The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,601 through 2,620 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    It has nothing much to do with the Name used. More the pragmatic aspects of relating to men. If you expect to be rejected you may be but perhaps the approach used was unfortunate and led to the rejection and not the message itself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 27 2005,20:52)
    Just wondering what the main Bibles used in New Zealand are?
    OK, Elijah's from Kentucky.  You (and t8?) are from New Zealand, right?
    Where's Brandon from?
    OneSpirit?
    Is 1:18?
    I'm not sure you completly understand my “accepted task,” but I assure you that using Jehovah's name is not a hindrance to it.
    If you're asking me to stop discussing the “We must use the Hebrew pronunciation of God's name” theory with Elijah, I completly agree.  I really don't want to discuss that anymore.  I have never said we must use the term “Jehovah” in referring to God.  I have only stressed the importance of using his name and tried to show that we don't know how his name was pronounced in Hebrew.  

david

Hi david,
    t8 and Is1.18 and myself are NZers. The most popular bibles atr present here sadly are NIV and KJV. I dislike them both overall though sometimes they too can be helpful. I prefer NASB but use many.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Romans 15.15f
    “But I have written very boldly to you on some points, so as to remind you again, because of the grace that was given to me fom God to be a minister in Chris Jesus to the gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, that my offering of the gentiles might become acceptable, sanctifed by the Holy Spirit. Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God. For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me resulting in the obedience of the gentiles by word and deed, in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ”

So who is God? God is not a trinity but the Father.
    Who does the gospel belong to and originate from? God
    What is the gospel of? Christ Jesus.
    What is the place of Paul? In Christ Jesus.
    What is the power given Paul? The grace of God in the Spirit as an apostle.
    What is the evidence of the work of God in Paul? the response of the gentiles to the message.
    What is the evidence of that response? Obedience to God and signs and wonders.

Ditch the false god trinity. It has no place in following the ways of our God.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI,
    2Tim 2.23
    “But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels”

Trinity is not revealed.
    It is speculation.

Anonymous

David said;I have only stressed the importance of using his name and tried to show that we don't know how his name was pronounced in Hebrew.

Yes David you are right anyone who says otherwise is misinformed and should research this matter a bit more from an authority on this matter. The Rabbis of old were very careful in this regard, and we should heed thier wisdom. Its not a little matter to invoke Gods name.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quite so,
    They were terrified even to approach the mountain in the time of Moses. We could learn from their fear of God and not apply imaginary titles such as trinity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    This subject has always been the most popular on the site and i was amazed to see it drop to page 6 of the biblical forums recently. Please feel free to contribute.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Welcome. That is a new one question we have not heard before
    ” Isn't trinity two persons sharing one spirit?”
    No not according to Trinitarians. They teach the Spirit is a separate third person.The whole theory did start as a binity along similar lines to what you suggest but it grew to three, showing by it's unstable nature it is not truth. Truth does not change or develop. Trinity is not a teaching of Jesus Christ or the apostles or the Old Testament but an intellectual derivation from the minds of unspiritual men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi k,
    Jn 5.19f
    “…the Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things He himself is doing; and the Father will show him greater works than these so that you will marvel”

So there are two. Father and Son.

The Father loves the Son.
    The Father teaches the Son.
    The Son watches and listens to his Father and learns from Him.
    The Father is doing His works.
    The Son obeys the instructions of the Father.
    The Son needs the power of the Father to do these works too.
    That power is the Spirit of God in him.

Jn 5 30, 8.28
    ” I can do nothing on my own initiative”.

The Son can do nothing by his own power.
    The Son copies the Father.
    The Son knows the future .
    He knows more marvellous things will be shown to him.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 22 2005,05:38)
    Hi kenrch,
    Welcome. That is a new one question we have not heard before
    ” Isn't trinity two persons sharing one spirit?”
    No not according to Trinitarians. They teach the Spirit is a separate third person.The whole theory did start as a binity along similar lines to what you suggest but it grew to three, showing by it's unstable nature it is not truth. Truth does not change or develop. Trinity is not a teaching of Jesus Christ or the apostles or the Old Testament but an intellectual derivation from the minds of unspiritual men.

Who did Jesus pray to when He prayed to the Father? If you and I thought alike would we be one spiritually? How are we to be one if not in spirit?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 22 2005,05:51)
    Hi k,
    Jn 5.19f
    “…the Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things He himself is doing; and the Father will show him greater works than these so that you will marvel”

Jn 5 30, 8.28

I'm not saying that the Father is not greater than the Son. The Son agrees with the Father we agree with the Son which makes us children of God and brothers of Christ. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,06:02)

Hi k,
    Jn 5.19f

Jn 5 30, 8.28

I'm not saying that the Father is not greater than the Son.  The Son agrees with the Father we agree with the Son which makes us children of God and brothers of Christ. :)

How can I say I agree unless by the spirit. How can I worship unless by the Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi k,
    Jn 5.19f

Jn 5 30, 8.28

I'm not saying that the Father is not greater than the Son.  The Son agrees with the Father we agree with the Son which makes us children of God and brothers of Christ. :)

Hi k,
    We follow the Son into his death and resurrection[Rom 6]. Indeed then we are sons of God and brothers of Jesus.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,06:06)

Hi k,
    Jn 5.19f

Jn 5 30, 8.28

How can I say I agree unless by the spirit.  How can I worship unless by the Spirit?

The Jehovahs have ir right the Spirit is not a separate person But the Spirit is more than the power of God. The Spirit is the sum of the Father and Son. The Spirit is GOD! Right? :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 22 2005,06:15)

Hi k,
    Jn 5.19f

Jn 5 30, 8.28

Hi k,
    We follow the Son into his death and resurrection[Rom 6]. Indeed then we are sons of God and brothers of Jesus.

Thats a BIG Amen! I'm so glad that I found this forum. Do you think it was by accident?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi k,
    God is spirit. God is in heaven. God poured His Spirit out to anoint the prophets and anointed Jesus with the fullness of His deity thus revealing Himself to men in all His dimensions.

kenrch
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    The word poured is an analogy: Which would mean given, as the Jehovah's would say how can you pour out a person. So God gave His Spirit, which gave them the ability to communicate with Him. This is how we communicate with Him through the Spirit. Right?

kenrch
    Participant

Behold where there are two or more gathered in my Name, I will be in there midst. Who is in our midst is it not the Holy Spirit. Right?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Oct. 22 2005,06:44)
    Behold where there are two or more gathered in my Name, I will be in there midst.  Who is in our midst is it not the Holy Spirit.  Right?

Ok, one last thing then I won't bother anyone. Blaspheme against the Father is forgiven, Blaspheme against the Son is forgiven, BUT blaspheme against the Spirit is not forgiven. Why?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes the Spirit of Christ which is of the Spirit of God. Thus Jesus says.”My Father and I will come to you”

Viewing 20 posts - 2,601 through 2,620 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account