The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,621 through 2,640 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Then do you agree that God is 2 persons with one Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,06:39)
    Hi Nick,
    The word poured is an analogy:  Which would mean given, as the Jehovah's would say how can you pour out a person.  So God gave His Spirit, which gave them the ability to communicate with Him.  This is how we communicate with Him through the Spirit.  Right?

Hi ,
    God is not like us. He can fill His creation with His Spirit and it is His intent to do so. His Spirit is never separate from Him and he pours it out but loses nothing in doing so.
    Acts 2.17
    ” …I will pour forth oif My Spirit on all mankind..”
    Gen 1.2
    ” …the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters..”
    Acts 17.24f
    ” the God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made from human hands, nor is he served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things…that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each of us, for in Him we live and move and exist..”

kenrch
    Participant

We are created in His image. We are the children of God. The Question was Why can't we blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

kenrch
    Participant

You know what Nick why don't we pray about it. I think it's James 1:5 If we ask for wisdom He will give it to us. I'm som glad to find brothers and I hope sisters who know that God is NOT a trinity!:D :) :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,07:05)
    Then do you agree that God is 2 persons with one Spirit?

Hi k,
    Not quite. Jesus was born of Mary and had his own spirit. He was only filled with the Spirit of God at his baptism, the beginning of his ministry.
    Lk 23.46
    ” … ' Father into Thy hands I commit my spirit.' Having said this he breathed his last..”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,06:06)

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,06:02)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 22 2005,05:51)
    Hi k,
    Jn 5.19f
    “…the Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things He himself is doing; and the Father will show him greater works than these so that you will marvel”

So there are two. Father and Son.

The Father loves the Son.
    The Father teaches the Son.
    The Son watches and listens to his Father and learns from Him.
    The Father is doing His works.
    The Son obeys the instructions of the Father.
    The Son needs the power of the Father to do these works too.
    That power is the Spirit of God in him.

Jn 5 30, 8.28
    ” I can do nothing on my own initiative”.

The Son can do nothing by his own power.
    The Son copies the Father.
    The Son knows the future .
    He knows more marvellous things will be shown to him.

I'm not saying that the Father is not greater than the Son.  The Son agrees with the Father we agree with the Son which makes us children of God and brothers of Christ. :)

How can I say I agree unless by the spirit.  How can I worship unless by the Spirit?

Hi k,
    Do you worship in spirit and in truth? It is such worshippers the Father seeks.

kenrch
    Participant

Good night all and once again thank you for serching the truth. You can't find the truth without the Spirit :)

kenrch
    Participant

Oh, hi Nick I was about to call it a night, but if you want to chat thats fine it's not often I find true chriatians. Yes I certainly do worship in Spirit and truth and I love every minute of it! Why do you ask, you should know that I do!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,07:12)
    We are created in His image.  We are the children of God.  The Question was Why can't we blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Hi k,
    Adam was a son of God and as sons of Adam we are too. But we must be born again to enter the kingdom of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,07:42)
    Oh, hi Nick I was about to call it a night, but if you want to chat thats fine it's not often I find true chriatians.  Yes I certainly do worship in Spirit and truth and I love every minute of it!  Why do you ask, you should know that I do!

Hi k,
    I do not presume anything about anyone as there is a lot of deception and false teaching out there. But it is great to really commune in the Spirit when it does occasionally happen.

kenrch
    Participant

Oh, hi Nick I was about to call it a night, but if you want to chat thats fine it's not often I find true chriatians.  Yes I certainly do worship in Spirit and truth and I love every minute of it!  Why do you ask, you should know that I do!

Yes Jesus gave up His Spirit and DIED. When you die you will give up the Spirit etc. But I still would like to know Why can't we blaspheme the Holy Spirit and not be forgiven. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Thats what I say its been ge seems forever but at least I know they are people out there with truth. To answer your statement?? Yes when we recieve the spirit then we do not think in the flesh anymore, we are then born of the Spirit and of course no one could enter heaven if he doesn't have the HOLY SPIRIT :)

kenrch
    Participant

It's like this God is the Father and Son in one Spirit. We to (at least should be one in spirit) one with the same spirit, that's what makes us brethern “for there are many breathern as Paul said co-heirs with Christ. The reason we are co-heirs with Jesus is because we are born spiritiualy that which is born ofthe flesh (before we accepted the Holy Spirit) and that which is spirit is spirit thus the term Born again:)

kenrch
    Participant

Good night Nick! I loved (at last) chatting with a true brother. You know Paul's writings are hard to understand 2 Peter 3:15-17 :) No one knows everything yet!:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,07:46)

Yes Jesus gave up His Spirit and DIED. When you die you will give up the Spirit etc. But I still would like to know Why can't we blaspheme the Holy Spirit and not be forgiven. :)

