The messenger of jehovah was jehovah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 693 total)
  • Author

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,01:09)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,11:30)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,19:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 16 2009,11:17)
    Hi Jodi

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,18:57)
    If Jesus were raised from the dead to become the One True God again, then why would he need to be GIVEN authority?

You really do not listen very well at all or you just choose not to hear!

Jack has never implied in the slightest that Jesus rose “from the dead to become the One True God again”.

In light of Phil 2 Jesus who was in the form of God, emptied himself for us, (which by the way is proof of his deity) by leaving the Glory he shared with the Father and has returned to the Glory that he had with the Father!

Tell me Jodi, when was Jesus rich and become poor so that we might be rich?

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that “though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor“, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Cor 8:9

Is there any scriptural support for Jesus being rich in this world? If not then it only stands to reason the Apostle Paul is speaking of his preexisting status with the Father before he emptied himself and came in the likeness of sinful flesh!

WJ

WJ,

Do you and Jack believe that Jesus is the One True God or NOT? I am confused.

Hi Jodi

I understand how you can be confused!

You try to seperate the ontological nature of Jesus from the Fathers!

Thats kind of like trying to prove that your Son cannot be human like his Dad because he is his Son!

There is “One True God”, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, these three are “ONE”.

You still cannot grasp “Plural Unity” can you?

WJ

I get it, and if there is ONE thing I know for sure, such teaching DOES not exist in scripture.

If the Spirit that dwells in Christ dwells in me then I am also ONE with the Father and with Christ.

WJ, am I also part of the trinity? Am I the One True God also? :O

Jodi

Many thousands disagree with you!

You deny many scriptures that are proof of Jesus Deity!

WJ

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,01:23)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,12:47)

Hi Jodi

If Jesus were raised from the dead to become the One True God again, then why would he need to be GIVEN authority?

Jack has never implied in the slightest that Jesus rose “from the dead to become the One True God again”.

In light of Phil 2 Jesus who was in the form of God, emptied himself for us, (which by the way is proof of his deity) by leaving the Glory he shared with the Father and has returned to the Glory that he had with the Father!

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that “though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor“, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Cor 8:9

Is there any scriptural support for Jesus being rich in this world? If not then it only stands to reason the Apostle Paul is speaking of his preexisting status with the Father before he emptied himself and came in the likeness of sinful flesh!

WJ

WJ,

Hi Jodi

Thats kind of like trying to prove that your Son cannot be human like his Dad because he is his Son!

There is “One True God”, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, these three are “ONE”.

WJ

WJ,

If this were true then scripture would say so but it goes completely against this.

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Then we have

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' ”

Ro 15:6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Jesus is an immortal human being, he is still a man. The CHRIST was to be a MAN, not a god son turned into a man then turned back into a god son, but a MAN!

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Mr 14:62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”  

Ac 7:56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and theSon of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Romans 1:3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Making the CHRIST part of the One True God, is IMO the definition of the antichrist. Christ was a promise of a man becoming an immortal man. Christ is the first MAN raised from the dead to receive eternal life, and our hope is in the fact that if the Father did in fact raise Jesus the MAN from the dead and was able to give a man eternal life, then we should believe that He can do the same for us.

Re 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Jesus is the Son of Man, he is the root and offspring of David, he the Son of God, what Jesus is the One True God, that is EXCLUSIVELY said to be the Father!! Do you DENY this WJ?

WJ, when people in the NT speak of Jesus, saying “surely this is the Son of God, surely this is the CHRIST” why did they say that? It was because they were taught by the prophets that YHWH would raise up a man of the seed of David who YHWH would be a Father to. They were told through the prophets that a man would not see corruption, but would become an eternal king. Jesus being declared as the Messiah, and as the Son of God has EVERYTHING to do with him being a HUMAN being, not a pre-existent son god.

WJ,

I am waiting for you to explain how all these scriptures can fit your doctrine.

You said that “the One True God IS, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”, however scripture shows what you teach is a FLAT OUT LIE, for it says that the FATHER is the ONE True God!

