The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,501 through 2,520 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi d,
    Certainly if you knew nothing about God and someone gave you a bible I doubt if you would ever conclude God was a trinity no matter what names are used. You have to follow human theologians “logic”to find this teaching.
    In so doing you must say that Jesus is not truly the Son of God but still part of a trinity God and so deny the Master.
    What a tragedy that doctrinal falsehood has become orthodoxy. What hope is there for the ignorant masses meekly following their false teachers?
    Still even if YHWH was used where it was meant as a descriptive name for the Father there are many devoted to trying to prove that YHWH is the name of Jesus too.They too deny the Master.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Certainly it would help if they read YHWH instead of LORD, because many confuse Jesus being Lord with YHWH.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Rom 15.17f
    ” Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God. For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the gentiles in word and deed, in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit”
    All aspects of salvation are matters relating to God and our relationship with him. Paul is reborn into Christ Jesus and Christ lives in his human vessel doing the works of power by the Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Acts 2.22f
    ” Men of Israel, listen to these words:Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know-“
    Acts 10.38f
    ” You know Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and with power and how he went about doing good, and healing those who were oppressed by the devil; for God was with him”

So Jesus was not that God or still part of that God.
    He was anointed by that God with God's Spirit.
    God attested to him by signs and wonders.
    God was with him.
    God performed these works through him.

david
    Participant

“Jehovah is God.” (Ps 100:3)

I recently found a sheet I made up a long time ago while going through the Bible with a bunch of scriptures on it

Expressions we find in the Bible:

Jehovah God–50 times
    the [true] God Jehovah–4 times
    Jehovah their God–39 times
    Jehovah the [true] God–8 times.
    Jehovah is in truth God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–1 time
    Jehovah is my God–1 time
    Jehovah is our God–1 time
    Jehovah your God–455 times
    Jehovah our God–105 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah the God of–204 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time

How abundantly clear who God is.

LITERALLY A THOUSAND TIMES WE ARE TOLD THAT JEHOVAH IS GOD.

Where does the Bible say the holy spirit is God?

Jesus is called: “Mighty God” in the book of Isaiah.
    But Jehovah is referred to as “ALMIGHTY GOD”
    The expression “almighty” APPEARS 48 TIMES WITH REFERENCE TO JEHOVAH.

And yes, there's that one other scripture John 1:1 which people can argue both ways.
    You would think if Jesus were God, it would have been made a little more clear.

A THOUSAND TIMES.

david

Cubes
    Participant

Good post, David.
    It is the evidence that I see also which everyone, including Jesus himself, testify to in the Bible. There is no Trinitarian case to be made. The case should be closed already. I believe that it has been done on this website as far as I am concerned.

liljon
    Participant

t8 Jesus is lord (YHWH) Romans 10, 1peter 2:3-8
    David YHWh is Mighty God Isaiah 10:21

david
    Participant

Interesting, liljohn, you're right. Jehovah is referred to as Mighty God, and indeed the expression fits.

However, isn't it also interesting that:

The Hebrew word Shad·dai´ and the Greek word Pan·to·kra´tor are both translated “Almighty.” Both original-language words are repeatedly applied to Jehovah, the Father. (Ex. 6:3; Rev. 19:6)

Neither expression is ever applied to either the Son or the holy spirit.

Similarly, the expression: “most high” is used in reference to Jehovah 50 times.

One example:
    PSALM 83:18
    “That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.”

liljohn, Does it strike you as odd that Jesus or the holy spirit aren't referred to as “most high” ever? Yet Jehovah is referred to as “most high” 50 times in the Bible.

david
    Participant

KIND OF A SIDE QUESTION, a question I've been wondering about for a while now.

Very few people on the earth don't believe in the trinity. This makes me wonder if anyone here is associated with a certain group.

The Bible shows that Jehovah has always guided his servants in an organized way. For example, men of faith such as Abraham led their families and servants in worshiping Jehovah. Jehovah made known his will for Abraham by speaking with him. (Genesis 12:1) And God instructed him to pass this information on to others, saying: “I have become acquainted with [Abraham] in order that he may command his sons and his household after him so that they shall keep Jehovah’s way.” (Genesis 18:19) Here was an orderly arrangement for a group of people to worship Jehovah properly.

Later, when the Israelites increased in numbers and became millions, Jehovah did not let each one worship in his own way, separate from any organized arrangement. No, the Israelites were formed into a nation of organized worshipers. The nation of Israel was called “Jehovah’s congregation.” (Numbers 20:4; 1 Chronicles 28:8) If you were a true worshiper of Jehovah back then, you had to be part of that congregation of worshipers, not separate from it.—Psalm 147:19, 20.

PSALM 144:15
    “Happy is the people whose God is Jehovah!”

1 CORINTHIANS 14:33
    “For God is [a God], not of disorder, but of peace. As in all the congregations of the holy ones,”

How can you follow the scripture below if you're not part of an organized religion?
    HEBREWS 10:24-25
    “And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near.”

