The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,681 through 2,700 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

HMMM! You can`t give a simple answer to a simple question! You always have to add your own words to it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    I thought you would be keen to share your own experiences with us in a positive way. I have shared mine many times.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi bb,
    “if the bible told you Jesus is God then you could not believe in Him”

so it is not what the bible says we should believe but what you tell us? IOr shoul;d we read between the lines and find revelations? I prefer to believe what the bible says and then test the speculations of men against that. There are a lot of men out there who claim to have the truth and they all disagree and hate one another. It seems a lot safer to abide in the Word.

beenblake
    Participant

Dear Nick,

I do not expect you to trust me. Why would you? You don't know me.

I am just trying to reveal what God has revealed to me. I am sharing this with you out of love. I am not special or anything of the sort. This same revelation is available to all.

I am challenging you my friend. I am challenging you to call out to Jesus as God. Pray to Jesus. Worship Jesus. Give Jesus your life and your praise. Pray to Jesus for forgiveness of sins and accept Him into your heart.

You said, “We must be born again into the Son. He is the mediator between God and man. So he cannot be that God if he mediates with God can he?”

Only God can be good. And in order for you, or me, or anyone to be good, we must be born into the Spirit of God. You are right to say that we must be born again into the Son. However, if Jesus is not God, then it wouldn't do any good.

You must understand that God came to earth as Jesus to be the example of what we are supposed to be. We are supposed to be like Jesus, or as some say, Christ-like.

I understand why you are getting caught up on the whole mediator thing. Jesus is our mediator. However, the way He mediates is not as you think. Jesus does not stand next to God and mediate. This is just a metaphor in order for our simple minds to understand a more complex scenario that is going on.

Let me explain the whole story. Maybe it will make more sense.

God is Holy. This means God is good. When we say God is good, we are not giving God definition. For instance, if I say Nick is good, we are basically saying Nick does good things. However, when we say God is good, what we are saying is that good is defined by God.

God is God. He is. He is at the top. He is all powerful and in control of everything. God created everything else: angels, heaven, earth, man, universe. All these things depend on God for existance and life. They need God. We need God. However, God doesn't need anything. He is.

And so, anything God does is unselfish. God is love. He cannot do anything selfish for God has nothing to gain. God can only give. He can only love. God cannot benefit from anything. God owns everything. He is perfect and complete. He is God.

And so, anything God does is good. God IS good. Good is God. Evil is anything that opposes God. Anything that goes against God is evil. And so, only God is good.

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the earth and it was good. Why? Because nothing in the Heavens and earth defied God. Nothing could. All things did whatever God said.

Then God created humans. Humans were given free will. This means that we had the freedom to defy God. We could do evil. At first, however, we were good. We did not choose to do evil. Until, one day, Satan came to earth and tempted us. In this moment, sin was born. For the first time, evil had existed in the universe. Humans defied God. God said, “Don't eat from that tree.” And, we went against Him. We ate from the tree. We defied God's Word.

This is bad. God cannot be around evil. He cannot be near sin. And so, God rebuked humans. He pulls away His Spirit.

God is the giver of life. All things depend on Him. And so, when He pulled away His Spirit, this caused us to die.

At this point, we were doomed. What could God do? He loved us immensely, but look at what we had become. We were evil and disgusting. So, God came unto the people Israel and gave them the law through Moses. If anyone could live up to the law, they could be like God. They would be good.

And so, the Israelites tried to live up to the law. However, no matter how many times they tried, they failed. They failed, they failed, and they failed.

God knew they would fail. Why? Only God can be good. Only God can be God. No one can be good except for God.

So, what did God do? He devised an unthinkable plan. He came to earth as a human being. God, the most High God, the supreme ruler of all, lowered Himself below angels, and became a human being.

Since only God can be good, He is the only one who could live up to the law. He could do all that the law required. He could fulfill the law. (Remember how Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law.)

And so, God came to earth as Jesus and lived up to the law. By doing this, He acted as a mediator between God and man. (Haven't you ever done that? Haven't you ever been mad at a friend for something, and then forgave them? You became the mediator between you and your friend.)

What God did next is awesome. He died for all of us. He forgave all our sins.

However, you must understand the significance of this to understand why Jesus has to be God.

