The new worlds translation on titus 2;13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Ed! Havent seen you in quite some time. Hope your well.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Shimmer,

So Jesus IS or ISN'T the Most High God? And how do you know that from the scriptures? (That's what we're currently discussing on this thread.)

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jack,

Here are three occurrences of virtually the same wording from Titus, I assume  
    that you believe
    the first two occurrences mentioned are God (YHVH) and Jesus.
    Yet (virtually), the same wording in
    the third occurrence (according to Jack-a-roo)
    is now asserted to be only Jesus; can you explain how you account for this shift?

Paul, a servant of God, AND an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith
    of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (Titus 1:1)

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace,
    from God the Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior. (Titus 1:4)

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
    of the great God AND our Savior Jesus Christ;  (Titus 2:13)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 14 2011,13:38)
    The one that Manoah saw and the messenger that the Son is are most likely the same person and that person is a mighty God, creator of heaven and earth with the Father.  He is not a creation.

Kathi

Manoah realized he was seeing an ANGEL of Jehovah, right?

So then the Son truly IS an angel of Jehovah?  And that means Jesus is the “angel kind” of spirit, and not the “God kind”?  Okay.  I can live with that for now.  :)

Can YOU?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 14 2011,20:18)
    Hi Jack,

Here are three occurrences of virtually the same wording from Titus, I assume  
    that you believe
    the first two occurrences mentioned are God (YHVH) and Jesus.
    Yet (virtually), the same wording in
    the third occurrence (according to Jack-a-roo)
    is now asserted to be only Jesus; can you explain how you account for this shift?

Paul, a servant of God, AND an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith
    of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (Titus 1:1)

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace,
    from God the Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior. (Titus 1:4)

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
    of the great God AND our Savior Jesus Christ;  (Titus 2:13)

God bless
    Ed J

Good post Ed.

I wonder if Jack will answer it this time.  ???

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,11:32)
    Irene,
    Compound unities go by one name and within compound unities there is often found one that is head over another.  That in no way takes away from the fact of the compound unity.  You deny the unity of the Father and the Son. There are so many verses in the NT that link the two names.  Maybe I will make a scripture database with those verses so that you can see them as the unity they are.   I am just trying to help you, Irene.  I do expect the adversary to try to get people to stop me and that is no surprise to me.  Put on the armour Irene and seek discernment.  I will keep my eyes on the Lord…our only Lord and master who is Jesus Christ. He will never fail me…I trust in Him.

Wake up Irene.

Kathi

Kathi! Their name for their unity is the Godhead and not Jehovah…. i believe in both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ the Word of God…. you are 100% wrong…. I woke up a long time ago…. Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Irene,
    Well that is a start.
    you said in your post above:

Their name for their unity is the Godhead and not Jehovah.

Tell me where it says that their name for their unity is 'the Godhead.' Please show me your scriptures. Also, please tell me who is meant by 'their' in your statement.

Thanks,
    Kathi

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,13:47)
    Irene,
    Well that is a start.
    you said in your post above:

Their name for their unity is the Godhead and not Jehovah.

Tell me where it says that their name for their unity is 'the Godhead.'  Please show me your scriptures.  Also, please tell me who is meant by 'their' in your statement.

Thanks,
    Kathi

Kathi! Who is they in your theology of Jehovah… Jesus and His Father…. But the name Jehovah is His Father name alone….
    Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    read all and you wills see that it is talking about Jesus.
    The name Jesus comes from the Greek Iesous which was derived from the Aramaic, Yeshu. That is Jesus name and not Jehovah….
    Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

So Irene, you believe in the compound unity of the Father and the Son and that it is called 'the Godhead?' Is that right?

Did you know that Jesus' name means 'Jehovah saves?'

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 14 2011,12:43)
    Keith,
    Do you find that many here that tear down the compound unity of God write as if this compound unity is made up of only one person.  It is like they can't hear 'three persons in one' or 'two persons' in one unity.  Don't they see that one person is speaking either to the other person or about the whole unity, depending on context.  Maybe their heart is filled with anger or jealousy or hardness even bitterness.  Those things will act as a veil over them to prevent them from receiving the truth from what I can tell here.  They are making God into the image of their experience or understanding and not according to the Spirit of God…they are carving an image and worship this image god that they imagine to their own destruction.  Watch them and see that some of them have an image that changes from experience to experience or week to week.  You can especially notice them who put up very angry sounding posts and then those who agree with those who put them up.  Bitterness leaks from their words.  Do they think no one notices?