Jesus commanded his followers to engage in a worldwide preaching work.
    “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations…” (Mat 28:19,20)
    How could they carry this out if not organized?

SO MY QUESTION TO YOU, THE ADMINISTRATORS, and anyone on here really, is are you a part of some organization, as scripture indicates you would have to be?

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes,
    We are all members of the church which is the body of Christ on earth.

We do not belong to or preach any denomination.
    We are signposts pointing to the source of truth-the bible.
    We oppose false religion, false teachers and false teaching.

We show the salvation brought by Jesus Christ and encourage all men to be born again of water and the Spirit.

Thus we serve the Master.

david
    Participant

But are you organized?
    Do you go to meetings?

If I wanted to go to meetings, and “not forsake the gathering of ourselves together, AS SOME HAVE THE CUSTOM,” where would you point me?

david
    Participant

You say you oppose false religion.
    Then point me to the true.

david
    Participant

Can you point me towards the true religion.

david
    Participant

sorry about those last three Nick. I only wanted to say it once, but it wasn't showing up.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Limited fellowship is better than false fellowship. It matters who we break bread with. We are acknowledging they are one with Christ and we are one with them and would die for them as Christ did for us. But few are established on the right foundation and you can only have true fellowship in Christ with those who are. I never am closed to finding true fellowship though but know it will not be in the whore of babylon or her children.
    The blind man who was healed by Jesus and cast out of the synagogue was not left alone. Jesus went back later to him and introduced himself to him.
    What about you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 01 2005,02:42)
    Then point me to the true.

Hi,
    James 1.27
    ” This is pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father, to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world”

david
    Participant

Almost 4,400 years ago, a catastrophic flood struck the entire earth. Such an event could not easily be forgotten, and peoples the world over have stories about it in their early history. Although differing in details, these stories have much in common, including the fact that only a few humans and some animals survived.

Were the Flood survivors simply individuals fortunate enough to have randomly escaped destruction? The Bible account shows that this was not the case. Significantly, God did not inform each individual about the coming Flood. Rather, he told Noah, who in turn warned his contemporaries of the approaching Deluge.—Genesis 6:13-16; 2 Peter 2:5.

Survival depended on being part of this close-knit group and on being willing to accept God’s direction given to Noah. Even the animals in the ark that survived the Flood did not do so apart from this group. Precise instructions were given to Noah to make appropriate provisions for the preservation of animal life.—Genesis 6:17–7:8.

Centuries later, descendants of Noah through his son Shem came into bondage in Egypt. Yet, God’s purpose was to free them and bring them to the land that he had promised their forefather Abraham. Once again, this was not revealed to each individual but was first revealed to those chosen to be their leaders—Moses and his brother, Aaron. (Exodus 3:7-10; 4:27-31) After the former slaves were delivered as a group from Egypt, they were given God’s Law at Mount Sinai and formed into the nation of Israel.—Exodus 19:1-6.

Deliverance was possible for individual Israelites only because they were associated with a divinely established group and followed the direction of this group’s appointed leaders. Provisions were even made for individual Egyptians to associate with this group that obviously had divine approval. When the Israelites left Egypt, these individuals went with them, thus putting themselves in line for God’s blessing.—Exodus 12:37, 38.

Then, in the first century, Jesus began his preaching activity, gathering people together as his disciples. He dealt with them as a group, though he also directed loving attention to individuals according to their needs. To the 11 faithful apostles, Jesus said: “You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom.” (Luke 22:28, 29) Later, God’s holy spirit came upon the disciples when they were together as a group.—Acts 2:1-4.

These examples clearly show that in the past God has always dealt with his people as an organized group. The few individuals with whom God had dealings personally—Noah, Moses, Jesus, and others—were, in fact, used by Him to communicate with a closely associated group. There is no reason to believe that God deals any differently with his servants today.

david
    Participant

Believe me, I know the Babylonian world's religions are false. I know you must be no part of the world, and separate ourselves from the weeds. But wouldn't the wheat of Jesus' illustration be organized?
    How many people worldwide do you think there are that you could break bread with, call a brother?

NickHassan
    Participant

So david,
    Who are members of Christ's Body to you?
    Is it better, or easier, to follow men than the Word?
    Will there be faith on earth when Christ returns?
    Will many be raptured?
    Will many escape retribution?

“The road is narrow and few will choose it.”
    “God know those who are his”

david
    Participant

Love for God and love for neighbor, the two greatest commandments. On those, the whole law hangs.

If you love your neighbor, you will try to warn them, to warn them that judgement is coming, to warn them that what they believe may not be true and to bring them good news, the best news possible.

I know this forum is one way to do that. What of those that don't have the internet. I've only had it for 5 months.
    How will you make sure everyone has the chance to hear the good news? Something this important. Shouldn't it be…organized?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,501 through 2,520 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account