The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

Romans 7
    King James Version (KJV)

24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

This scripture demonstrates the mind is a slave to the law of sin that is in the flesh.

This is what we are taught about the flesh.

Galatians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So what two parts of Paul are struggling against each other?

How does Jesus deliver him from the struggle?

answer;;Ro 7:18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
    Ro 7:19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
    Ro 7:20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    Ro 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
    Ro 7:22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
    Ro 7:23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
    Ro 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
    Ro 7:25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Ro 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
    Ro 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
    Ro 8:3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,

what is you do not understand in Paul comment ??

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 21 2011,08:51)
    Gene. When God breathed into Adam's body, he became a living soul.
    But you say he became a living body.
    Why doesn't scripture say, “living body” if that is what was meant?

T8………….. A Body without what makes it function is just a body but once it has the Breathe of life (IN) it or added to it then it becomes a function life form, or a “LIVING SOUL”. Like an automobile is and automobile but is useless until Petrol is added to it so it can function, so it is with us. When God made Adams Body he was a non function Soul a dead one but once He added the Breath of Life (INTO) him he became a Living Soul. A soul or living Being can die totally, Spirit can not die.

We all must attain unto a resurrection of our Bodies and have Breath added back into it in order for us to become a living Soul again. Remember where it say, “the Soul (the complete being) that sins shall die”, and again “all have sinned”, so all die. and if God were to leave us in that state we would never live again. The breath of life leaves us and the body ceases to function and begins to corrupt and turn back to the dust from were it came, we exist no more, that is it, for ever.

It is absolute crucial we obtain unto the resurrection the gives us a new physical body and the breath of life added back into it in order for us to ever live again. There is not one resurrection in scriptures that did not include a body. Our hope is to “witness the redemption of our BODIES”, we are told.

When Jesus instructed us to fear God who can “destory (BOTH) our Body and Soul in the grave”. He was referring to our Bodies and the complete breathe Life that was (IN) it, the complete being, the “LIVING” soul.

Spirit can not die it is something that we all recieve into our Souls after berth or a resurrection Spirit (intellect) is added back. God can remove Spirit and add Spirit into us HE can renew our complete thinking.

T8……..Here is something to think about, remember where it says that THE DEVI, or better, ADVERSARIAL SPIRITS are remove from the earth and cast into a (NOTICE) “BOTTOMLESS PIT” , the reason it is Bottomless is because evil has no end . It is like down as apposed to up there is no limit to them the same with Good Spirits and Evil Spirits they have no end to either. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 22 2011,01:02)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 21 2011,08:51)
    Gene. When God breathed into Adam's body, he became a living soul.
    But you say he became a living body.
    Why doesn't scripture say, “living body” if that is what was meant?

T8………….. A Body without what makes it function is just a body but once it has the Breathe of life (IN) it or added to it then it becomes a function life form, or a “LIVING SOUL”.  Like an automobile is and automobile but is useless until Petrol is added to it so it can function, so it is with us. When God made Adams Body he was a non function Soul a dead one but once He added the Breath of Life (INTO) him he became a Living Soul. A soul or living Being can die totally, Spirit can not die.

We all must attain unto a resurrection of our Bodies and have Breath added back into it in order for us to become a living Soul again. Remember where it say, “the Soul (the complete being) that sins shall die”, and again “all have sinned”, so all die. and if God were to leave us in that state we would never live again. The breath of life leaves us and the body ceases to function and begins to corrupt and turn back to the dust from were it came, we exist no more, that is it, for ever.

It is absolute crucial we obtain unto the resurrection the gives us a new physical body and the breath of life added back into it in order for us to ever live again.  There is not one resurrection in scriptures that did not include a body. Our hope is to “witness the redemption of our BODIES”,  we are told.

When Jesus instructed us to fear God who can “destory (BOTH) our Body and Soul in the grave”. He was referring to our Bodies and the complete breathe Life that was (IN) it, the complete being, the “LIVING” soul.

