The Son of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    My name comes from India but that was only a family name “Gollamudi” infact my name is Adam.
    You seems to believe in Trinity of God in different perspective than of the Niceane. Read carefully there is no mention of this Triune God but there is only One God mentioned every where in the Bible. People see God from their pre-conceived ideas or what they can perceive of Him like the olden days' story about four blind men who could touch and felt how an elephant look like; one touched its legs and said that an elephant is a big pillar; second one touched its ears and told that an elephant is like big winnowing fork; third touched its trunk and told that an elephant is like big pipe and fourth blind man touched its tail and told that an elephant is like a big painting brush. In the same way we Christians are seing God from different angles and perspectives and defining Him in our own way. I think most of our logics about God are foolish interpretations like those blind men who tried to define an elephant how it looked like.

Hope God gives us clear picture of Him to understand Him in full.

Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 03 2008,09:52)

Quote (gollamudi @ Sep. 01 2008,23:55)
    So OXY, Jesus was another God besides One God in the beginning as you quote the 'word' in Jn 1:1 as Jesus ?

Hi Gollamudi (interesting name, where did it come from?)

There is indeed one God.  I am not a trinitarian as described by some in this forum in that I do not see God as being made up of 3 equal “beings”.

In my earlier days on my journey of discovery I did not understand the makeup of God, but I do have a better understanding of it now thanks to some insight He gave me on my request.

He told me to look at myself. Am I not made up of three distinctly different parts, being body soul and spirit?  Is any of those three parts not part of me?  Yet I am one.  Are we not made in the image of God?  Didn't THEY say “Let us make man in our own image”?

Yet sometimes the three parts of me don't agree.  The flesh can lust after material things, yet the spirit (which includes the conscience) will conflict with the flesh.  In the end my soul (identity) decides the direction I will go.

This is by no means a picture of our God, how can man compare?  But it is an example of three beings in one.  The Father is supreme, the Son does as His Father directs, and the Spirit makes known to us the things of God.  Having said that, all authority has been given to the Son, but will be returned to the Father.

So in conclusion, there is one God:
    Father, who is above all.
    Word, who was with God and was God, and has been returned to His former glory with the Father
    Holy Spirit, who speaks to us and teaches us, comforts us etc.

There are some questions I have with your revelation from God regarding the Trinity and it's “beings”.

You say that you have looked at yourself and found three parts: mind, body and soul. However as that idea relates to God it becomes a bit unclear? You see the bible teaches us that indeed Jesus has a mind of his own! If the Father has a mind and the Son has a mind – that's two minds. Wouldn't there need to be, at least, two “beings” then?

Thanks,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Good question Mandy.

Quote (epistemaniac @ Aug. 31 2008,15:15)
    In the Scriptures the term “first born” of course can mean the literal first born child in a chronological sense, but it can also be a title of honor… now, we know (or we should know) that the Scriptures do not contradict themselves, right? OK…. so we look at the following verse….

Genesis 41:51 (ESV) Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh. “For,” he said, “God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father’s house.”

so… pretty straightforward really……. ok… next we read….

Genesis 46:20 (ESV) And to Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manasseh and Ephraim, whom Asenath, the daughter of Potiphera the priest of On, bore to him. “

so….  Manasseh was first born and he had a brother whose name was Ephraim….. BUT….. we ALSO read…..

Jeremiah 31:9 (ESV) With weeping they shall come, and with pleas for mercy I will lead them back, I will make them walk by brooks of water, in a straight path in which they shall not stumble, for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.”

!!!! whats this?!!! does the Bible contradict itself after all? Not if “first born” is a title of preeminence and honor…… and that is exactly the sort if description we read here….

Psalms 89:26-27 (ESV)
    26 He shall cry to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’ 27 And I will make him the firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth.

