The messenger of jehovah was jehovah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 693 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

Thinker……..Post where i said words are not personal. Misrepresenting people and scripture seems to be what you do most. Show us ALL where i said words we speak are not personal , would like very much to see that.  Deluded Trinitarian mind set seems to foster that type of talk. If we say something we need to be able to back it up, not just mouth it off. IMO

Gene,
    Note your words I put in red bold lettering,

thinker………. You said if the word did not reference Jesus then who does it reference, it references the expressed intellect of the LORD GOD HIMSELF> The word (became)flesh  means came to be in Flesh, you and I both Know, that a (WORD) can never (BE) Flesh, so it must reference came to be (IN) Flesh, the Flesh here is referencing Jesus himself.The Fathers word were in Jesus the SON and can also be in Us. Jesus said the words He spoke were not (His) but the FATHERS. The same applies to us also if we Speak those words they are not our words but the Fathers Words. Using the word (WORD) as a person is not a correct way to understand it. remember John knew very well who Jesus was and If he in JOHN 1:1 was wanting to refer to Jesus he simply would have wrote Jesus. But trinitarian ideologies want us to (ASSUME) that , but thats not what is written, and there is no reason for us to assume it.  IMO

There it is Gene! You said that the Word is not a person. Read the whole thread. I spent a lot of time trying to show you that the Word is a person. Now all of a sudden you “completely agree” with Kathi. You should hide in embarassment for a while.

Click on the link below. Your post is the second on the page.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….9;st=10

thinker

Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 06 2009,21:00)
    [Just so you know, tradition doesn't establish some theory as truth…sorry, even if many follow it.

The Trinity is not a tradition, but an established doctrine by the majority of Christianity and the Christian Churches.

So my statement is not uncalled for.

According to the Church that you go to you believe in heresy!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So majority rules?
    The road is narrow and few choose it.
    Scripture establishes doctrine not majority votes

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think some people need to read a commentary bible that explains scripture in detail. You can get them at any Bible book store. I am looking at my pastors right now. It is called “The Complete Bible Commentary”- contributions from: Dobson, Feinberg,Hindson, Kroll, Wilmington and more. They explain every scripture in detail. In John 1;1 it says:IN THE BEGINNING. This opening statement is a repetition of the opening statement of the bible.(Gen 1:1) When time began, the word was already in existence. WAS THE WORD.This unique name for Christ (Gr logos) occurs only four times in the New Testament as a name.(1;1 14, 1 John 1;1 Rev.19:13 and is utilized only by John the apostle. Since words reveal the thoughts of one person to another, Christ as the Eternal word is a revelation as God to man. AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD. The words translated WITH GOD (Gr pros ton theon) could be rendered “face to face with God” Two important thoughts emerge from this statement. first the word is a diistinct person. Second, the word was enjoying communication and fellowship with another distinct person, God the father. AND THE WORD WAS GOD. Lest the reader assume that the Word as a distinct person is less than God, John concludes the verse with an emphatic statement that the Word was completely GOD. To lend the greatest possible emphasis to the importance of this statement, it literally reads “and God was the Word. The subject and predicate are reversed to underline the deity of the Word.THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD this verse simply summarizes the deep theological truths revealed in the first verse.(3) ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. This verse establishes Christ as the subject of creation and not the object of creation. He was the creator, not the created. One scholar translates the latter part of this verse as follows: 'and apart from him not a single thing that exits came into being” (William Hendriksen, The Gospel of St. John.p.71) I want to add some from Colossians, but will have to do it tomorrow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Do you think this means Jesus was God Himself?