Spirit can not die it is something that we all recieve into our Souls after berth or a resurrection Spirit (intellect) is added back. God can remove Spirit and add Spirit into us HE can renew our complete thinking.

T8……..Here is something to think about, remember where it says that THE DEVI, or better, ADVERSARIAL SPIRITS are remove from the earth and cast into a (NOTICE) “BOTTOMLESS PIT” , the reason it is Bottomless is because evil has no end . It is like down as apposed to up there is no limit to them the same with Good Spirits and Evil Spirits they have no end to either. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

Yes I can see the driver inside the car metaphor, but your use of the word body seems to be no different to soul in that you can replace body for soul in scripture.

If a living soul is just the definition of a body (i.e. living) then according to your teaching having no breath of God means a dead body/soul. See the way it is interchangeable when we apply your view?

So if your doctrine can use body and soul interchangeably as others use soul spirit interchangeably, then why does scripture have a distinction?

Do you not think it possible that a person might be actually be a soul that is housed in a body and has a spirit inside the soul. So when the body is damaged beyond life support, the soul departs the body and if the spirit departs the soul, then it is placed in a holding place awaiting the return of the spirit. If not, then it lives.

That way the soul is uniquely you, the body is the vehicle and the spirit comes from God.

Otherwise if we are just a 2-part being (flesh and spirit/breath of God), then it seems that no part is actually US, rather we are the combination of parts which is dust and breath. Where is the unique YOU in that?

We would all be the same according to that model because we would be made from the same dust, and be given the same spirit/breath of God. (Ignoring DNA of course). Or is it that you think the breath is the unique part of us that makes us who we are. Rather than a spark of life it is different for each person giving us uniqueness, housing our character etc.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 22 2011,01:02)

But here is the thing that I don't think you are able to see yet.
    You say that a new spirit can be given to us that makes us new.
    OK, so we are new. But what part is the US are you referring to?

If we were a new spirit, then we would be a different person if we were the spirit.
    So when you became born-again, it would be no different to the wicked persishing.
    You would be dead, and a new person takes your place.
    But when I recieved the new birth, I was still me, even with a new spirit.
    So obviously I am not that spirit because it was replaced.

Now if I am my body and that is replaced, then like the wicked, I am destined to die and another person takes my place.

And if I am the combination of both the body and spirit, then I am also replaced with another person.

So the new birth is not gift given to you, it is suicide with a new person taking your place.

But if we are a third thing, (a soul), then it would work. We could then receive both a new body and a new spirit and be truly saved as opposed to replaced.

Your model kinda says, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will commit suicide.

Do you see my point?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 21 2011,11:50)
    kerwin

Romans 7
    King James Version (KJV)

25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

This scripture demonstrates the mind is a slave to the law of sin that is in the flesh.

Galatians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

answer;;Ro 7:18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
    Ro 7:19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
    Ro 7:20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    Ro 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
    Ro 7:23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
    So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Ro 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
    Ro 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
    Ro 8:3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,

Pierre

Pierre,

I believe the inward man that is also called the mind in this passage is Paul's soul. A soul that delights in being righteous as God is righteous.

I believe that flesh also called body and sinful nature is the spirit of man which is short of the glory of God.

The two are at odds even though the spirit is the character of the man because the soul is deprived of what it yearns for by its own character.

The only way the soul can get what it craves is if it has a saintly character but a saintly character comes from God and Jesus is the only way to obtain it. Therefore before Paul came to know Christ in the way of God his soul was doomed to struggle with his spirit because it failed to get what would fill it.

My questions were to find out what parts of Paul you believed were struggling against one another and how Jesus delivers Paul from this inner struggle.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

The Hebrews used the word soul to mean life.

The breath of life can therefore also be said to be the breath of soul.

God created the flesh and blood man from the earth and married it to the soul man by breathing the soul into him and the two became a living soul.

The soul was life before it entered the body and is after it leaves the body as there is soul in the blood and thus the instruction to drain the blood after the body of a living soul is killed.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2011,23:07)
    Gene,

God created the flesh and blood man from the earth and married it to the soul man by breathing the soul into him and the two became a living soul.