God wants us to love Him. The whole law is based on that. The first commandment is to love God with everything. However, you can't force someone to love you. God cannot force us to love Him. We have free will. We have to choose God. And so, if God commands us to love Him, how can we???

This is a big problem. This means that no matter how hard we try, we cannot live up to the law. God commanded us to love Him. This means we must do it. That is not true love. We cannot truly love God, by choice, unless we are set free from the law. Jesus died to set us free from the law.

And so, God wants us to choose Him. God set up this whole thing through Jesus so we could choose Him in love by faith.

You see, Jesus never once called Himself God outwardly. Why? Because if He did, then that would not be a choice. We could not choose to make Jesus our God willingly. We could not choose Jesus out of love. We would be forced to love Jesus because He is God.

The choice is yours…do you want to choose Jesus? Do you want Jesus to be your God?

You don't need to believe me or believe what I say. You need to believe in Jesus. Pray and ask Jesus about what I have said. Call out to Him for forgiveness of your sins.

beenblake
    Participant

Dear Nick,

The Pharisees sentenced Jesus to be killed on the verdict of blasphemy. Blasphemy is to declare that you are God. It is the worst of all sins.

In those days, the Pharisees knew there was only one God. Only God would and could save Israel. Only God was the King of Israel. Only God had the power to forgive sins. Only God was master of the law, for the law was God's law. Only God had the power to command demons. Not even Michael, the top angel, can command demons. Michael must fight against them. God, however, can control them.

So, when Jesus performed miracles, cast out demons, forgave sins, and saved people, He was showing people that He was God. When Jesus called Himself the Messiah and the son of God, the people back then knew what He meant. He was saying, “I am God.”

Jesus also called Himself, the “son of man.” You must understand what these two terms mean. To be a “son of man” means that you are born of a man. It means that you have a flesh. Jesus was a man. He has flesh and bones. To be a “son of God” means that you have the Spirit of God. It means you are “of God.” Jesus had the Spirit of God. Lastly, to say you are the Messiah, means that you are a Savior and King. It means you have all the power, authority, and goodness to be King, God, and Lord.

The Pharisees knew there is only one God. There can be no more than one. If Jesus has all the power and authority of God, then He is God. If you say that Jesus is not God, then what you are saying is that there is actually two Gods, one is Jesus and the other is the Father.

There is one God. He is Jesus. There is one Lord, one King, one God. He is Jesus. He rules over everything.

Here are some scriptures that coincide with what I am saying:

Matthew 9:1-3 (NLT)
    1 Jesus climbed into a boat and went back across the lake to his own town. 2 Some people brought to him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “Take heart, son! Your sins are forgiven.” 3 “Blasphemy! This man talks like he is God!” some of the teachers of religious law said among themselves.

Luke 5:20-21 (NLT)
    20 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 21 “Who does this man think he is?” the Pharisees and teachers of religious law said to each other. “This is blasphemy! Who but God can forgive sins?”

John 10:32-33 (NLT)
    32 Jesus said, “At my Father's direction I have done many things to help the people. For which one of these good deeds are you killing me?” 33 They replied, “Not for any good work, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, have made yourself God.”

Mark 14:63-65 (NLT)
    63 Then the high priest tore his clothing to show his horror and said, “Why do we need other witnesses? 64 You have all heard his blasphemy. What is your verdict?” And they all condemned him to death. 65 Then some of them began to spit at him, and they blindfolded him and hit his face with their fists. “Who hit you that time, you prophet?” they jeered. And even the guards were hitting him as they led him away.

Matthew 12:8 (NLT)
    “For I, the Son of Man, am master even of the Sabbath.”

Lastly, the Pharisees did not believe Jesus was God. They wanted proof. They wanted Jesus to prove He was God. So, they tested Him. They hit Him, beat Him, knocked Him down, and crucified Him. While Jesus was hanging on the cross, the Pharisees waited for Jesus to prove Himself. However, Jesus knew He was God. He had nothing to prove. He let Himself be killed so that we could all be forgiven.

