The soul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 645 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………..Living is life (intellect) and Spirit at work in a body makes a Soul. (Spirit) does NOT have to be in a Body as GOD is not a Body IMO, But the “LORD” God is a living SOUL, or a Complete being  because the LORD combined with his SEVEN Spirits , “Jehovah God”  is a complete being, Just as a MAN is a Body with a Spirit in it is a LIVING Soul or compete Being also. God does not have a Soul, God is what can be (IN) a existing Soul which is a Body + Spirit or PERSON,  The Christos is the Anointing of GOD it is  HOLY (set aside) Spirit, that can be added into a person and effects his thinkings. Simple put a SOUL is a COMPLETE LIVING PERSON or BEING. If is  is a man it consists of a Body with Spirits (intellects) in it. IMO

To All…… sorry for the mix up about my perceptions of Spirit i wrote “Spirit does have to be in a body” My error what i meant to write is Spirit does (NOT) have to be In a Body. Sorry I have changed it.

peace and love Pierre……………………………………gene

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Gene,
    First you say God is living SOUL. Then you say God does not have a soul. I think you may have mixed yourself up somehow in that last post. Clarify or try again?

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 31 2011,00:30)
    Terricca………..Living is life (intellect) and Spirit at work in a body makes a Soul. (Spirit) does have to be in a Body as GOD is not a Body IMO, But the “LORD” God is a living SOUL, or a Complete being  because the LORD combined with his SEVEN Spirits , “Jehovah God”  is a complete being, Just as a MAN is a Body with a Spirit in it is a LIVING Soul or compete Being also. God does not have a Soul, God is what can be (IN) a existing Soul which is a Body + Spirit or PERSON,  The Christos is the Anointing of GOD it is  HOLY (set aside) Spirit, that can be added into a person and effects his thinkings. Simple put a SOUL is a COMPLETE LIVING PERSON or BEING. If is  is a man it consists of a Body with Spirits (intellects) in it. IMO

gene

beside answering Wispring question,I would add please answer my questions.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

gene

it seems you do not want to correct your quote and answer my questions

were is you believe in scripture:( :(

Pierre

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Terricca………..Living is life (intellect) and Spirit at work in a body makes a Soul. (Spirit) does have to be in a Body as GOD is not a Body IMO, But the “LORD” God is a living SOUL, or a Complete being  because the LORD combined with his SEVEN Spirits , “Jehovah God”  is a complete being, Just as a MAN is a Body with a Spirit in it is a LIVING Soul or compete Being also. God does not have a Soul, God is what can be (IN) a existing Soul which is a Body + Spirit or PERSON,  The Christos is the Anointing of GOD it is  HOLY (set aside) Spirit, that can be added into a person and effects his thinkings. Simple put a SOUL is a COMPLETE LIVING PERSON or BEING. If is  is a man it consists of a Body with Spirits (intellects) in it. IMO

Did you mean to type?

Terricca………..Living is life (intellect) and Spirit at work in a body makes a Soul. (Spirit) does have to be in a Body as GOD is not a Body IMO, But the “LORD” God is a living SOUL, or a Complete being  because the LORD combined with his SEVEN Spirits , “Jehovah God”  is a complete being, Just as a MAN is a Body with a Spirit in it is a LIVING Soul or compete Being also. God's spirit does not have a Soul, God's spirit is what can be (IN) a existing Soul which is a Body + Spirit or PERSON,  The Christos is the Anointing of GOD it is  HOLY (set aside) Spirit, that can be added into a person and effects his thinkings. Simple put a SOUL is a COMPLETE LIVING PERSON or BEING. If is  is a man it consists of a Body with Spirits (intellects) in it. IMO

I have boldened what I thought you meant to say. This would be in keeping with your theological construct's internal logic. I may be wrong.

With Love and Respect,
                                    Wispring

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 02 2011,21:55)
    Hi Gene,

Did you mean to type?

Terricca………..Living is life (intellect) and Spirit at work in a body makes a Soul. (Spirit) does have to be in a Body as GOD is not a Body IMO, But the “LORD” God is a living SOUL, or a Complete being  because the LORD combined with his SEVEN Spirits , “Jehovah God”  is a complete being, Just as a MAN is a Body with a Spirit in it is a LIVING Soul or compete Being also. God's spirit does not have a Soul, God's spirit is what can be (IN) a existing Soul which is a Body + Spirit or PERSON,  The Christos is the Anointing of GOD it is  HOLY (set aside) Spirit, that can be added into a person and effects his thinkings. Simple put a SOUL is a COMPLETE LIVING PERSON or BEING. If is  is a man it consists of a Body with Spirits (intellects) in it. IMO

I have boldened what I thought you meant to say. This would be in keeping with your theological construct's internal logic. I may be wrong.