The soul was life before it entered the body and is after it leaves the body as there is soul in the blood and thus the instruction to drain the blood after the body of a living soul is killed.

kerwin

this is new to me ,what are the scriptures to back it up

I do not mean the law of bleeding an animal;but your blood =soul ???

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8………..Yes I do see your point and from that stand point you would be right, However our DNA contains all our working Mental Characteristics and Personalities and when it is recreated it is has exactly the same Personality becasue personality is the result of our minds created after conception. We are all predisposed to think the way we think by our own distinct natures.I believe we all recieve our distinct Natures or personalities given by God into our Bodies at berth. The combination of these that is alive is a LIVING SOUL. But no where does scripture show a Soul continues to live after death. As i have quoted “THE SOUL THAT SINS (IT) SHALL DIE or PARISH”. The idea of death of a Soul show it can not continue to live after death without a body. Remember where scripture say God would not allow Jesus Soul to see corruption in the grave it does not say Body but soul . Even animals are called living souls do you think they continue to live in some MYSTERIOUS State after death. So when would you draw the line T8 of who has a continue living Soul Man and , or Animals also. Scriptures say they are all living souls.

Your commit if we were a new Spirit then we would be a different person is wrong IMO, becasue Spirit is Spirit and always existed it Just is introduced into our Living Souls and extracted when we die going back to where it came from in the first Place (GOD) Spirit does not change our Personality it simply modifies it. God Said he would give us a NEW SPIRIT and it will transform our thinking but will it change our destine Personalities. The only US that exists is our “LIVING SOULS”, not SPIRIT , Spirit is added to US Living Soul and it all begins after Berth of our Physical Living Souls. IMO

“MYSTERY RELIGION” has from ancient times preached a after life, from the Pharaohs who would make provision for the after life, to modern religion that teaches that the soul does not die when a person dies. Well if that be the case then none truly dies at all and there is not death at all and Jesus did not truly die as he said he did. Scripture say when a Man dies His thoughts Parish not if our thoughts parish we also parish. False religion has made people think they keep on living some thin k they go to heaven and float around on clouds and others think we go to a purgatory of some kind where the wicked are being punished and tormented. But Scripture does not support that, IMO>

T8………..I believe it is absolute crucial we attain unto the resurrection of the “DEAD”> All thing must become New our Bodies recreated and breath of Life put back into it so we can once again become a “LIVING SOUL”> The reason the word Resurrection is used in scripture is becasue it is a resurrection of the SAME BODY with the SAME PERSONALITY as the First body was. God did not create us with these Precious Bodies to be discarded and exist in another form without a Physical Body that has the exact Characteristics as our existing bodies with the same personality. IMO

T8……Go to the valley of dead and dry bones in Ezekiel and reread it , it is the exact picture of what will happen to us all, if GOD Choses to raise from the state of the dead. There has been much false and confusing teachings published in Christianity over the years. It is all Part of “MYSTERY RELIGION” we are told to come out of. T8 our only hope is in the resurrection from the state of the dead after we die Just like it was for Jesus. There remains no string of Life left to us after we die Brother except GOD the FATHER ALONE> IMO

peace and love to you and your brother………………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 22 2011,11:13)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2011,23:07)
    Gene,

kerwin

this is new to me ,what are the scriptures to back it up

I do not mean the law of bleeding an animal;but your blood =soul ???

Pierre

Pierre,

Animals are also called living souls in the manuscripts but the translators chose to translate the same word to creature for animals and soul for humans in the KJV.

An example of this is Genesis 1:24 where “nephesh” is translated to “creatures” instead of “souls”.

Genesis 2:19 is another example of the translators making the same choice.

In Genesis 1:30 “nephesh” is translated to “life” and it is within the creature.

In Genesis 9:4 the “nephesh” is translated “life” and is said to be in the flesh and to be the blood.

The King James translators obscured these teachings either through lack of knowledge or corruption.

