The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 02 2010,12:28)
    terraricca,
    Well you have a lot of study materials…that is good.  I have recently become aware of the Matthew Hebrew version and would like to look at that a little further.

I was wondering which Bible of yours places the comma in 2 Pet 1:1 like you showed me?  The KJV Bible words 2 Pet 1:1 more like what you would want it to read like, fyi.  However, it is inconsistent because of few verses later within the same chapter, the same grammatical construction is portrayed differently when it speaks of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Obviously there has been some clumsy translating here.

The NASB writes that verse like this:

2 Peter 1:1
    1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:
    NASU

It is consistent in this verse:
    2 Peter 1:11
    11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.
    NASU

Here it is in the KJV:

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
    KJV

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
    KJV

So, if you looked at the Greek you would find that the same words are in each verse in that bolded portion except for the substitution of “God” with “Lord.” Yet the KJV is not consistent with how they translate the phrase.

You did not tell me how we are supposed to test the “spirits” of one another if not with the Bible.

What do you think terraricca? When you read “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” do you think “so what?”

Also, I am waiting to see how you test the spirits if you don't use the scriptures.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 03 2010,13:47)

terraricca,
    Well you have a lot of study materials…that is good.  I have recently become aware of the Matthew Hebrew version and would like to look at that a little further.

I was wondering which Bible of yours places the comma in 2 Pet 1:1 like you showed me?  The KJV Bible words 2 Pet 1:1 more like what you would want it to read like, fyi.  However, it is inconsistent because of few verses later within the same chapter, the same grammatical construction is portrayed differently when it speaks of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Obviously there has been some clumsy translating here.

1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:
    NASU

11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.
    NASU

Here it is in the KJV:

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
    KJV

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
    KJV

So, if you looked at the Greek you would find that the same words are in each verse in that bolded portion except for the substitution of “God” with “Lord.” Yet the KJV is not consistent with how they translate the phrase.

You did not tell me how we are supposed to test the “spirits” of one another if not with the Bible.

What do you think terraricca?  When you read “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” do you think “so what?”

Also, I am waiting to see how you test the spirits if you don't use the scriptures.

hi LU

first i never said not to use the scriptures for testing ,but it is not sufficient by it self.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 03 2010,13:47)

terraricca,

NASU

NASU

Here it is in the KJV:

KJV

KJV

What do you think terraricca?  When you read “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” do you think “so what?”

hi LU

first i never said not to use the scriptures for testing ,but it is not sufficient by it self.

as for the comma it does not matter to me if there is one or not ,i do not look words up in greek or hebrew and so on,

i use multi translation in modern languages,this as given me a average truth as to the translation of the words.

the truth comes from the spirit not from the words,

the spirit will make correct the words.

LU, do you understand what this means ;living with the truth???

Lightenup
    Participant

terraricca,
    Do you realize that a person's bias can make the words say what they want them to say too?

Also, you say that the Son of God is greater than Moses because He was a part in a greater covenant…is that all?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 03 2010,14:45)
    terraricca,
    Do you realize that a person's bias can make the words say what they want them to say too?

Also, you say that the Son of God is greater than Moses because He was a part in a greater covenant…is that all?

LU

you did not answer my question.

to bias you mean non believer to believer??then the answer is no.

to bias you mean false believers like hypocrites? then it still no.because all of them rely on your ignorance of the scriptures,

this is why Christ will be severe with the ones who abuse the beginners and the new converts with lies.

as for why is Christ the son of God greater than Moses,read the book of to the Hebrew Paul explain it very well.

terraricca
    Participant

LU

in another tread you say;;The Holy Spirit, imo is the literal inner personal spirit of the Father, extending to the Son yet always remaining with the Father, which is then given to all believers to bring unity towards one faith, power, and the fruit of the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control.

———————————————————————-

could you show me you scriptural support for this view????

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2010,23:58)
    LU

in another tread you say;;The Holy Spirit, imo is the literal inner personal spirit of the Father, extending to the Son yet always remaining with the Father, which is then given to all believers to bring unity towards one faith, power, and the fruit of the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control.

———————————————————————-

terraricca,

I really could show you in the scripture but you have shown me that you disregard and write off scripture. You lean on your own understanding, dear one. The answer is in the NT but before you will see, you ought to seek more revelation of who Jesus is.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2010,03:57)

LU

———————————————————————-

terraricca,

I really could show you in the scripture but you have shown me that you disregard and write off scripture.  You lean on your own understanding, dear one. The answer is in the NT but before you will see, you ought to seek more revelation of who Jesus is.

LU

you are cheap in your answers,
    this is the most disgraceful answer to a question i ever have see by a believer,

you are just a so call believer,nothing more.

and show me that i do not believe in scriptures.were???

i may not believe people opinions thats true.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 03 2010,12:04)

LU

———————————————————————-

terraricca,

I really could show you in the scripture but you have shown me that you disregard and write off scripture.  You lean on your own understanding, dear one. The answer is in the NT but before you will see, you ought to seek more revelation of who Jesus is.

LU

this is the most disgraceful answer to a question i ever have see by a believer,

Gee, after that post, I wonder why God would have had me spend more time with you a long time ago?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2010,04:15)

Quote (terraricca @ April 03 2010,12:04)

LU

———————————————————————-

terraricca,

LU

Gee, after that post, I wonder why God would have had me spend more time with you a long time ago?

LU
    you not only do not answer questions but you try to make people believe in your IMOs
    you have many IMO, i don't use them because the scriptures are not IMO.
    to me IMO= guessing -don't knows-maybes-perhaps-not to sure,and so on.

to make it worse you know belittle the people who do not share your IMO s

well we better leave it at that i know were truth i found have no mistake there.

