The Son of man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 412 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi thetruth,
    Jesus called himself the Son of Man.
    You say he was God in the flesh.
    Is God the son of man?

thetruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2009,12:22)

Hi thetruth,
    Jesus called himself the Son of Man.
    You say he was God in the flesh.
    Is God the son of man?

Jesus is man, but also God in the flesh. Read the Scriptures and your eyes will be opened and you will see the truth. Jesus was born of Mary, and was tortured, then crucified. Something one can only have happen if they are flesh.  The Scriptures have Jesus calling himself the I am as God the Father does, the Alpha and Omega as God the Father does, and the King of kings and Lord of lords. The Greek “Kings” capital “K” is a different Greek word the the lower cases “kings”, as is Lord. Jesus called himself God, now either he is a lier, and therefore our entire Christian beliefs is false, or he is who he says he is. I am going to put my faith in Jesus you put your where ever you like.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Thetruth,
    Are you not one who obeys Jesus and worships his God?
    Jn4,Jn20

thetruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2009,12:55)
    Hi Thetruth,
    Are you not one who obeys Jesus and worships his God?
    Jn4,Jn20

I worship the One true God. Do you? The Scriptures say every knee will bow and tongue confess Jesus as Lord. Do you? The Scriptures have both God the Father and Christ calling themselves, Lord, Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, King of kings, and Lord of lords, and the I am. So the question is why do you continue to disobey Jesus? We have Thomas calling Jesus God. Yet you call him a mere man. Why? I know why Kerwin does, but why do you ignore Scripture? We have John throughout his gospel, and epistles calling Jesus the Word, and Revelation telling us that is Jesus, yet you do not believe the Scriptures. Why do you not love our Lord Jesus? Why is he not good enough for you? Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind as the Scriptures say. What a God to who loves us that he would send a part of himself here to die for us. Us who do not deserve it. Why do you try to take from his love. The love he gives freely to all who choose to except it? Why do you take this awesomeness from him? You have him sending some guy to save us. The Scriptures say he came here himself, as Christ. That is true awesomeness, in that it is indescribable the amount of love that took. Why take that from him? Do you not believe in the Scriptures? Are you like Kerwin and say some verses are correct, while those that do not go along with your doctrine are, “misinterpreted” and/or “mistranslated”? I hope you are smarter then that.
    Peace be to you, and Christ our Lord's Love

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker …..I think Nick's point is how could Jesus be GOD the FATHER and Worship GOD the FATHER also. Jesus plainly said i am going to (MY) GOD and (YOUR) GOD , (MY ) FATHER and (YOUR) FATHER, do you see any difference between Him and US there.

love and peace to you and yours brother…………………………………….gene

thetruth
    Participant

I see the differences, but Jesus also calls himself God. God is three separate but yet one. That is part of his awesomeness. The Scriptures are quite clear regarding this. Jesus said, “If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” Jesus answered: “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.” – John 14:7-10. We have Jesus about to be stoned by the Pharisees because he is claiming to be God. We have Thomas in John saying to Christ after the resurrection, “…My Lord and my God!” – John 20:28. Jesus does not tell him to stop blaspheming. Instead he backs up his statement by saying, “…”Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” – John 20:29  Why didn't he correct Thomas unless he is who Thomas says he is? IN the Great Commission we are told to “…go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,…” Matthew 28:19. In the “name of”, not the “names of”. Singular, not plural names, meaning one with three different names.
    How does Jesus worship God the Father you ask. Simple, he is not God the Father. He is separate, from the Father, but one with God. I have heard it best put this way. The chemical configuration of H2O can be broken into three parts. Liquid, Solid, Vapor all make ups of H2O, yet entirely different. Three different names, one makeup. So is God. You have God the Father, God in the flesh, and God the Holy Spirit. Three separate yet one GOD. The Father is not the Flesh, not The Spirit the Father, yet all are God. So as the solid (ice) is not the liquid (water), and the vapor (steam) is not the solid (ice). Yet they are all H2O. It really is not as difficult as one tries to make it.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Mar. 11 2009,16:09)
    thinker …..I think Nick's point is how could Jesus be GOD the FATHER and Worship GOD the FATHER also. Jesus plainly said i am going to (MY) GOD and (YOUR) GOD , (MY ) FATHER and (YOUR) FATHER, do you see any difference between Him and US there.