Mark 15:29-32 (NLT)
    29 And the people passing by shouted abuse, shaking their heads in mockery. “Ha! Look at you now!” they yelled at him. “You can destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days, can you? 30 Well then, save yourself and come down from the cross!” 31 The leading priests and teachers of religious law also mocked Jesus. “He saved others,” they scoffed, “but he can't save himself! 32 Let this Messiah, this king of Israel, come down from the cross so we can see it and believe him!”

beenblake
    Participant

Dear Nick,

One last comment.

You said, “so it is not what the bible says we should believe but what you tell us? IOr shoul;d we read between the lines and find revelations? I prefer to believe what the bible says and then test the speculations of men against that. There are a lot of men out there who claim to have the truth and they all disagree and hate one another. It seems a lot safer to abide in the Word.”

I don't want you to believe in me. You are certainly wise to check everything against the bible. However, the bible is not a basis for faith.

I am asking you, as a brother and friend, to believe in Jesus. Place your faith in Jesus. This means you should pray to Him. Ask Him to come to you. Ask Jesus to forgive you and save you.

When you do, Jesus will come down from Heaven and meet you. He will give you a revelation and testimony. Then you won't need the bible for faith.

Don't get me wrong. I love the bible too. It's an awesome book. It is good for testing as you say. However, God gave the bible to help us find Him. Have you found Jesus? Do you know Him personally or just by what the bible says? Has He ever spoke to your heart? Does He live in you?

You don't have to answer these questions on here for me. These are personal questions. I am just trying to encourage you to seek out Jesus. To call out to Him and make Him your King.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Y2T,
    It all sounds so fine and dandy. And it is one of the most popular false gospels around. Not exactly laced with scriptural proofs for this “gospel” does not have a scriptural basis. So should we listen to you or scripture on matters that are literally life and death?

Satan rebelled before man so sin was around before Adam.

God did not come in the flesh. Jesus Christ, Hiis Son, did.

1Jn 42
    ” By this you know the Spirit of God;every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God”

Your “gospel ” does not say this but that God came.So you are not teaching in the Spirit of God.

We were never under the Law so we do not need to be set free from it. Instead scripture says that we will perish apart from the Law unless we are born into Christ. We are gentiles and the Law was given to the Israelites.

Jesus spoke about those that say they love him but fail to obey him.
    Jn 14.23
    If anyone loves me he will keep my word; and My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our abode with him. He who does not love me does not keep my words”
    Lk 6.46
    ” Why do you call me 'Lord,Lord' and do not do what I say?”

beenblake
    Participant

Dear kenrch,

You said, “Jesus doesn't want sacrifice He wants compassion.”

1 Samuel 15:22 (NLT)
    But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Obedience is far better than sacrifice. Listening to him is much better than offering the fat of rams.

Matthew 10:38 (NLT)
    If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.

John 14:15 (NLT)
    “If you love me, obey my commandments.

You said, “Like it or not I'm part of the God family, His brother and God's son.”

I like it. I want you to be a part of God's family. I do not think it's by mistake that you capitalized the word “His” giving diety to Christ. You also said, “His” in reference to God. You do believe Jesus is your God.

Psalms 33:20 (NLT)
    We depend on the LORD alone to save us. Only he can help us, protecting us like a shield

Do you believe that Jesus is your Savior? If you do, then you believe that Jesus is your God. Only God, the LORD, can save people.

John 10:22-38 (NLT)
    22 It was now winter, and Jesus was in Jerusalem at the time of Hanukkah. 23 He was at the Temple, walking through the section known as Solomon's Colonnade. 24 The Jewish leaders surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don't believe me. The proof is what I do in the name of my Father. 26 But you don't believe me because you are not part of my flock. 27 My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. So no one can take them from me. 30 The Father and I are one.” 31 Once again the Jewish leaders picked up stones to kill him. 32 Jesus said, “At my Father's direction I have done many things to help the people. For which one of these good deeds are you killing me?” 33 They replied, “Not for any good work, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, have made yourself God.” 34 Jesus replied, “It is written in your own law that God said to certain leaders of the people, 'I say, you are gods!' F47 35 And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people, who received God's message, were called 'gods,' 36 why do you call it blasphemy when the Holy One who was sent into the world by the Father says, 'I am the Son of God'? 37 Don't believe me unless I carry out my Father's work. 38 But if I do his work, believe in what I have done, even if you don't believe me. Then you will realize that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”

Do you not believe Jesus when He says, “The father and I are one.”

