The spirit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

The spirit in scripture is described as a MIND, let this mind be in you as was in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Spirit relates to GOD himself “FOR GOD is a SPIRIT”  also if the “SPIRIT” that was (IN) the anointed Jesus be in You (IT) will quicken you mortal, bodies.

For the SPIRIT Earnestly desires Us.  You can see it's a relationship by this , it's as if GOD wants a relationship with us much like a man and a women have a relationship with each other an eminent relationship.

God  who is Spirit, considers us as temples He can indwell and live in.

Spirit is expressed through WORDS. Jesus said the words I am telling you (ARE) Spirit and Life. You see words express Spirit that is in the person,  It is His thinking His intellect, so a man thinks so he is. That is why we can know the Spirit in a person by His words because the proceed from His thinking which shows his intellect or Spirit same thing.

The  (HOLY) Spirit also defends Us and accuse us where? in our minds it corrects our thinking and gives us a higher Intellect , It reveals to us the MIND or thinking of GOD. In this way we are being (CREATED) unto good works, it all starts in the MIND by the HOLY INTELLECT or SPIRIT of GOD coming into us.

Spirit in any form is not matter it is (Thought) “I (think) therefore I AM”>   When a man or women dies their thoughts Parish they no longer have Spirit in them and therefore can  not think. They cease to exist, and will remain that way for ever unless GOD brings them Back to Life again.  

Job 32:8….> there is a (spirit) or Intellect in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty gives them understanding.  

Job 33:4 The Spirit of GOD has made me, and the breath of the Almighty (divine Intellect) has given me life.

JOB 34:14…> If He set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself His Spirit and His Breath; (ALL) flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

Our life NOW and in the FUTURE is IN the HANDS OF GOD. IMO

peace and love to you all…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The cry of a lonely owl pleading for the acceptance of his own dogmas?
    Spirit gives life.

You should not add to what is written should you?

Intellect never appears in scripture but it has become your obsession.

Do you have special gnostic inspiration?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….And you appear as one who can't put scripture together and make sense out of them. YOU still don't understand what a (WORD) is do you.> I gave what i think now Please tell us what you think SPIRIT is then, O Wise ONE, IF you Can.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    We do not need to paste verses together to find truth by filtration through your thoughts.
    Truth is written and supported .jn17

Not3in1
    Participant

Gene,

Here's a thought, if a person becomes brain-dead because of an accident – is their spirit dead also? Or is the spirit still alive but no longer has a mouthpiece to express itself from? Just trying to see your side of things.

I love owls. :;):

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 27 2009,07:58)
    The spirit in scripture is described as a MIND, let this mind be in you as was in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Spirit relates to GOD himself “FOR GOD is a SPIRIT”  also if the “SPIRIT” that was (IN) the anointed Jesus be in You (IT) will quicken you mortal, bodies.

For the SPIRIT Earnestly desires Us.  You can see it's a relationship by this , it's as if GOD wants a relationship with us much like a man and a women have a relationship with each other an eminent relationship.

Spirit is expressed through WORDS. Jesus said the words I am telling you (ARE) Spirit and Life. You see words express Spirit that is in the person,  It is His thinking His intellect, so a man thinks so he is. That is why we can know the Spirit in a person by His words because the proceed from His thinking which shows his intellect or Spirit same thing.

The  (HOLY) Spirit also defends Us and accuse us where? in our minds it corrects our thinking and gives us a higher Intellect , It reveals to us the MIND or thinking of GOD. In this way we are being (CREATED) unto good works, it all starts in the MIND by the HOLY INTELLECT or SPIRIT of GOD coming into us.

Spirit in any form is not matter it is (Thought) “I (think) therefore I AM”>   When a man or women dies their thoughts Parish they no longer have Spirit in them and therefore can  not think. They cease to exist, and will remain that way for ever unless GOD brings them Back to Life again.  

Job 32:8….> there is a (spirit) or Intellect in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty gives them understanding.  

Job 33:4 The Spirit of GOD has made me, and the breath of the Almighty (divine Intellect) has given me life.

JOB 34:14…> If He set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself His Spirit and His Breath; (ALL) flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

Our life NOW and in the FUTURE is IN the HANDS OF GOD.  IMO

Gnosticism

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 26 2009,22:25)
    Gene,

Here's a thought, if a person becomes brain-dead because of an accident – is their spirit dead also?  Or is the spirit still alive but no longer has a mouthpiece to express itself from?  Just trying to see your side of things.

I love owls.  :;):

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy

Good question!

If Spirit is “Intellect” or “Thoughts” as Gene claims then a brain dead person who has no brain waves or thoughts would not be alive.

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 27 2009,14:25)
    Gene,

Here's a thought, if a person becomes brain-dead because of an accident – is their spirit dead also?  Or is the spirit still alive but no longer has a mouthpiece to express itself from?  Just trying to see your side of things.

Love,
    Mandy

Nice question.

