The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Mike,
    We're close, I see it more like:
    Body – Hardware
    Soul – Software
    Spirit – Operating System, Pointing devices, USB and other Interfaces

My opinion – Wm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 21 2011,12:21)
    Mike,
    Body – Hardware
    Soul – Software

My opinion – Wm

st

tell me is God and Christ (the Word)also software and hardware??

because man as been made to the IMAGE AND LIKENESS of them

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2011,10:56)
    Hi All,

IMO, the soul is like a computer hard drive.  It is our intellect and our memories and completely who we are.

Our spirit is like a USB/Power cable plugged into us.  It not only give us the electricity needed to power our “hard drive”, but can also feed us information via “God's internet”.

Our body is simply the outer case of the computer.

We die when our electricity source is cut off from God.  And our outer case eventually decays until it is gone.  But the hard drive remains in tact, full of the memories of our life.  It is stored in a place the Hebrews called Sheol.  It sits there, unconscious of anything at all…………..UNTIL its power source is again supplied by God.  Once it again has power to it, all those memories are again accessible.  And all we are missing at that point is the outer case.  During the resurrection, God will give spiritual cases to those hard drives that are going to live in heaven, and fleshly cases to those hard drives that are going to be on earth forever.

Those are my thoughts according to my current understanding.  Perhaps I'm wrong?  

mike

Mike

is that the IMAGE AND THE LIKENESS ??Gen;2;7

i do not think so,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

you say;Terricca…………That is right when you die the Spirit goes back to who gave it in the first place, but you are dead no longer a living Soul or being. ” WHEN A MAN DIES HIS THOUGHTS PARISH” notice (HIS) thoughts (PARISH) now if your Thoughts “PARISH” you no longer exist. Get IT, God does not resurrect you spirit, He resurrects (YOUR)Own particular body and add Spirit Back into (IT)>and then you become a living Soul (AGAIN)> Simple think about it, no Mystery or forcing of ideas to try to make something complicated out of this. When a man die that is it and will remain that way for ever if God the Father does not (RESURRECT) a new body and add spirit back into it . That is why there is such a thing as a resurrection it is to restore us a body, a spirit is not resurected no where in scripture that i know of, only Bodies are.

Why do you think it say “we wait to witness the Redemption of our “BODIES” For?.

peace and love………………………………gene
    ===========================================

” WHEN A MAN DIES HIS THOUGHTS PARISH”
    this is true ,but it is related to his will ,a dead man as no more say in the world of the living,are they ??

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 21 2011,05:51)
    Gene

you say;Terricca…………That is right when you die the Spirit goes back to who gave it in the first place, but you are dead no longer a living Soul or being. ” WHEN A MAN DIES HIS THOUGHTS PARISH” notice (HIS) thoughts (PARISH) now if your Thoughts “PARISH” you no longer exist. Get IT, God does not resurrect you spirit, He resurrects (YOUR)Own particular body and add Spirit Back into (IT)>and then you become a living Soul (AGAIN)> Simple think about it, no Mystery or forcing of ideas to try to make something complicated out of this.  When a man die that is it and will remain that way for ever if God the Father does not (RESURRECT)  a new body and add spirit back into it . That is why there is such a thing as a resurrection it is to restore us a body, a spirit is not resurected no where in scripture that i know of, only Bodies are.

Why do you think it say “we wait to witness the Redemption of our “BODIES” For?.

peace and love………………………………gene
    ===========================================

” WHEN A MAN DIES HIS THOUGHTS PARISH”
    this is true ,but it is related to his will ,a dead man as no more say in the world of the living,are they ??

Pierre

Pierre! How ironic, here you say what it is.  Soul or being dies in the grave.  God at resurrection will give us a new Body the Soul.  
    The Soul that sinneth it shall die

Eze 18:4   Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.  

It is the body in this case that die's…..
    Peace Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2011,03:56)
    Hi All,

IMO, the soul is like a computer hard drive.  It is our intellect and our memories and completely who we are.

Our spirit is like a USB/Power cable plugged into us.  It not only give us the electricity needed to power our “hard drive”, but can also feed us information via “God's internet”.