How do you explain the direct exclusion of Jesus from this?

What authority do YOU posses that you think you can so blatantly deny scripture?

Seriously, how is it that Jesus, AFTER his resurrection, can be the One True God, but at the same time have a God himself, the same God as scripture declares as being the One True God?

Are we to believe that Jesus is his own God? We are to believe according to you and Jack, that Jesus is his own father right?

No, I am going to stick with scripture thank you very much. Jesus is FLESH, he is the man who's flesh did not received corruption but immortality. For Jesus is truly THE CHRIST, and truly the SON of the One True God!

Jodi

The post immediatly following yours by Jack is answer to your posted scriptures.

You see Jesus as a mere man an
    d thats it. So you have made a mere man as your Lord and Master, and that my friend is Idolatry!

You cannot serve two masters!

You need to go and see what Paul meant by saying he is was a Bondslave for Jesus!

Literally Paul was claiming to be Jesus slave. Do you think that Paul a Hebrew of the Hebrews would give such devotion to just a mere man?

You disgrace the Gospel of Christ by claiming that Jesus being called God is Anti-Christ!

It is you who are of the Spirit of Anti-Christ for you have denied that Jesus the Word that was with God and was God has come in the flesh!

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………..Where did Jesus ever deny His David linage , Jesus had to be David's offspring , As He himself said in revelations, He is the root of David, who GOD promised would come and restore the Kingdom of David. (that is yet to happen at his return). Jesus ask (HOW) is it that He is David's Son, He did not say He was (NOT) Davids decedent, did he?, that part you are adding to scripture. Jesus is Davids son by the power of GOD that is (HOW) he is the son of David. Can't you see by denying that is to contradict other scriptures that say He would be Davids Son. He is the off Shoot of DAVID, as Scripture plainly says. Your trinitarian shell game Just does not work thinker. Every time you Trinitarians profess something you have to go against so many other scriptures that prove you wrong , no where does it say in scripture that Jesus is not the son of David in fact it confirms that he is the son of David or He could not take the Kingdom of David and continue it as GOD promised DAVID He would DO. Making the (HOW) into saying He is NOT, is just another of the false teaching of the TRINITY Dogma. O and yes a LORD can be the LORD of HIS FATHER> AS Jesus was to DAVID He is DAVID'S Lord and His son, (you need to understand (HOW) that works is the question, clue for you, it works by the POWER OF GOD< Jesus' and DAVIDS and OUR GOD, that is (HOW) it works. Drawing straws and playing shell games and denying plain scriptures spoken by Jesus and the Apostles only show you lack of understanding of the truth. How come you and WJ can't explain all the scriptures Jodi posted and how they fit into all your TRINITARIAN Doctrines? Change subject matter is all you can come up with?, be specific and address those scriptures She Posted (IF) you can. IMO

peace and love………………………..gene

peace and love……………………..gene

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,01:09)
    WJ, am I also part of the trinity? Am I the One True God also? :O

No, but does your Spirit live in millions of believers, and speaks to them and hears their prayers and intercedes for them and knows all their thoughts and crys and comes in the midst of 2 or 3 that are gathered in his name all at the same time?

Can you hold every believer in your hand with the promise that no man can pluck them out of your hand?

Can you promise that you will never leave them nor forsake them?

Can you uphold all things by the word of your power?

Can you fill all things and by you does all things consist?

Then no you are not “The True God” but Jesus is!

But you go ahead and continue to see him in the flesh, because that shows how little the Jesus you serve is!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

Yes exactly it was GIVEN to the Lamb, it did not COME from the Lamb, it came from the Father and was given to the Lamb.

So He does possess all knowledge now. Right?

Jodi Lee:

The authority of which Jesus has been given is the AUTHORITY to CARRY out the PLANS and WILL of YHWH, his Father.

Sorry, but the authority you have desccribed is not “ALL authority.” I have given you these scriptures before:

John 5:21:

For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them them, even so the Son gives life to wom HE WILL

Matthew 11:27:

All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom THE SON WILLS to reveal Him.