Here is the page from a Hebrew Lexicon where you can click on a verse then on original Hebrew and last on the English word I wrote and it will verify what I stated.

Genesis 2:7 is also on that Lexicon's list of Genesis verses containing “nephesh”.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2011,16:07)
    Gene,

Kerwin……….I know Life is in the Blood becasue it brings Oxygen to all parts of the Body and therefore sustains life of the Body, But the blood is also part of the Bodies composition it can not be separated from each other and Life continue to exist. Kerwin a complete Soul consists of a Body that has Life in it, that is what makes up a “LIVING SOUL”, and that Soul whether Beast or man can absolutely die and nothing more exist it has Parishes for ever, its thought has cased when it died. IMO

I know The Hebrew word for Soul is Life and that life is the complete Person that is alive. So when Jesus said fear him that can destory “BOTH” the Body and Soul Or Life in the grave >IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

This is what scripture states:

Genesis 2
    King James Version (KJV)

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So the body, including the blood that is in the body, was formed as the first man.

So there lies the body but where is the soul?

The soul is the life that is in the body even in the blood but we have the first man both body and blood but he is without life and so without soul.

The first man only becomes living when the second man who comes from God gives him life. That which gives life is the soul which is why it symbolizes life. The blood carries life to the rest of the body and so by it the body has life and it is in this manner like the soul which comes from God. In releasing the blood that is like unto the soul you are releasing the soul; which is the essential creature. You release what is living and not what is dead. That is why God spoke of those whose body was dead as if they yet live.

It is life that comes from God and not death for death is the wages of rebellion against God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 22 2011,16:31)
    T8………..Yes I do see your point and from that stand point you would be right, However our DNA contains all our working Mental Characteristics and Personalities and when it is recreated it is has exactly the same Personality becasue personality is the result of our minds created after conception.

OK, so when we choose to believe and be led by God, that takes place in our mind which is a product of our DNA?

Is that how you see it?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8………..first of all you don't chose to follow GOD< He choses You and By His spirit (intellect) He “DRAWS” you to him it is by revelation into you mind about Christ that draws you to him.  Remember ” no man can come unto me except the Father draw him”.  This also back up what Jesus said to Peter,  ” Peter who do you say I am, Peter responds , You are the Christ the son of the Living GOD, Jesus then responds , “blessed are you Simon Barjona because (now notice) flesh and Blood did not reveal that unto you  (and remember Jesus was flesh and blood so not even Jesus revealed that to Peter, ” but my Father who is In Heaven has revealed it unto you, then Jesus also showed he had the revelation from GOD also by saying to Peter, ” I say unto you you are Peter, and upon this rock that rock was the power of GOD to get into the minds of People and revealed the truth to them, and this power was what he would build the Church on. IMO

We are given Bodies that contain the breath of Life in them and that constitutes a “LIVING SOUL” , and capable of acquiring Spirits into them either clean or unclean Spirits so if we sow to the Spirit of GOD we will reap Life everlasting, in our regenerated new redeemed Bodies OR Souls  ” If the spirit of him that raised Christ Jesus from the dead dwell (IN) You (IT) will also quicken (bring to life) your Mortal BODIES” It is just that simple T8,  God's Spiirt recreates our bodies and He adds Spirit back into them, and we then become a “LIVING SOUL” Again after we die. IMO

T8 the overall problem is a result of false religious teachings of all kinds of after life in a neither world and people not understand what Spirit actually is because of MYSTERY RELIGIOUS teachings . When we die that is it there is no more Life left for us to hold on to, that is it, our ONLY HOPE is IN a   resurrection from the state of the dead Jesus full well knew that when he died that was it and unless GOD reactivated His Body and added spirit back he would remain dead for ever. We all all totally in the Hand of our Living GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…………I do agree that Life is in the Blood by the spirit operation taking place, But these Spirits are not a
    soul by themselves, A Soul included the Body and the breath of Life from GOD , You can not separate the Spirit of Life and its Body it is in and still have a living Soul, Not with Man or Animals. The whole Body is a Living Organism not just Part of it is. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