Our body is simply the outer case of the computer.

We die when our electricity source is cut off from God.  And our outer case eventually decays until it is gone.  But the hard drive remains in tact, full of the memories of our life.  It is stored in a place the Hebrews called Sheol.  It sits there, unconscious of anything at all…………..UNTIL its power source is again supplied by God.  Once it again has power to it, all those memories are again accessible.  And all we are missing at that point is the outer case.  During the resurrection, God will give spiritual cases to those hard drives that are going to live in heaven, and fleshly cases to those hard drives that are going to be on earth forever.

Those are my thoughts according to my current understanding.  Perhaps I'm wrong?  

mike

Mike!  In some cases you are right.  In other Scriptures you are wrong.  
    Take
    Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  

Gene gives a good explanation.  When the Spirit goes back to God, the Soul dies.  Without it the Soul cannot exist.

Eze 18:4   Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.  

There are Scriptures when the Soul is the Spirit the Psalms is a good Book to see that.  

Pro 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

Here the Soul shall be made fat. That one can only mean the body.

Interesting subject.

Peace and Love Irene

Baker
    Participant

Pierre!  In “Do Spirits have bodies”, why does it not say Soul, since you think it is the Spirit in us????

Peace Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,14:01)
    Pierre!  In “Do Spirits have bodies”, why does it not say Soul, since you think it is the Spirit in us????

Peace Irene

Irene

you do not answer any question,

what about Jesus;Mt 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul

how come only God can kill the soul??

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

all

the body and the soul are not the same but men body need the soul and the soul need the body to be active in there will,

the body is made out of the dust of the earth ,but the soul is given by God ,so it is spirit ,this is why only God can kill the soul,

many can kill the body,

as for the soul that sins will die,this is true and will apply more evidently at the second resurrection,the time for the application of that law,what is judgement day.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

all

1Co 15:21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.
    1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
    1Co 15:23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
    1Co 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

the resurrection means to be back in action with the living,and a soul without body is dead or inactive,just as Christ was resurrection put him back whit the living and so have a will with them.

but men soul who died have to wait until the time God say to be resurrected,and so are inactive until then.

we will never obtain a other soul but we will recieve another body.

corruption is the works of the soul (spirit ) in the body,

the body has limited power and will ;power = physical strength,,will =need to eat and drink ,sleep,and maintenance.

abilities of the body =procreate,taste,feel,smell,walk,run,ect.

can we become enslaved by those abilities ?? yes =sex,let our emotions run,drinking ,eating excess,

so the soul is the other drive will the spirit one ;and there is oposition in them ;body and soul

only the spirit or soul can worship in truth God because this will is not part of the will of the body,

that will need understanding ,and the body can not understand things of the spirit or the soul.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Pierre! I did answer your questions, if there is one I missed name it, and I will be glad to answer it. The Soul that sinneth it shall die. The Spirit does not, it goes back to God who gave it…..

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Eze 18:27 Again, when the wicked [man] turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

Pro 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

The Spirit does not get fat….This is talking about the body.

I also said in my previous post that I went to the Book of Psalms and in it are many Scriptures that do talk about the Soul being a Spirit being. But not all Scriptures are….and that my friend you have wrong….
    Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 21 2011,05:21)
    Mike,
    Body – Hardware
    Soul – Software

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

Yours probably makes more sense, as long as you include Internet in Spirit.

Our software is, say, Windows 7.  This is our base intelligence and memory.  But when hooked to God's Internet, we can learn even more than our base intelligence by Googling more spirit from God.  :)

When we die, we are cut off from the Internet (which is also our power supply in this scenario).  The memory remains intact, but with no power supplied to it, it is useless and remains “unconscious” until power is again supplied to it.

Irene, I understand your point about becoming a living soul.  But that MUST mean that when God breathed into us (breath being the same word as spirit), He “powered us up” and made us a living being.  He just didn't spell out that we became a living soul WITHIN THE BODY HE CREATED FOR US.