God is one. There is only one God. Jesus and God are one. They are one and the same.

Matthew 1:23 – (KJV)
    Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Jesus is God. That is why they called Him, Emmanuel, which means, “God with us.” God came to earth as Jesus. God was with us.

You said, “Jesus is my Lord.” I say, “Amen!”

If Jesus is your Lord, then you worship Him. Lords and Kings alike are worshipped by thier subjects. You have willingly submitted unto Christ and you worship Him. You should. He is God.

Exodus 34:14 (KJ)
    For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Matthew 4:10 (KJ)
    Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

God wants our worship for Himself. He said, “Do not put any God's before me.” If Jesus is your Lord, then He must also be your God, or else you are breaking the ten commandments.

There is only one God, one Lord, one King, one Messiah, and one Holy Spirit. They are all one.

This is not religion. This is the truth. Jesus is the truth. Only God can be true. Jesus is the life. Only God can give life. Jesus is the way. Only God is the way.

No one can come to the father except through Jesus. Obviously. Jesus is God. If you know Jesus, you know God. If you have seen Jesus, you have seen God. That is what Jesus was trying to say.

When you realize this truth, that Jesus is God, then you realize that He has all the power and authority of the universe. He can do anything. He is God. That is why Jesus says, “You can ask anything in my name and it will be done.” It means, Jesus has the power to save you and renew you.

beenblake
    Participant

Dear kenrch,

You said, “Jesus doesn't want sacrifice He wants compassion.”

1 Samuel 15:22 (NLT)
    But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Obedience is far better than sacrifice. Listening to him is much better than offering the fat of rams.

Matthew 10:38 (NLT)
    If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.

John 14:15 (NLT)
    “If you love me, obey my commandments.

You said, “Like it or not I'm part of the God family, His brother and God's son.”

I like it. I want you to be a part of God's family. I do not think it's by mistake that you capitalized the word “His” giving diety to Christ. You also said, “His” in reference to God. You do believe Jesus is your God.

Psalms 33:20 (NLT)
    We depend on the LORD alone to save us. Only he can help us, protecting us like a shield

Do you believe that Jesus is your Savior? If you do, then you believe that Jesus is your God. Only God, the LORD, can save people.

John 10:22-38 (NLT)
    22 It was now winter, and Jesus was in Jerusalem at the time of Hanukkah. 23 He was at the Temple, walking through the section known as Solomon's Colonnade. 24 The Jewish leaders surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don't believe me. The proof is what I do in the name of my Father. 26 But you don't believe me because you are not part of my flock. 27 My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. So no one can take them from me. 30 The Father and I are one.” 31 Once again the Jewish leaders picked up stones to kill him. 32 Jesus said, “At my Father's direction I have done many things to help the people. For which one of these good deeds are you killing me?” 33 They replied, “Not for any good work, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, have made yourself God.” 34 Jesus replied, “It is written in your own law that God said to certain leaders of the people, 'I say, you are gods!' F47 35 And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people, who received God's message, were called 'gods,' 36 why do you call it blasphemy when the Holy One who was sent into the world by the Father says, 'I am the Son of God'? 37 Don't believe me unless I carry out my Father's work. 38 But if I do his work, believe in what I have done, even if you don't believe me. Then you will realize that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”

Do you not believe Jesus when He says, “The father and I are one.”

God is one. There is only one God. Jesus and God are one. They are one and the same.

Matthew 1:23 – (KJV)
    Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Jesus is God. That is why they called Him, Emmanuel, which means, “God with us.” God came to earth as Jesus. God was with us.

You said, “Jesus is my Lord.” I say, “Amen!”

If Jesus is your Lord, then you worship Him. Lords and Kings alike are worshipped by thier subjects. You have willingly submitted unto Christ and you worship Him. You should. He is God.

Exodus 34:14 (KJ)
    For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Matthew 4:10 (KJ)
    Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

God wants our worship for Himself. He said, “Do not put any God's before me.” If Jesus is your Lord, then He must also be your God, or else you are breaking the ten commandments.

There is only one God, one Lord, one King, one Messiah, and one Holy Spirit. They are all one.