These are clear statements. The Son saves and reveals the Father to whomsoever HE HIMSELF WILLS.

Jodi Lee:

TT, just look at what these scriptures show,

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants–things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

Jesus had to receive that which he would do in the future from his Father.

I agree. But you down play the fact that He earned the right to open the book. According to chapter 5 Jesus was “worthy” to open the book. It says also that He “prevailed” to open the book. The Father had no choice but to give Him the book. An agreement is an agreement!

Jodi Lee:

Jesus is still doing the work of his Father

The passage you gave from Luke 24 says no such thing.

Jodi Lee:

If Jesus were raised from the dead to become the One True God again, then why would he need to be GIVEN authority? Obviously if you have been GIVEN authority you sit under the person who gave it to you.

First, I noticed that you referred to Christ's authority twice and you left out the word “ALL.” Jesus did not receive a mere authority. He received “ALL authority.” One who has “ALL authority” cannot have anyone above him in authority.

Jodi Lee:

The authority that was given to Jesus, is proven not to be a sort of authority for Jesus to do whatever he wanted with it, but it is a specific authority, the authority to carry out the Father's will and plan.

I have already disproved this in the two passages I gave above. Jesus may save whom HE WILLS and he may also reveal the Father to whomsoever HE WILLS. If this was not the case then the Father did not really give Him “ALL authority.” THE KING OF KINGS IS FREE TO DO WHATSOEVER HE WANTS!

Each time you have referred to Christ's authority you have cleverly omitted the word “ALL.” One who has ALL authority IS SOVEREIGN!

Jodi Lee:

So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.[/b]“

Jesus is STILL under the FATHER and doing what the Father asks. The Father SENT Jesus to the disciples.

Read it again Sis. It says that He said to them “again” that He was sent by the Father and that He in turn sends them into the world. Jesus was not saying that He was sent by the Father to the disciples in that situation. He was REPEATING what He had told them before about His being sent into the world because He wanted to REPEAT His ORIGINAL commission to them.

That was a lame argument. Paul explicitly said that Christ will be subject (future),

1 Corinthians 15:28:
    “Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself also WILL BE subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.”

Paul's statement that Christ “will be” subject makes no sense at all if He is subject now.

You have been disproven. You deny that Jesus has been given “ALL authority.” This means that you deny that He is at the Father's right hand.

Jodi Lee:

Scripture specifically tells us that the FATHER is the One True God, and that Jesus is the CHRIST

Scripture says also that there is only one King of Kings and Lord of lords. Yet you have two. ??? You equivocate words. You say “only” means “only” in John 17:3 but not in 1 Timothy 6:15. Paul explicitly said that Jesus Christ was the “ONLY Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords.”

I will take you seriously when you show that you can apply words consistently and not equivocate them when it fits your theology. “Only true God” in reference to the Father meant exactly that. And “Only Sovereign King of kings” in reference to Christ meant exactly that. The word “only” means the same. NO EQUIVOCATION.

Jesus said “only true God” while He was still servant to His Father. So it was true WHEN He said it. AFTERWARDS He was exalted and the Father has said TO HIM, “Your throne O GOD is forever and ever.”

Jodi Lee:

the human Messiah, firstborn of the dead, the root and offspring of David.

He is the ROOT of David as well as His offspring. This is why David knew Him as his Lord. Give us your definition of the word “root.”

Jesus is the God of the His Father's new covenant people. So get with the program!

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……….You have the recipient of the SPIRIT of GOD as (THE) GOD. Jesus said the FATHER was IN HIM not that HE was the FATHER, So ask yourself How was the FATHER (Who is God) (IN) Him , answer (BY HIS SPIRIT) the Same SPIRIT that can BE IN US ALSO. “LET (THIS) MIND BE IN YOU THAT WAS (ALSO) IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD. GET IT? , same mind no different same God no different GOD'S of triune Beings, Just ONE GOD< IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL. WJ, come out of those false teaching and start teaching the truth. IMO

peace and love to you……………………..gene

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 16 2009,11:43)
    WJ……….You have the recipient of the SPIRIT of GOD as (THE) GOD. Jesus said the FATHER was IN HIM not that HE was the FATHER, So ask yourself How was the FATHER (Who is God) (IN) Him , answer (BY HIS SPIRIT) the Same SPIRIT that can BE IN US ALSO. “LET (THIS) MIND BE IN YOU THAT WAS (ALSO) IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD. GET IT? , same mind no different same God no different GOD'S of triune Beings, Just ONE GOD< IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL. WJ, come out of those false teaching and start teaching the truth. IMO

Gene

Does Jesus being in the Father mean that the Father is not God?