Pierre is right that if Jesus speaks of killing the body ONLY and the soul surviving, then “soul” cannot possibly mean “body with a spirit in it”.

And Gene, Revelation speaks of LIVING SOULS under the alter.  I don't know the “body” and “spirit” situation of those mentioned souls, only that they are the souls of those who died defending Christ and the Gospel.

Again guys, I don't claim to KNOW this stuff.  This is just how I understand it right now.

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,17:17)
    Pierre!  I did answer your questions, if there is one I missed name it, and I will be glad to answer it.  The Soul that sinneth it shall die.  The Spirit does not, it goes back to God who gave it…..

Eze 18:27   Again, when the wicked [man] turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.  

Pro 11:25   The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.  

The Spirit does not get fat….This is talking about the body.

I also said in my previous post that I went to the Book of Psalms and in it are many Scriptures that do talk about the Soul being a Spirit being.  But not all Scriptures are….and that my friend you have wrong….
    Peace Irene

Irene

the spirit get fat when it does not do what it should ,just like the body,

Eze 18:27   this is true but it as been offered since Christ to all.

Eze 18:4 how could it be any other way ??

everything belong to God.

this does not change the fact that the soul is the spirit and the body the means for that soul to work its will.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2011,10:26)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 21 2011,05:21)
    Mike,
    Body – Hardware
    Soul – Software

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

Yours probably makes more sense, as long as you include Internet in Spirit.

Our software is, say, Windows 7.  This is our base intelligence and memory.  But when hooked to God's Internet, we can learn even more than our base intelligence by Googling more spirit from God.  :)

When we die, we are cut off from the Internet (which is also our power supply in this scenario).  The memory remains intact, but with no power supplied to it, it is useless and remains “unconscious” until power is again supplied to it.

Irene, I understand your point about becoming a living soul.  But that MUST mean that when God breathed into us (breath being the same word as spirit), He “powered us up” and made us a living being.  He just didn't spell out that we became a living soul WITHIN THE BODY HE CREATED FOR US.

Pierre is right that if Jesus speaks of killing the body ONLY and the soul surviving, then “soul” cannot possibly mean “body with a spirit in it”.

And Gene, Revelation speaks of LIVING SOULS under the alter.  I don't know the “body” and “spirit” situation of those mentioned souls, only that they are the souls of those who died defending Christ and the Gospel.

Again guys, I don't claim to KNOW this stuff.  This is just how I understand it right now.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike! The Souls under the Altar are sleeping in their graves just like all that have died. That Scripture is somewhat deceiving IMO/ Also there is one Scripture that does talk about the Soul being a body.

I don't believe that a Spirit can get fat….

I believe that some Scriptures do say that the Soul is Spirit, but some are not.

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

And don't we sin in the flesh? And the Spirit does not die, it goes back to God who gave it…..It is the body that sinneth and die's……..

Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,10:59)

Mike!  The Souls under the Altar are sleeping in their graves just like all that have died.

They can't be “sleeping in graves” if they are asking God “How long?”  And then they are given white robes to wear, if I remember right.

Pro 11:25   The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.  

This is how the NEW KJV, and many other Bibles translate that verse:

NKJV ©
    The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.

Besides Irene, I don't believe the spirit is the soul.  I believe the soul is our intelligence and memory and feelings.  The spirit is what powers us and connects our OWN intelligence and memories and feelings to God.  The body is simply an outer casing that allows our soul to survive on earth.

ALL bodies die, Irene.  But not all souls.  Jesus says not to fear those who can ONLY kill the body.  We should fear Him, who after killing the body, has the choice of letting the soul live on forever or destroying it in Gehenna (the Lake of Fire).

peace and love to you and Georg,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2011,18:19)

Mike!  The Souls under the Altar are sleeping in their graves just like all that have died.

They can't be “sleeping in graves” if they are asking God “How long?”  And then they are given white robes to wear, if I remember right.

NKJV ©
    The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.

Besides Irene, I don't believe the spirit is the soul.  I believe the soul is our intelligence and memory and feelings.  The spirit is what powers us and connects our OWN intelligence and memories and feelings to God.  The body is simply an outer casing that allows our soul to survive on earth.