This is not religion. This is the truth. Jesus is the truth. Only God can be true. Jesus is the life. Only God can give life. Jesus is the way. Only God is the way.

No one can come to the father except through Jesus. Obviously. Jesus is God. If you know Jesus, you know God. If you have seen Jesus, you have seen God. That is what Jesus was trying to say.

When you realize this truth, that Jesus is God, then you realize that He has all the power and authority of the universe. He can do anything. He is God. That is why Jesus says, “You can ask anything in my name and it will be done.” It means, Jesus has the power to save you and renew you.

beenblake
    Participant

Dear Nick,

You said, “So should we listen to you or scripture on matters that are literally life and death?”

No, you shouldn't. You should listen to Jesus, Himself. You should pray to Jesus. You should believe in Him.

You said, “1Jn 42
    ” By this you know the Spirit of God;every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God”

Your “gospel ” does not say this but that God came.So you are not teaching in the Spirit of God.”

I did say that Jesus came in the flesh. If you read my post again, it says that Jesus called himself the son of man, which means that he came in the flesh.

You said, We were never under the Law so we do not need to be set free from it. Instead scripture says that we will perish apart from the Law unless we are born into Christ. We are gentiles and the Law was given to the Israelites.

Romans 2:12-15 (NLT)
    12 God will punish the Gentiles when they sin, even though they never had God's written law. And he will punish the Jews when they sin, for they do have the law. 13 For it is not merely knowing the law that brings God's approval. Those who obey the law will be declared right in God's sight. 14 Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. 15 They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right.

Romans 3:19-20
    19 Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses and to bring the entire world into judgment before God. 20 For no one can ever be made right in God's sight by doing what his law commands. For the more we know God's law, the clearer it becomes that we aren't obeying it. 21 But now God has shown us a different way of being right in his sight – not by obeying the law but by the way promised in the Scriptures long ago. 22 We are made right in God's sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. 23 For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard. 24 Yet now God in his gracious kindness declares us not guilty. He has done this through Christ Jesus, who has freed us by taking away our sins. 25 For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God's anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us. God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times. 26 And he is entirely fair and just in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus. 27 Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on our good deeds. It is based on our faith. 28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law. 29 After all, God is not the God of the Jews only, is he? Isn't he also the God of the Gentiles? Of course he is. 30 There is only one God, and there is only one way of being accepted by him. He makes people right with himself only by faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles

You are bound to the law just as the Jews. God will judge you just the same. The entire world will be judged by God on the basis of the law. God may not have given the gentiles the law, however, He still judges the gentiles in accord to the law. Therefore, even the gentiles are bound by the law.

Galatians 5:1 (NLT)
    So Christ has really set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

You are right in saying that we must be born again, as Jesus said in John 3:3. What do you think it means to be born again?

Also, what do you think about this scripture:

Romans 10:9 (NLT)
    For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (beenblake @ Oct. 28 2005,02:23)
    Dear Nick,

The Pharisees sentenced Jesus to be killed on the verdict of blasphemy. Blasphemy is to declare that you are God. It is the worst of all sins.

In those days, the Pharisees knew there was only one God. Only God would and could save Israel. Only God was the King of Israel. Only God had the power to forgive sins. Only God was master of the law, for the law was God's law. Only God had the power to command demons. Not even Michael, the top angel, can command demons. Michael must fight against them. God, however, can control them.

So, when Jesus performed miracles, cast out demons, forgave sins, and saved people, He was showing people that He was God. When Jesus called Himself the Messiah and the son of God, the people back then knew what He meant. He was saying, “I am God.”

Jesus also called Himself, the “son of man.” You must understand what these two terms mean. To be a “son of man” means that you are born of a man. It means that you have a flesh. Jesus was a man. He has flesh and bones. To be a “son of God” means that you have the Spirit of God. It means you are “of God.” Jesus had the Spirit of God. Lastly, to say you are the Messiah, means that you are a Savior and King. It means you have all the power, authority, and goodness to be King, God, and Lord.

The Pharisees knew there is only one God. There can be no more than one. If Jesus has all the power and authority of God, then He is God. If you say that Jesus is not God, then what you are saying is that there is actually two Gods, one is Jesus and the other is the Father.

There is one God. He is Jesus. There is one Lord, one King, one God. He is Jesus. He rules over everything.

