The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…..consider this Gen 9:9-10…..> And I Behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10…. And with every living (soul) which is with you, fowl as well as cattle, and all the animals of the earth with you, of all that has gone out of the ark..every (animal) of the earth.

Here God said that a soul includes animals.

Ecc 3:21 …> Who knows the spirit of the childern of men? (DOES) it go upwards? and the spirit of the beast, (DOES) it go downwards into the earth.

Prov 20:27…..> Man's spirit (IS) the lamp of Jehovah, searching all the inner parts of the belly.

When a man dies the Spirit returns back to him who gave it in the first place, and His body corrupts in the grave and return back to the earth from where it came. He ceases to exist any longer, and if GOD were to decide to leave us that way we would never again exist, He would be destroyed in the grave forever. So you can see how it is crucial for us to be resurected and Have a body with spirit added into it again for us to be a living soul. That is what determines our future EXISTENCE. Understanding this can cause us to know the fear of the LORD. OUR very existence, Life or death is in HIS Hands (ONLY) and what ever He Chooses to Do with us will be done. Resurrect us by creating a new body and add Spirit back into it or Just leave us in the grave and we never will exist again.

Psa 88:5 ….Prostrate among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave; whom thou remember no more, and who are cut off from they hand.

Psa 88:11…..> Shall thy loving-kindness be declared in the grave? Thy faithfulness in (DESTRUCTION).
    This is the state of the dead they are in a state of destruction never to exist again unless GOD the FATHER resurrects them and by creating a New Body and adding Spirit into it again and they became a LIVING SOUL Again. This is our Hope as was Jesus' when he died.

peace and love to you all………..gene

Lightenup
    Participant

1 Peter 3:18-20
    18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
    19 in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,
    20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.
    NASU
    Interesting passage.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2010,04:53)
    18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
    20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.
    NASU
    Interesting passage.

Hi LU:

And so, what is your understanding of these scriptures?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 16 2010,15:15)

NASU
    Interesting passage.

Hi LU:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    I am not sure what this means exactly but I think that when He was made alive in the Spirit, the spirit here is a body type and not the inner spirit of a being like it often means. The spirit apart from the body is dead, so since He was made alive, He had to have a body.

At some point, He made a proclamation to the “spirits in prison” and I assume those are spirit beings that have also died in the flesh but have gone to Hades. The Bible says that God did not abandon the Son's soul to Hades but it doesn't say that He didn't go there at all, for whatever reason.

I think that it is possible that Jesus went to Hades in a spirit type of body after His flesh died on the cross, and there proclaimed His victory and that this is before His body was resurrected.

I'm still studying it over. What are your thoughts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU.
    Wrong way around.
    The body without a spirit is dead.

Lightenup
    Participant

Good one Nick,

James 2:26
    26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
    NASU

So the spirit can live apart from the body but the body cannot live apart from the spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    spirit can mean soul in scripture.
    The spirit of Jesus LEFT HIM at calvary.
    He was made alive in the anointing Spirit of God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Do you think that Jesus' spirit ever died and if so, where does it say this? In my understanding, the spirit of a man does not die but can be destroyed. I might be wrong there but I don't think so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The spirit of a man does not die but returns to God.[Ecc12]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Yes the Spirit of the Lord is sent to enable men to be joined in his Body.
    Then on his return they rise to meet him in the air.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I know you enjoy Posting to me, but MY LAST POST on this thread was on Page 43 to LightenUp (Click Here)?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    This is a public forum.
    If you want a private conversation PM.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

When 'you' Post using someones name (mine in this case) isn't it because of something “they” said?

Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    And all are welcome to contribute.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Perhaps your first Post on this thread (the reason for mine) was meant for me on another thread?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There is no God but one.
    For us there is one God.

Any vessel God uses does not become Him.

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2010,17:00)

NASU
    Interesting passage.

Hi LU:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    I am not sure what this means exactly but I think that when He was made alive in the Spirit, the spirit here is a body type and not the inner spirit of a being like it often means.  The spirit apart from the body is dead, so since He was made alive, He had to have a body.

At some point, He made a proclamation to the “spirits in prison” and I assume those are spirit beings that have also died in the flesh but have gone to Hades.  The Bible says that God did not abandon the Son's soul to Hades but it doesn't say that He didn't go there at all, for whatever reason.  

I think that it is possible that Jesus went to Hades in a spirit type of body after His flesh died on the cross, and there proclaimed His victory and that this is before His body was resurrected.

I'm still studying it over.  What are your thoughts?