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bump for Keith. This got covered up today…I just wanted you to see it. It became a much discussed post and obviously brought out the rage in those carrying some chips on their shoulders, so much so that they made evident the truth within the post without realizing it.

Blessings,
    Kathi

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,18:21)

Keith,
    Do you find that many here that tear down the compound unity of God write as if this compound unity is made up of only one person.  It is like they can't hear 'three persons in one' or 'two persons' in one unity.  Don't they see that one person is speaking either to the other person or about the whole unity, depending on context.  Maybe their heart is filled with anger or jealousy or hardness even bitterness.  Those things will act as a veil over them to prevent them from receiving the truth from what I can tell here.  They are making God into the image of their experience or understanding and not according to the Spirit of God…they are carving an image and worship this image god that they imagine to their own destruction.  Watch them and see that some of them have an image that changes from experience to experience or week to week.  You can especially notice them who put up very angry sounding posts and then those who agree with those who put them up.  Bitterness leaks from their words.  Do they think no one notices?

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bump for Keith.  This got covered up today…I just wanted you to see it.  It became a much discussed post and obviously brought out the rage in those carrying some chips on their shoulders, so much so that they made evident the truth within the post without realizing it.

Blessings,
    Kathi

“Here is the patience of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

“Because with lies you have grieved the heart of the righteous, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, and be saved alive.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,13:52)

Last warning to All:

The next assualt someone makes of a PERSONAL nature – one that has nothing to do with the scriptural discussion we're having – is going to garner them a tile.

If you guys want to go after anyone here for the unscriptural things they post, then more power to you.  But this is a scriptural discussion forum – not a personal, “I don't like him/her” slam-fest.

Keep the discussion on topic please.

Does she get a tile? Cause she starts everything.

Mike, think of the psychology behind what she is doing. She uses verses to further her cause, ignores the ones she doesnt want to hear. makes herself righteous in her own eyes, and over several months angers people who try and try, but then eventually react when they see her doing the same thing to others. And then, she tries to say, “Oh look how angry others are and how bitter they sound!

Come on! Are you all so blind? Do you CARE about anyone else other than LU? I guess not. Well I do. And I wont sit back and let her do it. Simple as that!

shimmer
    Participant

And as for your warning, please note that LU continued it by bumping the post above, and also took it into another thread. I expect to see her tiled!

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,17:13)
    So Irene, you believe in the compound unity of the Father and the Son and that it is called 'the Godhead?'  Is that right?

Kathi

No Kathi!  I gave you the name of Jesus and you ignored that part….Jesus name is Yeshu or Yeshua…Jesus comes from the Greek
    Igneous which was derived from Aramaic Yeshu….
    NOT JEHOVAH, THAT IS HIS FATHERS NAME……….ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES….YOU BTW HAVE NO SCRIPTURES THAT SAY THAT JESUS NAME IS JEHOVAH…
    HIS FATHERS NAME ALONE…….. ALONE, ALONE….
    Irene

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,01:21)

Keith,

Blessings,
    Kathi

Bump for Keith.  This got covered up today…I just wanted you to see it.  It became a much discussed post and obviously brought out the rage in those carrying some chips on their shoulders, so much so that they made evident the truth within the post without realizing it.

Blessings,
    Kathi

Kathi

What you wrote is correct and perfectly fine. You did not mention names just like ED didn't.

You are correct, many here are like the Pharasees and Saddusees of Jesus day that were angered at the truth of Jesus very own words.

They get mad and upset when we say things like Jesus is God over all the creation or that he is One with the Father and the Holy Spirit!

Keep speaking the truth Kathi, though we disagree as far as the Trinity at least you acknowledge and worship the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as one. You believe in the absolute soverighnty of Jesus as Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

You give Jesus the same honor that you give the Father and most posters here do not.