Gene,
    Trinitarians do not believe that Jesus is God the Father. They believe that He is God the Son.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker………the question was do you see any difference between Jesus and Us there. Thinker GOD the FATHER can not DIE and is NOT tempted by SIN , as Jesus was and did die also. There is no point for any GOD preexisting being to come and DIE for Us. What point would there be in that. Please explain it, if there is a point for that to happen. I can easly see a man being made perfect by GOd the FATHER , that gives us a (TRUE) example of the Power of the FATHER to Perfect a human being. But to take a already perfect GOD Class and kill him and rebirth him and kill him again , what does that prove to anyone, a perfect being walks perfect “O” well you would expect that from a already perfect being wouldn't you. But to take a 100% pure no advantage in anyway human and perfect him now that proves to us something right. Jesus was the 100% human being without any advantage over us, who GOD the Father perfected a perfect example to Us in every way. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………………………..gene

Participant

Hi thetruth:

You say:

, but Jesus also calls himself God.

I do not believe that this an accurate statement. God the Father called him God:

Hbr 1:8 But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    Hbr 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, [even] thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

But no, I do not believe that Jesus ever called himself God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 12 2009,11:41)

Quote (Gene @ Mar. 11 2009,16:09)

Gene,
    Trinitarians do not believe that Jesus is God the Father. They believe that He is God the Son.

thinker

Hi tt,
    Yes they believe that.
    But such a term never appears in scripture
    and never was found in the mouth of Jesus but only theologians.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

The title “Son of man” was only used by Christ, not those who referred to Christ, but Jesus was always referring to himself, never an Old Testament prophet. Jesus says, “the Son of Man” not “a” son of man. So he is referring to the savior of his people which can only be him. He is the Son of God who came in the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MrS,
    Jesus went to great pains to emphasise his human origins rather than his sonship to God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Jesus is the son of man.
    God is not a son of man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was a son of Adam[man]
    Everyone who would make him rather a superman with a head start makes him harder to follow.
    He was just like us but without sin.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….I believe you are beginning to get it brother. WE must identify with Jesus exactly as we are, a pure Human being, one of US, only a perfected one of Us. Giving Him an advantage over us is an act of denying His true Humanity, and true he was without sin, because of GOD'S presents (IN) Him, Because he was exactly like Us in every way the temptations of Sin were present in Him, but he proved that GOD is Greater and can Keep us from sinning IMO.

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ April 25 2009,10:31)
    Nick……….I believe you are beginning to get it brother. WE must identify with Jesus exactly as we are, a pure Human being, one of US, only a perfected one of Us. Giving Him an advantage over us is an act of denying His true Humanity, and true he was without sin, because of GOD'S presents (IN) Him,  Because he was exactly like Us in every way the temptations of Sin were present in Him, but he proved that GOD is Greater and can Keep us from sinning IMO.

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

Applause! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    All have sinned and adopted sons continue to sin or 1jn1 would not have been written.
    None can claim mastery over sin like our vine.

Only after our adoption does the Father take a full role in guiding, protecting and empowering us.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

All have sinned and adopted sons continue to sin or 1jn1 would not have been written.

But doesn't that choice of interpretation declare that Jesus who is a human has sinned?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    No sin is ascribed to the sons of God.

1Jn5
    18We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

But they do sin.

1Jn1
    8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Ps32
    1Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 25 2009,13:17)
    Hi KW,
    No sin is ascribed to the sons of God.

1Jn5
    18We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

But they do sin.

1Jn1
    8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Ps32
    1Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

I do  not understand how what you wrote answers my question but please consider what follows when you attempt to clarify your answer.  Thank you.

1 John 2:1(KJV) reads

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

“If any man sin” is a condition statement that allows two possible answers.  One answer is that a person sins but the other answer is the person does not sin.  If John allowed for the possibility that an individual does not then why do you use his words to say that a person will or must sin.  That is not what he means since if he did he would not say “if” but would instead use a “when” statement as it is the correct statement under a condition certain to occur.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account