A further proof of this is the story of how Ephraim and Manasseh came to be regarded by the patriarch Israel…

Genesis 48:13-20 (ESV)
    13 And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel’s left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel’s right hand, and brought them near him. 14 And Israel stretched out his right hand and laid it on the head of Ephraim, who was the younger, and his left hand on the head of Manasseh, crossing his hands (for Manasseh was the firstborn). 15 And he blessed Joseph and said, “The God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked, the God who has been my shepherd all my life long to this day, 16 the angel who has redeemed me from all evil, bless the boys; and in them let my name be carried on, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.” 17 When Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand on the head of Ephraim, it displeased him, and he took his father’s hand to move it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s head. 18 And Joseph said to his father, “Not this way, my father; since this one is the firstborn, put your right hand on his head.” 19 But his father refused and said, “I know, my son, I know. He also shall become a people, and he also shall be great. Nevertheless, his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his offspring shall become a multitude of nations.” 20 So he blessed them that day, saying, “By you Israel will pronounce blessings, saying, ‘God make you as Ephraim and as Manasseh.’ ” Thus he put Ephraim before Manasseh.

So Jesus being called “first born” does not HAVE to mean that He was created, or to say with the theologians, that there was a time when He was not. Rather it is very reasonable to say that the Scriptures support the idea that the Son has always existed. that He is immortal, eternal, or, that there never was a time when Jesus was not….. and that the title “first born” has nothing to do with Jesus' birth order, and everything to do with Him having the highest place of honor… and if this is so, we would expect the Scriptures to discuss the preeminence of Christ in association with the title “firstborn”, and that is exactly what we find…

Colossians 1:18 (ESV) And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.

blessings,
    Ken

Hi E

Exactly!

Excellent post.

WJ

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 03 2008,17:19)

So OXY, Jesus was another God besides One God in the beginning as you quote the 'word' in Jn 1:1 as Jesus ?

There is indeed one God.  I am not a trinitarian as described by some in this forum in that I do not see God as being made up of 3 equal “beings”.

In my earlier days on my journey of discovery I did not understand the makeup of God, but I do have a better understanding of it now thanks to some insight He gave me on my request.

He told me to look at myself. Am I not made up of three distinctly different parts, being body soul and spirit?  Is any of those three parts not part of me?  Yet I am one.  Are we not made in the image of God?  Didn't THEY say “Let us make man in our own image”?

Yet sometimes the three parts of me don't agree.  The flesh can lust after material things, yet the spirit (which includes the conscience) will conflict with the flesh.  In the end my soul (identity) decides the direction I will go.

This is by no means a picture of our God, how can man compare?  But it is an example of three beings in one.  The Father is supreme, the Son does as His Father directs, and the Spirit makes known to us the things of God.  Having said that, all authority has been given to the Son, but will be returned to the Father.

Word, who was with God and was God, and has been returned to His former glory with the Father

There are some questions I have with your revelation from God regarding the Trinity and it's “beings”.

You say that you have looked at yourself and found three parts:  mind, body and soul.  However as that idea relates to God it becomes a bit unclear?  You see the bible teaches us that indeed Jesus has a mind of his own!  If the Father has a mind and the Son has a mind – that's two minds.  Wouldn't there need to be, at least, two “beings” then?

Thanks,
    Mandy

Mandy

I think this is a good example of how most read post.

“In part”. Its easy to see and hear only what we want to.

If you look at Oxy's post again, I think you will see the answer to your question.

WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 04 2008,02:30)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 03 2008,17:19)

You say that you have looked at yourself and found three parts:  mind, body and soul.  However as that idea relates to God it becomes a bit unclear?  You see the bible teaches us that indeed Jesus has a mind of his own!  If the Father has a mind and the Son has a mind – that's two minds.  Wouldn't there need to be, at least, two “beings” then?

Thanks,
    Mandy

Mandy

I think this is a good example of how most read post.

“In part”. Its easy to see and hear only what we want to.

If you look at Oxy's post again, I think you will see the answer to your question.

WJ

I read it three times!

My question stands, thanks though.

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

I am not a trinitarian as described by some in this forum in that I do not see God as being made up of 3 equal “beings”.

Keith,

Am I to assume you agree with Oxy here?  Sounds like another brand of Trinitarianism to me?

Thanks,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Exactly Sis.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 04 2008,05:34)

I am not a trinitarian as described by some in this forum in that I do not see God as being made up of 3 equal “beings”.

