The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

all

is it possible to serve God without understanding,no;is there understanding in the flesh?? NO

Dt 6:13 Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.

Dt 13:4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him,
    they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity
    and their years in contentment.
    Ps 22:30 Posterity will serve him;
    future generations will be told about the Lord

Zep 3:9 “Then will I purify the lips of the peoples,
    that all of them may call on the name of the LORD
    and serve him shoulder to shoulder

Rev 7:15 Therefore,
    “they are before the throne of God
    and serve him day and night in his temple;
    and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
    Rev 22:3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him

it is impossible to serve God with your flesh ,because your flesh does not have spirit like your soul,

the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

all

hear this;Mt 16:26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mt 22:37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

in Jesus struggel what was his soul;Mt 26:38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”

was it his flesh or his soul (spirit) that was overwhelmed ? is soul was it
    we(men)Gen;1;26 have been created in that image

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2011,11:19)

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,10:59)

Mike!  The Souls under the Altar are sleeping in their graves just like all that have died.

They can't be “sleeping in graves” if they are asking God “How long?”  And then they are given white robes to wear, if I remember right.

Pro 11:25   The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.  

I don't believe that a Spirit can get fat….

This is how the NEW KJV, and many other Bibles translate that verse:

NKJV ©
    The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.

Besides Irene, I don't believe the spirit is the soul.  I believe the soul is our intelligence and memory and feelings.  The spirit is what powers us and connects our OWN intelligence and memories and feelings to God.  The body is simply an outer casing that allows our soul to survive on earth.

Eze 18:4   Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.  

ALL bodies die, Irene.  But not all souls.  Jesus says not to fear those who can ONLY kill the body.  We should fear Him, who after killing the body, has the choice of letting the soul live on forever or destroying it in Gehenna (the Lake of Fire).

peace and love to you and Georg,
    mike

Mike

The apostle John was given a vision of the future, including the “souls” under the alter.
    They represent the martyrs that would die for Jesus; beheaded simply means, they gave their life for Jesus, they did not deny him.
    They hadn't even all died yet.
    Who was it that would kill them?
    Why were they told to wait?
    When did the waiting start?

These souls were the Christians that were killed by the Romans.
    The waiting started in 313 AD when Constantine stopped the persecution of Christians.
    The waiting ended in 565 AD when those that were to die like they did, were persecuted, and killed, by the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope, Antichrist.

Those souls did not literally ask anything, they were dead, period; what you read they said is for “our” understanding, and information.

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

georg

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing,THIS IS TRUE THEY ARE IN WAITING, neither have they any more a reward;THIS IS ALSO TRUE HOW COULD THEY THEY ARE DEAD AND SO HAVE NO PART OF ANYTHING WITH THE LIVING, for the memory of them is forgotten,THIS IS ALSO TRUE,LIVE GOES ON AND SO THE DEAD ARE FORGOTTEN,THE LIVING GOING FORWARD THE DEAD ARE ON A STAND STILL.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

georg

this is pure speculation is it not ??
    The waiting started in 313 AD when Constantine stopped the persecution of Christians.
    The waiting ended in 565 AD when those that were to die like they did, were persecuted, and killed, by the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope, Antichrist.

Those souls did not literally ask anything, they were dead, period; what you read they said is for “our” understanding, and information.

Constantine did not stop Christian persecution ,only to the ones (secte) that line themself with him.
    can the truth of God join him ??

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Pierre! This is what goggles said. You don't know Ancient History….This article even names those who did the persecution….

What did Emperor Constantine do that was important to the Christians?
    In: Ancient History, Christianity, Roman Empire [Edit categories]

Get 3 Free Sermons Nowwww.ChurchLeaderInsights.com/Sermon
    Nelson Searcy of Journey Church-NYC Help In Leading Your Church Today!

Ads [Improve]
    Answer
    Perhaps the most important thing that Constantine did for Christians was to declare religious tolerance, thus allowing Christians (and others) to worship openly.

He also gave the main Christian Church of his time state patronage, making it socially and politically desirable for some, to become Christians. He convened and chaired the Christian Council of Nicaea in 325.
    During the first three centuries the devil attacked the Christian Church from without. Stephen was the first victim (Acts 7:54-60). Later James was put to death (Acts 12:1-2). Saul of Tarsus led the attack against believers (Acts 8:1-3; 9:1-2), until he became a believer himself.