With Love and Respect,
                                    Wispring

wispring

it would still not make sence ,or is it ??

Pierre

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

According to scripture the formula body+spirit becomes a soul. Genes logic appears to work in most all cases of the use of the word “soul” in the bible except in God's case. That is why I think as a formula it is somewhat flawed. I like to think of it like this. Start from the source God himself. Scripture shows us that God himself has a Soul. Scripture shows us that God is Spirit. In fact, Infinite Soul and Spirit. I am thinking that when God creates a living soul seperate from himself he incorporates a bit of His Soul and a bit of His Spirit. The whole made in his image logic is what I am using here. The spirit and the soul are the non-physical things. The body while we are on earth is physical. When we die and are ressurected the body is non-physical or physical, yet, spiritual in quality. Not sure on that one because I have not been there and back so to speak. Jesus did return after the cross with a body that was fleshy in feel and appearance. Whether or not that is representative of the spiritual body anyone else would get, I am not certain. Perhaps it is flesh-like, yet, purged of fleshy desires. I can conceive this, however, I am not certain.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 02 2011,23:39)
    Hi Pierre,

According to scripture the formula body+spirit becomes a soul. Genes logic appears to work in most all cases of the use of the word “soul” in the bible except in God's case. That is why I think as a formula it is somewhat flawed. I like to think of it like this. Start from the source God himself. Scripture shows us that God himself has a Soul. Scripture shows us that God is Spirit. In fact, Infinite Soul and Spirit. I am thinking that when God creates a living soul seperate from himself he incorporates a bit of His Soul and a bit of His Spirit. The whole made in his image logic is what I am using here. The spirit and the soul are the non-physical things. The body while we are on earth is physical. When we die and are ressurected the body is non-physical or physical, yet, spiritual in quality. Not sure on that one because I have not been there and back so to speak. Jesus did return after the cross with a body that was fleshy in feel and appearance. Whether or not that is representative of the spiritual body anyone else would get, I am not certain. Perhaps it is flesh-like, yet, purged of fleshy desires. I can conceive this, however, I am not certain.

With Love and Respect,
                              Wispring

wispring

yes i think you are close to what i believe as well

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wispering………God is a living Spirit not a LIVING Soul, I know there is confusion over this The term GOD in ALL and Through ALL is important to consider, because that is “GOD'S” SOUL or BODY He is IN, GOD who is SPIRIT was (IN) Jesus, our bodies are considered Temples for HIM to dwell (IN). Just as He did Jesus. IMO Jesus Now has all seven Spirit of GOD IN him , remember Jesus said the Father (IN) ME(HE) does the works. God truly occupies all his creation all the time or they would just die nothing would be sustaining there life without GOD's Spirit working in them.

Wispring, Paladin explained about where it said GOD has a Soul but not that he said he was a Soul. I try to find it or maybe if he reads this he might explain what he meant by that. But in a sense i agree with it God Has Souls This need to be clarified better that is true, I go by the overall Scripture presentation not always by some one or two scripture translation of some subject.

peace and love………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wispeing ………Check this out brother, I think i Got it thanks brother i will try to incorporate this in my posts.

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ Mar. 30 2011,19:49)
    Hi Gene,
      First you say God is living SOUL. Then you say God does not have a soul. I think you may have mixed yourself up somehow in that last post. Clarify or try again?

With Love and Respect,
                                                              Wispring

Wispring look carefully what I said “the LORD God” is a living Soul. Not GOD Was a Living Soul but the LORD God was. The word LORD and GOD are Not the same . “HEAR O ISREAL THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD .

Hope this clarified what i meant Wispring.

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 03 2011,23:15)

Quote (Wispring @ Mar. 30 2011,19:49)
    Hi Gene,

With Love and Respect,
                                                              Wispring

Wispring look carefully what I said “the LORD God” is a living Soul. Not GOD Was a Living Soul but the LORD God was. The word LORD and GOD are Not the same . “HEAR O ISREAL THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD .

Hope this clarified what i meant Wispring.