But Gene, your definition of soul as a combination of parts can only mean that you teach that we the soul are the whole being.
    If the soul is the whole being, then when we get a new spirit and a new body, then all the parts are replaced, and so why is it that we are not replaced?
    Why is it that scripture talks of salvation of our souls rather than we die and are replaced?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 23 2011,01:18)
    T8………..first of all you don't chose to follow GOD< He choses You and By His spirit (intellect) He "DRAWS" you to him it is by revelation into you mind about Christ that draws you to him. Remember " no man can come unto me except the Father draw him".

But we still have to choose God.

If God draws us, then is like the Borg in Star Trek where we are assimilated against our will, or do we get to reciprocate the relationship?

I say we still have to choose God when he is drawing us.

Drawing us is not the same as abduction.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2011,22:57)

kerwin

Romans 7
    King James Version (KJV)

Galatians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

Pierre

Pierre,

I believe the inward man that is also called the mind in this passage is Paul's soul.  A soul that delights in being righteous as God is righteous.

I believe that flesh also called body and sinful nature is the spirit of man which is short of the glory of God.

The two are at odds even though the spirit is the character of the man because the soul is deprived of what it yearns for by its own character.

The only way the soul can get what it craves is if it has a saintly character but a saintly character comes from God and Jesus is the only way to obtain it.  Therefore before Paul came to know Christ in the way of God his soul was doomed to struggle with his spirit because it failed to get what would fill it.

My questions were to find out what parts of Paul you believed were struggling against one another and how Jesus delivers Paul from this inner struggle.

Kerwin

do you understand this ???

vpn nephesh

Pronunciation:neh'-fesh
    Origin:from 05314
    Reference:TWOT – 1395a
    PrtSpch:noun feminime
    In Hebrew:yspn 172, spn 140, wspn 84, Kspn 68, spnh 41, Mspn 36, spnw 21, spnb 17, hspn 16, Mkspn 13, Mkytspn 13, wnspn 11, spnl 11, twspn 10, yspnl 10, wspnb 9, wspnw 8, twspnh 6, Kspnl 6, spnhw 5, yspnw 5, Mspnl 4, Mtwspnb 3, tspn 3, Mkytspnl 3, yspnb 3, twspnw 2, wspnl 2, Mkytwspnb 2, spnk 2, wnytspn 2, wspnk 2, Kspnk 2, twvpn 1, Mkspnl 1, Myspn 1, hspnl 1, *yspnb {wspnb} 1, Kspnb 1, spnkw 1, Mtspnb 1, wnytspnl 1, Mspnb 1, spnm 1, wnytwspn 1, wnspnw 1, yspnbw 1, *wspn {yspn} 1, Mtspnl 1, Mspnw 1, Mktspn 1, Mkspnw 1, *hspn {wspn} 1, wnspnb 1, spnbw 1
    In NET:life 136, lives 48, person 48, soul 32, me 20, being 16, I 16, people 15, you 11, herself 9, lived 8, appetite 7, himself 7, kill 6, themselves 6, creatures 6, yourselves 5, alive 4, heart 4, those 4, desire 3, body 3, him 3, enemies 3, myself 3, creature 3, ourselves 3, neck 2, yourself 2, please 2, die 2, depressed 2, someone 2, corpse 2, live 2, lifeblood 2, strength 2, spirit 2, souls 2, death 2, us 2, flesh and blood 1, hunger 1, grief 1, individual 1, her 1, he 1, intense scorn 1, deaths 1, blameless 1, breath 1, collar 1, attached 1, appetites 1, We 1, agree 1, anyone 1, contempt 1, cried 1, encourage 1, enjoyment 1, everything that has the breath 1, discontented 1, direct descendants 1, dangerous 1, dead person 1, desired 1, execute 1, means 1, thing 1, thirst 1, those who 1, throat 1, they 1, theirs 1, slaves 1, sorrow 1, stomach 1, sworn 1, throats 1, upset 1, will 1, wish 1, worry 1, wounded 1, weep 1, we 1, very upset 1, vows 1, wants 1, shelter 1, self-destruct 1, mind 1, mouth 1, much 1, murder 1, zeal 1, lust 1, life's passion 1, living 1, long for you 1, necks 1, need 1, regions 1, relentlessly 1, restitution 1, sachets 1, power 1, pleases 1, officials 1, one 1, one's heart 1, life and breath 1
    In AV:soul 475, life 117, person 29, mind 15, heart 15, creature 9, body 8, himself 8, yourselves 6, dead 5, will 4, desire 4, man 3, themselves 3, any 3, appetite 2, misc 47
    Count:753
    Definition:1) soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being,
    desire, emotion, passion
    1a) that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the
    inner being of man
    1b) living being
    1c) living being (with life in the blood)
    1d) the man himself, self, person or individual
    1e) seat of the appetites
    1f) seat of emotions and passions
    1g) activity of mind
    1g1) dubious
    1h) activity of the will
    1h1) dubious
    1i) activity of the character
    1i1) dubious
    from 5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of
    (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal,
    accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):-any,
    appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire,
    X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y),
    (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me,
    mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-,
    thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they,
    thing, (X she) will, X would have it.
    see HEBREW for 05314