At first the greatest persecutors of the Church were unbelieving Jews (see 1 Thess. 2:14-16 and Romans 11:28). Later the Romans became the great persecutors. Paul and Peter were both put to death by the Roman Emperor Nero. As we study the early history of the church we learn that there were ten different periods of persecution under ten different Roman emperors:

The Ten Persecutions

Emperor
    Date (A.D.)
    Nero

Domitian

Trajan

Marcus Aurelius

Septimius Severus

Maximinus the Thracian

Decius Trajan

Valerian

Lucius Aurelian

Diocletian 54-68

81-96

98-117

161-180

193-211

235-238

249-251

253-260

270-275

284-305

What did these attacks and persecutions really do to the Church? Was the Church destroyed? Were all true believers killed? Did believers become an “endangered species”? Was the Church fatally wounded and about to die?

Actually the very opposite happened. The more the Church was persecuted and attacked, the more it grew and prospered. “The blood of the martyrs became the seed of the church.” When Stephen died the Church lost a great warrior, but his death led to the conversion of Saul of Tarsus, and Paul the great apostle accomplished what Stephen never would have been able to do. The martyrs died, but others were saved and took their places. Christianity not only spread but it thrived and prospered. The Church of Jesus Christ could not be exterminated. It survived each and every persecution against it [compare Matthew 16:18–“and the gates of hell (Hades) shall not prevail against it”]. The Church could not be defeated.

Peace Irene

Also all of the Apostles were tortured and died a cruel death, except John who was exiled to the island of Petumes were He wrote the Book of Revelation….

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 22 2011,18:56)
    Pierre!  This is what goggles said.  You don't know Ancient History….This article even names those who did the persecution….

Ads [Improve]  
    Answer
    Perhaps the most important thing that Constantine did for Christians was to declare religious tolerance, thus allowing Christians (and others) to worship openly.

He also gave the main Christian Church of his time state patronage, making it socially and politically desirable for some, to become Christians. He convened and chaired the Christian Council of Nicaea in 325.
    During the first three centuries the devil attacked the Christian Church from without. Stephen was the first victim (Acts 7:54-60). Later James was put to death (Acts 12:1-2). Saul of Tarsus led the attack against believers (Acts 8:1-3; 9:1-2), until he became a believer himself.

At first the greatest persecutors of the Church were unbelieving Jews (see 1 Thess. 2:14-16 and Romans 11:28). Later the Romans became the great persecutors. Paul and Peter were both put to death by the Roman Emperor Nero. As we study the early history of the church we learn that there were ten different periods of persecution under ten different Roman emperors:

The Ten Persecutions

Emperor
    Date (A.D.)
    Nero

Domitian

Trajan

Marcus Aurelius

Septimius Severus

Maximinus the Thracian

Decius Trajan

Valerian

Lucius Aurelian

Diocletian 54-68

81-96

98-117

161-180

193-211

235-238

249-251

253-260

270-275

284-305

What did these attacks and persecutions really do to the Church? Was the Church destroyed? Were all true believers killed? Did believers become an “endangered species”? Was the Church fatally wounded and about to die?

Actually the very opposite happened. The more the Church was persecuted and attacked, the more it grew and prospered. “The blood of the martyrs became the seed of the church.” When Stephen died the Church lost a great warrior, but his death led to the conversion of Saul of Tarsus, and Paul the great apostle accomplished what Stephen never would have been able to do. The martyrs died, but others were saved and took their places. Christianity not only spread but it thrived and prospered. The Church of Jesus Christ could not be exterminated. It survived each and every persecution against it [compare Matthew 16:18–“and the gates of hell (Hades) shall not prevail against it”]. The Church could not be defeated.

Peace Irene

Also all of the Apostles were tortured and died a cruel death, except John who was exiled to the island of Petumes were He wrote the Book of Revelation….

Irene

the true church always did and will rely on God s power to be saved ,not men ,

the ones who look on men are from the devil.

any true christian knows that the truth of the word of God is more importante than there on live ,and they all where ready to give there live for it.
    this is how we can see the true believers from the fake ones
    the true ones follow Christ in action.

so I do not see it the way you do,

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Pierre! You make a statement, but what about? Ancient history? Or what, The Soul? cop out….
    Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,00:34)
    Mik But Eze, 18:4 does say the Soul that sinneth it shall die. You say it di=doesn't. that is not according to that Scripture.

