The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus promised he would come back to his brothers and only they would SEE him. That vision was not by human eyes. He also promised His Father God and he would return in jn14. He was elaborating on the SPIRITUAL unity he shares with His God that he had spoken of earlier on in Jn14.

He and his Father did return to them as the Spirit in Acts 2.

The Lord Jesus and his God are as the Spirit.

Communion with God and His son is now in the body temple, communion of the Holy Spirit[1Cor2,.2Jn9]

2Cor13.14
    The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Lightenup
    Participant

Good job Nick,
    I agree!

Their spiritual unity has existed since the Son existed before creation.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2010,17:55)
    Hi LU,
    Jesus promised he would come back to his brothers and only they would SEE him. That vision was not by human eyes.  He also promised His Father God and he would return in jn14. He was elaborating on the SPIRITUAL unity he shares with His God that he had spoken of earlier on in Jn14.

Communion with God and His son is now in the body temple, communion of the Holy Spirit[1Cor2,.2Jn9]

2Cor13.14
    The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Nick

So lets just trash the scriptures that says the Father and Jesus would send the Holy Spirit! Right.

Why did you leave out verses 16 and 17 in John 14 where Jesus said he would pray the Father send “another comforter” even the Spirit of truth?

And how does your view fit with Matt 28:19?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lU,
    No.
    Jesus was not one with God in any way till he obeyed God's will and was found clean at the jordan to be given a share of God's Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 25 2010,10:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2010,17:55)
    Hi LU,
    Jesus promised he would come back to his brothers and only they would SEE him. That vision was not by human eyes.  He also promised His Father God and he would return in jn14. He was elaborating on the SPIRITUAL unity he shares with His God that he had spoken of earlier on in Jn14.

2Cor13.14

Nick

So lets just trash the scriptures that says the Father and Jesus would send the Holy Spirit! Right.

Why did you leave out verses 16 and 17 in John 14 where Jesus said he would pray the Father send “another comforter” even the Spirit of truth?

And how does your view fit with Matt 28:19?

WJ

Hi WJ,
    God and Jesus share God's Spirit.

That Spirit is sent from heaven to be shared also by those in the church.

Where is your problem?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Jesus is an advocate and comforter.
    While he is in heaven his Spirit is sent too.

Has Mt28.19 any supporting verses?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2010,19:36)
    Hi lU,
    No.
    Jesus was not one with God in any way till he obeyed God's will and was found clean at the jordan to be given a share of God's Spirit.

Nick,
    God refers to Jesus as “His own arm” and the Jews worshiped God and His arm as one, echad-unity. With this “arm” (the Son) God also founded the earth and spread out the heavens. So the “oneness” has been there between the Father and the Son since before God founded the earth and spread out the heavens. The Father considered the Son so much a part of Himself that He said that He spread out the heavens alone.

Isa 59:16
    Then His own arm brought salvation to Him, And His righteousness upheld Him.
    NASU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God is not worshipped as an arm.
    God uses many vessels.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

The Jews did not separate God from His outstretched arm in their concept and worship of Him. In fact they used singular pronouns when speaking of the God with the outstretched arm. His outstretched arm was not flesh until it took on the flesh in Mary.

Jer 27:5
    5 “I have made the earth, the men and the beasts which are on the face of the earth by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and I will give it to the one who is pleasing in My sight.
    NASU

John 12:37-41
    37 But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him.
    38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT? AND TO WHOM HAS THE ARM OF THE LORD BEEN REVEALED?”
    39 For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again,
    40 “HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEART, SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED AND I HEAL THEM.”
    41 These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him.
    NASU

Before He revealed His arm as His Son, God came across as one being. After the Son was revealed we realize that God was the Father and the Son. The Son was with the Father as God of Israel. The Son was as if He were God's own arm. Isaiah saw the glory of that “arm of God” and wrote about Him, (the Son).

This is what Isaiah wrote:
    Isa 53:1-5
    53 Who has believed our message? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
    2 For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, And like a root out of parched ground; He has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him, Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
    3 He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
    4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
    5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
    NASU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God does not have separate arms to be worshiped as gods.
    The finger or arm of God was revealed IN Jesus.
    God has visited His people

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    The arm was part of the God that was worshiped. They didn't divide Him into certain body parts and worship Him in parts. They worshiped Him as a whole which included His arm.

The arm of God was revealed AS Jesus. Read:

Isa 53:1-2
    53 Who has believed our message? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
    2 For He (the arm of the Lord) grew up before Him (the Lord) like a tender shoot, And like a root out of parched ground; He (the arm of the Lord) has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him (the arm of the Lord), Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him (the arm of the Lord).
    NASU

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi,

Are you converting back towards you Trinitarians beliefs? Do you now think Jesus and God are equally God Almighty?

peace and love,
    mike

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    From the Jordan.. God [as Spirit ]was in him reconciling the world to Himself.

God has visited his people.

No binity

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Was God then incomplete lacking an arm when Jesus came?
    Was the power of God shown by his own attrributes [Phil2]or God in him?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 24 2010,22:57)
    Hi Kathi,

Are you converting back towards you Trinitarians beliefs?  Do you now think Jesus and God are equally God Almighty?

peace and love,
    mike

Mike,
    No I am not returning to trinitarianism. I believe God's arm spoken of in the OT was revealed as God's Son and that the Father with the Son are together the God that the Jews worshiped although their concept of God was one being but we find out there are two beings. They should both still be worshiped together as they were in the OT. This time, not as the God with the outstretched arm but as God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I think that with the Son being just the arm of God would indicate an inequality to the rest of Him, wouldn't you? I still believe that the Son had a begotten type of beginning and His main purpose was to be the means for the Father to create His creation and to reach out to His creation and save them if need be.

Understand?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    If Jesus was a part of God why do you say we should worship him and his God?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2010,22:59)
    Hi LU,
    Was God then incomplete lacking an arm when Jesus came?
    Was the power of God shown by his own attrributes [Phil2]or God in him?

Nick,
    God's arm was not at His side, as before, but His arm was not separated from Him spiritually, His arm (the Son) continued being His arm in our realm and returned to God's side when the Son ascended. Now, Their spirit can live within us and we don't have to be separated from Them for their abode can be within us.

NIV ©
    biblegateway Joh 17:5
    And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

NET ©
    And now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory I had with you before the world was created.

The Son had His own attributes such as He had His own knowledge and will to name a couple which He displayed but before He went to the cross, He was about His Father's business with the miracles, signs and wonders, for example, which was the Father working through Him. He finished His Father's work before He laid down His own life by His own act.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So the child of Mary was the arm of God? Seemed an ordinary if knowlegeable boy.
    Then God's Spirit was poured into him equipping him for ministry.
    Of what relevance was his previous life to his ministry?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God did mighty things through His Son.. but you think it was by the son's own power?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The arm is of power and Jesus healed.
    Jesus also revealed the words and wisdom of God.
    But only because of his submission and his mighty infilling with God's Spirit

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account