Its ok because our moderator Mike has said that we can quote others or speak of others as long as we don't mention their names.

They do it all the time yet now they are mad that you speak the truth concerning them and want you to get a tile! :D

Blessings!

Keith

princess
    Participant

Kar,

How wonderful you and your young prince experience something of a life time, the snow has a purity of its own at times, does it not. Very sharp discernment skills you have, it is good to grow in the spirit, is it not?

You know I do not fret over simple matters, I thank you for your blessing, I know it comes to me in love and the purity of your heart.

Take care of yourself and your young prince, love you much.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Thank you!  This type of thing brings certain scriptures to life and so has some value.  I have a deeper appreciation for David before he became king.  He stood up to that Goliath to fight Jehovah's battle and prevailed!  Too bad that Saul wasn't man enough to be proud of him but instead became so angry that God sent an evil spirit into him.  God at times gives us over to our own lusts.  

Here is part of the story:

Jonathan and David
    1 Samuel 18
    1Now it came about when he had finished speaking to Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as himself. 2Saul took him that day and did not let him return to his father’s house. 3Then Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. 4Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was on him and gave it to David, with his armor, including his sword and his bow and his belt. 5So David went out wherever Saul sent him, and prospered; and Saul set him over the men of war. And it was pleasing in the sight of all the people and also in the sight of Saul’s servants.

6It happened as they were coming, when David returned from killing the Philistine, that the women came out of all the cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet King Saul, with tambourines, with joy and with musical instruments.

7The women sang as they played, and said,
            “Saul has slain his thousands,
            And David his ten thousands.”

8Then Saul became very angry, for this saying displeased him; and he said, “They have ascribed to David ten thousands, but to me they have ascribed thousands. Now what more can he have but the kingdom?” 9Saul looked at David with suspicion from that day on.

Saul Turns against David

10Now it came about on the next day that an evil spirit from God came mightily upon Saul, and he raved in the midst of the house, while David was playing the harp with his hand, as usual; and a spear was in Saul’s hand. 11Saul hurled the spear for he thought, “I will pin David to the wall.” But David escaped from his presence twice.

12Now Saul was afraid of David, for the LORD was with him but had departed from Saul. 13Therefore Saul removed him from his presence and appointed him as his commander of a thousand; and he went out and came in before the people. 14David was prospering in all his ways for the LORD was with him. 15When Saul saw that he was prospering greatly, he dreaded him. 16But all Israel and Judah loved David, and he went out and came in before them.

Have you ever felt like there is a 'Saul' in your life that look at you with suspicion and follow you around trying to 'pin' you to the wall with their verbal spear?

Go David…he knew who his Lord was and wasn't afraid to stand against those who oppose Him.

David said this to Goliath:

45Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have taunted. 46“This day the LORD will deliver you up into my hands, and I will strike you down and remove your head from you. And I will give the dead bodies of the army of the Philistines this day to the birds of the sky and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, 47and that all this assembly may know that the LORD does not deliver by sword or by spear; for the battle is the LORD’S and He will give you into our hands.”

So be it!

Stay strong Keith,
    Kathi

Amen Kathi

Good points! Yea I have several “Sauls” here. But they haven't scared me or run me off because like you and David, “I know in whom I have believed and I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committted unto him against that day!”

He is my Lord and my Great God and Savior!

But they do not know of whom we speak!

Blessings and Love to you also!

Keith

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 15 2011,09:18)

So Irene, you believe in the compound unity of the Father and the Son and that it is called 'the Godhead?'  Is that right?

Kathi

No Kathi!  I gave you the name of Jesus and you ignored that part….Jesus name is Yeshu or Yeshua…Jesus comes from the Greek
    NOT JEHOVAH, THAT IS HIS FATHERS NAME……….ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES….YOU BTW HAVE NO SCRIPTURES THAT SAY THAT JESUS NAME IS JEHOVAH…
    Irene

Irene read carefully,

John 17:11“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12“While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Need I say more?

Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,12:43)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 15 2011,09:18)

Kathi

Irene

Irene read carefully,

John 17:11“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12“While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Need I say more?

Kathi

Amen!

Singular name for the three! Matt 28:19 :)

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account