The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    It is written. Rest.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2010,22:48)
    Hi LU,
    We cannot teach from what is not written.

Nick,
    You seem to be doing a lot of teaching that Jesus does not want us to worship Him as the Son of God. This teaching of yours is not taught by Christ. It is not written. You have not shown one verse that teaches this. So, why do you continue to teach this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    No what Jesus did teach about worship is quite clear in Jn 4.
    Do you disagree with him?

Now what teachings have you found from him that teach these other matters?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    I think we are at an impass because you insist on a clear teaching from Jesus' own words that we can worship the Son of God. If it is not there then you will not worship the Son of God as the Son. I believe that Jesus isn't going to tell us to worship Himself and leaves that to the Spirit to quicken our hearts towards worship of the Son AND the Father as it is the will of the Father.

If I didn't believe in Jesus as the Son of God and asked you to show me one verse in the OT that states Jesus, by name, is the Son of God and the Messiah, you wouldn't be able too. The name Jesus is not in the OT anywhere. I would have to continue in unbelief because my parameters were not met. I think this is what you are doing by insisting that Jesus must be the teacher of His own worship or you will not worship Him as the Son. Do you see how this can limit your growth?

I believe that I have given you more than enough evidence that Jesus does not discourage worship towards Him as the Son of God and that the Father even exalts the Son and says that all should bow to Him and confess that He is Lord. This glorifies the Father.

So, since we are at an impass, I suppose that we should take it to the Father to see if He wants to teach us anything about worship towards the Son. We can pray for breakthrough towards unity in truth for each other and believe that God wills that.
    Can you agree to pray towards that end?

Thanks,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    I think God refines us and our attitude to the Word and alters preconceptions if we are open.
    But tradition says what we figure out is good enough.
    OK lets pray for wisdom.

GOD PROMISES WISDOM.TO THOSE WHO ASK.[JAS.1]

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    So, I was outside grilling some ribs on the grill in the snow and looking out over the snow covered south and praying for this and for you. I asked God if it were ok that we give worship to His Son and He said it was ok, and then I asked Him to use words that I wouldn't bring to mind and in pops the title to this song that I haven't thought of in a long time. I do believe that was God putting that in my mind because it wasn't a song that I have heard for a while nor was I thinking about. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuMh_ept-Js

Not3in1
    Participant

Kathi,

Thanks for sharing this song. It brought back the good ol' days of being on worship team and those long camp meetings….. Loved those days.

I was encouraged to see you and Nick agreeing to prayer. Very encouraged!!

Thanks for the blessing!
    Love,
    Mandy
    PS: how did the ribs turn out? Yum!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    We are too easily deceived so i do not trust in voices but rather hope to be led to verses as the work of the Spirit is to remind us of the words of Jesus.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 12 2010,22:26)
    Kathi,

Thanks for sharing this song.  It brought back the good ol' days of being on worship team and those long camp meetings…..  Loved those days.

I was encouraged to see you and Nick agreeing to prayer.  Very encouraged!!

Thanks for the blessing!
    Love,
    Mandy
    PS:  how did the ribs turn out?  Yum!

Hi Mandy,
    I'm glad you were encouraged. The ribs were so-so. I kinda got distracted with the answer to my prayer that came so quickly. I started thinking about the song and those ribs got a little more q'd than I had intended. Oh well, a burnt offering to the Lord :) I guess that I could blame Nick for that…just kidding Nick. Some of the ribs faired better than the others so it wasn't a total loss. My dog liked the bones :p :p

Nick,
    Well, I didn't hear voices…just the thought of the title came to my mind. I used to worry about being deceived and I still recognize that satan wants to deceive us, but I trust my Father that He would not allow that to happen when we come to Him as a child and ask Him to show us truth. It is not His character to give us a stone when we ask for bread or not protect us from the evil one. So, I don't believe for one minute that He would allow me to be deceived in this. His is my Father and He wants me to know His will. He is more powerful than satan.

Could you sing that song? I think that is what the main question is here.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Here are the lyrics to help you decide if you can agree with this song, if not…what part.

1.Crown him with many crowns,
    the Lamb upon his throne,
    Hark! how the heavenly anthem drowns
    all music but its own.
    Awake, my soul, and sing
    of him who died for thee,
    and hail him as thy matchless King
    through all eternity.

2.Crown him the Lord of life,
    who triumphed o'er the grave,
    and rose victorious in the strife
    for those he came to save.
    His glories now we sing,
    who died, and rose on high,
    who died, eternal life to bring,
    and lives that death may die.

3.Crown him the Lord of peace,
    whose power a scepter sways
    from pole to pole, that wars may cease,
    and all be prayer and praise.
    His reign shall know no end,
    and round his pierced feet
    fair flowers of paradise extend
    their fragrance ever sweet.

4.Crown him the Lord of love;
    behold his hands and side,
    those wounds, yet visible above,
    in beauty glorified.
    All hail, Redeemer, hail!
    For thou hast died for me;
    thy praise and glory shall not fail
    throughout eternity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    We do need a reference point.
    Scripture is that for us.

We never go past the need to refer back for scriptural assurance.

Lightenup
    Participant

I agree Nick. Do you see anything in the lyrics that I posted a minute ago that is not scriptural?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Cute but to what end?
    We are to be one with this anointed man not make him an idol.[1Jn5]

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    But what is non-scriptural in that if anything? Do you think that by singing that you make Him an idol?

Can you do anything apart from Jesus, Nick?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 13 2010,09:32)
    Nick,
    I think we are at an impass because you insist on a clear teaching from Jesus' own words that we can worship the Son of God.  If it is not there then you will not worship the Son of God as the Son.  I believe that Jesus isn't going to tell us to worship Himself and leaves that to the Spirit to quicken our hearts towards worship of the Son AND the Father as it is the will of the Father.

Thanks,
    Kathi

Hi Kathi,

How many times did God, Jesus, prophets, kings, and just ordinary people in the bible talk about worshipping God?  Countless times!  Are you saying we are expected to worship Jesus when he or no one else in the bible says to?  We are just supposed to know to do this by Spirit?  I don't understand.

Peace
    Mike

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,

Question for ya: does it really matter if Kathi is right or wrong? What if she's wrong about Jesus, will she not receive her reward?

What do you think?

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    None of my business.
    But we are to encourage one another to align with scriptural ways.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,
    I keep on saying to you: What you are doing is good and right.

Just don't call it WORSHIP.

JustAskin
    Participant

To ALL,

What is Worship.

You all can argue till midnight with LU, but it is all futile unless your understanding of Worship is in line with what LU thinks Worship is?

How does one Worship? By singing??

How does one sing 'Praises' to another?
    How does one give 'Honor' to another?
    How does one 'glorify' another?

How does one 'Worship' the One?

terraricca
    Participant

hi JA
    Christ says to worship God in spirit and in truth;
    worship in truth ;well if you have to worship him in truth HIS WORD IS TRUTH so absorbing his knowledge his one way;in believing what he says is another;

in spirit;God is truth ,so your spirit ,mind and heart are to work together to only recognize God as your deepest devotion.every day

act,live vividly to do Gods will.singing is not useful it is pure carnal emotion and does not promote the glory of God only the glory of men gift from God.exterior of the cup is men glory,inside is Gods glory.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account