The messenger of jehovah was jehovah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 693 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,13:57)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 08 2009,05:30)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,13:15)
    Hi WJ,
    No, lets be honest.

You have searched for verses that might offer some possible support for false catholic dogmas.

When will you truly serve God and His son and not falsehood?

NH

Oh so you are calling me a liar now? You are a sad excuse for a moderator!

WJ

Hi WJ,
    How is calling for us to be honest calling you a liar?
    You should seek what scripture teaches and not listen to the liars who invented trinity.

NH

No you are not calling for “Us” to be honest.

Look at your words, you are calling for me to be honest!

WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,13:57)

Hi WJ,
    No, lets be honest.

You have searched for verses that might offer some possible support for false catholic dogmas.

NH

WJ

Hi WJ,
    How is calling for us to be honest calling you a liar?
    You should seek what scripture teaches and not listen to the liars who invented trinity.

Its the same ole crap. Just call Trinitarians liars and names.

Its not about discussing scriptures.

Its about personal attacks.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    LET US BE HONEST seems to be rather a call for mutual honesty.
    Are you diverting again?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,14:13)
    Hi WJ,
    Are you diverting again?

NH

You didn't say “Let us”, you said..

“Lets be honest”, and proceeded with “You have searched for verses that might offer some possible support for false catholic dogmas.”

Infering that I am not honest and seeking to support catholic dogmas.

Who is diverting?

WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 07 2009,14:20)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,14:13)
    Hi WJ,
    Are you diverting again?

NH

You didn't say “Let us”, you said..

“Lets be honest”, and proceeded with “You have searched for verses that might offer some possible support for false catholic dogmas.”

Infering that I am not honest and seeking to support catholic dogmas.

Who is diverting?

WJ

WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER TALKING TO YOU?

Lord forgive me for engaging with this man!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    WE should be honest and frank in our discussions should we not?
    You cannot find trinity in the mouth of Jesus or any servant of God and truth is written so where does this dogma come from-honestly it comes from man!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 08 2009,06:26)
    Hi WJ,
    WE should be honest and frank in our discussions should we not?
    You cannot find trinity in the mouth of Jesus or any servant of God and truth is written so where does this dogma come from-honestly it comes from man!

It comes from the mouth of the Father. He called His Son “God” and said that the creation is the works of His hands (Heb. 1:8-10).

You reject the Father's own testimony. So why do you call Him your God? ???

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So if God and his scriptures call Jesus, angels and men god how does that add up to declaring they are a trinity?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 07 2009,01:37)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 07 2009,00:16)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 06 2009,21:41)
    Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 06 2009,21:00)
    [Just so you know, tradition doesn't establish some theory as truth…sorry, even if many follow it.

The Trinity is not a tradition, but an established doctrine by the majority of Christianity and the Christian Churches.

So my statement is not uncalled for.

According to the Church that you go to you believe in heresy!

WJ

Keith,
    No pastor that I have discussed my theory with has ever labeled me a heretic.  All Christian churches are not equal in their errors.

Kathi

Kathi

I am glad to hear that! And contrary to what you may think of me, I wish you no ill. I believe like you we should all endevour to keep the Unity of the Spirit until we all come to the unity of the faith.

I have been here a long time and made thousands of post that I believe in with my whole heart like everyone else or I would not post them.

I suppose I have grown a little weary of the condescending and name calling and patronizing by those who disagree with the Trinity. To often it becomes a contest of throwing stones and name calling, as you say rather than just sticking to the scritpures.

Blessings WJ

Good post Keith!

I know that you get your share of name calling and it must get to you, I know it does get to me too. I'm sure we would do well over a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. Keep your chin up and go for that unity of the Spirit…I like that. K

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think some people need to read a commentary bible that explains scripture in detail. You can get them at any Bible book store. I am looking at my pastors right now. It is called “The Complete Bible Commentary”- contributions from: Dobson, Feinberg,Hindson, Kroll, Wilmington and more. They explain every scripture in detail. In John 1;1 it says:IN THE BEGINNING. This opening statement is a repetition of the opening statement of the bible.(Gen 1:1) When time began, the word was already in existence. WAS THE WORD.This unique name for Christ (Gr logos) occurs only four times in the New Testament as a name.(1;1 14, 1 John 1;1 Rev.19:13 and is utilized only by John the apostle. Since words reveal the thoughts of one person to another, Christ as the Eternal word is a revelation as God to man. AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD. The words translated WITH GOD (Gr pros ton theon) could be rendered “face to face with God” Two important thoughts emerge from this statement. first the word is a diistinct person. Second, the word was enjoying communication and fellowship with another distinct person, God the father. AND THE WORD WAS GOD. Lest the reader assume that the Word as a distinct person is less than God, John concludes the verse with an emphatic statement that the Word was completely GOD. To lend the greatest possible emphasis to the importance of this statement, it literally reads “and God was the Word. The subject and predicate are reversed to underline the deity of the Word.THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD this verse simply summarizes the deep theological truths revealed in the first verse.(3) ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. This verse establishes Christ as the subject of creation and not the object of creation. He was the creator, not the created. One scholar translates the latter part of this verse as follows: 'and apart from him not a single thing that exits came into being” (William Hendriksen, The Gospel of St. John.p.71)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kat,
    Do you agree with Jesus that the Father is the God of the Jews and that he is the son of God?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gotquestions.org–Giving gifts at christmas- Many people take the idea of gift giving at Christmas back to the scripture in Matthew 2:10-11 which talks about the Magi (wise men) giving gifts to Jesus at his home: “When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.”

