive.  I suggest we become friends with him.  And why wouldn't we want to?

david

Hi david,
    The only way to become a friend of God and be reconciled with Him is to respond to the Son he sent with a message on His behalf.
    “Unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

Is 1:18
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is not an 'active force', that is a poor conclusion to draw from the Biblical data.

click
    click

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    God is spirit
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

What else is there to know?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 30 2005,02:22)

Hey David,

When the Holy Spirit comes upon me what is it that LEAPS WITH JOY!

1Co 15:53 This body that decays must be changed into a body that cannot decay. This mortal body must be changed into a body that will live forever.

This says that I will get a new suit. …must be changed into a body that cannot decay… Sounds like someone changing his pants. In other words something else that will cover the inner man.

2Co 4:16 Therefore we do not give up; even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.
    Every translation says the same including the New World Translation:
    16 Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day. 17 For though the tribulation is momentary and light, it works out for us a glory that is of more and more surpassing weight and is everlasting; 18 while we keep our eyes, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting.

….the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day.

1Co 15:53 Because this corruptible must be clothed with incorruptibility, and this mortal must be clothed with immortality.

5 YOU hand such a man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, in order that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. NWT 1Cor. 5:5

The spirit here is the inner mind of 2 Cor 4:16

The man (spirit) inside sleeps when he expires. But the inner man still exist. God won't recreate the inner man to do so would be against His plan. He will waken the man inside the old body that decayed.
    The JWs bible says the same! So what's the problem?

Anonymous

t8! math and doctrine are not your specialty! No! God is not 2 persons that have the same spirit. Never trust emotion over scripture, never! t8 & Nick i can`t muster the same sympathy others are trying to reach you with. You both have not gained my respect. Rather you disgust me, with the way you butcher the bible and math. What you clearly know you reject. David you do not have my respect.  You come across as a soft spoken person, but you and i know better. ???  :(  :(  :(  

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    It is a poor substitute for comparing scripture with scripture to waste time attacking the messengers. We are used to it. Trintarians sometimes seem to be forced into these tactics because their ability to justify scripturally their beliefs soon becomes difficult. That is because their faith is based on man and his doctrines rather than scripture. I encourage you to go beyond fear and dare to be different. Check what scripture really says and build your beliefs around that.
    That is how you show your loyalty is rather to God.

Anonymous

Check scriptures? which ones, the ones you you choose or the ones you reject? Attack thats a laugh! . Not only do you attack scripture you butcher it also. If you quack like a duck, then you must be a duck.

beenblake
    Participant

Dear Nick,

If you don't know Jesus then God is your enemy.

John 8:19 (NLT)
    “Where is your father?” they asked. Jesus answered, “Since you don't know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, then you would know my Father, too.”

If you knew Jesus, then you would know God, for Jesus is God. However, if you don't know Jesus, then you don't know God.

Mt 28 18
    ” All authority HAS BEEN GIVEN to me in heaven and on earth”

You still do not yet understand. God came to earth as Jesus so that all who wish to worship and love God in truth may do so by faith. God exalted the name of Jesus above all names.

Jesus is a person. It is the true person of God. Until this time, God had stayed hidden from everyone. Even Moses could not see the full image of God without being blinded. God revealed Himself in Jesus. That is why it says, “All authority has been given…”

God is trying to tell you that Jesus Christ is God. Jesus has all the authority. If Jesus has all the authority, then why do you run from Him? Why do you not submit unto Christ?

John 4:23-24 (NLT)
    But the time is coming and is already here when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for anyone who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

You see, God wants you to worship Him in truth. What does that mean? True worship is an act of love. True worship comes from love. If God forced you to worship Him, then how could you? It would not be true. Love is a choice. You must have the freedom to make a choice. Through Jesus, you have that choice, because there is no solid proof that Jesus is God. You must believe by faith.

The bible says countless times that we are to only worship God.

You must only worship God. The ten commandments makes this clear, “You shall have no other God's before me.” This is pretty specific.

Matthew 4:10 (NASB)
    Then Jesus said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, `YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.' ”

God wants you to worship Him alone and not any other God. However, how can you worship God, if you don't know Him? You could worship any God, so long as it fit the credentials of what God is. You could worship “the Father.” Well, who is the “Father”??? Have you met Him? You could worship Jehovah, but even He is impersonal. He always stayed at a distance. He never showed His face.

Jesus is a person. All who know Jesus, know God. And so, all who worship Jesus worship God in truth. God wants a relationship with people. He wants us to worship Him in love. Love is a relationship. How many people do you know that loved each other and didn't know each other? Love is intimate. Love is personal. God wants to be personal with us. And so, God came to earth as a person who is named Jesus. God established His person as a human. How could humans relate to some imaginary figure in the sky? How could we ever love that?

We, as humans, need something real. We needed God to come to earth as a man. We needed to see this man and know this man. Jesus, who is God, was a man. He was a real human being who faced all the trials and difficulties we have. This is a God we can worship. This God exists on our level.

God gave all His authority to Jesus. Don't you understand? God will not just give all His authority away. That's like saying, “God decided that He didn't want to be God anymore, and so He gave all His authority away.” Why would He do that? It doesn't make any sense.

God established Himself as a human being, as a real person on earth, and gave that identity, that person, all His authority. It is the same God. There is only one God. However, God established an identity among His people.