But he told the Jews the Father was their God[Jn8.54]and he is the Son of God
    He told them he was returning to his God Who was their God.[Jn20.17]
    So you should prefer his words to those of any biased commentator.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 07 2009,13:07)
    Gene said:

Thinker……..Post where i said words are not personal. Misrepresenting people and scripture seems to be what you do most. Show us ALL where i said words we speak are not personal , would like very much to see that.  Deluded Trinitarian mind set seems to foster that type of talk. If we say something we need to be able to back it up, not just mouth it off. IMO

Gene,
    Note your words I put in red bold lettering,

thinker………. You said if the word did not reference Jesus then who does it reference, it references the expressed intellect of the LORD GOD HIMSELF> The word (became)flesh  means came to be in Flesh, you and I both Know, that a (WORD) can never (BE) Flesh, so it must reference came to be (IN) Flesh, the Flesh here is referencing Jesus himself.The Fathers word were in Jesus the SON and can also be in Us. Jesus said the words He spoke were not (His) but the FATHERS. The same applies to us also if we Speak those words they are not our words but the Fathers Words. Using the word (WORD) as a person is not a correct way to understand it. remember John knew very well who Jesus was and If he in JOHN 1:1 was wanting to refer to Jesus he simply would have wrote Jesus. But trinitarian ideologies want us to (ASSUME) that , but thats not what is written, and there is no reason for us to assume it.  IMO

There it is Gene! You said that the Word is not a person. Read the whole thread. I spent a lot of time trying to show you that the Word is a person. Now all of a sudden you “completely agree” with Kathi. You should hide in embarassment for a while.

Click on the link below. Your post is the second on the page.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….9;st=10

thinker

Thinker……That has nothing to do with me saying a word is not personal. I said a word is not a (PERSON) or BEING,meaning It is SPIRIT that is (IN) a person, The subject of Personal or not has nothing to do with that statement i made. But i realize there is not end to your confusion and you will draw any straw you can to try to discredit those who don't by into the deluded Trinitarian teachings. Man you just bounce all over the place trying so desperately to discredit someone don't you? Desperate times i guess call for desperate measures right?

gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 06 2009,21:41)
    Kathi

[Just so you know, tradition doesn't establish some theory as truth…sorry, even if many follow it.

The Trinity is not a tradition, but an established doctrine by the majority of Christianity and the Christian Churches.

WJ

Keith,
    No pastor that I have discussed my theory with has ever labeled me a heretic. All Christian churches are not equal in their errors.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2009,22:37)
    Hi WJ,
    So majority rules?

True Nick!

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 07 2009,00:16)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 06 2009,21:41)
    Kathi

WJ

Keith,
    No pastor that I have discussed my theory with has ever labeled me a heretic.  All Christian churches are not equal in their errors.

Kathi

Kathi

I am glad to hear that! And contrary to what you may think of me, I wish you no ill. I believe like you we should all endevour to keep the Unity of the Spirit until we all come to the unity of the faith.

I have been here a long time and made thousands of post that I believe in with my whole heart like everyone else or I would not post them.

I suppose I have grown a little weary of the condescending and name calling and patronizing by those who disagree with the Trinity. To often it becomes a contest of throwing stones and name calling, as you say rather than just sticking to the scritpures.

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,
    So majority rules?

NH

That statement was made concerning those who are saved and those who arent.

Are you prepared to say that the majority of Christians today are not saved because they believe in the Trinity and you are saved because you do not?

Compared to the world the saved are the few that Jesus spoke of and most of them are Trinitarians!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 07 2009,17:42)

Hi WJ,
    So majority rules?

NH

Are you prepared to say that the majority of Christians today are not saved because they believe in the Trinity and you are saved because you do not?

Compared to the world the saved are the few that Jesus spoke of and most of them are Trinitarians!

WJ

Hi WJ,
    Is there salvation in any other name under heaven?
    Is baptism in any other name the same?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,03:00)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 07 2009,17:42)

Hi WJ,
    So majority rules?

NH

WJ

Hi WJ,
    Is there salvation in any other name under heaven?
    Is baptism in any other name the same?

NH

That is exactly the point.

Its all about Jesus isn't it?

When you realize God says only he is our Savour and yet Jesus is our Savour, not by proxy but by his own blood, then you will understand the Trinitarian view!

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to “feed the church of God, which he (God) hath purchased with his own blood“. Acts 20:28

The Father didn't give his own blood did he?

By Jesus own act of sacrifice he willingly died for the sin of the world! He left his place of Glory with the Father and became poor that we might be rich!

WJ

georg
    Participant

Quote (Christian Biker @ Aug. 04 2009,14:32)

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 04 2009,12:04)

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 03 2009,10:13)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 03 2009,06:11)
    Hi TT,
    So angels never spoke for God?
    You have read of the burning bush where the angel spoke for God?

