The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Quote (liljon @ July 01 2005,17:22)
    Son is called YHWH and so is the Spirit. How hard is it to except scriptural truth.

Real hard it appears.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    Thank you for filling these pages with beautiful scriptures. It is like having a barrowload of flowers delivered to the front door every morning. Their fragrance fills the house with glory.
    No matter that you do this to try to prove what is not possible.

Anonymous

Thank you for the kindness.

YHWH is God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit:

Romans 15:5 – May the God of steadfastness and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,

Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

1 Thessalonians 3:12 – and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all men, as we do to you,

1 Thessalonians 5:23 – May the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:5 – May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 – Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways. The Lord be with you all.

2 Timothy 1:18 – may the Lord grant him to find mercy from the Lord on that Day–and you well know all the service he rendered at Ephesus.

Hebrews 13:20 – Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant,

Anonymous

Quote (Guest @ July 01 2005,17:33)
    I'll try and make this as simple as possible:

Exodus 20: 2 I am the LORD (YHWH) thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Genesis 1: 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 5:2 – Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Hebrews 1:8 – But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God (Jesus), is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Zechariah 12:10 – And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me (YHWH) whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Isaiah 9:6 – For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Matthew 1:23 – Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Revelations 1: 4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21:22 – And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Revelations 22: 1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

John 14:1 – Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 5:18 – Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.  

Philippians 2:6 – who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Isaiah 42:8 – I am the LORD, that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to graven images.

Ezekiel 39:21 – “And I will set my glory among the nations; and all the nations shall see my judgment which I have executed, and my hand which I have laid on them.

I trust in all scripture – not a man's interpretation who ran from the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    Your version of truth has a momentum of it's own. You have to run to keep up with it's evolution since trinity theory was first espoused long after the master and his disciples left us with the true foundation for faith.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2005,20:07)
    Hi FYI,
    Your version of truth has a momentum of it's own. You have to run to keep up with it's evolution since trinity theory was first espoused long after the master and his disciples left us with the true founadtion for faith.

Nick,

Thank you for your opinion of truth.

Like I said, I will trust in SCRIPTURE – not in your interpretation of history – nor anyone else's interpretation of history.

My faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ – Son of the Living God. I have the Seal of Redemption – the Holy Spirit of Promise.

In case you cannot count, that's three, yet one spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 01 2005,19:25)
    Thank you for the kindness.

YHWH is God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit:

Romans 15:5 – May the God of steadfastness and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,  

Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.  

1 Thessalonians 3:12 – and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all men, as we do to you,  

1 Thessalonians 5:23 – May the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  

2 Thessalonians 3:5 – May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.  

2 Thessalonians 3:16 – Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways. The Lord be with you all.  

2 Timothy 1:18 – may the Lord grant him to find mercy from the Lord on that Day–and you well know all the service he rendered at Ephesus.  

Hebrews 13:20 – Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant,

I see FYI,
    Having been showing us your evidence for a binity you now return to your roots and declare it is a trinity after all. Your path seems unusually convoluted if it is showing us the truth.

Why not serve the real Master and not your theological masters?

Anonymous

Nick,

I have no intention of serving any other than God my saviour and the Lord Jesus Christ my saviour.

I see you don't change – you still try to degrade others by putting words in their mouth, I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Do you really think others don't notice it?

Are you not aware of the liberal biased media who can take any story and “spin it” to fit any point of view they wish?

So it is with the history of the early chuch fathers.

The disciples KNEW that LORD (YHWH) in the OT was translated Kurios in the LXX, They knew they were calling Christ YHWH.

Anonymous

Study on Joel:

http://www.carm.org/jw/nameofLord.htm

Joel 2:32 it says, “…whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD [YHWH] shall be delivered…” This Greek translation in the LXX is “hos an epikalesatai to onoma kuriou,” literally, “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord.”

Anonymous

Kurios and Phill. 2:8

8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

http://www.thebereans.net/add-lord.shtml

“The word “Lord” does not only mean “Master” because it was translated from the Greek word kurios/kyrios which literally means “YHWH”. If you will study the New Testament history, you will understand that most of the Old Testament quotations cited by the apostles during their time including Jesus Himself came from the Septuagint (LXX), a Greek translation of the Old Testament (e.g., Acts 1:20; 2:17-21; 25-28; 34-35; Rom. 3:10-18) And this doctrine about Jesus being God is true when we read the apostle Paul quoting from the Septuagint translation of Isaiah 45:23,

“That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear”
    and applying it to Jesus in Phil. 2:10,11 (NIV)

“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow… and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord [Gk. kurios, YHWH], to the glory of God the Father.” “

Anonymous

YHWH:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/yhwh-lord.htm

“Jacob had known God as El Shaddai (“the Almighty,” , KJV), proving His power, but not in redemption as such.”

