The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

One more thought, Kathi:

You say it never says to worship God “ONLY”, but Jesus quotes Deut in saying:

Matthew 4:10 NIV
    Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' [ Deut. 6:13] “

Sounds clear to me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    If Jesus already was a part of God why did God have to fill him with His Spirit to empower him?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2010,14:03)
    Hi LU,
    If Jesus already was a part of God why did God have to fill him with His Spirit to empower him?

Hi Nick,
    Jesus needed the HS because He had emptied Himself of His own power and because He was not in the presence of the Father like He was before.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So part of God emptied himself so that the other part could fill him with God's Spirit??

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 27 2010,12:27)
    One more thought, Kathi:

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' [ Deut. 6:13] “

Sounds clear to me.

Hi Mike,
    No, I never said that. I said that it never says to worship the “Father” ONLY.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God is not divided but one.
    God wants all to be made one with Him in His Son.
    Is Jesus not the Son of God now you make him an integral part of God?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    I'm going to take this piece by piece.

Hi Kathi,

I haven't followed this “arm of God” thinking of yours thoroughly. I will say that by the statements you make like…
    Again, we see the One with the “outstretched arm” receiving worship:

And:

It was obviously acceptable for the God with the outstretched arm of the OT to receive worship.

…it doesn't look like you're showing that it is acceptable for Jesus to be worshipped, but the God with the outstretched arm.

Jesus IS the outstretched arm. Isaiah sees this and writes about it and is confirmed in John.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2010,14:29)
    Hi LU,
    God is not divided but one.
    God wants all to be made one with Him in His Son.
    Is Jesus not the Son of God now you make him an integral part of God?

Nick,
    Keep it in the order of revelation…first God reveals the God of Israel as the one with the outstretched arm, then He reveals His arm as His son and thus the God of Israel is equal to the Father and the Son as one…a unity.

The seemingly integral part is actually a separate being-the Son.

In Revelations we see God as the Almighty God and the Lamb.

So:
    OT: God is the Lord God with the outstretched arm
    NT: Jesus is revealed as the arm from the OT. God is the one God, the Father and the one Lord, Jesus Christ or the Father and the Son and they are one.
    Revelations: God is the Almighty God and the Lamb-two separate beings united as the God who saves.

God is one (unity).

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,06:28)

One more thought, Kathi:

Sounds clear to me.

Hi Mike,
    No, I never said that.  I said that it never says to worship the “Father” ONLY.

LU

you are willingly blind,in your statment ,why you do not ask a child to open your eyes,and ears

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 27 2010,14:47)

One more thought, Kathi:

Sounds clear to me.

Hi Mike,

LU

you are willingly blind,in your statment ,why you do not ask a child to open your eyes,and ears

terraricca,

Thank you for your opinion. Children worship the Father and the Son. They are not afraid…why are you?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Is Jesus also the “signs, wonders, war, mighty hand, and great terrors”?

You said:
    Jesus is not an angel. The Bible is clear about not worshiping angels but it never says not to worship the Son does it.

The Bible and Jesus in particular are clear about who to worship – God. And considering “angel” means “messenger”, you could be correct in saying Jesus was an angel.
    John 13:16 NIV
    I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

I think Jesus was always greater than the “angels of God”, but he too is “of God”. He is a servant of the same God we are to serve. And he was a messenger of his God. Maybe the Scripture about the worship of angels meant, “Don't worship the messengers of God, but only the God who sent them.”

The hand is part of the outstretched arm, so yes, the Son is the hand also but He is not the signs and wonders, that is what the outstretched arm and hand did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You used to say Jesus was another god, the only begotten one but now you say he was always part of God.
    So what do you believe?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The Bible and Jesus in particular are clear about who to worship – God. And considering “angel” means “messenger”, you could be correct in saying Jesus was an angel.
    John 13:16 NIV
    I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

I think Jesus was always greater than the “angels of God”, but he too is “of God”. He is a servant of the same God we are to serve. And he was a messenger of his God. Maybe the Scripture about the worship of angels meant, “Don't worship the messengers of God, but only the God who sent them.”

Jesus is not an angel…they were made through Him, see Col. 1. He made all things in heaven, visible and invisible, remember.

