The messenger of jehovah was jehovah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 693 total)
  • Author

“We are not playing the fool, you Greeks, nor do we talk nonsense, when we report that God was born in the form of a man” (Address to the Greeks 21 [A.D. 170]). – Tatian the Syrian

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You get confused when you call these men your fathers.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

The Father has appointed Jesus to be a king,

TO ALL:

Can you see how Jodi Lee cleverly worded her statement? She said that the Father appointed Jesus to be “a king” (indefinite article and small case “k”). She is clearly disobedient to the word of God.

Nathaniel did not say to Jesus, “You are a king of Israel.” He said, “You are THE King of Israel.” Jesus did not ride into Jerusalem as “a king” of Israel. He rode into Jerusalem as THE King of Israel.

The inscription on His cross did not read “This is Jesus of Nazareth a king of the Jews.” It read, “This is Jesus of Nazaereth THE King of the Jews.”

There is only ONE King Jodi:

that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords (1 Timothy 6:15)

It says that Jesus Christ is the “ONLY” King of kings and Lord of lords.” Does “only” mean “only” here as it does in John 17:3?  

Btw, the scripture says that God was Christ's Father. God was NEVER called Christ's king. The word “god” does not necessarily imply sovereignty for men and angels were called “gods.” But the word “basileus” (King) implies sovereignty.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    When will you believe in God and His Son as Jesus commanded in Jn14?
    Let Jesus become your Lord and submit to him under his God.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 15 2009,06:34)
    Jodi Lee said:

TO ALL:

Can you see how Jodi Lee cleverly worded her statement? She said that the Father appointed Jesus to be “a king” (indefinite article and small case “k”). She is clearly disobedient to the word of God.

Nathaniel did not say to Jesus, “You are a king of Israel.” He said, “You are THE King of Israel.” Jesus did not ride into Jerusalem as “a king” of Israel. He rode into Jerusalem as THE King of Israel.

The inscription on His cross did not read “This is Jesus of Nazareth a king of the Jews.” It read, “This is Jesus of Nazaereth THE King of the Jews.”

that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords (1 Timothy 6:15)

It says that Jesus Christ is the “ONLY” King of kings and Lord of lords.” Does “only” mean “only” here as it does in John 17:3?  

Btw, the scripture says that God was Christ's Father. God was NEVER called Christ's king. The word “god” does not necessarily imply sovereignty for men and angels were called “gods.” But the word “basileus” (King) implies sovereignty.

thinker

TT, not only do you continually deny many plain and direct scriptures, you also misinterpret the ones you use in your defense.

1 Timothy 6:13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

Verse 15 the 'He' there is the Father, Christ did not know the time of his appearing, but the Father knew, it was according to the Father's designated time. Plus sinful men certainly saw Jesus after he rose from the dead. No man, except Jesus has literally seen the Father. YHWH dwells in unapproachable light, because sin cannot be in the presence of Our Almighty Father. This is one of the reasons WHY Jesus is our mediator. Jesus was certainly able to appear before men, he even ate and drank with them.  

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Our Almighty Father, YHWH, is the ultimate King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He alone is immortal, but He has given through His Spirit immortality to man, beginning with Jesus.

We see from scripture that Our Almighty Father has throughout time appointed certain men to be king of kings,

Ezra 7:12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, To Ezra the priest, a scribe of the Law of the God of heaven: Perfect peace, and so forth.

Ezekiel 26:7 “For thus says the Lord God: 'Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses, with chariots, and with horsemen, and an army with many people.

Daniel 2:37 You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory;  38 and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all–you are this head of gold. 39 But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.

Revelation 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

Ac 3:26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

The Father raised up His SERVANT Jesus and made him to become ruler of His kingdom. Jesus ascended to sit at the right hand of His Father and His God, and be a Mediator for His Father unto us.

Let's not IGNORE scripture!

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Our Almighty Father appointed the MAN, Jesus to be King over all the kings that will rule with Christ when he returns to FINISH the work of His Father.

Re 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants–things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

Jesus, as our appointed King of kings, RECEIVES all things from His Father, of whom Jesus also calls, his God.  Even that which Jesus himself will accomplish in the future comes not from his own will but from that of his Father's.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

TO ALL:

thinker

How I cleverly worded my statement? Are you trying to accuse me of being deceitful?

Once again you need to keep your FACTS strait as to what scripture says and what it teaches, and you might want to look into things a little more before you start throwing accusations around.

Just LOOK at what the scripture I posted SAID,

Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Even Christ knows that the Father has appointed him as A King.

At this point you seem VERY desperate. A King…..The King…. :O
    What an absurd and anal point, and to try and stretch it out to me trying to be clever, and me being disobedient to the word of God. What a JOKE!