Here are some scriptures that coincide with what I am saying:

Matthew 9:1-3 (NLT)
    1 Jesus climbed into a boat and went back across the lake to his own town. 2 Some people brought to him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “Take heart, son! Your sins are forgiven.” 3 “Blasphemy! This man talks like he is God!” some of the teachers of religious law said among themselves.

Luke 5:20-21 (NLT)
    20 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 21 “Who does this man think he is?” the Pharisees and teachers of religious law said to each other. “This is blasphemy! Who but God can forgive sins?”

John 10:32-33 (NLT)
    32 Jesus said, “At my Father's direction I have done many things to help the people. For which one of these good deeds are you killing me?” 33 They replied, “Not for any good work, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, have made yourself God.”

Mark 14:63-65 (NLT)
    63 Then the high priest tore his clothing to show his horror and said, “Why do we need other witnesses? 64 You have all heard his blasphemy. What is your verdict?” And they all condemned him to death. 65 Then some of them began to spit at him, and they blindfolded him and hit his face with their fists. “Who hit you that time, you prophet?” they jeered. And even the guards were hitting him as they led him away.

Matthew 12:8 (NLT)
    “For I, the Son of Man, am master even of the Sabbath.”

Lastly, the Pharisees did not believe Jesus was God. They wanted proof. They wanted Jesus to prove He was God. So, they tested Him. They hit Him, beat Him, knocked Him down, and crucified Him. While Jesus was hanging on the cross, the Pharisees waited for Jesus to prove Himself. However, Jesus knew He was God. He had nothing to prove. He let Himself be killed so that we could all be forgiven.

Mark 15:29-32 (NLT)
    29 And the people passing by shouted abuse, shaking their heads in mockery. “Ha! Look at you now!” they yelled at him. “You can destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days, can you? 30 Well then, save yourself and come down from the cross!” 31 The leading priests and teachers of religious law also mocked Jesus. “He saved others,” they scoffed, “but he can't save himself! 32 Let this Messiah, this king of Israel, come down from the cross so we can see it and believe him!”

Hi beenblake,
    It is the Pharisees who made the false accusation that Jesus Christ was claiming to be God. He did not blaspheme. He also made no such claims. Their father he identified as the Father of lies.The accusation was false but you support their view?

He said instead he was the Son of God and I agree with him.

He was given ALL authority by the Father. That included the authority to forgive sin and power over demons. So that does not prove he is the Father does it? Was God the Father of Jesus Christ or not? He said he was the Son of that God, who he said was his God too.

I prefer to believe him and am surprised you hold his own words in such distain.

“To be the messiah, means you are a saviour and king. It means you have all the power, authority and goodness to be King, God, and Lord”…. fine sounding words but empty ones and not supported by scripture. Who gives you all that authority?

God did not come in the flesh. Remember, He sent his only begotten Son.

Your doctrines are weak, wishy washy and humanistic in my view. Please read the bible. The truth is to be found there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (beenblake @ Oct. 28 2005,04:41)
    Dear Nick,

You said, “So should we listen to you or scripture on matters that are literally life and death?”

No, you shouldn't. You should listen to Jesus, Himself. You should pray to Jesus. You should believe in Him.

You said, “1Jn 42

Your “gospel ” does not say this but that God came.So you are not teaching in the Spirit of God.”

I did say that Jesus came in the flesh. If you read my post again, it says that Jesus called himself the son of man, which means that he came in the flesh.

You said, We were never under the Law so we do not need to be set free from it. Instead scripture says that we will perish apart from the Law unless we are born into Christ. We are gentiles and the Law was given to the Israelites.

Romans 2:12-15 (NLT)
    12 God will punish the Gentiles when they sin, even though they never had God's written law. And he will punish the Jews when they sin, for they do have the law. 13 For it is not merely knowing the law that brings God's approval. Those who obey the law will be declared right in God's sight. 14 Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. 15 They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right.

