The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 29 2005,20:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2005,20:04)

Quote (Guest @ June 29 2005,13:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2005,10:52)
    Hi FYI,
    “The rib that was taken from Adam was representative of Christ[the Word of God] being taken from within the Father”

Nick,

You totally do NOT get it:

Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Genesis 3:20 – And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Adam called his wife Eve, God called them “Adam”

So also YHWH and the Word of YHWH are called YHWH!

Hi FYI,
    God is Yahweh
    Yeshua is his Son

Why would the Son be called by the descriptive name of His Father?

Why not look at the rest of the post-you seem to have missed it.

Nick,

The Word of God became a son at His incarnation.  None of the disciples called Him a Son prior to that.  If that were the case then John 1 and 1 John 1 would read MUCH differently.

I hacve previously posted all this info on the previous page.

Hi FYI,
    What does “only begotten Son” mean to you?

You say the son was begotten “from” the Father. In what way is he then still of “one substance” with the Father?

How can he be “with” the Father if he is Yahweh or part of Yahweh. With does not mean “part of” but “alongside”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 29 2005,21:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2005,21:00)
    Hi FYI,
    The role of mediation of Abraham was only to give the Israelites the Law and not to work in the reverse direction for man. That is why is says that

“a mediator is not for one party only”

That is the point made here. God is one and that one party only was involved in that mediation process obtaining peace with God because conscience had become corrupt as a guide for men
    Now we have a different mediator in Christ who truly can and does represent both parties. This now is true dialogue with God made possible by Christ, the Son of that God.

Nick,

No, not for the giving of the law – you misread the verse

“17 This is what I mean: the law, which came four hundred and thirty years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18 For if the inheritance is by the law, it is no longer by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise. 19 Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made

Hi FYI,
    Read my post again. The mediator first spoken of is Abraham who represented God [who is one-YHWH] only in mediation but brought the Law to men..

The second and real mediator who represents both sides is the “offspring” or “seed” Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 29 2005,13:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2005,10:52)
    Hi FYI,
    “The rib that was taken from Adam was representative of Christ[the Word of God] being taken from within the Father”

Nick,

You totally do NOT get it:

Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Genesis 3:20 – And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Adam called his wife Eve, God called them “Adam”

So also YHWH and the Word of YHWH are called YHWH!

Hi FYI,
    Gen 5.2
    ” He created them male and female and he blessed them and named them MAN in the day when they were created”

You go to great lengths to try to show both The Father and the Son are called Yahweh. You are wrong but even if you were right what would that change? Would the Son no longer be a Son and the Father no longer be the Father?

Would it change the nature of either?No.
    Would it show God is biune or triune? No.

Then what is the point?

It is a distortion of  the truth. So desist lest you upset the God you say you know so much about but do not even understand who He is.

Anonymous

Nick,

Wow, what a change in subject, your all over the place. You obviously still have issues you have not worked out on your knees.

The Word of God was “brought forth from” or “taken out of” God by God.

Just as the woman was taken out of man.

The “woman” and the “man” God called “Adam” for they are one (echad)!

The Word of God and God, from whence He was taken, are called YHWH, for they are one (echad)!

That is precisely why this statement is true:

Isaiah 45:21 – Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God; 3 all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it….

…14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.

Thus endeth the lessons.

NickHassan
    Participant

No For Your Information[is that what it means?],
    You do not have a teaching role here so your lessons belong only to your followers.

Your “knowledge” is seriously lacking in the basics. God is God and Jesus Christ is the Son of that God.

I would hope the Master was as pleased with you as you are with yourself in these matters.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 30 2005,19:06)

The Word of God and God, from whence He was taken, are called YHWH, for they are one (echad)!

Adam & Eve = Man (mankind in nature)
    God & Logos = (divine in nature)

Adam & Eve ≠ Adam
    God (YHWH) & Word ≠ God/YHWH

Psalm 2:7
    “I will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.”

Anonymous

After reading the arguments I agree with FYI. There is a dual nature of Christ and He is one with the Father as has been shown.

T8's scripture is acurate but so is this,

Hebrews 1:8 – But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Nick and T8 are telling a half truth, half the story.

I'm with FYI and the others before him, and I'll leave this forum and the false teachings of it's leaders.

Anonymous

Quote (Guest @ June 30 2005,11:07)
    After reading the arguments I agree with FYI.  There is a dual nature of Christ and He is one with the Father as has been shown.