Jesus is A king to the Jews, He is A king to everyone on earth. He is THE King over the Jews and The King over the whole earth. They are both correct.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whats 1 Timothy 3:16 mean? and without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; GOD was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, believed on in the world,received up in glory!( this script literally cause Him God) Why when Thomas call Jesus my Lord and my God, he said to him, blessed are they who havent seen and still believe?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself[2Cor5]
    But you think he was God as well?
    Do you have several gods?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

TT, not only do you continually deny many plain and direct scriptures, you also misinterpret the ones you use in your defense.

Jodi lee,
    I am not surprised at all by your answer. The “he” in verse 15 is Christ. The Father is mentioned only once through out the whole book (1:2)

1 Timothy 6:13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen

Verse 15 the 'He' there is the Father, Christ did not know the time of his appearing, but the Father knew, it was according to the Father's designated time. Plus sinful men certainly saw Jesus after he rose from the dead. No man, except Jesus has literally seen the Father. YHWH dwells in unapproachable light, because sin cannot be in the presence of Our Almighty Father. This is one of the reasons WHY Jesus is our mediator. Jesus was certainly able to appear before men, he even ate and drank with them.

Jodi Lee,
    I am not surprised at all by your answer. The “he” in verse 15 is Christ. The Father is mentioned only once through out the whole book (1:2). You keep on making the same Arian mistake by attributing the limitations Christ had while in the flesh to His glorified condition. Jesus anticapted the time when he would know ALL things again

John 16:12-15 (New King James Version)

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of WHAT IS MINE and declare it to you. All things that the Father has ARE MINE. Therefore I said that He will take OF MINE and declare it to you.

Truth did not belong to Christ in the days of His flesh. But in His exalted state He knows that all that the Father has “IS MINE”.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

Jodi lee,
    I am not surprised at all by your answer. The “He” in verse 15 is Christ. The Father is mentioned only once through out the whole book (1:2)

1 Timothy 6:13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen

Jodi Lee,
    I am not surprised at all by your answer. The “he” in verse 15 is Christ. The Father is mentioned only once through out the whole book (1:2). You keep on making the same Arian mistake by attributing the limitations Christ had while in the flesh to His glorified condition. Jesus anticapted the time when he would know ALL things again

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of WHAT IS MINE and declare it to you. All things that the Father has ARE MINE. Therefore I said that He will take OF MINE and declare it to you.

Truth did not belong to Christ in the days of His flesh. But in His exalted state He knows that all that the Father has “IS MINE”. He NOW KNOWS the time of His appearing.

So you have no case because you are talking about the pre-exalted Jesus who had limitations.

Your explanation fails again because Revelation 19 says that the name “King of kings and Lord of lords” is Christ's name.

Revelation 19:15-16 (New King James Version)

15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[a] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And HE HIMSELF will rule them with a rod of iron. HE HIMSELF treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on HIS THIGH a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

This is clearly and unmistakeably speaking about Jesus. It clearly says that “He HIMSELF” will rule with a rod of iron. It says that “He HIMSELF” will tread the winepress. So your explanation of 1 Timothy 6:15 puts you in quite a predicament because it says that the “He” in verse 15 is the ONLY King of kings and Lord of lords.

Does “only” mean “only” to you as it does in John 17:3?  ???

Nathanael confessed that Jesus was THE King of Israel. I will take Nathanael's confession over yours an old day.

thinker

thinker, here is one for you to 'think' on

who else in scripture is called ALMIGHTY?

i get it, you one of those everything changed when Christ assended to the kingdom type of fellows, next you will be telling me, your god ate pork on the sabbath, while his servants worked in the fields………….

think again………………

kol tuv

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 15 2009,11:44)
    Jodi Lee said:

Jodi lee,
    I am not surprised at all by your answer. The “He” in verse 15 is Christ. The Father is mentioned only once through out the whole book (1:2)

Jodi Lee,

Truth did not belong to Christ in the days of His flesh. But in His exalted state He knows that all that the Father has “IS MINE”. He NOW KNOWS the time of His appearing.

So you have no case because you are talking about the pre-exalted Jesus who had limitations.

Your explanation fails again because Revelation 19 says that the name “King of kings and Lord of lords” is Christ's name.

Revelation 19:15-16 (New King James Version)

15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[a] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And HE HIMSELF will rule them with a rod of iron. HE HIMSELF treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on HIS THIGH a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

This is clearly and unmistakeably speaking about Jesus. It clearly says that “He HIMSELF” will rule with a rod of iron. It says that “He HIMSELF” will tread the winepress. So your explanation of 1 Timothy 6:15 puts you in quite a predicament because it says that the “He” in verse 15 is the ONLY King of kings and Lord of lords.