Romans 3:19-20
    19 Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses and to bring the entire world into judgment before God. 20 For no one can ever be made right in God's sight by doing what his law commands. For the more we know God's law, the clearer it becomes that we aren't obeying it. 21 But now God has shown us a different way of being right in his sight – not by obeying the law but by the way promised in the Scriptures long ago. 22 We are made right in God's sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. 23 For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard. 24 Yet now God in his gracious kindness declares us not guilty. He has done this through Christ Jesus, who has freed us by taking away our sins. 25 For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God's anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us. God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times. 26 And he is entirely fair and just in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus. 27 Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on our good deeds. It is based on our faith. 28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law. 29 After all, God is not the God of the Jews only, is he? Isn't he also the God of the Gentiles? Of course he is. 30 There is only one God, and there is only one way of being accepted by him. He makes people right with himself only by faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles

You are bound to the law just as the Jews. God will judge you just the same. The entire world will be judged by God on the basis of the law. God may not have given the gentiles the law, however, He still judges the gentiles in accord to the law. Therefore, even the gentiles are bound by the law.

Galatians 5:1 (NLT)
    So Christ has really set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

You are right in saying that we must be born again, as Jesus said in John 3:3. What do you think it means to be born again?

Also, what do you think about this scripture:

Romans 10:9 (NLT)
    For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Hi beenblake,
    So all will be judged by the Law? Can you show me in the scriptures about judgement where this is said?
    Jesus came in the flesh. So he was the same Jesus before he came as after. He was not the God of the Israelites but the Son of that God.
    Ps 2.7
    ” HE said to ME
    'YOU are MY SON, Today I have begotten YOU.
    Ask of Me amd I will surely give YOU the nations for an inheritance…
    Do worship to the LORD with reverence, do homage to the SON..”
    There are two here. Father and Son. The FATHER has begotten the SON.

You must be born again of water and the Holy Spirit. As Peter said you must repent and be baptised for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Read the context of the quote in Romans 10.9 and you will see that those conditions only apply AFTER the changes in the Sun and Moon at the time of the tribulation.

NickHassan
    Participant

ps
    Rom 3.19
    ” Now we know that whatever the Law says ,IT SPEAKS TO THOSE WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW”
    Rom 2.11f
    ” For there is no partiality with God. For all who have sinned WITHOUT THE LAW will also perish without the Law, and ALL WHO HAVE SINNED UNDER THE LAW WILL BE JUDGED BY THE LAW;”
    Seems plain.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Mediators mediate. They bring two sides together and make peace. So there are three involved. Two sides with unresolved disagreements and a mediator between them.

Mediators are used in all sorts of disputes. But how fair would it be if you turned up to meet with your opponent and a mediator and you found your opponent WAS your mediator? How just would that be?

No Jesus Christ, the Son of Man mediates with His Father God for us men.

Peacemakers are different. They do not necessarily bring two warring sides together.They are not mediators.

Anonymous

Genesis 1:26 (Amplified Bible)
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

26God said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.

Anonymous

Do you guy prefer an exacto knife or plain scissors when you come across the Three Persons of the Godhead, when you read bibles?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (soxan @ Oct. 28 2005,09:38)
    Genesis 1:26 (Amplified Bible)
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

26God said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.

Hi ,
    God created all things through his Son. That does not make the Son part of any trinity does it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (soxan @ Oct. 28 2005,09:41)
    Do you guy prefer an exacto knife or plain  scissors  when you come across the Three Persons of the Godhead, when you read bibles?

Hi soxan,
    Where is trinity written in the bible?
    There are many beings spoken of in the bible but nowhere does it say there is for us more than one God, or more that One person in God.
    “Godhead” does not mean trinity. It is in KJV only and refers to the Divine nature of the Father.
    Show me where Jesus or his disciples and prophets told us to worship anyone other than God, who he said was the God of the Jews and his God.
    Show me where the Holy Spirit is on a throne in heaven and where we are told to worship the Spirit [of God].
    Show me where Jesus spoke of a trinity. He claimed to be one with the Father-but that unity is not in being or that statement makes no inherent sense.
    Show me where he said to promote theories about God that are not written in the bible as equivalent to his teachings.

We are goldmining and searching for the gleam of beauty in scripture. Unfortunately your stretch of water has been salted with trinity, which is false gold.

liljon
    Participant

the trinity is in the bible. but people refuse to believe it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    I have looked and can't find the word anywhere. Do you have to read between the lines?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,681 through 2,700 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account