T8's scripture is acurate but so is this,

Hebrews 1:8 – But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Nick and T8 are telling a half truth, half the story.

I'm with FYI and the others before him, and I'll leave this forum and the false teachings of it's leaders.

Guest,

You are correct!

Phil 2:6-8 is Paul explaining the dual nature of our Lord and Saviour.  The argument all along has been that Christ was not of the exact “substance” or “form” (Gr. morphe) of God.  However scripture proves otherwise.  Not only that, but the identifying scriptures where John explains the anger of the Jews by saying that Christ's claim to be the Son of God is a statement of “equality” with God is also true as are the “I AM” statements:

John 5:18 – Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:58 – Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Also, his “sonship” is a product of His taking on a human body:

Hebrews 10:5 – Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Luke 1:35 – And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Christ was and still is the Word of God:

John 1: –  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

And when it is all over, He still occupies the throne as He did from the beginning with God, but now He is not just the Word of God, He is also the Man Jesus Christ – the Son of the Living God by physical birth in a human body – the Lamb of God that took away our sins.

Revelation 22:1 – And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. 6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. 7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Colossians 2:14 – Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Yes I am oughta here, and do pray for all you here that the Lord on High would grant you eyes to see and a pure heart of meekness and humility to receive the engrafted word that can save your souls.

James 1:21 – Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

John 9:41 – Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 30 2005,00:06)
    Nick,

Wow, what a change in subject, your all over the place.  You obviously still have issues you have not worked out on your knees.

That is precisely why this statement is true:

Isaiah 45:21 – Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God; 3 all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it….

…14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.

Thus endeth the lessons.

Hi FYI,

The following scriptures would rightly interpret the scriptures that you cited regarding Galatians 3:15-20 and also what you said about Adam and Eve.

Also I am not sure what you intended by application of Is 45:21: Do you suggest that YHWH was formed? Or that the WORD was formed? Either is anti-trinitarian in thought, isn't it? Trinity states that the persons while being altogether one being, are also distinct persons. You shall need to demonstrate that Is 45:21 is speaking about TWO distinct persons in order to establish that the TWO have become one there. Please stick to the Trinity rules throughout to advance your argument.

At that time, we shall then interpret and qualify your response with 1 Corinthians 11:3 anyway, which states that everyone has a head, except God who is above all. Since Christ Jesus is ONE in all of his glory and splendor, past present and future… that includes him too.

Take care

1Cr 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
    7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times HE might gather together in one all things in Christ, *both which are in heaven and which are on earth–in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

——–

1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not [a mediator] of one, but God is one.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2005,22:24)

Quote (Guest @ June 29 2005,21:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2005,21:00)
    Hi FYI,
    The role of mediation of Abraham was only to give the Israelites the Law and not to work in the reverse direction for man. That is why is says that

“a mediator is not for one party only”

That is the point made here. God is one and that one party only was involved in that mediation process obtaining peace with God because conscience had become corrupt as a guide for men
    Now we have a different mediator in Christ who truly can and does represent both parties. This now is true dialogue with God made possible by Christ, the Son of that God.

Nick,

No, not for the giving of the law – you misread the verse

“17 This is what I mean: the law, which came four hundred and thirty years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18 For if the inheritance is by the law, it is no longer by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise. 19 Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made

Hi FYI,
    Read my post again. The mediator first spoken of is Abraham who represented God [who is one-YHWH] only in mediation but brought the Law to men..

The second and real mediator who represents both sides is the “offspring” or “seed” Jesus Christ.

Gal 3: 16-20

1) Abraham didn't bring the law to man, Moses did.
    2) The two parties are the one making the promise (God the Father) and the one to whom the promise is made (The Word of God – future Christ)
    3) The mediator is the one who received the promise from the Angel – Abraham
    4) The last verse says that they, God and Christ, are one party – YHWH

Do not take scripture out of context.

This does not negate the Fact that Christ is the mediator between God the Father and man – He is.

You need to study “kenosis” – You will have a hard time understanding the price that was paid and what the Word of God “emptied himself of” to take on flesh and become forever a man and our mediator.

That in no way changes the fact that He forever is the Word of God.

Cubes:

The woman formed from Adams rib is fully human! Yet relationally she is subject to the man from whence she came.