Then how can you say that the Father being in Jesus is proof that he is not God?

Is Jesus living in you Gene? Who is living in you Gene?

WJ

Gene

If Jesus is exactly like us, then tell us how Jesus lives in and among believers all over the world?

You have the same Spirit that Jesus had!

Why are you not able to do what Jesus does?

WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,10:57)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 16 2009,03:08)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,02:21)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 15 2009,08:33)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 15 2009,06:34)
    Jodi Lee said:

The Father has appointed Jesus to be a king,

TO ALL:

Can you see how Jodi Lee cleverly worded her statement? She said that the Father appointed Jesus to be “a king” (indefinite article and small case “k”). She is clearly disobedient to the word of God.

Nathaniel did not say to Jesus, “You are a king of Israel.” He said, “You are THE King of Israel.” Jesus did not ride into Jerusalem as “a king” of Israel. He rode into Jerusalem as THE King of Israel.

The inscription on His cross did not read “This is Jesus of Nazareth a king of the Jews.” It read, “This is Jesus of Nazaereth THE King of the Jews.”

There is only ONE King Jodi:

that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords (1 Timothy 6:15)

It says that Jesus Christ is the “ONLY” King of kings and Lord of lords.” Does “only” mean “only” here as it does in John 17:3?  

Btw, the scripture says that God was Christ's Father. God was NEVER called Christ's king. The word “god” does not necessarily imply sovereignty for men and angels were called “gods.” But the word “basileus” (King) implies sovereignty.

thinker

TT, not only do you continually deny many plain and direct scriptures, you also misinterpret the ones you use in your defense.

1 Timothy 6:13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

Verse 15 the 'He' there is the Father, Christ did not know the time of his appearing, but the Father knew, it was according to the Father's designated time. Plus sinful men certainly saw Jesus after he rose from the dead. No man, except Jesus has literally seen the Father. YHWH dwells in unapproachable light, because sin cannot be in the presence of Our Almighty Father. This is one of the reasons WHY Jesus is our mediator. Jesus was certainly able to appear before men, he even ate and drank with them.  

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Our Almighty Father, YHWH, is the ultimate King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He alone is immortal, but He has given through His Spirit immortality to man, beginning with Jesus.

We see from scripture that Our Almighty Father has throughout time appointed certain men to be king of kings,

Ezra 7:12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, To Ezra the priest, a scribe of the Law of the God of heaven: Perfect peace, and so forth.

Ezekiel 26:7 “For thus says the Lord God: 'Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses, with chariots, and with horsemen, and an army with many people.

Daniel 2:37 You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory;  38 and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all–you are this head of gold. 39 But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.

Revelation 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

Ac 3:26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

The Father raised up His SERVANT Jesus and made him to become ruler of His kingdom. Jesus ascended to sit at the right hand of His Father and His God, and be a Mediator for His Father unto us.

Let's not IGNORE scripture!

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Our Almighty Father appointed the MAN, Jesus to be King over all the kings that will rule with Christ when he returns to FINISH the work of His Father.

Re 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants–things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

Jesus, as our appointed King of kings, RECEIVES all things from His Father, of whom Jesus also calls, his God.  Even that which Jesus himself will accomplish in the future comes not from his own will but from that of his Father's.

Good Morning Thinker,

I think you must have missed this post bro!

