The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Hi ya'll,
    In my opinion, the term “God/god” does not automatically imply self-existent but the term “Most High God” would. What do other's think?

Interested in your thoughts,
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Lup
    to me it means that he is the only God and the God above all other gods call so.
    this make him the ultimate God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

lup……..If you understood that the word GOD means (POWERS) it is easer to understand , The MOST HIGH GOD, is simply the MOST HIGH POWERS. GOD the FATHER is the MOST HIGH GOD. Jesus said He was the (ONLY) (TRUE) GOD. I agree with terraricca on this.

JustAskin
    Participant

Lup, I too add my agreement.

Gene said: “…Jesus said He was the (ONLY) (TRUE) GOD. …”

Just for clarification, Gene, I assume you mean “Jesus said [God the Father is] the (ONLY) (TRUE) GOD.”

If this is what you meant then can you see how someone at a later time could have used what you said and quote you saying that Jesus said that he was God?

God Bless.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lu……..i understand that could have happened , But most of the time i Quote it as, “Jesus Said in prayer”, “for thou (someone other then himself are the (ONLY) TRUE GOD”, but i do see your point thanks.

peace and love to you and yours………….gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 16 2010,17:42)
    Lu……..i understand that could have happened , But most of the time i Quote it as, “Jesus Said in prayer”, “for thou (someone other then himself are the (ONLY) TRUE GOD”, but i do see your point thanks.

peace and love to you and yours………….gene

Hi Gene,
    You probably meant that for “JustAskin” but thanks for clarifying.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Thanks for your reply JustAskin, Terraricca, and Gene, but would you agree that the Most High God would have always existed?

Btw, I prefer “Lu” for short or you can always call me “Kathi,” thanks.

terraricca
    Participant

LU
    God ,the father of Christ ad no beginning and as no end.

JustAskin
    Participant

Lu, Most certainly, and I don't think there is anyone who disagrees who is a Christian. I don't know your faith so I presumed Christian.

For to me there is one God (there can only be ONE God by the very definition of [a] God) who is in all and above all – the almighty Jehovah (our rendering of YHWH) who has existed from eternity, is existing now and will exist to all eternity

– and one Lord who is Jesus Christ, the son of God who is NOW at this time our Lord and saviour King over all [earthly] kings and Lord over all [earthly] Lords, who is in all (as his father is in all).

– Jesus Christ is not a God and the two are not co-equal (by virtue of the very statement that there can be only one God and Jehovah is above all) but they share a unity of purpose in which all saved of mankind also share.

We are to give Praise, Glorify and Honor to both the Father and son BUT we are to Worship ONLY the father.

No sinful human has seen God the Most High (Jehovah) but Revelations describes Him as Dwelling in “Unapproachable Light” surrounded by an glorious plethora of beings (Angels of different ranks and powers) who worship Him day and night as well as do his will.

He is seated on a glorious throne and Jesus Christ, his death conquering son, is seated on the right hand side (the place of Honor) although Revelation say the Lamb (Jesus Christ) is 'Standing' in the midst of the throne! (i'll check on this with other sources) .

(more late if you wish…)

JustAskin
    Participant

Lu, I didn't mention whether or not Jesus also existed from and to eternity as the focus is on the Most High God – but just to in case you ask:
    Hebrews 13:8 says “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.”

God Bless you.

Lightenup
    Participant

Thanks Terraricca and JustAskin for your response.
    I am a Christian also. I have a slightly different understanding.
    Next question, do you believe that Jesus had a beginning? If so, when?

Blessings,
    Kathi

JustAskin
    Participant

Lu, this is not a question that can be easily discerned from scripture. And this has a bone of contention with Trinitarians and others.

Jesus, himself, says that he was “With the father during the creation of the universe, the earth and mankind” and the scriptures tells us that he was the “Word of God”, John 1:1. and that Jesus “Proceeded from the father”.

Jesus himself also prays to his father and says “The glory I had with you before the world was” (Jn. 17:5)

Controversially, it could be said that he must have had a beginning: He is the Son of God and therefore must have been 'Begotten' at some point before the beginning of the creation of the 'ALL'.

Again, Controversially, the scriptures says that the Wisdom of God was the “Beginning of God's creation” and some believe that Jesus IS God's Wisdom.

Certainly, if Jesus had a beginning it was before the creation of the “All” and is therefore inconsequential as a debating point.

As such any discussion other than over scriptural text renderings can only serve as a distraction from the glory of God the Father (and Satan) would love that!

JustAskin
    Participant

God is ALL KNOWING (Omniscient) and knew that sin would come into his human creation and he prepared for it by setting aside ONE who would become a sacrificial Lamb who would shed his blood for the salvation of mankind and atone for their sin. The Word, Jesus, was that ONE.

JustAskin
    Participant

So it could be said that Jesus was “prepared” from before time for this saviour role and was not a created being like the Angels and Mankind. Certainly, Jesus was NOT a God like Trinitarians like to make out (There can be ONLY ONE God)

terraricca
    Participant

LU
    first we have already establish God as no beginning,
    as for the Son the only begotten it says it by it self ;if he is begotten he as a beginning ,
    wen was he begotten the scriptures says in the beginning of his birth obviously there is no time table.
    it also mention in the beginning of creation,so we understand he is the first of all creation.
    it is also understood that all creation as been created for him and by him,this in my understanding means that God create his arm (mean is means of action)this is the WORD,wisdom,Christ,
    Christ is the first born of God the first in wisdom ,the first to be resurrected from the dead to everlasting and incorruptible live.

the reason why he is at the right hand of God,? it because he wanted to be the first and he wanted to be greatest,how did Christ became and received all that let look at his words;in

Mt 20:26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,
    Mt 20:27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—
    Mt 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

so Jesus became the servant and the slave and by doing this he became to sit at the right hand of God
    this means that he as recieve all powers up to the father but not equal or over the father

JustAskin
    Participant

Have a read of : Proverbs 8:22-31. I am not saying it is Jesus but how wonderful it would be if this were.

terraricca
    Participant

hi JA
    it as to be Christ ,because god as all to the highest level,that power,wisdom,knowledge,and self sufficient.

wisdom does not have all that .he is restricted to his birth beginning.

Lightenup
    Participant

Good conversation going terraricca and JustAskin! I agree with much of what you both have said except for one particular thing. I see that Jesus, because He was begotten of the Most High God, can indeed be God, just not the “Most High God.” What else would the Most High God beget? Would that threaten the fact of there being one God? Well, not if the “one God” being referred to is the Most High God. What do ya think?

terraricca
    Participant

LU
    if you look to go for the trinity it is out of all posibilities,not supported.
    the SON is not God the Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

terraricca,
    You misunderstood my comment. No where did I say that the Son was God the Father, in fact, I said that the Son was not the Most High God (the Father).

I don't think that one has to be a trinitarian to believe that the Son is God. God is what would be begotten of a Father that was and is God. He would not be anything but what He was begotten from…He just wouldn't be the same being that beget Him, nor would He be the same age as the one that beget Him…do you see that? Since He could not be the same age as the one who beget Him, He couldn't be the “Most High God.” Simple! Only one “Most High God.” A Most High God that has a son begotten before time began.

I hope you can understand this,
    Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account