God called “them” Adam Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Women still take the name of their husband for this very reason.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 30 2005,12:12)
    Phil 2:6-8 is Paul explaining the dual nature of our Lord and Saviour. The argument all along has been that Christ was not of the exact “substance” or “form” (Gr. morphe) of God. However scripture proves otherwise. Not only that, but the identifying scriptures where John explains the anger of the Jews by saying that Christ's claim to be the Son of God is a statement of “equality” with God is also true as are the “I AM” statements:

John 5:18 – Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:58 – Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Hi FYI

I think you are mixing “…exact substance” with “form” of God”

The scriptures you show do not demonstrate that anyone was thinking he is or claimed to be the “exact substance.” The apostles didn't say he is the exact substance, or the unbelieving Jews. They accused him of making himself equal with God by claiming to be the son of God. So then, to the extent that anyone relates to their parents, to the extent that we too have become the children of God though Christ and the adoption by the Spirit of God, that is the equality they resented.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And who justifies God [YHWH], if Christ is that God rather than one who is his express image, embodying the brightness of his glory? Who is the “spare” God besides YHWH who can do that if they are ONE being?

So if scripture interprets scripture, then 2 Ti 3:5,16 says to me that we can have the form and reflect godliness/ christlikeness [or deny the reality of it in spite of the form] and though I doubt that makes us the same substance as God, it certainly reconciles us to God through Christ so that we can all be ONE in God.

You will need to find a scripture that rightly interprets the claim that you make concerning Phil 2:6 because it is not reflected or substantiated elsewhere to my knowledge, which I admit to be limited. Paul's other writings do not substantiate the understanding you imply as far as I know.

Anonymous

Cubes,

Gen 1: 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

The two parties are God the Father talking to the Pre-incarnate Christ, The Word of God.

John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.. …14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Colossians 1:16 – For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4:11 – Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Ephesians 3:9 – And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

The creation of man is detailed to show us the relationship between God the Father and Christ. The sequence of events are critical. It was no accident that Adam was created a single individual first, then the woman taken from him.

Gen 1: 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his
    own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created he them.

Gen. 2: 21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Man was formed first as an individual to represent the absolute singleness of God the Father prior to Christ's being “brought forth”.

The rib taken from within Adam was representative of Christ (the Word Of God) being taken from within God the Father.

As the man was first and preceded woman, so God the Father was first and preceded Christ, the Word of God.

As woman is subject to man having been brought forth from him, so Christ is subject to the Father having been brought forth from Him.

The man and the woman are “one” flesh, she being from within and of his substance, so also the Father and Christ are “one” spirit substance, Christ having been brought forth from within and of the Father's substance.

Christ is the glory of the Father just as the woman is the glory of the man.

John 1: 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Corinthians 11:7 – For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

We are “promised” to Christ as one to be wed.

We are joined to Christ and espoused to Him, thus we become members of His body, just as Christ is of God.

We are “in the Father” by being joined to Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:2 – For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    You have yet to clarify how the Word is “taken from” God and yet remains of one substance with God from Whom he was taken. Smoke and mirrors cannot hide the separation thereby shown that you then claim never existed?
    Man and woman are not one. They “become one” according to scripture.
    To become one with another you must first be separate as two.

NickHassan
    Participant

ps Likewise we are not naturally one with Christ in God but must BECOME ONE by being born again into Christ who is in God.
    If Man represents the singleness of God what does the taking of a different form from man and then uniting them represent?

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2005,18:53)
    ps Likewise we are not naturally one with Christ in God but must BECOME ONE by being born again into Christ who is in God.
    If Man represents the singleness of God what does the taking of a different form from man and then uniting them represent?

Man in his creation – not man in general

Man was made like God is

Man is not God Nick, whay do you say man is God?

Anonymous

Genesis 2:23 – And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Just as man and woman are one (echad) flesh

So God and the Word of God are one (echad) spirit

Nick, if you don't like God's word take it up with Him

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 30 2005,17:30)
    1)  Abraham didn't bring the law to man, Moses did.
    2)  The two parties are the one making the promise (God the Father) and the one to whom the promise is made (The Word of God – future Christ)
    3)  The mediator is the one who received the promise from the Angel – Abraham
    4)  The last verse says that they, God and Christ, are one party – YHWH

Do not take scripture out of context.

This does not negate the Fact that Christ is the mediator between God the Father and man – He is.

You need to study “kenosis” – You will have a hard time understanding the price that was paid and what the Word of God “emptied himself of” to take on flesh and become forever a man and our mediator.

