The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Neither is the vine our God.
    The sap of the Spirit flows through him into us to produce fruit just as he did.

Lightenup
    Participant

Let Him out of your box Nick.

Lightenup
    Participant

John 20:28-29
    28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
    29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
    NASU

How can anyone not get this? Jesus is my Lord and my God in His/our God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God lets us have a long leash and then calls us closer if he wants us as servants.
    We cannot take with us the wierd baggage from the false church.
    Now we are not free to make up our own doctrines

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Thomas believed because his carnal eyes had given him understanding that he was the anointed one raised to life.

We do not have that option but can only walk by faith and not by sight and he blesses us.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi and all,  

Kathi, you keep referring to Thomas calling Jesus “my God”.  And we always see reference to Hebrews 1:8, where he is called God by God.  But is that it?  After reading the entire Bible verse for verse, that's what it comes down to for you?

First of all, that Jesus would be called God was foretold by God in Isaiah 700 years before it happened.

Second, God also called prophets gods.

Angels were called gods in Thomas' lifetime, so could Thomas have been saying Jesus was truly “from heaven” because he had now seen in the flesh that he returned from the grave, instead of saying he was “God”?

If the whole of Scripture teaches one true God (and that one is Jehovah, not Jesus or a combo of two or three), but there are two or three verses that could be read this way or that, wouldn't it be wiser to swing the way that supports the rest of the Bible?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey Nick,

You were right my friend. Adam is not called perfect anywhere in the Scriptures. But I'm glad you corrected me on it. First because I needed to know I was speaking falsehoods. But second, because it just proves how people can learn something from an early age that stays with them their entire life-even if it's not true. Like the trinity.

peace

NickHassan
    Participant

Cheers Mike,
    We all have ideas we carry from our upbringing that need to be challenged if we are sincere about finding truth.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 14 2010,23:15)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 14 2010,01:21)
    IMO  you can worship in many ways.  Saying a prayer that  uses lots of words, IMO God our Father really does not want us to do.  He loves a contrite and humble Spirit , a Heart that is only for Him.  A wise man said once that if you Sing to God it's praying twice.  That is were my Love is.  Also the Psalms are great to use to worship.  There is a Scripture that tells us that if you believe in a false and man made doctrine that you worship in vain.  Math. 15:9.  I don't know how you feel about just thinking in Love to our Heavenly Father and Meditating, can be a good worship session.   I really don't use a formal prayer.  I speak to God like I would talk to you.  I tell Him first of all how grateful I am and thank Him for all the things He has done for us.  We here in  American and parts of Europe are so lucky to have so much.  Mostly the freedom that we have, we should thank God for that every day.  Then I go into asking for all the people that are sick and need His help.  It warms my Heart when I get so close to our Father in Heaven.  At times it feels like He is sitting right next to me.  It is a natural high that only God can give us.  That kind of Love is so great, and I wish with all of my Heart that all would experience that with me….I also like to just talk with other Brethren about God.  Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the mids of you.  That is so true…We did that so much when  we belonged to the W.W.Church of God.  Now my Husband and I do it, but not enough….
    With all my Love and Peace be with all of you, Irene

Hi Irene,
    I think that you have the singing thing covered here…you get the prize :)  I was recently reading that singing helps us take what is in our left brain (written words) and connect it to our right brain. That way we use our whole mind.  I think that too many of us here are stuck in the left hemisphere (logic and reasoning) and should exercise the right hemisphere to become more balanced.  Perhaps we would have a break through then.

Love ya,
    Kathi

Kathi! I have never heard that before, but there must be something to that. When I am sad I start to sing and the sadness leaves me. I also use it as a tool to praise God with, which to me is a greatness of no other kind. God is a title. I just cannot see how so many just want to ignore those Scriptures,that Jesus is called God, but does not take anything away from our Heavenly Father, who is above all. Keep it up, Kathi……..
    Peace and Love Irene

JustAskin
    Participant

Guys,

Regarding Thomas and his statement “My Lord and my God”.

I was searching the Scriptures and praying for the holy Spirit and this came to me:

Jesus had said to Thomas:
    John 14:7 “If you have known ME [Lord] then then you have known My Father [God] and from now on you know Him [God the Father] and have seen Him [God the Father]

Philip then interjects:
    John 14:8:
    “Philip said, “Lord [Jesus], show us the Father [God] and that will be enough for us.”

Jesus is getting [patiently] exasperated:
    John 14:9:
    “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen ME [Lord] has seen the Father [God]. How can you say, 'Show us the Father [God]'?”

Jesus quitens down and meekly continues:
    John 14:10-11:
    “Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
    Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.”

Now, reas those verses in context very carefully and get a sense of what is going on:
    …”If you have seen ME then you have also seen the Father”…

Now back to Thomas (Can you see it already?)
    Jesus proves himself to Thomas and so, he who doubted teh most is amazed and responds…
    “My Lord AND My God”

Thomas is addressing BOTH 'Lord' and “God” because Jesus said to him “If you see Me, the Lord, you have seen also the Father, God”.

Someone wrote that Jesus 'Blessed' Thomas for this revelation but read Jesus' response – Where is Thomas being 'Blessed'?
    It is the ONES who have not seen Jesus but believe that he has been raised from teh dead who are 'Blessed'.
    Thomas is admonished for only believing BECAUSE he has seen and touched.

igorwulff
    Participant

Hey JustAskin!

Hm.. might be possible, yes. Will read this again, and think a bit about it and pray for it. Thanks! :)

terraricca
    Participant

LU

Group: Regular Members

——————————————————————————–

LU
    it does not write;My Lord our God” or “My God our Lord Jesus Christ” do you see that ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 15 2010,14:29)
    LU

LU
    it does not write;My Lord our God” or “My God our Lord Jesus Christ” do you see that ???

Hi terraricca,
    Yes, I see that. I don't know what the difference would be though.

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 15 2010,14:29)
    LU

LU

The literal rendering is “The Lord of me and the God of me”!

Pretty obvious what Thomas meant and neither John the witness or Jesus rebuked him or corrected him!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    He did see his Lord as well as his God at work in him.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2010,15:29)
    Hi WJ,
    He did see his Lord as well as his God at work in him.

NH

Please, Thomas didn't say unto “Them”, the text reads “Thomas said unto him”….

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

WJ

Thomas was a true believer and he did not lied ,so what it is say is now more clear,
    it is an emotional reaction from Thomas ,in any normal situation,
    except in the trinitarian mind

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 15 2010,15:35)
    WJ

Thomas was a true believer and he did not lied ,so what it is say is now more clear,
    it is an emotional reaction from Thomas ,in any normal situation,
    except in the trinitarian mind

t

With Arian Glasses you say so, yet for Thomas to call Jesus his God if Jesus was not would be blasphemy to the Jewish faith and Jesus or John would have corrected him for it, but they did not!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Of course not.
    The vessel addressed was Jesus and God was in him.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2010,15:38)
    Hi WJ,
    Of course not.
    The vessel addressed was Jesus and God was in him.

Thomas didn't address Jesus as a vessel.

Pure inferrence!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account