what are you try to say is so irrelevant and useless

learn and understand ,

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 23 2011,08:34)
    But Gene, your definition of soul as a combination of parts can only mean that you teach that we the soul are the whole being.
    If the soul is the whole being, then when we get a new spirit and a new body, then all the parts are replaced, and so why is it that we are not replaced?
    Why is it that scripture talks of salvation of our souls rather than we die and are replaced?

T8……….The Soul is all of the “LIVING PARTS” it is the complete person it has contained in it Living Spirit which causes the Body to LIVE. But the whole combined Living Spirit in the Body give LIFE to our BODIES and the whole thing is called a “LIVING SOUL” you simply are not a living Soul without Both a body and Living spirit in it. T8 why do you think Jesus said GOD could destory both the body and soul (in) the grave then? because if the body is destoryed so is the SOUL> remember where it say “the”SOUL” that sins (IT) Shall DIE”>

Psa 22:29…..> All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship; all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

Psa 89:48…..> What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his SOUL from the hand of the GRAVE? Selah.

Eze 18:4…..> Behold, all Souls are mine;as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, IT SHALL DIE

Psa16:11…..For thou will not leave my Soul in Hell or GRAVE, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:31….> he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his Soul was not left in Hell i.e. GRAVE, neither his flesh did see corruption.

T8 , cant you see the Soul and the Flesh are connected in order to have a Living Being or living Soul? IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

T8……….The Soul is all of the “LIVING PARTS” it is the complete person it has contained in it Living Spirit which causes the Body to LIVE. But the whole combined Living Spirit in the Body give LIFE to our BODIES and the whole thing is called a “LIVING SOUL” you simply are not a living Soul without Both a body and Living spirit in it. T8 why do you think Jesus said GOD could destory both the body and soul (in) the grave then? because if the body is destoryed so is the SOUL> remember where it say “the”SOUL” that sins (IT) Shall DIE”>

would this mean that a person that lost both legs and (or ) harms is dead or is not call a living soul ???

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2011,04:30)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 22 2011,22:57)

kerwin

Romans 7
    King James Version (KJV)

Galatians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

Pierre

Pierre,

I believe the inward man that is also called the mind in this passage is Paul's soul.  A soul that delights in being righteous as God is righteous.

The only way the soul can get what it craves is if it has a saintly character but a saintly character comes from God and Jesus is the only way to obtain it.  Therefore before Paul came to know Christ in the way of God his soul was doomed to struggle with his spirit because it failed to get what would fill it.