The Bible gives a wonderful story about the gift God gave us—Jesus Christ—and we can use it as an opportunity to present the gospel and to show love. Giving and receiving gifts can be part of fulfilling what Paul says about giving in 2 Corinthians 8:7-8, “But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.” Paul was talking to the churches who were giving him gifts (financial) so that he could keep on in the ministry. We can apply this same lesson to our own lives by giving to others, not just at Christmas, but year round!

So, can gift giving become the focus of Christmas instead of thanking the Lord for the gift of His Son (John 3:16)? Absolutely! Does giving gifts have to take away from the true meaning of Christmas? No, it does not. If we focus on the wonderful gift of salvation the Lord has given us (Isaiah 9:6), giving to others is a natural expression of that gratitude. The key is our focus. Is your focus on the gift, or on the ultimate gift-giver, our gracious Heavenly Father? “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights…” (James 1:17).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kat,
    I agree that Jesus is the Son of God sent to us by his God and our God, the Father[1cor8]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kajto………Why do you have to give gifts at Christmas time why not any time of the Year, what makes “Christmas ” so special , when it derives it's tradition form pagan origins. The reason it all takes place on Dec 25, is that was a pagan celebration of New berth, the solace of the SUN GOD giving new berth to the earth. There are many reasons not to celebrate Christmas. WE are told by GOD not to learn the way of the Heathens.

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. ..3..> For the customs of the people are vain: for one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman with the axe…4..> They deck it with silver and with gold: they fasten it with nails and with hammers; the it move not.

Christmas simply derives it source from Pagan Origins . No matter what the Catholic Church says, you mask a pig and put a different name on it, but it is still a pig. The same of the Sex GODDESS (ISHTAR) or EASTER (easter eggs and bunnies) all sex symbol's of pagans.

gene

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not Catholic!! Im Baptist! And I see no harm in giving a gift on Christmas! Did you read the post on page 51 about Jesus's Birth? Just curious.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    No, lets be honest.

NH

WJ

Hi WJ.

I think there is a difference between being deceived and telling lies. I am not making a judgement as to which one, but if you take either stance 'Trinity' or 'One God the Father', at least one of you is deceived and that someone is must also be lying by reason of the fact that both of you teach what you believe.

Without taking anything into consideration, either one has a 50% chance of being the one teaching lies. That is if one is also right.

When you add in scripture, the pendulum starts to swing toward one view. You know which one I say it is.

“For us there is one God the Father”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    When you lead your congregation saying

“Let us pray,…”

are you implying that they are never pray and are utterly godless??

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 07 2009,18:17)
    Gotquestions.org–Giving gifts at christmas- Many people take the idea of gift giving at Christmas back to the scripture in Matthew 2:10-11 which talks about the Magi (wise men) giving gifts to Jesus at his home: “When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.”

The Bible gives a wonderful story about the gift God gave us—Jesus Christ—and we can use it as an opportunity to present the gospel and to show love. Giving and receiving gifts can be part of fulfilling what Paul says about giving in 2 Corinthians 8:7-8, “But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.” Paul was talking to the churches who were giving him gifts (financial) so that he could keep on in the ministry. We can apply this same lesson to our own lives by giving to others, not just at Christmas, but year round!

So, can gift giving become the focus of Christmas instead of thanking the Lord for the gift of His Son (John 3:16)? Absolutely! Does giving gifts have to take away from the true meaning of Christmas? No, it does not. If we focus on the wonderful gift of salvation the Lord has given us (Isaiah 9:6), giving to others is a natural expression of that gratitude. The key is our focus. Is your focus on the gift, or on the ultimate gift-giver, our gracious Heavenly Father? “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights…” (James 1:17).

The gifts were for a king, not a birthday. They were kingly gifts which were custom then and now.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:20-23

Do you know what is sad? These people above were faithful believers in God, but they are denied salvation, why?

Becaused they believed in, followed, and gave excuses for false teachings and traditions.

Truly sad one one see's a crooked path as straight.

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revalation 22:14-15

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 693 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account