ALL bodies die, Irene.  But not all souls.  Jesus says not to fear those who can ONLY kill the body.  We should fear Him, who after killing the body, has the choice of letting the soul live on forever or destroying it in Gehenna (the Lake of Fire).

mike

Mike

if our soul is not from spirit (i mean part of Christ )then so what is the IMAGE and LIKENESS in Gen;1;26

we know the body is made out of dust,

who are the ones “US and OUR” of those comes the IMAGE and the LIKENESS, no???

(i say Christ because we know that God created all things trough Christ)
    Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 21 2011,09:48)
    all

the body and the soul are not the same but men body need the soul and the soul need the body to be active in there will,

the body is made out of the dust of the earth ,but the soul is given by God ,so it is spirit ,this is why only God can kill the soul,

many can kill the body,

as for the soul that sins will die,this is true and will apply more evidently at the second resurrection,the time for the application of that law,what is judgement day.

Pierre

I guess your goal is to reach 10000, is it Pierre? :blues:

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 21 2011,20:17)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 21 2011,09:48)
    all

many can kill the body,

Pierre

I guess your goal is to reach 10000, is it Pierre?   :blues:

Georg

georg

only you are a prophet it seams. :D :D :D

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2011,11:19)

NKJV ©

mike

Mik But Eze, 18:4 does say the Soul that sinneth it shall die.  You say it di=doesn't. that is not according to that Scripture.

And Prov. 11:25 talks about the Soul in this case the body…..That is what mt KJV of the Bible says, and it is the closest the the original transcript………  

Again there are some Scriptures that do say that the Spirit is the Soul.  Go get all Scriptures out of the Concordance in the Psalms.  I did and my conclusion is that some Souls are Spirit.

Mike Are you OK< I sense you are feeling down?????Hope your fine…
    Peace and love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Irene

lets first start with this scripture;Dt 26:16 The LORD your God commands you this day to follow these decrees and laws; carefully observe them with all your heart and with all your soul.

can all this be accomplish by the body ?NO

it is not the flesh that understand the spirit of God;
    the love requested by God for him is not carnal love so it can not be given by the flesh. right ??

Dt 30:2 and when you and your children return to the LORD your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today,
    Dt 30:6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

what live is it talk about here ,? God knows the Israelites will die it says “of your descendants,right
    so it is not the live now(carnal) but the one to come it is the live of the soul trough Christ,

so all men die once for the sin of Adam then the judgement,
    so what live is it the flesh (body) or the soul the spirit who his US ,made to the image and the likeness of the creator.

you can turn it any way you want but explain it by answering what it mean being created to the IMAGE AND THE LIKENESS ???

is it flesh out of dust or the spirit (soul)that return to God until judgement?

1Sa 1:10 In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD.
    1Sa 1:15 “Not so, my lord,” Hannah replied, “I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the LORD

is this a act of the flesh or of the soul (spirit ) of that women?

Job 7:11 “Therefore I will not keep silent;
    I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit,
    I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.

what is the soul of God??
    Ps 11:5 The LORD examines the righteous,
    but the wicked and those who love violence
    his soul hates.

God is spirit is he ??

Ps 35:9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD
    and delight in his salvation.

Jn 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Jn 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

1Co 6:16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”CORUPTION IS FIRST IN THE SPIRIT (SOUL) BEFORE IT IS ACT OUT IN THE FLESH.

Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

so we struggle in our spirit (soul) not flesh.

Phil 3:4 though I myself have reasons for such confidence.
    If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more

there is no glory in the flesh ,but the soul can use the flesh to glorify God and his son by acting in obedience to Gods words.

1Jn 4:2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

well now there is something ,all spirit (soul) acknowledge that Jesus has come in the flesh is from God

how can someone acknowledge Jesus others than by obeying is words and how can you obey unless it is by your spirit or your soul to save your soul ,by dying in Christ.
    God does not save corrupted flesh ,it the soul(spirit ) that he send his son to save.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account