Hi LU:

I have studied and prayed about this and I believe that there should be a period after the word spirit and after the word prison.

And so, the scripture would read as follows:

1 Peter 3:18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.  3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.

The following scripture is a separate thought although it does refer to the spirits in prisons.  He did not preach to these, but Noah did, and they disobeyed.

1 Peter 3:20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein, that is eight souls were saved by water.

The following scripture identifies to whom Jesus preached in the Spirit:

1 Peter 4:6 For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead (spirits in prison) that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 22 2010,21:51)

NASU
    Interesting passage.

Hi LU:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    I am not sure what this means exactly but I think that when He was made alive in the Spirit, the spirit here is a body type and not the inner spirit of a being like it often means.  The spirit apart from the body is dead, so since He was made alive, He had to have a body.

At some point, He made a proclamation to the “spirits in prison” and I assume those are spirit beings that have also died in the flesh but have gone to Hades.  The Bible says that God did not abandon the Son's soul to Hades but it doesn't say that He didn't go there at all, for whatever reason.  

Hi LU:

I have studied and prayed about this and I believe that there should be a period after the word spirit and after the word prison.

1 Peter 3:18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.  3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.

The following scripture is a separate thought although it does refer to the spirits in prisons.  He did not preach to these, but Noah did, and they disobeyed.

1 Peter 3:20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein, that is eight souls were saved by water.

1 Peter 4:6 For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead (spirits in prison) that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    The NET Bible has a period there too. See here:

1 Peter 3:18 30 Because Christ also suffered 31 once for sins,
    the just for the unjust, 32
    to bring you to God,
    by being put to death in the flesh
    but 33 by being made alive in the spirit. 34
    3:19 In it 35 he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 36
    3:20 after they were disobedient long ago 37 when God patiently waited 38 in the days of Noah as an ark was being constructed. In the ark 39 a few, that is eight souls, were delivered through water.

Also, here are the translator's notes on this 18th verse:

36 sn And preached to the spirits in prison. The meaning of this preaching and the spirits to whom he preached are much debated. It is commonly understood to be: (1) Christ’s announcement of his victory over evil to the fallen angels who await judgment for their role in leading the Noahic generation into sin; this proclamation occurred sometime between Christ’s death and ascension; or (2) Christ’s preaching of repentance through Noah to the unrighteous humans, now dead and confined in hell, who lived in the days of Noah. The latter is preferred because of the temporal indications in v. 20a and the wider argument of the book. These verses encourage Christians to stand for righteousness and try to influence their contemporaries for the gospel in spite of the suffering that may come to them. All who identify with them and their Savior will be saved from the coming judgment, just as in Noah’s day.

I do not see a difference between a period here or a semicolon, to me it doesn't change anything.

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 23 2010,15:52)

Quote (942767 @ April 22 2010,21:51)

NASU
    Interesting passage.

Hi LU:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Hi LU:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    The NET Bible has a period there too.  See here:

1 Peter 3:18 30 Because Christ also suffered 31  once for sins,
    the just for the unjust, 32
    to bring you to God,
    by being put to death in the flesh
    but 33  by being made alive in the spirit. 34
    3:19 In it 35  he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 36
    3:20 after they were disobedient long ago 37  when God patiently waited 38  in the days of Noah as an ark was being constructed. In the ark 39  a few, that is eight souls, were delivered through water.

Also, here are the translator's notes on this 18th verse:

36 sn And preached to the spirits in prison. The meaning of this preaching and the spirits to whom he preached are much debated. It is commonly understood to be: (1) Christ’s announcement of his victory over evil to the fallen angels who await judgment for their role in leading the Noahic generation into sin; this proclamation occurred sometime between Christ’s death and ascension; or (2) Christ’s preaching of repentance through Noah to the unrighteous humans, now dead and confined in hell, who lived in the days of Noah. The latter is preferred because of the temporal indications in v. 20a and the wider argument of the book. These verses encourage Christians to stand for righteousness and try to influence their contemporaries for the gospel in spite of the suffering that may come to them. All who identify with them and their Savior will be saved from the coming judgment, just as in Noah’s day.

I do not see a difference between a period here or a semicolon, to me it doesn't change anything.

Hi LU:

In putting a period at the end of prison, it shows that they are two distinct thoughts.

Jesus certainly did not preach to anyone when he was dead. If he did preach to spirits who are in prison, it would have been after his resurrection.

Maybe to these:

Jude 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day

2 Peter 2:4
    For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account