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

gene

after my investigation i could not find a scripture that says that God our Lord has a soul,
    the INV, KJV,and many others have miss interpret that verse Ps 11;5

so this is the XXL version the oldies;Psalm 11
    For the end, a Psalm of David.

11:1 In the Lord I have put my trust: how will ye say to my soul, Flee to the mountains as a sparrow? 2 For behold the sinners have bent their bow, they have prepared their arrows for the quiver, to shoot privily at the upright in heart. 3 For they have pulled down what thou didst frame, but what has the righteous done?

4 The Lord is in his holy temple, as for the Lord, his throne is in heaven: his eyes look upon the poor, his eyelids try the sons of men.

5 The Lord tries the righteous and the ungodly: and he that loves unrighteousness hates his own soul.

6 He shall rain upon sinners snares, fire, and brimstone, and a stormy blast shall be the portion of their cup. 7 For the Lord is righteous, and loves righteousness; his face beholds uprightness.

so you can see the difference again this is the KJV;

Ps 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

this is the Darby Version;Ps 11:5 Jehovah trieth the righteous one; but the wicked, and him that loveth violence, his soul hateth.

in this it look like it is God that has a soul ,but not in the XXL

but just as a reminder what the soul is read those scriptures;
    1Th 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

I hope to be of help to you

Pierre

Wispring
    Participant

Hi folks,
      “Lord” is just a title. Thought everyone knew that. I won't debate it. It's a fact. Here are some scriptures that state God has a soul.

Isaiah 1:14 (King James Version)

14Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Jeremiah 5:9 (King James Version)

9Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: and shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?

I am done this this thread if you haven't figured out what Soul or the Soul is by now, go listen to some soul music, maybe that will educate you. Or jazz music which has been called 'music of the soul'. I have been a musician nearly my entire life. I know what soul is. It was interesing to talk about.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                      Wispring

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 04 2011,21:37)
    Hi folks,
      “Lord” is just a title. Thought everyone knew that. I won't debate it. It's a fact. Here are some scriptures that state God has a soul.

14Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

9Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: and shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?

I am done this this thread if you haven't figured out what Soul or the Soul is by now, go listen to some soul music, maybe that will educate you. Or jazz music which has been called 'music of the soul'. I have been a musician nearly my entire life. I know what soul is. It was interesing to talk about.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                      Wispring

wispring

thank you ,I check those two scriptures with my XXL version and they are similar to what is in the KJV version

so again thanks for the info

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………..Paul was saying he hoped GOD would Keep their complete BEING blameless , he was not trying to break down the separate components of a Person, and notice in Hebrew you posted,  it does not say dividing of the Spirit and Body and Soul does it. It just say SOUL and SPIRIT, why because that is all a complete person can be divided in to , the two  components a Soul and a Spirit, the soul is the Nephesh the complete function person a LIVING SOUL, which includes a Body and SPIRIT , this can be divided and is when we die, but no where is mention a separate living Soul leaving the Body nowhere is there In scripture.

Also Jesus seem to think there were only TWO components to a Person that could Parish, the Body and the Soul (the soul consisting of a body and Spirit), where? (in) the GRAVE.  Notice Jesus said do not fear him who could (KILL) the BODY but Not DESTROY IT , But to fear GOD who could DESTROY (BOTH) (two things) body and as a result your soul,  where in the GRAVE. You know as well as I the only thing that an be destoryed in the grave is our Bodies , but when that happens that is it as far as a Living Soul goes we are gone for ever and will remain that way unless GOd reconstructs us another Body and adds Spirit back into it again and then we will be a living soul again, but until that happens we are as dead as a door knob. But while a man can Kill us He can't destory us , why because God can reconstruct us again and bring us back to life. So why fear man who can only temporarily stop our existence but not forever only God can leave us in the grave and not resurrect us and that would destory us for ever. Pierre if this we not the case there would be no need for a resurrection right?

peace and love………………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

I believe as wispring ,there is in this tread enough for someone to understand what it is a SOUL ,

so this is my final contribution to this tread.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…….I think it has been explained enough also.

peace and love…………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

all

since we have only one soul ,we should take care of it with the best available means we have.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 04 2011,14:37)
    Hi folks,

With Love and Respect,
                                                                      Wispring

Wispring……….I was going to post those scriptures to Terricca also. You beat me to it.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

All

I do not remember if someone ask this question ;why is God did not destroy the soul of men immediately after he dies ,and what would be the rule(s) of his judgement on the soul??

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account