The Angels of God often do this as direct conveyors of messages for God

Your scripture twisting Nick. The angel said to Hagar, “I will multiply your seed.” The Angel did not say “He” but “I will multiply your seed.” The angel could not say this unless He was God. And Hagar replied to the one who spoke with her and called Him “Jehovah” and “God.” Did you get that Nick? Hagar called the Angel by the name Jehovah.

Moses also called the Angel “Jehovah” (Exodus 4:1).

Therefore, the Angel who spoke for Jehovah was Jehovah.

Aren't you glad that all your sins are forgiven including your doctrinal falsehoods? Jesus won't bring up your errors when you get to heaven because He washed them all away! :D

thinker

What Bible are you using?  In my King James Bible it says
    Then Moses said ” Suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say;”  The LORD has not appeared to you.
    Also my Bible does not speak of Jehovah at all.  Somebody told me that the Bible speak of Jehovah 38 times.  I like to know which Bible that is?
    Irene

Hi Irene
    Someone misinformed you; in the preserved word of God for the English speaking people, the King James Bible, the name “JEHOVAH” (as God) only appears 4 times. However; there are 3 additional occasions of altar’s named Jehovah with the appendages: jireh, nissi, and shalom.

Exo 6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Psa 83:18  That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Isa 12:2  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Isa 26:4  Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

Gen 22:14  And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.

Exo 17:15  And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovahnissi:

Jdg 6:24  Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.

Now let me tell you what the KJ Bible says.
    Ex. 6:3 ” I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty but by My name LORD I was not known to them.

Psalm 83:18 ” That men may know that You, whose name alone is the LORD, Are the Most High over all the earth.

is. 12:2 Behold God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid, For Yah the LORD is my strenght and my song; He also has become my salvation.

Trust in  the LORD forever, for in Yah the LORD is everlasting strenght.  

Gen. 22:14  And Abraham called the place, The LORD- Will-Provide; as it is said to this day”In the Mount of the LORD it shall provided.

Ex. 17:15 And oses built an Altar and called its name” The- LORD-Is-My-Banner.

Jg. 6:24 So Gideon built an altar there to the LORD, and called it The-LORD-Shalom.  To this day it still in Ophra of the
    Abiezrites.

In all of these Books in the King James it only says twice Yah.
    All other it says LORD.  No Jehovah God is not at all mentioned. I am very well informed.  And only one time is Shalom in Jg. used.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So you make Jesus into a part of his God?
    You realize that the Father is the one true God but allow catholic dogma to distort what is simple.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,12:10)
    Hi WJ,
    So you make Jesus into a part of his God?
    You realize that the Father is the one true God but allow catholic dogma to distort what is simple.

NH

I simply believe the scriptures as they are without all the oppologetics and explaining away the text!

I am looking for “The appearing” of my Great God and Savour, Jesus Christ, for that is my blessed hope. How about you?

while we wait for the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of “our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ“, Titus 2:13

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    No, lets be honest.

You have searched for verses that might offer some possible support for false catholic dogmas.

When will you truly serve God and His son and not falsehood?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,13:15)
    Hi WJ,
    No, lets be honest.

You have searched for verses that might offer some possible support for false catholic dogmas.

NH

Oh so you are calling me a liar now? You are a sad excuse for a moderator!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said to WJ:

We gotcha ya Nick! You exhorted WJ to “serve God AND His Son.” You're an idolater Nick.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 08 2009,05:30)

Hi WJ,
    No, lets be honest.

NH

WJ

Hi WJ,
    How is calling for us to be honest calling you a liar?
    You should seek what scripture teaches and not listen to the liars who invented trinity.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,13:57)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 08 2009,05:30)

Hi WJ,
    No, lets be honest.

NH

WJ

Hi WJ,
    How is calling for us to be honest calling you a liar?
    You should seek what scripture teaches and not listen to the liars who invented trinity.

NH

Because you do not know if I am dishonest and you should not infer such.

God knows my heart and you do not. I believe sincerely everything that I teach here and it is not because of some CC dogma as you accuse me of!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 693 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account