Does “only” mean “only” to you as it does in John 17:3?  ???

Nathanael confessed that Jesus was THE King of Israel. I will take Nathanael's confession over yours an old day.

thinker

Joh 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

1Jo 4:12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us

1 Timothy 6:13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Mark 14:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. 32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

Excuse me TT, but the TIME was manifested BY whom? Not by Jesus's OWN time, but by the Father's. So what I said still stands!

Scripture has shown that indeed there has existed throughout time several people of whom YHWH has referred to as being the King of Kings. Jesus is appointed to be the king over many saints who will also be kings. However, Jesus is still a servant, and still a creation, a human being RECEIVING IMMORTALITY to the honor and glory, to the intelligence and patience of Our Almighty Father YHWH.

When Jesus returns to earth, he will, as YHWH's SERVANT and MEDIATOR, be to us as the ONLY king of kings and Lord of Lord's on earth.

TT why don't you give us a scripture that says Jesus the CHRIST will know all things Again?

AFTER Jesus rose from the dead, he is shown to STILL need even his OWN revelations of what he is going to do in the future from YHWH. He couldn't even give his own revelation, without receiving it FIRST from His Father!

TT you need to face the biblical facts that Jesus is a MAN, MADE to be a savior and king for us through the work of his Father, YHWH.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi lee said:

Excuse me TT, but the TIME was manifested BY whom? Not by Jesus's OWN time, but by the Father's. So what I said still stands!

Jodi Lee,
    What you said does NOT “still stand” because Jesus is no longer limited. The facts about Jesus are presented to us as an unfolding story in scripture. The problem with you Arians is that you close the book before you read on about His exaltation and glorification. The end result is a story that has been distorted and even misrepresented.

Jesus is no longer limited by His flesh because He has put off that flesh. He anticipated the time when He would know ALL things. He said that all truth is His own. “All that the Father has IS MINE.”

The “He” in 1 Timothy 6:15 is Christ. It is without dispute.

14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

How can you say that the pronouns “Him” and “He” refer to the Father? It clearly says, “THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'S appearing, which HE will manifest in HIS own time.” Again, the Father is not mentioned in this passage. You put the Father there because you think that Jesus is still limited. But He said that when He was glorified that all truth “IS MINE.” After He was glorified He said that He has “ALL authority.” If He now has ALL authority then he can manifest Himself in HIS own time.

Jodi Lee:

Scripture has shown that indeed there has existed throughout time several people of whom YHWH has referred to as being the King of Kings. Jesus is appointed to be the king over many saints who will also be kings.

Chapter and verse please.

Jodi Lee:

TT why don't you give us a scripture that says Jesus the CHRIST will know all things Again?

Apparently you did not read my post carefully. Before His exaltation He said “My doctrine is not mine but His that sent me.” He told His disciples that the time of His return was not His to disclose. But He anticipated the time when all truth would be His own, “ALL that the Father has IS MINE.” He was speaking about THINGS TO COME specifically and said “ALL THINGS ARE MINE.”

Jodi Lee:

Jesus is still a servant, and still a creation, a human being RECEIVING IMMORTALITY to the honor and glory, to the intelligence and patience of Our Almighty Father YHWH.

Then why did Paul say that Christ WILL become subject (future)? Paul said that when this happens Christ will deliver the kingdom and become subject in the came way that all others authorities become subject. Until then He is King of kings and Lord of lords and is subject to NONE. When this happens God WILL become all in all. Until then Christ is ALL IN ALL (Colossians 3:11).

Jodi Lee:

TT you need to face the biblical facts that Jesus is a MAN, MADE to be a savior and king for us through the work of his Father, YHWH.

You got it backwards Sis! There is not one scripture that says that Christ is Savior and King through the Father. All things come THROUGH Christ. “All things were created THROUGH Him.” Hebrews clearly says that Christ “became the AUTHOR of eternal salvation to all who obey Him” (Heb. 5:9). It says that Christ became the AUTHOR of eternal salvation! The scripture is replete with statements which say that the Father operates THROUGH Christ. Even in the days of His flesh it was notthrough the Father” as you say. It was Jesus “in” the Father and the Father “in” Jesus. No where does the Bible say “through the Father.” In His exalted condition Jesus Christ is the “Only Sovereign” (1 Timothy 6:14-16).

The Arians greatly err in saying that Jesus was merely a man. John 1:1 says that “the Word was what God was” (NEB). And verse 14 says that the Word was “made flesh.” Therefore, Jesus was more than a mere man.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    A chameleon god?
    A community god?
    A god that includes angels?