Countless times in the bible, people worshipped at the feet of Jesus. Why would Jesus not stop these people? Why did He not stop Mary when she wash his feet with her hair? She worshipped him as God? This is the biggest sin of all. This is blasphemy. And yet, Jesus allowed it. God does not share His worship with anyone. And so, if you say Jesus is not God, then you are calling Jesus a lair. For Jesus let people worship Him.

Revelations 5:14 (NLT)
    And the four living beings said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped God and the Lamb.

In this verse, they worshipped both God and the Lamb. How can this be? Jesus said we should only worship God. And yet, they worshipped Jesus in this scripture. So wait, are there two Gods? Or is there one?

Psalms 2:11-12 (NASB)
    11 Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling.
    12 Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish {in} the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

Worship and homage are the same thing. In fact, to pay homage is the highest act of worship one can give. It means “to bow down, prostrate oneself.” To prostrate oneself is to lie completely flat against the ground. It means you are giving your all, everything. This scripture is saying that we should give everything to Jesus.

And what happens if we don't give everything to Jesus? We will perish.

Matthew 10:38-39 (NLT)
    If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. 39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give it up for me, you will find it”

If you don't give up your life to Jesus and submit unto Him, then you will lose your life. You will die. You will not be given eternal life, for eternal life only comes through Jesus. You must believe in Jesus.

What did Jesus do on the cross? He gave His life for us. He died for us. He redeemed us. This means that He bought you at a price. Jesus redeemed you. He bought you. He owns you. Jesus owns you. Let me say this again, Jesus owns you.

In Romans 6:23, it says the wages of sin is death. When people commit a sin, they earn the punishment of death. Workers earn what they recieve. (Romans 4:4). This means that you own a huge debt. You have sinned (Romans 3:23). We all have sinned. I have sinned too. We owe a huge debt. How are you going to pay it?

Well, you can pay this debt by working it off. You work it off by trying to do good things. For every good deed you do, you pay off your debt a little. And slowly, you work your way to goodness. You keep doing this, hoping, that when the day of judgement comes, you can show God how good you have been. And so, you will sit in a huge court proceeding with Jesus as your lawyer. This is wrong!!

Read the rest of Romans 6:23….

Romans 6:23 (NLT)
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

It says, “free gift.” It is free. You can't earn it. You cannot earn a free gift. There is nothing you can do in this world to earn eternal life. It doesn't matter how hard you work, the gift is free. So what do you do with gifts?? When you give gifts to your children, what do you want them to do? You want them to accept them. All you have to do is accept it. Accept this free gift. We call it grace. “Amazing grace, how sweet it is.”

Jesus died for you. You deserved to die. And yet, Jesus who bore no sin, who was perfect in every way, took your sins. He paid off your debts. He went to your debtors and paid them off. By doing this, He bought you. He bought you at a steep price. Jesus owns you.

However, Jesus cannot force His grace on you. He cannot force you to believe in Him. All He can do is plead with you, “Will you be mine?”

Well, will you? Will you be His?? Will you give up your li
    fe to Jesus? Will you pay homage to your King? Will you bow down to the son of God and worship Him? Will you make Jesus your Lord?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi beenblake,
    So you worship Jesus in preference to the Father? That opposes the words of Jesus Christ.
    Jn 4.23
    ” …true worshippers wil worship THE FATHER in spirit and truth..”
    Are you a true worshipper? Jesus told us if we are we should worship the Father, not himself.

You say you do not yet know the Father? Then come to Jesus and be reborn into him and he will lead you into a family relationship with God, who is the Father. Don't follow the foolish confused teachings of men but follow Jesus.

david
    Participant

Do you have the watchtower library Kenrch?

david
    Participant

Nick i can`t muster the same sympathy others are trying to reach you with. You both have not gained my respect. Rather you disgust me, with the way you butcher the bible and math. What you clearly know you reject. David you do not have my respect. You come across as a soft spoken person, but you and i know better.

Yes, it's clear that you often don't show respect. Agreed.

1 PETER 3:15
    “But sanctify the Christ as Lord in YOUR hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of YOU a reason for the hope in YOU, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.”

Being “soft spoken,” as you say or mild tempered is something we should all try to be when sharing our hope with others.

Anonymous

Better to be a hothead like St.Peter[remember the guy who sliced some guy`s ear off?]. Than a blatten liar who clothes himself with sheeps wool. I can see your big teeth, David!

Rudy
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 30 2005,04:00)
    The Holy Spirit is not an 'active force', that is a poor conclusion to draw from the Biblical data.

click
    click

Hi, Is 1:18

Nice links.

Thank You!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 31 2005,23:32)
    Do you have the watchtower library Kenrch?

Hi david,
    How would this library help?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If there were two Gods to worship or he was part of God why would Jesus say this
    Jn 5.44
    “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from THE ONE AND ONLY GOD?”

Anonymous

And why do you ignore the rest of the scriptures that claim that JESUS is GOD? And all the other scriptures that teach the concept of the Trinity? is it because your dence? is it becauce you bark at the moon? ruff! It`s not becauce you rightly divide the Word! Me reasoning with you is like reasoning with a JW. Nuff said. For those who are not brain washed read this; Jesus` Divinity

Anonymous

Even your questions are deceitful. Thats a reflection of your character, notty boy-rrrrufff! Hey! Betch ya not a vegaterian. Betcha ya like your lamb chops rare, real rare. Come on gives us a bark.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account