The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 16 2010,12:36)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,12:31)
    Hi 94,
    The Lord Jesus was filled with God's Spirit and was made to be the source of God's Spirit for us.
    His words are spirit and life. The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy[rev19]
    Thy word is truth.[jn17] Hunger for the words of eternal life.

Ok. So, that is what I said in the beginning.  Did you learn something from me, after all?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Did you?
    You told us our spirit is our works.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi 94,
    He died spiritually?
    What on earth does that mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Adam was never alive in the Spirit of God.
    He was only given a spirit of the breath of God and that did not leave him till a biblical day was nearly over.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,13:09)

Quote (942767 @ April 16 2010,12:36)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,12:31)
    Hi 94,
    The Lord Jesus was filled with God's Spirit and was made to be the source of God's Spirit for us.
    His words are spirit and life. The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy[rev19]
    Thy word is truth.[jn17] Hunger for the words of eternal life.

Ok. So, that is what I said in the beginning.  Did you learn something from me, after all?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Did you?
    You told us our spirit is our works.

And so, when you obey the Word of God, are those works or what?

Jesus said the Words that he was speaking were spirit and they are life.  When do they become spirit or life in a believer?  Is it not when the Word of God is obeyed?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    All in Christ is of grace.

Man's striving is more uselessness.

“Cease striving and know that I am God.” Ps 46.10

“Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit” Zech 4.6

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,13:43)
    Hi 94,
    All in Christ is of grace.

Man's striving is more uselessness.

“Cease striving and know that I am God.”  Ps 46.10

“Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit”   Zech 4.6

Hi Nick:

1 John 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1 John 5

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Matthew 7:21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Jesus said “if you love me keep my commandments”, and I do and so I do.

Enough said?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The commands of Jesus were.

Come.
    You must be born again.
    Follow me.
    Love one another as I have loved you.
    Wait till you are empowered from on high………

etc

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,13:53)
    Hi 94,
    The commands of Jesus were.

Come.
    You must be born again.
    Follow me.
    Love one another as I have loved you.
    Wait till you are empowered from on high………

etc

And so, how do you love others as he has loved us?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi 94,
    Grace.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi 94,
    Love ONE ANOTHER is love towards the brothers, not the world.
    Treat others as you would have them treat you is towards the world.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 16 2010,12:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,10:51)
    Hi Irene,
    The mind that must be transformed by renewal unto the mind of Christ?
    Men love their own ideas but most thoughts are vain.

And when it is transformed  then what? this does not answer my question, again what will happen to our minds, it is still ours, whether transformed or not….You know what Nick, your mind is so negative, I don;'t believe that Jesus mind is so that way….do you always have to become personal?  How would you know if any of our minds is transformed or not?  I believe the members that come here are really trying to be like Christ.  We all grow in different stages I believe… knowing what I believed even a year ago shows me that….And if we don't see a change, we better start to worry….
    Irene

Nick! So since you ignore my Question, I have to believe that you don't know what is going to happen to our minds, even after we are transformed in the the mind of Jesus. It is still our mind. So you don;t know, do you?
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    We bring nothing useful to the Lord except clean vessels.
    When the Spirit rules in us God will use our minds for His purposes.
    The Spirit of God is the teacher [1Jn2]. God is at work in us to will and to do[Phil2]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Sorry.
    I do not ignore you.
    Sometimes posts get buried in an avalanche.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,14:05)
    hi 94,
    Love ONE ANOTHER is love towards the brothers, not the world.
    Treat others as you would have them treat you is towards the world.

The scriptures state while we were yet sinners Christ died for us, and the scriptures also state that as he was in the world so are we.

Love not the world neither the things that are in the world.  If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Love your enemies do good to them that hate you and pray for those who despitefully use you and perscute you.  For if you love those who love you in return, what have you done?  Even sinners love those who love them in return.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    We are not called to die for the worldly but we may need to for the brothers.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,15:26)
    Hi 94,
    We are not called to die for the worldly but we may need to for the brothers.

And so, what did Jesus mean when he said: “Love you enemies, do good to those who hate you and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you?

Or what did he mean when he said that he did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance?

Or what did Paul mean when he said the he dies daily?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

HI 94,
    God is love.

His servants are to work for Him
    He wants us to help the worldly through prayer.

The so called righteous are those who do not realise all must repent[acts 17]

We die in baptism[Rom6] but working out our salvation[Phil] requires an ongoing process too.

The promised land was given to the Jews but they had to fight for every inch of territory.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,15:58)
    HI 94,
    God is love.

His servants are to work for Him
    He wants us to help the worldly through prayer.

The so called righteous are those who do not realise all must repent[acts 17]

We die in baptism[Rom6] but working out our salvation[Phil] requires an ongoing process too.

The promised land was given to the Jews but they had to fight for every inch of territory.

Hi Nick:

I have taught you enough for tonight. I am at work and I will be getting off in about 20 minutes. Good night, Nick.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Thanks.
    But you need to sort some stuff

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2010,05:50)
    GB,
    The soul is destroyed in the grave?
    Mt 10.26

Nick………Yes the Soul can be destroyed in the grave. God can kill (BOTH) Body and and soul in the grave by separating the Spirit from the body and never reconnecting the spirit to a body again. Then you will never become a LIVING SOUL Again. Why do you think Jesus said destory (BOTH) (body and Spirit) in the grave Means. The word (BOTH) is talking about two things Body + Spirit, and if you look it up you will see the word used there is (SPIRIT) Not SOUL as you are led to believe. Man is a SOUL and He became a SOUL when GOD molded a Body and added Spirit into it, as scripture says. These two thing make up the (BOTH) Jesus was talking about being destroyed (IN) the grave. No one can continue to exist without (BOTH) a Body and Spirit , except GOD HIMSELF.

Mystery religion has introduced another into the mix by saying a Soul is separate thing from Spirit and a BODY. Making three distinct components in man, But scripture does not back that up we do not have a soul that stays alive after we die, no such thing exists, a Soul (IS) a BODY with SPIRIT IN IT, nothing more and nothing less. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account