You really have no idea about our God do you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amen Thinker! I think some of these people have a hard time with scripture when they dont see Father, son, as one! Even tho Jesus tells us they are.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 16 2009,01:17)
    Amen Thinker! I think some of these people have a hard time with scripture when they dont see Father, son, as one! Even tho Jesus tells us they are.

I have absolutely NO problem with Jesus and the Father being ONE, and I may be so bold to say that I too am one with the Father and His Son. You seem to have a problem understanding WHAT that means. Jesus is a human being, I am a human being and WE are ONE with the Father. You assert that Jesus is part of the one true God, even though scripture specifically tells you that the Father ALONE is the One True God and that He is the God over Jesus, before and AFTER the resurrection the Father is declared as being a God to Jesus.  

Pure delusions, are those under the trinity.

Scripture is CLEAR that the SPECIAL ONENESS Jesus and the Father share, we ALSO SHARE!

Joh 17:11Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. ……….21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Jesus was not of this world. What does that mean? If your a trinitarian you might assert that it is another scripture proving Jesus is the One True God, and once again ignoring the fact that WE ALSO are said to share this with Jesus, just as we share in his oneness with the Father. What it TRULY means is that Jesus was in his mind united in the Spirit of God. Jesus did not follow his flesh or the world, but followed his Father. We too, those that live in the Spirit and follow the Spirit are not of this world but we are of the Father.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,08:33)

Jodi Lee said:

TO ALL:

thinker

1 Timothy 6:13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Our Almighty Father, YHWH, is the ultimate King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He alone is immortal, but He has given through His Spirit immortality to man, beginning with Jesus.

We see from scripture that Our Almighty Father has throughout time appointed certain men to be king of kings,

Ezra 7:12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, To Ezra the priest, a scribe of the Law of the God of heaven: Perfect peace, and so forth.

Ezekiel 26:7 “For thus says the Lord God: 'Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses, with chariots, and with horsemen, and an army with many people.

Daniel 2:37 You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory;  38 and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all–you are this head of gold. 39 But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.

Revelation 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

Ac 3:26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

The Father raised up His SERVANT Jesus and made him to become ruler of His kingdom. Jesus ascended to sit at the right hand of His Father and His God, and be a Mediator for His Father unto us.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Our Almighty Father appointed the MAN, Jesus to be King over all the kings that will rule with Christ when he returns to FINISH the work of His Father.

Re 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants–things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

Jesus, as our appointed King of kings, RECEIVES all things from His Father, of whom Jesus also calls, his God.  Even that which Jesus himself will accomplish in the future comes not from his own will but from that of his Father's.

Good Morning Thinker,

I think you must have missed this post bro!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 16 2009,01:17)

Kat,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Their biggest problem is that they refuse to look at the narratives of Jesus as a progressive and unfolding story. They read the story up to a certain point and then they close the book. The result is a false account.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker…….Go back and read what Jodi, posted , only this time (REALLY) think about it. These scriptures she posted are (CLEAR) and if you will remove you preconceived Trinitarian ideologies you can easily see and get the understanding from them. Wake UP!

peace and love……………….gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,02:21)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,08:33)

Jodi Lee said:

TO ALL:

thinker

Good Morning Thinker,

I think you must have missed this post bro!

Jodi Lee,
    I did not miss the post. If you scroll up you will see that I answered it in part. The statements that God the Father is above all does not include Jesus. He is at the Father's right hand so Jesus must be excluded. So I fail to see how the Father's appointing Him to be King disproves trinitarianism. If the Father appointed Him as King then He is really the ONLY King. Paul said that Jesus existed in God's form and then humbled Himself and made Himself nothing. He yielded to God and was rewarded for His obedience. The Father gave back to Him the rank He had before He took on the form of a servant.

This is not rocket science Sis!

Paul said that all things were created by Jesus and FOR Jesus. He said also that Christ is “all in all” now (Col. 3:11). Therefore, all the statements that refer to the Father as “above all” must EXCLUDE Jesus. Again, this is not rocket science.

that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 1
    5 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

Don't forget Revelation 19 also which says that the name “King of kings and Lord of lords” is Christ's name. This is solified by what is said immediately before that “He Himself” will rule with a rod of iron and that “He Himself” will tread the winepress.

I want to add one more text about Christ's knowing ALL things now. Revelation 5 says that no one was counted worthy to read the scroll except the Lamb Himself. Guess what Sis? The scroll contains ALL the events leading to His second coming including the TIMING of those events. Both the reading and the interpretation of the scroll has been given TO THE LAMB.

But you will say, “Aha! The Father gave Him the scroll so He is under the Father.” But it says that it was given to Him because HE IS WORTHY. If worthy then the Father owed it to Him.

***You constantly fail to tell the whole story.*** A half truth is a LIE.

Does “only” mean “only” as you say it does in John 17:3?

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 693 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account