The Son of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 02 2008,11:17)
    Again you both are leaning on Mans works as a saving factor. While the Fruit of God's Spirit will be apparent in the life of a true Christan , the fruit is a work from the Spirit of GOD, Not from the mans (own self). “it is God who works in us (BOTH) to will and do of (HIS) good pleasure. WE are supposed to put (OURSELVES) to death remember, So how could a dead person produce anything himself. 1 Cor 15:10 …but by the grace of God I am what i am: and His Grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all. YET NOT I , BUT THE GRACE OF GOD WHICH WAS WITH ME.  Nick you present the talent as if it's the persons own talent , when in fact it is not his talent , but the masters talent So what ever use that talent does it is the masters doing , the servant merely places it in the proper place to give an increase to the master, not himself.

Amen to that post brother Gene,
    God is the one working in us to His will and good pleasure.

Thanks and love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    So who is the US?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….All who have HIS Spirit in them.

peace ………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    To be given the Spirit requires of us a response.
    We must allow ourselves to be led by the Spirit.

We must walk in the Spirit.

Gal5

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 02 2008,18:12)
    Hi Gm,
    So who is the US?

Hi brother Nick,
    I am not able to understand logic behind asking such question to me. What is your problem here ? are you not able to see the true brothers in Christ who are led by the Spirit of God ?

Please see the goodness and love in others then you will appreciate all brothers in Christ.
    Sorry to point out this
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Thank you for affirming universalism is fake.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some forget the Son.
    1 John 3:23
    This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi the thinker,
    Do you believe Jesus is the son of God or God Himself?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Jesus is the son of God.
    God is the Father[Jn8.54]
    True worshipers worship the Father[jn4]

Are you a true worshiper?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who think God is a trinity must try to prove Jesus is not the Son of God.
    So now we see an attempt to make it just a title.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2009,10:02)
    Hi,
    Those who think God is a trinity must try to prove Jesus is not the Son of God.
    So now we see an attempt to make it just a title.

The trinity is nonsense but that does not mean Son of God is not a title. It is certainly not a meaningless title as you are saying some Trinitarians insist. It is a title that represents kinship of the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The monogenes Son of God is not a title but a person.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2009,13:05)
    Hi KW,
    The monogenes Son of God is not a title but a person.

The Queen is a title and a person so I am not getting the distinction you are attempting to make.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So is king and lord but sons have fathers.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2009,13:20)
    Hi KW,
    So is king and lord but sons have fathers.

Father is also a title the denotes relationship.

One person can be both a father and a son but they cannot be either their own father or their own son either as that would be recursive.

I guess God could say “I went back in time and begot myself through the Spirit”.    :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Why not believe God when he said in Ps2?

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

And pro30
    4Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes, brother Nick,
    Mere quoting that God has begotten a son will not help us.
    Please explain how he has begotten a son? In what manner? Can God procreate something like we human do?

There lies the answer for those jugglery of all those words.

Thanks
    Adam

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: Is God a trinity? Is this the big question? Are we talking about the creator of all things? People have formed many Gods in their minds, which God are we talking about. The God that Jesus revealed is all and in all. Everything that is came from God. God has no description, he is limitless. Any name or framework would be a limitation for God. Because God is we are. Is God a trinity? There are trillions of aspect of God, not just three, but including the three.Was Jesus the Son of God? How was he conceived? If you believe that an Angel spoke to Mary and she believed his words and conception and birth followed then Jesus was born of Gods words, just like anyone who believes what Jesus tell us now. We are recreated or born again of the word of God just like Jesus was. If Jesus says we have the Kingdom of God within then it is! If you don't believe that, it's ok, you will not experience that Truth in this life. We are all free to choose to believe our own Truth. We will experience whatever we choose to accept as our belief in God.We need to stop hammering others for their choice of beliefs. Its their truth. If it aligns with God it is the Truth, if it doesn't align it is not of the Truth. Peace to all TK

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 24 2009,16:37)
    Hey Nick: Is God a trinity? Is this the big question? Are we talking about the creator of all things? People have formed many Gods in their minds, which God are we talking about. The God that Jesus revealed is all and in all. Everything that is came from God. God has no description, he is limitless. Any name or framework would be a limitation for God. Because God is we are. Is God a trinity? There are trillions of aspect of God, not just three, but including the three.Was Jesus the Son of God? How was he conceived? If you believe that an Angel spoke to Mary and she believed his words and conception and birth followed then Jesus was born of Gods words, just like anyone who believes what Jesus tell us now. We are recreated or born again of the word of God just like Jesus was. If Jesus says we have the Kingdom of God within then it is! If you don't believe that, it's ok, you will not experience that Truth in this life. We are all free to choose to believe our own Truth. We will experience whatever we choose to accept as our belief in God.We need to stop hammering others for their choice of beliefs. Its their truth. If it aligns with God it is the Truth, if it doesn't align it is not of the Truth. Peace to all TK

Are you saying the truth of gospel is subjective?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You must be reborn from above.

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account