Hi,
    Not quite the same. Your spirit goes back to God, but the Spirit of God remains with us to resurrect us.
    Rom 8 11
    ” But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you , He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Sprit who dwells in you.”
    Still working on the other question May take a while. Perhaps others can give a view?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,08:09)
    It's like this God is the Father and Son in one Spirit.  We to (at least should be one in spirit) one with the same spirit, that's what makes us brethern “for there are many breathern as Paul said co-heirs with Christ.  The reason we are co-heirs with Jesus is because we are born spiritiualy that which is born ofthe flesh (before we accepted the Holy Spirit) and that which is spirit is spirit thus the term Born again:)

Hi k,
    You must be born again of water and the Spirit.
    To be one in spirit is what the Father and the Son were with the son totally submitted to the will of the Father.
    But he was also baptised in the Spirit of the Father and he allowed the Spirit of God to rule in him.
    Gal5.23
    'If we live by the Spirit let us also walk by the Spirit”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 22 2005,08:55)

It's like this God is the Father and Son in one Spirit.  We to (at least should be one in spirit) one with the same spirit, that's what makes us brethern “for there are many breathern as Paul said co-heirs with Christ.  The reason we are co-heirs with Jesus is because we are born spiritiualy that which is born ofthe flesh (before we accepted the Holy Spirit) and that which is spirit is spirit thus the term Born again:)

Hi k,
    To be one in spirit is what the Father and the Son were with the son totally submitted to the will of the Father.
    But he was also baptised in the Spirit of the Father and he allowed the Spirit of God to rule in him.
    Gal5.23

Jesus was the fulness of God in flesh. Jesus while in flesh had His Spirit the Holy Spirit. When we were born we were born under the sin of Adam having the spirit of Satan. Jesus paid our debt (bought us back) so if we WANTED we could recieve the same Holy Spirit as He.
    Adam was not born under sin, he accepted sin and Satan's way of living and left us with a perverted spirit with which God could not communicate with. I think you know the rest; born again=receiving a new Spirit the Holy Spirit.
    1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

If the Holy Spirit dwells in you,the same Spirit Jesus had while on earth, You will be resurrected. NOTICE NOT YOUR SPIRIT but the same spirit that dwells in the Father and the Son.
    Your original spirit should be dead. Replaced by the Holy Spirit.

kenrch
    Participant

Hi k,
    Gal5.23

Jesus had no need of baptism! Baptism are for sinners, Jesus was born without sin.
    Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
    Mat 3:14 But John would have hindered him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
    Mat 3:15 But Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffereth him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,17:08)

Hi k,
    Gal5.23

Jesus was the fulness of God in flesh.  Jesus while in flesh had His Spirit the Holy Spirit.  When we were born we were born under the sin of Adam having the spirit of Satan.  Jesus paid our debt (bought us back) so if we WANTED we could recieve the same Holy Spirit as He.
    Adam was not born under sin, he accepted sin and Satan's way of living and left us with a perverted spirit with which God could not communicate with.  I think you know the rest; born again=receiving a new Spirit the Holy Spirit.
    1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

If the Holy Spirit dwells in you,the same Spirit Jesus had while on earth, You will be resurrected.  NOTICE NOT YOUR SPIRIT but the same spirit that dwells in the Father and the Son.
    Your original spirit should be dead.  Replaced by the Holy Spirit.

Hi k,
    So Jesus was not like us in every way but sin?
    So we cannot follow him?
    So he always had the advantage over us?
    So he did not need to learn anything?
    So he was filled with the Spirit of God from conception?
    So he was filled with God's power from birth?
    So when he was baptised and the Spirit rested on him that was just for show?
    So the flesh of Jesus was just a cover for God?
    So we all have the spirit of Satan?
    So all we have to do is want the Spirit?
    So being born of water means nothing?

Sorry but your doctrine does not agree with scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,17:25)

Hi k,
    Gal5.23

Jesus had no need of baptism!  Baptism are for sinners, Jesus was born without sin.
    Mat 3:13  Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
    Mat 3:14  But John would have hindered him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
    Mat 3:15  But Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffereth him.

Hi k,
    Quite so. But he submitted to it to fulfill all righteousness and so that we had a path we could follow. We too need to take the advice of Peter
    ” Repent, and each of you be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself”
    We must be known of Jesus Christ. We must be born again of water and the Spirit. We must be baptised into his death to be reconciled with God and then the Spirit can be poured into a clean vessel.
    If our spirit dies when we are born again of the Spirit of God then how do you read this verse?
    Rom 8.16
    “The Spirit himself agrees with our spirit that we are children of God..”

Viewing 20 posts - 2,621 through 2,640 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account