Hi Irene,

Did you read all of Ez 18? God had started off saying he will punish sons of a sinner to the 4th generation, but bless the offspring of a righteous one for thousands of generations.

The Hebrews developed a saying about it, saying that even though it was the parent who ate sour grapes (sinned, in this case), it is the children whose teeth are set on edge (suffered for the sins of the parents).

This chapter is God saying that no longer will be the case. If the father sins, the father alone will die for his sins……………not the sons anymore.

The soul who sins is the soul who will die. The children will no longer be held accountable for the sins of the fathers.

I'm not sure what point YOU'RE trying to make with this scripture. Maybe you could explain? :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,06:17)
    Mike

The apostle John was given a vision of the future, including the “souls” under the alter.
    They represent the martyrs that would die for Jesus; beheaded simply means, they gave their life for Jesus, they did not deny him.
    They hadn't even all died yet.
    Who was it that would kill them?
    Why were they told to wait?
    When did the waiting start?

Ecc 9:5   For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.  

Georg

Hi Georg,

Souls of the dead go to Sheol, where they are conscious of nothing at all – just like Solomon said.

But later, after Jesus was raised, Paul taught that although Jesus tasted death, not all would taste death.  Some would be changed in the blink of an eye.

Those are the saints who were directly killed for Jesus or God, I believe.  I believe that while the vast majority of people still die and “sleep” with their fathers in Sheol until the resurrection, certain saints who were and are killed for Christ are taken up to heaven immediately.  Jesus himself said as much:

Matthew 16:28
    “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,20:14)
    Mike

if our soul is not from spirit (i mean part of Christ )then so what is the IMAGE  and  LIKENESS in Gen;1;26

Hi Pierre,

I don't exactly know what is meant by “in our image”.  Does He mean with a heart made to feel love intensely?  A brain that can do complex tasks?  A love for music?  An appreciation for beautiful scenary and artwork?

I really don't know about “image” anymore than I know about the soul.  Like I said twice, I'm just posting how I think about it at this time.  I don't know anything about it for sure.  :)

In fact, I was thinking the soul is our intellect and memories,  but Jesus said we are to love God with all of our heart, strength, soul and mind.  He mentions soul as something other than mind, although he quotes Deut 6:5 which does NOT distinguish soul as different from mind………….so what do I know?  :)

This is definitely a hard question you've raised, Pierre.  Many people have many opinions.  I only offered mine.  :)

Each time I read the Bible, I read it with new questions like this in the back of my mind.  Maybe something will stick this time through.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 22 2011,18:56)
    Pierre!  This is what goggles said.  You don't know Ancient History….This article even names those who did the persecution….

Ads [Improve]  
    Answer

The Ten Persecutions

Emperor
    Date (A.D.)
    Nero

Domitian

Trajan

Marcus Aurelius

Septimius Severus

Maximinus the Thracian

Decius Trajan

Valerian

Lucius Aurelian

Diocletian 54-68

81-96

98-117

161-180

193-211

235-238

249-251

253-260

270-275

284-305

Peace Irene

Irene

this as nothing to do with the soul

this as been discussed in a other topic

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 22 2011,20:33)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2011,20:14)
    Mike

if our soul is not from spirit (i mean part of Christ )then so what is the IMAGE  and  LIKENESS in Gen;1;26

Hi Pierre,

I don't exactly know what is meant by “in our image”.  Does He mean with a heart made to feel love intensely?  A brain that can do complex tasks?  A love for music?  An appreciation for beautiful scenary and artwork?