Btw, I have never said that the arm was greater than the One He was an arm to.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2010,15:17)
    Hi LU,
    You used to say Jesus was another god, the only begotten one but now you say he was always part of God.
    So what do you believe?

Nick,
    The arm is the only begotten God and always was, imo. The arm is figurative.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,06:53)

One more thought, Kathi:

Sounds clear to me.

Hi Mike,

LU

terraricca,

Thank you for your opinion.  Children worship the Father and the Son.  They are not afraid…why are you?

LU

i am not afraid ,of anything ,only of not receiving Gods love.

and the best way of that happen is to take is word and ignore it ,by doing some thinking in our mind and tell God that's the way you like to do it ,to bad LU runs her live the way she see fit,God you just have to take the second choice.your Son and you(God) have to fight it out if either one, wants to be treated as first.

and if you do not like it ,you should have been more clear in you written word.
    LU ,says she can understand what you say in ;Deu 6:13 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him;

You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him, and swear by His name.
    Deut 6:13 (NASB77)

“You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him and swear by His name.1
    Deut 6:13-14 (NASB)

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' “
    Matt 4:10 (NIV)

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    Matt 4:10 (KJV)

you can see here that Jesus has added something to Deut6
    to make it clear what to worship and what not to worship.

and in no place Jesus Christ never ask to be worshiped.in any way.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    Seem like a marathon yet?

you said:

You quoted:
    Rev 22:6-9
    6 And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

But you should have started one verse earlier:
    5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. 6The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

In context, it is clear that the second bolded Lord is the same as the first bolded Lord. Remember that the revelation has God Almighty as it's ultimate source.

I have no problem with them both being the same “Lord”. see here:

Rev 21:23
    23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.
    NASU

mikeboll64
    Blocked

One more thought, Kathi:

Sounds clear to me.

Hi Mike,

Hi Kathi,

Who do you think Jesus was talking to Satan about if not the One he called “the Father”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,06:35)
    Jesus IS the outstretched arm. Isaiah sees this and writes about it and is confirmed in John.

Hi Kathi,

I should have rephrased it. Where is “the outstretched arm” worshipped as God Almighty?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 27 2010,15:32)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 28 2010,06:53)

One more thought, Kathi:

Sounds clear to me.

Hi Mike,

LU

terraricca,

Thank you for your opinion.  Children worship the Father and the Son.  They are not afraid…why are you?

LU

i am not afraid ,of anything ,only of not receiving Gods love.

and the best way of that happen is to take is word and ignore it ,by doing some thinking in our mind and tell God that's the way you like to do it ,to bad LU runs her live the way she see fit,God you just have to take the second choice.your Son and you(God) have to fight it out if either one, wants to be treated as first.

and if you do not like it ,you should have been more clear in you written word.
    LU ,says she can understand what you say in ;Deu 6:13  Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him;

You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him, and swear by His name.
    Deut 6:13 (NASB77)

“You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him and swear by His name.1
    Deut 6:13-14 (NASB)

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' “
    Matt 4:10 (NIV)

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    Matt 4:10 (KJV)

you can see here that Jesus has added something to Deut6
    to make it clear what to worship and what not to worship.

and in no place Jesus Christ never ask to be worshiped.in any way.

Terraricca,

The Father is first, the Son is second…no contest. The Father is greater than the Son. That is why the Son is the arm of God and not the head for example.

Terraricca, we don't have to be perfect to receive God's love. We don't even have to understand everything to receive His love. We just have to receive His Son because without the Son, we do not have the Father. Also, we come to them as little children who know what a Father and Son are and that they will take care and love them.

Jesus is our gentle shepherd and the Father loves the Son. He loves you too and so does your Shepherd, Jesus. Do not be afraid, take on the yoke of Jesus and rest in Him.

If your heart is wanting to please God, you can't goof up bad enough for God not to love you.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 27 2010,16:18)

One more thought, Kathi:

Sounds clear to me.

Hi Mike,

Hi Kathi,

Who do you think Jesus was talking to Satan about if not the One he called “the Father”?

Mike,

Jesus was talking about the Lord God of the OT. He is quoting the OT in this passage. The Lord God of the OT is the one with the outstretched arm as I have shown you.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account