The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,641 through 2,660 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,17:08)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 22 2005,08:55)

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,08:09)
    It's like this God is the Father and Son in one Spirit.  We to (at least should be one in spirit) one with the same spirit, that's what makes us brethern “for there are many breathern as Paul said co-heirs with Christ.  The reason we are co-heirs with Jesus is because we are born spiritiualy that which is born ofthe flesh (before we accepted the Holy Spirit) and that which is spirit is spirit thus the term Born again:)

Hi k,
    You must be born again of water and the Spirit.
    To be one in spirit is what the Father and the Son were with the son totally submitted to the will of the Father.
    But he was also baptised in the Spirit of the Father and he allowed the Spirit of God to rule in him.
    Gal5.23
    'If we live by the Spirit let us also walk by the Spirit”

Jesus was the fulness of God in flesh.  Jesus while in flesh had His Spirit the Holy Spirit.  When we were born we were born under the sin of Adam having the spirit of Satan.  Jesus paid our debt (bought us back) so if we WANTED we could recieve the same Holy Spirit as He.
    Adam was not born under sin, he accepted sin and Satan's way of living and left us with a perverted spirit with which God could not communicate with.  I think you know the rest; born again=receiving a new Spirit the Holy Spirit.
    1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

If the Holy Spirit dwells in you,the same Spirit Jesus had while on earth, You will be resurrected.  NOTICE NOT YOUR SPIRIT but the same spirit that dwells in the Father and the Son.
    Your original spirit should be dead.  Replaced by the Holy Spirit.

Hi k,
    When men die their spirit does not die but it returns to God who gave it. Eccles 12.7

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,08:01)
    Thats what I say its been ge seems forever but at least I know they are people out there with truth.  To answer your statement??  Yes when we recieve the spirit then we do not think in the flesh anymore, we are then born of the Spirit and of course no one could enter heaven if he doesn't have the HOLY SPIRIT :)

Hi k,
    You must make the choice to abide in the Word and live by the Spirit even after you are born again. Otherwise Romans, which like all of Paul's letters was written to the saved, would not say in Ch 8v13f
    ” for if you are living according to the flesh you must die;but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God”
    By the way does scripture say we go to heaven?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,07:46)

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,07:42)
    Oh, hi Nick I was about to call it a night, but if you want to chat thats fine it's not often I find true chriatians.  Yes I certainly do worship in Spirit and truth and I love every minute of it!  Why do you ask, you should know that I do!

Yes Jesus gave up His Spirit and DIED. When you die you will give up the Spirit etc. But I still would like to know Why can't we blaspheme the Holy Spirit and not be forgiven. :)

Hi k,
    Jesus was a man like to you and I. He was own body and soul and spirit just as we are. He was filled with the Holy Spirit just as we can be. He died just as we can die. When he died his spirit went back to God just as ours does. But The Spirit of God did not leave him and raised him up again. So it also is with us. We follow him.

kenrch
    Participant

Rom 8.16
    “The Spirit himself agrees with our spirit that we are children of God..”
    The Spirit (God) himself agrees with our decesion to be children of God. You do have a choice. Once we accept the Holy Spirit we have to decrece and let the Holy Spiit increace Joh 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
    Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.rit increase. :)
    You see Nick scripture answers scripture. 2 Peter 1:20

david
    Participant

Just wondering: Kenrch twice referred to “the Jehovah’s.” I take it he meant the “Jehovah’s Witnesses.” This would be like saying “the Christ’s” in referring to Christ’s followers. We are not the Jehovah’s. I am not Jehovah. We’re not a bunch of Jehovah’s. The grammar is wrong. I believe it became popular by some to call us that because we talked about Jehovah so much. (ie: We witnesses about Jehovah so much). It also seems to be used primarily in a derogatory way, as though mocking Jehovah himself.
    Like Kenrch, I am surprised that there are others out there (other than the Witnesses) who don’t believe in the trinity.

David

kenrch
    Participant

When we give our life to Christ, then gradually transform to the Image of Christ. Rom. 8:29-30

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 22 2005,19:50)
    Just wondering: Kenrch twice referred to “the Jehovah’s.”  I take it he meant the “Jehovah’s Witnesses.”  This would be like saying “the Christ’s” in referring to Christ’s followers.  We are not the Jehovah’s.  I am not Jehovah.  We’re not a bunch of Jehovah’s.  The grammar is wrong.  I believe it became popular by some to call us that because we talked about Jehovah so much. (ie: We witnesses about Jehovah so much).  It also seems to be used primarily in a derogatory way, as though mocking Jehovah himself.
    Like Kenrch, I am surprised that there are others out there (other than the Witnesses) who don’t believe in the trinity.