I really don't know about “image” anymore than I know about the soul.  Like I said twice, I'm just posting how I think about it at this time.  I don't know anything about it for sure.  :)

In fact, I was thinking the soul is our intellect and memories,  but Jesus said we are to love God with all of our heart, strength, soul and mind.  He mentions soul as something other than mind, although he quotes Deut 6:5 which does NOT distinguish soul as different from mind………….so what do I know?  :)

This is definitely a hard question you've raised, Pierre.  Many people have many opinions.  I only offered mine.  :)

Each time I read the Bible, I read it with new questions like this in the back of my mind.  Maybe something will stick this time through.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

Ge 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
    Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;

Ge 9:6 “Whoever sheds the blood of man,
    by man shall his blood be shed;
    for in the image of God
    has God made man

Ps 106:20 They exchanged their Glory
    for an image of a bull, which eats grass.
    Isa 40:18 To whom, then, will you compare God?
    What image will you compare him to?
    Isa 48:5 Therefore I told you these things long ago;
    before they happened I announced them to you
    so that you could not say,
    ‘My idols did them;
    my wooden image and metal god ordained them.’
    Jer 44:19 The women added, “When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes like her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?”

;;in Gen;1;26 it says that we were created to the image of the creator and we know he is spirit and as a soul,(being,person,unique being)so i believe that our soul is also spirit and recieve it some time after birth or on birth i do not know,but that soul will be our personal blue print of all we do why we do it our most deepest thoughts ,it is in our hands to fill that soul with godly things ,so that we can walk with God.

wen we sin voluntary we break the godly line and so now written things what would lather vote against us in our conscience at judgement day,

the image ” also includes the glory (work) we received trough Adam ;;; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth

this rule made men the god of the earth so to speak ,he recieve charge of all the earth ,

did he succeed NO ,we destroyed it.

so the image of US and OUR to me would be “to be the ruler of the earth just like Christ is over all Gods creation and God is the ruler of all creation .

LIKENESS would the invisible qualities of the son and the father,our body being the tool for the fulfillment of those orders.(rule)

if we combine the IMAGE and the LIKENESS and the BODY we have a man completely ready for action in God will,

it did not last long .

1Co 9:11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?

2Co 9:6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
    Gal 6:8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
    Gal 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

men nature as is needs all the senses and eat drink sleep
    also inside is the soul with is conscience and deep feelings
    were the spirit can be lined up with the spirit of God trough Christ,but men as to be in truth .\\the food for the soul would be knowledge,understanding,

but the soul is the most important one because it remain for the judgement.better care should be given to the soul than to the flesh body.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 22 2011,13:06)

Mik But Eze, 18:4 does say the Soul that sinneth it shall die.  You say it di=doesn't. that is not according to that Scripture.

Hi Irene,

Did you read all of Ez 18?  God had started off saying he will punish sons of a sinner to the 4th generation, but bless the offspring of a righteous one for thousands of generations.

The Hebrews developed a saying about it, saying that even though it was the parent who ate sour grapes (sinned, in this case), it is the children whose teeth are set on edge (suffered for the sins of the parents).

This chapter is God saying that no longer will be the case.  If the father sins, the father alone will die for his sins……………not the sons anymore.

The soul who sins is the soul who will die.  The children will no longer be held accountable for the sins of the fathers.

I'm not sure what point YOU'RE trying to make with this scripture.  Maybe you could explain?  :)

mike

Mike!  In this Scripture I believe that Soul means body.  And our body will die because of sin.  I also believe that not all Scriptures that say Soul are bodies.  Of course you believe that the Soul is not the Spirit in man, which at when I made that post did not know.  If it isn't the body or the Spirit in us, what is the Soul then?  We do know that the Spirit goes back to God who gave it.  so I rule that out, in this case.  In case of

Mat 10:28   And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  

I believe here it is Spirit

Peace and Love Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2011,10:03)
    georg

Constantine did not stop Christian persecution ,only to the ones (secte) that line themself with him.

Pierre

Pierre! I responded about Constantine because of what you said. What I find so amazing that when I or others for that matter, prove how wrong you are, you cop out and ignore it…..here you did it about when I brought up what Constantine did what Georg said. your last post you say its another subject, can you ever be wrong??????I guess not…..fact Constantine did stop persecution of the Christians, fact it belongs somewhere else…..
    Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 22 2011,21:53)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 22 2011,13:06)

Mik But Eze, 18:4 does say the Soul that sinneth it shall die.  You say it di=doesn't. that is not according to that Scripture.

Hi Irene,

Did you read all of Ez 18?  God had started off saying he will punish sons of a sinner to the 4th generation, but bless the offspring of a righteous one for thousands of generations.

This chapter is God saying that no longer will be the case.  If the father sins, the father alone will die for his sins……………not the sons anymore.

The soul who sins is the soul who will die.  The children will no longer be held accountable for the sins of the fathers.