Lightenup
    Participant

terraricca,
    Read through this thread and see that I have spent hours and hours answering your questions only to get either, insults, your opinion, or your neglect of scripture (without imo's). You have shown no appreciation for those hours spent, just disrespect. I really do not know why I should continue on to another subject with you because of that. Do you deny that you have insulted me over and over, or neglected plain scripture? It is all written and a part of history…go back and read this thread…educate yourself.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2010,06:42)
    terraricca,
    Read through this thread and see that I have spent hours and hours answering your questions only to get either, insults, your opinion, or your neglect of scripture (without imo's).  You have shown no appreciation for those hours spent, just disrespect.  I really do not know why I should continue on to another subject with you because of that.  Do you deny that you have insulted me over and over, or neglected plain scripture?  It is all written and a part of history…go back and read this thread…educate yourself.

LU

like this scripture??33 And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God's Son!”
    NASU

what is worship “just saying the truth”?that Christ is the son of God.

please answer this one ??

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 03 2010,16:08)

terraricca,
    Read through this thread and see that I have spent hours and hours answering your questions only to get either, insults, your opinion, or your neglect of scripture (without imo's).  You have shown no appreciation for those hours spent, just disrespect.  I really do not know why I should continue on to another subject with you because of that.  Do you deny that you have insulted me over and over, or neglected plain scripture?  It is all written and a part of history…go back and read this thread…educate yourself.

LU

like this scripture??33 And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God's Son!”
    NASU

So was Jesus worshiping satan in the wilderness when He told Him the truth?

Tell me again what these Jews who believed themselves to be sons of God did…what was the verb? And what was the truth that they bore witness to?

Being THE only Son of God has nothing to do with being sons of God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2010,08:14)

Quote (terraricca @ April 03 2010,16:08)

terraricca,

LU

NASU

So was Jesus worshiping satan in the wilderness when He told Him the truth?

Tell me again what these Jews who believed themselves to be sons of God did…what was the verb? And what was the truth that they bore witness to?

Being THE only Son of God has nothing to do with being sons of God.

LU

you did not answer the question

Lightenup
    Participant

terraricca,
    You asked:

like this scripture??

My answer…yes.

My answer I don't understand your question…do you care to restate it?

I think that you are asking if worship is just saying the truth and I answered that in my previous post. If that is not what you are asking…look at your question and clarify your question.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2010,11:28)
    terraricca,
    You asked:

like this scripture??

My answer…yes.

My answer I don't understand your question…do you care to restate it?

I think that you are asking if worship is just saying the truth and I answered that in my previous post.  If that is not what you are asking…look at your question and clarify your question.

LU

no you did not answer in anyway i could unserstand it .you say;;

I think that you are asking if worship is just saying the truth and I answered that in my previous post.

yes but could you repeat the answer more clearly please.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 01 2010,16:21)
    terraricca,

Read what Peter says about Jesus here:
    NASU

Hi Lightenup,

Why do you Post man's (purposely) manipulated Scriptures? This is what 2Peter 1:1 really says!

2Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ,
          to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through
          the righteousness of God(YHVH) and our Savior Jesus Christ:
                                                Putting that comma (,) there paramount to doctoring the text! (Rev.22:18-19)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 02 2010,06:32)
    All knees will bow someday…even yours, dear one.

Hi Lightenup,

Why do you pull things out of context?

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate except
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

OUR KNEES BOW TO GOD THE FATHER

Phillip[ians 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth,
    and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of GOD THE FATHER.
    Psalm 95:6 O come, let us worship AND BOW DOWN: let us kneel before “The LORD”(JEHOVAH=95) OUR MAKER.
    Eph.3:14-16 For this cause I BOW my knees UNTO THE FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ,
                       Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you,
    according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Lightenup
    Participant

EdJ,
    Are you only going to recognize part of the Godhead when you bow down?  Jesus isn't your Lord?  Isn't the Father-God? Isn't Jesus the only God who is in closest fellowship with the Father…that would make two Gods and those two Gods make up our ONE Godhead together with the Holy Spirit of the Father.

If Jesus is the only God who is in closest fellowship with the Father, then Peter could be correct in calling Him “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” whether or not He did call Him that.  I believe He did call Him that and you are the one messing with scriptures because you do not recognize the only God who is in closest fellowship with the Father.  They are both a whole lot greater than you are or anything you can even think of…aren't they!

John 1:18
    Context
    NET ©
    No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 05 2010,08:41)
    EdJ,
    Are you only going to recognize part of the Godhead when you bow down?  Jesus isn't your Lord?  Isn't the Father-God? Isn't Jesus the only God who is in closest fellowship with the Father…that would make two Gods and those two Gods make up our ONE Godhead together with the Holy Spirit of the Father.

If Jesus is the only God who is in closest fellowship with the Father, then Peter could be correct in calling Him “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” whether or not He did call Him that.  I believe He did call Him that and you are the one messing with scriptures because you do not recognize the only God who is in closest fellowship with the Father.  They are both a whole lot greater than you are or anything you can even think of…aren't they!

John 1:18
    Context
    NET ©
    No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

Hi Kathi,

IMO things get confusing enough discerning whether we're talking about Jesus or Jehovah when the “g's” get capitalized in the word “god”. But now you and thinker are capping all the pronouns, too. The Hebrews and Greeks didn't distinguish between upper and lower case letters. And to capitalize words referring to Jehovah is an understandable sign of respect. You agree that the Father is greater, so maybe you can save the caps for only Him. Just my thoughts.

peace and love,
    mike

P.S. There is no such thing as a godhead.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account