Kerwin

do you understand this ???

vpn nephesh

Pronunciation:neh'-fesh
    Origin:from 05314
    Reference:TWOT – 1395a
    PrtSpch:noun feminime
    In Hebrew:yspn 172, spn 140, wspn 84, Kspn 68, spnh 41, Mspn 36, spnw 21, spnb 17, hspn 16, Mkspn 13, Mkytspn 13, wnspn 11, spnl 11, twspn 10, yspnl 10, wspnb 9, wspnw 8, twspnh 6, Kspnl 6, spnhw 5, yspnw 5, Mspnl 4, Mtwspnb 3, tspn 3, Mkytspnl 3, yspnb 3, twspnw 2, wspnl 2, Mkytwspnb 2, spnk 2, wnytspn 2, wspnk 2, Kspnk 2, twvpn 1, Mkspnl 1, Myspn 1, hspnl 1, *yspnb {wspnb} 1, Kspnb 1, spnkw 1, Mtspnb 1, wnytspnl 1, Mspnb 1, spnm 1, wnytwspn 1, wnspnw 1, yspnbw 1, *wspn {yspn} 1, Mtspnl 1, Mspnw 1, Mktspn 1, Mkspnw 1, *hspn {wspn} 1, wnspnb 1, spnbw 1
    In NET:life 136, lives 48, person 48, soul 32, me 20, being 16, I 16, people 15, you 11, herself 9, lived 8, appetite 7, himself 7, kill 6, themselves 6, creatures 6, yourselves 5, alive 4, heart 4, those 4, desire 3, body 3, him 3, enemies 3, myself 3, creature 3, ourselves 3, neck 2, yourself 2, please 2, die 2, depressed 2, someone 2, corpse 2, live 2, lifeblood 2, strength 2, spirit 2, souls 2, death 2, us 2, flesh and blood 1, hunger 1, grief 1, individual 1, her 1, he 1, intense scorn 1, deaths 1, blameless 1, breath 1, collar 1, attached 1, appetites 1, We 1, agree 1, anyone 1, contempt 1, cried 1, encourage 1, enjoyment 1, everything that has the breath 1, discontented 1, direct descendants 1, dangerous 1, dead person 1, desired 1, execute 1, means 1, thing 1, thirst 1, those who 1, throat 1, they 1, theirs 1, slaves 1, sorrow 1, stomach 1, sworn 1, throats 1, upset 1, will 1, wish 1, worry 1, wounded 1, weep 1, we 1, very upset 1, vows 1, wants 1, shelter 1, self-destruct 1, mind 1, mouth 1, much 1, murder 1, zeal 1, lust 1, life's passion 1, living 1, long for you 1, necks 1, need 1, regions 1, relentlessly 1, restitution 1, sachets 1, power 1, pleases 1, officials 1, one 1, one's heart 1, life and breath 1
    In AV:soul 475, life 117, person 29, mind 15, heart 15, creature 9, body 8, himself 8, yourselves 6, dead 5, will 4, desire 4, man 3, themselves 3, any 3, appetite 2, misc 47
    Count:753
    Definition:1) soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being,
    desire, emotion, passion
    1a) that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the
    inner being of man
    1b) living being
    1c) living being (with life in the blood)
    1d) the man himself, self, person or individual
    1e) seat of the appetites
    1f) seat of emotions and passions
    1g) activity of mind
    1g1) dubious
    1h) activity of the will
    1h1) dubious
    1i) activity of the character
    1i1) dubious
    from 5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of
    (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal,
    accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):-any,
    appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire,
    X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y),
    (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me,
    mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-,
    thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they,
    thing, (X she) will, X would have it.
    see HEBREW for 05314

what are you try to say is so irrelevant and useless

learn and understand ,

Pierre

Pierre,

I can understand the Lexicon entry about “nephesh”

We are speaking of 'nephesh” elsewhere as it is a Hebrew word and
    perhaps we can discuss it there if you feel capable of sharing your insights.

On this line of communications I explained what I believe Paul is teaching and why I believe that.  I then asked you to answer what two parts of Paul were struggling against each other and how did Jesus rescue him from that internal struggle.  

Are those question you are unwilling to answer?

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account