I'm not sure what point YOU'RE trying to make with this scripture.  Maybe you could explain?  :)

mike

Mike!  In this Scripture I believe that Soul means body.  And our body will die because of sin.  I also believe that not all Scriptures that say Soul are bodies.  Of course you believe that the Soul is not the Spirit in man, which at when I made that post did not know.  If it isn't the body or the Spirit in us, what is the Soul then?  We do know that the Spirit goes back to God who gave it.  so I rule that out, in this case.  In case of

Mat 10:28   And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  

I believe here it is Spirit

Peace and Love Irene

Irene

the body can die for our sin ,if we make a sin that is call for our live to pay;like in Israel law- live for live.

but at the end of it all God had made that all will come into judgement and those are always our souls

but for the righteous who get killed for the word of God this is very different is soul is glorious.he is innocent and blameless

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 22 2011,22:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2011,10:03)
    georg

Pierre

Pierre!  I responded about Constantine because of what you said.  What I find so amazing that when I or others for that matter, prove how wrong you are, you cop out and ignore it…..here you did it about when I brought up what Constantine did what Georg said.  your last post you say its another subject, can you ever be wrong??????I guess not…..fact Constantine did stop persecution of the Christians,  fact it belongs somewhere else…..
    Irene

Irene

you assume that at that time all the so called Christians were all true worshipers of the true God ??

this is your comment;;
    ==================================

true believers are an ongoing work as time passes and the night came were there is no light ,and no work.

God knows is people .
    any soul that support the beast is not of God

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Irene

this is the topic of THE SOUL;

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I did find what definitions the lexicon at searchgodsword.org gives for might which is translated from the Hebrew word” m@’od”

adv
    1.exceedingly, much subst
    2.might, force, abundance n m
    3.muchness, force, abundance, exceedingly
    a.force, might
    b.exceedingly, greatly, very (idioms showing magnitude or degree)
    1.exceedingly
    2.up to abundance, to a great degree, exceedingly
    3.with muchness, muchness
    It would seem “abundance” would be a better translation to my mind.
    It thus sounds as God instructs us to love him with all our heart (desires, emotions, passions), mind (knowledge, understanding, thinking, reflection, memory), and abundance.

I have some difficulty with using a lexicon and not sure if “m@’od” is translated to might in Deuteronomy 6:5 of the King James Version. Please check and feel free to correct me if I made an error.

I mentioned Deuteronomy 6:5 because that is where I obtained the idea that the human body has three parts. I have come to question that idea as there is only two Adams; one that is the man made from ground and second is the life given spirit. I now have my doubts if soul is the correct translation of “nephesh” in Deuteronomy 6:5.

I have found in scripture where the same word mean different things in different contexts and different words mean the same as each other. Spirit, soul, mind, and heart may all share those two characteristic complicating understanding one’s understanding of these things. We must be taught by God to truly understand what each means in each circumstance of its use.

I have read that a soul can be taken along to a sinner’s fate and that the soul departs a body when the body perishes.

In addition Jesus taught that even though an individual has suffered the first death they yet live, Matthew 22:31-33. I believe that live as a soul without a body. How do you understand that point?

Reference:

Matthew 22(NIV)
    31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”
    33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

The below scriptures are from the NIV of Scripture.

Matthew 22
    31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”
    33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

Matthew 5:6

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
    It is the soul that craves God’s righteousness and his kingdom.

Galatians 5:16

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

It is the spirit one chooses to walk by. A mature soul that pants after God’s righteousness as a deer pants after water will choose to live by the Spirit of holiness and thus not sin.

Ephesians 4:24

24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

It is the soul that is strongly drawn to righteousness that puts on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Luke 1

68 “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
    because he has come to his people and redeemed them.
    69 He has raised up a horn[c] of salvation for us
    in the house of his servant David
    70 (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),
    71 salvation from our enemies
    and from the hand of all who hate us—
    72 to show mercy to our ancestors
    and to remember his holy covenant,
    73 the oath he swore to our father Abraham:
    74 to rescue us from the hand of our enemies,
    and to enable us to serve him without fear
    75 in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.

This is about a promise God made to enable those souls who delight in obeying all of God’s commands to do just that because God will rescue them from their enemies which are their evil desires.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account