David

Hi, David the truth is the truth. God has no denomination !
    Truth is everyone starts with the truth and then get comfortable. Then they just accept any thing their leader hands them. Some of it is rooted so deep that its hard to dig up.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,19:46)
    Rom 8.16
    “The Spirit himself agrees with our spirit that we are children of God..”
    The Spirit (God) himself agrees with our decesion to be children of God.  You do have a choice.  Once we accept the Holy Spirit we have to decrece and let the Holy Spiit increace Joh 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease.
    Joh 3:31  He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.rit increase.  :)
    You see Nick scripture answers scripture. 2 Peter 1:20

Hi k,
    In context it speaks of the Spirit with in us agreeing with our own spirit.
    ” v15
    ” For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out
    'Abba! Father!'The Spirit himself agrees with our spirit that we are children of God..”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,20:00)

Quote (david @ Oct. 22 2005,19:50)
    Just wondering: Kenrch twice referred to “the Jehovah’s.”  I take it he meant the “Jehovah’s Witnesses.”  This would be like saying “the Christ’s” in referring to Christ’s followers.  We are not the Jehovah’s.  I am not Jehovah.  We’re not a bunch of Jehovah’s.  The grammar is wrong.  I believe it became popular by some to call us that because we talked about Jehovah so much. (ie: We witnesses about Jehovah so much).  It also seems to be used primarily in a derogatory way, as though mocking Jehovah himself.

David

Hi, David the truth is the truth.  God has no denomination !
    Truth is everyone starts with the truth and then get comfortable.  Then they just accept any thing their leader hands them.  Some of it is rooted so deep that its hard to dig up.
    :)

Hi k,
    That is why we need to be reborn, taught by the Spirit and abide in the Word.

kenrch
    Participant

Yes! The spirit agrees with our spirit that we are the children of God. But we have to decrease and let Jesus increase. Joh 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

kenrch
    Participant

If one is increaseing then the other has to decrease until the one increaseing over comes the one that's decreaseing.:)

david
    Participant

Jesus Christ said: “Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.” (Matthew 12:31) So, then, blasphemy against God’s holy spirit, or active force, will not be forgiven.
    The apostle Paul alluded to such sin when he wrote: “It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, . . . but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame.”—Hebrews 6:4-6.

Only God knows if a person has committed the unforgivable sin. However, Paul shed light on this matter when he wrote: “If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment.” (Hebrews 10:26, 27)
    A willful person acts deliberately, or is “obstinately and often perversely self-willed.” (Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary) Anyone willfully and obstinately continuing to practice sin after he knows the truth is not forgiven. Hence, it is not so much the sin itself as it is the heart condition, the degree of willfulness involved, that affects whether the sin is forgivable or not. On the other hand, what is likely the case when an erring Christian is deeply disturbed about his wrongdoing? His great concern probably indicates that he has not, in fact, committed an unforgivable sin.

kenrch
    Participant

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God
    Carnally minded, before we recieved Jesus. The carnal mind MUST decrease and Jesus must INCREASE, see:;):

david
    Participant

Jesus Christ said: “Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.” (Matthew 12:31) So, then, blasphemy against God’s holy spirit, or active force, will not be forgiven.
    The apostle Paul alluded to such sin when he wrote: “It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, . . . but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame.”—Hebrews 6:4-6.

Only God knows if a person has committed the unforgivable sin. However, Paul shed light on this matter when he wrote: “If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment.” (Hebrews 10:26, 27)
    A willful person acts deliberately, or is “obstinately and often perversely self-willed.” (Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary) Anyone willfully and obstinately continuing to practice sin after he knows the truth is not forgiven. Hence, it is not so much the sin itself as it is the heart condition, the degree of willfulness involved, that affects whether the sin is forgivable or not. On the other hand, what is likely the case when an erring Christian is deeply disturbed about his wrongdoing? His great concern probably indicates that he has not, in fact, committed an unforgivable sin.

david
    Participant

This topic has slowly shifted away from the trinity topic, hasn't it?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 22 2005,20:25)

That's alright Ive been there. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi k,
    The Spirit is not divided. The same Spirit that comes from God and filled Jesus and can fill us is one. So when it speaks of “our spirit”, it means what it says-our spirit- and does not mean the Holy Spirit which is never ours but belongs to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,20:27)

Quote (david @ Oct. 22 2005,20:25)

That's alright Ive been there. :)

I quite agree david. It was important to follow through at the time but should shift to a Holy Spirit and a salvation forum.
    Trinity is a dead issue that belongs to intellectuals and theologians.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,20:23)
    Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God
    Carnally minded, before we recieved Jesus.  The carnal mind MUST decrease and Jesus must INCREASE, see:;):

Hi k,
    We do not receive Jesus to be saved. Neither do we receive the mind of Christ until we are saved. Perhaps these issues too should be debated in a salvation forum.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 22 2005,20:24)

The Hol Spirit is the Spirit of God and Jesus. The Holy Spirit is power also. If you were to build a house, first you would think or use your spirit as to how you wanted the house to look. So it is with God's Spirit. God thought about what He wanted then brought it to pass. The Spirit was hovering or God was THINKING of what He wanted to do, then spoke it into existence. To bad we can't do that “YET” !

So one who goes against the plan of God to redeem mankind is blasphemeing the Holy Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,641 through 2,660 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account