Notice Jesus is called th Almighty:

Revelation 1:8 – “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Anonymous

KJV:

Revelation 1:8 – I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Anonymous

Hebrew Roots Version (from the Syriac

http://reluctant-messenger.com/God-in-flesh.htm

http://www.nazarene.net/hrv/

http://www.bible-researcher.com/syriac-isbe.html

4. Syriac New Testament
    Of the New Testament, attempts at translation must have been made very early, and among the ancient versions of New Testament Scripture the Syriac in all likelihood is the earliest. It was at Antioch, the capital of Syria, that the disciples of Christ were first called Christians, and it seemed natural that the first translation of the Christian Scriptures should have been made there. The tendency of recent research, however, goes to show that Edessa, the literary capital, was more likely the place.

If we could accept the somewhat obscure statement of Eusebius (Historia Ecclesiastica, IV, xxii) that Hegesippus “made some quotations from the Gospel according to the Hebrews and from the Syriac Gospel,” we should have a reference to a Syriac New Testament as early as 160-80 AD, the time of that Hebrew Christian writer. One thing is certain, that the earliest New Testament of the Syriac church lacked not only the Antilegomena–2 Peter, 2 and 3 John, Jude, and Revelation–but the whole of the Catholic Epistles and the Apocalypse. These were at a later date translated and received into the Syriac Canon of the New Testament, but the quotations of the early Syrian Fathers take no notice of these New Testament books.

From the 5th century, however, the Peshitta containing both Old Testament and New Testament has been used in its present form only as the national version of the Syriac Scriptures. The translation of the New Testament is careful, faithful and literal, and the simplicity, directness and transparency of the style are admired by all Syriac scholars and have earned for it the title of “Queen of the versions.”

Philippians 2
    5 And think in your nefeshot that which also Yeshua the Messiah [thought],
    6 Who as he was in the likeness of Eloah did not consider it presumptuous to be an equal of Eloah?
    7 But he emptied his nefesh, and took on the likeness of a servant, and was in the likeness of the sons of men and was found in fashion like a son of man.
    8 And he humbled his nefesh and became obedient unto death, even the death of the gallows.
    9 Because of this, Eloah also highly exalted him, and gave him a name which is greater than all names,
    1O That at the name of Yeshua every knee will bow that is in heaven and on earth and that is under the earth,
    11 And every tongue will confess that Yeshua the Messiah is YHWH, to the glory of Eloah his Father. HRV

Anonymous

*bump*

NickHassan
    Participant

FYI,
    I know you are convinced on this matter but it is not true.

God is Yahweh
    Jesus Christ is the Son of Yahweh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    Scripture says that Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Can one person of your trinity be filled with another?

If Jesus and the Father are both Yahweh God how can they be as one filled with a third person? Where is the equality here?

Was God filled with God's Spirit?

Was the Holy Spirit filled too with the Holy Spirit?

Anonymous

Nick,

Every knee will bow and confess Jesus Christ is YHWH to the glory of God the Father – that is the context of Phil 2:6-8 and the OT scriptures quoted.

Here's more:

http://reluctant-messenger.com/God-in-flesh.htm
    http://www.hebraicrootsversion.com/
    http://www.bible-researcher.com/syriac-isbe.html

1 Corinthians 12
    3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. KJV

1 Corinthians 12
    3 Because of this, I make known to you that there is no one by the spirit of Eloah and says that Yeshua is accursed. And neither is a man able to say that YHWH is Yeshua except by Ruach HaKodesh. HRV

—————————-

Romans 14 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
    9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
    10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
    11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
    12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
    13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
    14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. KJV

From the Aramaic a much broader understanding of Lord is revealed.

Romans 14
    8 Because if we live, we live to our Adon and if we die, we die to our Adon. And whether we live therefore or whether we die, we belong to our Adon.
    9 Because of this also the Messiah died and is alive and is raised that he might be YHWH to the dead and to the living. 1O Now why do you judge your brother? Or why also do you treat your brother with contempt? For all of us will stand before the bema of the Messiah.
    11 As it is written, I live, says YHWH. Every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess me.
    12 Therefore every man from us will give an account for his nefesh to Eloah.
    13 Therefore let us not judge one another, but rather determine this: that you will not place a stumbling stone before your brother.
    14 For I know and am persuaded by YHWH Yeshua that there is not a thing that is defiled from itself. But to him who thinks concerning a thing that it is unclean, to him alone it is unclean. HRV

Anonymous

First I want to thnak you for this discussion….. the Lord has been nudging me about this topic which means He wants to show me truth.

I have what may seem like a stupid question but one that is so important to me.

I have always felt led to worship directly to God and have felt a bit strange that all our worship and singing is usually directed at Jesus instead of the Father.

I have excepted Jesus as the Son of God and my Lord and Savior but must I worship to Him? Why cant I pray and worship the Father?
    Abraham was friends with God and he sinned and Moses was not perfect but was friends with God.

Any input would be great ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cf,
    Scripture says 'Worship God”[rev 22.9]
    Jesus is not that God. He was with that God, his God , in the beginning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cf,
    Youcannot see the kingdom until you are reborn.

You are not saved by “accepting Jesus as Lord”. That is false teaching.

Repent, believe and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ and you will receive the gift of the Spirit.

There are forums about this.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account