That in no way changes the fact that He forever is the Word of God.

Cubes:

The woman formed from Adams rib is fully human!  Yet relationally she is subject to the man from whence she came.

God called “them” Adam Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Women still take the name of their husband for this very reason.

Hi FYI:

1. Yes, Moses was the mediator b/n Israel and God concerning the Law.

2. Concerning the promise, The two sides involved in the agreement were:
    a) God who made the promise of the Spirit through faith.
    b) Abraham and His SEED to whom the promise was made…that through them, the heathens shall be blessed.

• Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed.
  • Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

How?

Through Christ, His SEED. So the blessing and promise of being justified by faith unto eternal life comes through Abraham and subsequently through Christ, His SEED.

3. Abraham did not mediate as the promise was yet to be fulfilled, which in due course, was fulfilled in Christ, his SEED. Thus the promise was true of him but fully manifested in Jesus through whom we are justified by faith. Jesus ministers the Spirit unto us, contrary to the mediator Moses who ministered the law.

4. Do you mean vs 19? How do you make that conclusion? Offspring/Seed is not referring to YHWH.

And I agree that both Adam and Eve are human… but for God's own reasons, he decided that Adam being before Eve, should be the head. What is more, we do not know the process by which God begat the son or how his Word relates to him exactly. All that we know is that all things derive from GOD.

I think that we can use Adam and Eve to define what is intended by two being one, at which point we have to acknowledge the leadership in that unity… but we cannot use Adam and Eve to define the nature of God and therefore of Christ. The Church is One Body as Christ, but is not Adam and Eve, or the tribes that comprise of Israel. These are different bodies with different purposes although ideally, all should in their different order still function as one in Christ without losing their individuality. I think that is the beauty of it.

And it may be that under a microscope powerful enough, we might find that all matter derives from God and has a commonality in substance. But now we jump into the field of science to which others are called. One such person is Gerald Schroeder whose quote follows, along with a link. He shares some interesting information for the lay person. I cannot say I have read all his work and cannot validate it, but it is interesting, regardless of our theological positions.

A single consciousness, a universal wisdom, pervades the universe. And more than that. The discoveries of science, those that search the quantum nature of subatomic matter, have moved us to the brink of a startling realization: all existence is the expression of this wisdom. In the laboratories we experience it as information that first physically articulated as energy and then condensed into the form of matter. Every particle, every being, from atom to human, appears to represent a level of information, of wisdom. The puzzle we will confront in this book as we study the behavior of the atomic building blocks of all matter and then the functioning of biological cells is from where does this information arise? There is no hint of it in the laws of nature that govern the interactions among the basic particles that comprise all matter. It just appears as a given, with no causal agent evident, as if it is an intrinsic facet of nature.

http://www.geraldschroeder.com/new.html

Anonymous

Cubes,

You go ahead and reason away scripture however you like.

Jesus said before Abraham was “I AM”. The learned Jews understood and sought to kill him.

Jesus said His hand and the hand of the Father were the same.

Paul says they are equal and the same substance in Phill 2:6-8.

The Jews sought to kill Christ 'cause He said He was the Son of God.

John said that Christ calling Himself the “Son of God” was making Himself “equal” to God the Father.

Jesus said “if you've seen me you've seen my Father” – I've just given you scripture that proves His substance is that of God the Father.

John said of Christ pre-incarnate that He was the Word of God that was with God and WAS God.

All will stand before the judgement seat of Christ and answer to God,

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

I dust off my feet. I have been obedient to the Holy Spirit.

Be well, Good Bye.

NickHassan
Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 30 2005,18:55)

Man in his creation – not man in general

Man was made like God is

Man is not God Nick, whay do you say man is God?

Hi FYI,
We are not God. God is the head of Christ and Christ is the head of His Body on earth. Do you agree with this?

Read the post again.

We fulfill the prayer of unity in Christ in God of Jn 17.21f.

“that they may be one ; even as You, Father, are IN me and I IN you. that they may also be in US, so that the world may believe that You sent me. The glory that I have given to them thet they may be one, just as WE are one; I in them and You in me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent me, and loved them, even as you have loved me”
So it is written:`
Coll3.3
” For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God”

NickHassan
Participant

Hi FYI,
The unity expressed between God and Christ is a unity of two -otherwise the words “we” and “us” would not be used would they?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account