:)

georg
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 27 2009,14:25)
    Gene,

Love,
    Mandy

Wow good questin, lets see what Gene has to say about that.
    Love Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Gene: Excellent post! Beautifully exprssed. A breath of fresh air/spirit. I certainly enjoyed it. No arguing, just beautiful, flowing Truth!
    As to a question that was presented by Mandy: IMO the brain is the physical organ that acts as a computer. Mind/Spirit information comes into the brain and is analysed and processed. If the brain is dead or not working properly neither will the rest of the body function correctly.Machines can keep one alive but it is a very low form of life, barely existence! Spirit is God, it is eternal. I believe you are correct when you say spirit is still alive but information or thoughts cannot be processed for comprehension and awareness. Bless you all, TK

georg
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 27 2009,07:58)

Our life NOW and in the FUTURE is IN the HANDS OF GOD.  IMO

Gene

I agree with Tim, excellent post.

Also, Tim made a good point answering Mandy, by bringing up the computer. Let me go a step further; consider the computer being your brain, and the electricity being your mind, both are needed to work to gether, you destroy the computer/brain, your mind/electricity is useless.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy and Tim and Irene and Georg and T8………….thanks for your kind response, Mandy fact is If you are  in a Hospital with sever brain damage they check for brain waves and if none is fond you are ruled  brain dead, and they will pull all life support systems from you. Being brain dead is dead. Like Georg said the electricity is cut off The thinking process have ceased and you are considered deceased.  There are cases where all the Brain is not dead, Your Madella amlingata, (don't know if i spelled it right) the automatic part of you brain that keeps you heart beating and you repertory systems going can still be functioning, and if they intravenously feed you your body will still function in part, but if not attended to you will die by starvation or dehydration. Without thoughts being processed in you mind you can not animate or express yourself. We are in some way like a computer we collect information and process it and act on it. A computer can control as complete process line in a factory. By saying that please don't think i am saying we are computers or robots, we are (MUCH MUCH) MORE THAN THAT. We have (EMOTIONS) which computers  don't have.

The Idea that Spirit is (intellect) should not be surprising to any one , JESUS SAID THE WORD I AM TELLING YOU (ARE) SPIRIT AND LIFE, we just need to think about what a WORD is, it is the EXPRESSION OF INTELLECT, that is (ALL) a WORD IS. There are words of Man (lower form of intellect) and there are Words of GOD (higher form of intellect) (BOTH) are Spirit and express who and what a  person is.  GOD give His intellect in some form to all his creation, read what GOD said to JOB, He even withholds it from some creatures and gives more to others, Read it you should all enjoy it.  IMO

peace and love to you all……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Do you think determination to tell everyone your novel idea will make it true?

terraricca
    Participant

hi all

some more inside on the spirit ,questions but no answers

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 28 2009,03:10)
    The Idea that Spirit is (intellect) should not be surprising to any one , JESUS SAID THE WORD I AM TELLING YOU (ARE) SPIRIT AND LIFE, we just need to think about what a WORD is, it is the EXPRESSION OF INTELLECT, that is (ALL) a WORD IS. There are words of Man (lower form of intellect) and there are Words of GOD (higher form of intellect) (BOTH) are Spirit and express who and what a  person is.  GOD give His intellect in some form to all his creation, read what GOD said to JOB, He even withholds it from some creatures and gives more to others, Read it you should all enjoy it.  IMO

peace and love to you all……………………gene

Terriccia……….there is you answer.

terraricca
    Participant

all

Pr 15:4 The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life,
    but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Pr 16:19 Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed
    than to share plunder with the proud

Pr 18:14 A man’s spirit sustains him in sickness,
    but a crushed spirit who can bear?

Ecc 3:21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

Isa 4:4 The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of fire.

Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—
    the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
    the Spirit of counsel and of power,
    the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD—
    Isa 19:14 The LORD has poured into them
    a spirit of dizziness;

Isa 29:24 Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding;
    those who complain will accept instruction.”

Isa 30:1 “Woe to the obstinate children,”
    declares the LORD,

to those who carry out plans that are not mine,
    forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit,

SO THE SPIRIT IS “INTELLECT” ???? THINK AGAIN FRIEND.

Pierre

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The spirit of a man gives him life[jas2]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….So you don't believe where it say “so a man think so he is” right?. So your Spirit is void of intellects well that does seem to fit you. No wisdom, No understandings, no knowledge. Well as you quoted maybe God has pored out on you a spirit of dizziness. O that would be in you intellect to right? Seem you keep going around in circles most of the time. The self Willed “FREE WILLER'S” ride the same Ship of Pride You and your bunch ride. IMO

peace and love………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 01 2010,08:17)
    Terricca……….So you don't believe where it say “so a man think so he is” right?.  So your Spirit is void of intellects well that does seem to fit you. No wisdom, No understandings, no knowledge. Well as you quoted maybe God has pored out on you a spirit of dizziness.  O that would be in you intellect to right? Seem you keep going around in circles most of the time. The self Willed “FREE WILLER'S”  ride the same Ship of Pride You and your bunch ride. IMO

peace and love………………………….gene

gene

“so a man think so he is” let see now lets break it up;

so a man think ? what does this imply??
    so he is ;what does this imply??

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca………. The word think means he is using his (INTELLECT) that is what he thinks with. :D :D :D

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account