Keith,

Am I to assume you agree with Oxy here?  Sounds like another brand of Trinitarianism to me?

Thanks,
    Mandy

Mandy

No! I cannot speak for Oxy. But I believe in “One” divine being.

Not three.

One God, Three persons, One Spirit.

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 28 2008,22:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 27 2008,10:35)
    Hi WJ,
    What is divine nature?
    Please detail what you know of it

NH

There is only “One” divine being.

Yeshua is not a partaker of the divine nature of God.

He is in nature all that God is. Heb 1:3

Now a question for you.

Tell me in what sense is Yeshua's nature less than God? ???

???

WJ

Was he a partaker in human nature? Scripture says that he partook of the flesh. In doing so, that qualified him as a man.

So if we will be like him or can be like him and we can partake of divine nature, then does he also partake, being that he has first place in all things?

If he doesn't partake in the Father's nature, then there are only 2 options:

1) He is not and never partook of divine nature, even though we can
    2) He is the source of divine nature, the Father of that nature.

If you believe the second option, then I remind you of these words:

Luke 18:19
    “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

James 1:17
    Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Even Jesus said that he does and says what he sees his Father doing and saying.

Jesus is not the source, God his Father is. There is a reason why God is called the Father. A Father by definition is a source. The Heavenly Father is the one true God and Jesus owes all that he has and is, to his Father, who is our Father and our God.

There is also a reason why Jesus is called the image of God. That by its very definition rules him out to be the source or the Father.

Thanks for listening.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 04 2008,20:47)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 04 2008,05:34)

Keith,

Thanks,
    Mandy

Mandy

No! I cannot speak for Oxy. But I believe in “One” divine being.

Not three.

One God, Three persons, One Spirit.

WJ

You believe and teach in one divine substance and that 3 persons spawn from the substance.

Look at yourself WJ?

Are you are substance?

Or are you a person who is of a particular substance?

When you talk to other members here, do you address the substance (flesh), or the person?

Yet you must address the substance when you address God, because the God that you teach is only one in substance, because your God is 3 persons.

How confusing. I prefer the scriptures, they are much more truthful and simple.

For us, there is one God, the Father.

For others, there is one God, the Father, Son, Spirit.

gollamudi
    Participant

Spirit is the substance that is common to God and Jesus ..IMO

Tiffany
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is of the Father His Spirit, then the Son who came forth from the Father and our Heavenly Father, who is above all. It is God's Holy Spirit that combines us all and brings us to God. We have received it at Baptism and without God's Holy Spirit we could not understand the things of God.
    Peace and Love Irene

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi Gollumudi

I agree
    Was Jesus the son of GOD or the son of the Holy Spirit?
    In Matthew 1 the angel told Mary that the child born in her was OF the Holy Ghost.
    In John 4 Jesus told the woman at the well that GOD is a Spirit…

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Sep. 14 2008,15:37)

Hi GM,
    Spirit is not substance.

He was of his own spirit till baptised in the Spirit of God at the Jordan.
    From that moment he shared unity of Spirit with God.
    We can follow him.

gollamudi
    Participant

Of course spirit is not any material substance brother Nick but is the bond between Father and Son as well as with all others children of God.

Thanks and blessings
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All….HOLY SPIRIT it the common tie of all the children of God, from the first to the last. It is the intellect of God, ” and if this mind be in you which was (ALSO) in Christ Jesus our Lord, (IT) shall quicken your mortal bodies also”.

love and peace to all……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Intellect?
    Intellect is of the Mind.
    Spirit is Spirit.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 30 2008,04:51)
    To All….HOLY SPIRIT it the common tie of all the children of God, from the first to the last. It is the intellect of God, ” and if this mind be in you which was (ALSO) in Christ Jesus our Lord,  (IT) shall quicken your mortal bodies also”.

love and peace to all……………..gene

Thanks for that post brother Gene,
    Indeed Holy Spirit is means of possessing the mind of God as well as the mind of Christ.

Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Is not the mind of Christ developed in us?

Gal4
    19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Yet the Spirit is given freely
    Gal3

2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

No the mind of God is not His Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account