Jodi Lee,
    I did not miss the post. If you scroll up you will see that I answered it in part. The statements that God the Father is above all does not include Jesus. He is at the Father's right hand so Jesus must be excluded. So I fail to see how the Father's appointing Him to be King disproves trinitarianism. If the Father appointed Him as King then He is really the ONLY King. Paul said that Jesus existed in God's form and then humbled Himself and made Himself nothing. He yielded to God and was rewarded for His obedience. The Father gave back to Him the rank He had before He took on the form of a servant

This is not rocket science Sis!

Paul said that all things were created by Jesus and FOR Jesus. He said also that Christ is “all in all” now (Col. 3:11). Therefore, all the statements that refer to the Father as “above all” must EXCLUDE Jesus. Again, this is not rocket science.

that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

Don't forget Revelation 19 also which says that the name “King of kings and Lord of lords” is Christ's name. This is solified by what is said immediately before that “He Himself” will rule with a rod of iron and that “He Himself” will tread the winepress.

I want to add one more text about Christ's knowing ALL things now. Revelation 5 says that no one was counted worthy to read the scroll except the Lamb Himself. Guess what Sis? The scroll contains ALL the events leading to His second coming including the TIMING of those events. Both the reading and the interpretation of the scroll has been given TO THE LAMB.

But you will say, “Aha! The Father gave Him the scroll so He is under the Father.” But it says that it was given to Him because HE IS WORTHY. If worthy then the Father owed it to Him.

***You constantly fail to tell the whole story.*** A half truth is a LIE.

Does “only” mean “only” as you say it does in John 17:3?

thinker

Yes exactly it was GIVEN to the Lamb, it did not COME from the Lamb, it came from the Father and was given to the Lamb.

Jesus is above every human and has authority over every human, this is given to him by the Father. The authority of which Jesus has been given is the AUTHORITY to CARRY out the PLANS and WILL of YHWH, his Father.

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants–things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

Luke 24:36 Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” 37 But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. 38 And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” 40 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?” 42 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.  43 And He took it and ate in their presence. 44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures. 46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise  from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things. 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

If Jesus were raised from the dead to become the One True God again, then why would he need to be GIVEN authority? Obviously if you have been GIVEN authority you sit under the person who gave it to you. The authority that was given to Jesus, is proven not to be a sort of authority for Jesus to do whatever he wanted with it, but it is a specific authority, the authority to carry out the Father's will and plan.

John 20:19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.[/b]“

Jesus is STILL under the FATHER and doing what the Father asks. The Father SENT Jesus to the disciples.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go. 14 But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15 and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses. 16 And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 17 Yet now, brethren, I know that you did it in ignorance, as did also your rulers. 18 But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, 21 whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

Delusional Trinitarians FREE your eyes of blindness! Jesus is the CHRIST, of which was spoken about unto the fathers. The Christ was said to be a HUMAN of the seed of David, that would not see corruption, and would become an eternal king. Now that Jesus has been raised from the dead he is fulfilling the REST of the promises of which his Father made to the prophets. Jesus is fulfilling the will and the plan of his Father. The above scripture goes completely against the idea that Jesus was raised back into being the One True God and is now carrying out his own will.

Acts 3:24 Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. 25 You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.' 26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

Acts 4:26 The kings of the earth took their stand, And the rulers were gathered together Against the Lord and against His Christ.' 27 “For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your ser
    vants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus. 31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Jesus is STILL a servant unto his Father, he received authority from his Father so he could effectively carry out his Father's plans. Jesus earned this authority not through being raised from the dead and going back to being the One True God, but because he was the CHRIST. Scripture specifically tells us that the FATHER is the One True God, and that Jesus is the CHRIST, the human Messiah, firstborn of the dead, the root and offspring of David.

Good Morning Jack,

Did you read the above post?

Your arguments are really getting weak and strange, like the whole “a” king verses “the” king, really what was that?

Your whole assertion that when Jesus receives authority he is no longer under the Father is clearly wrong given scripture.  As a matter of fact the reason why the Father gives Jesus authority is so Jesus can be the Father's SERVANT carrying out His final plans. Jesus was placed at the Father's right hand, how in the world to you get equality out of that? How do you get that Jesus is under no one when he sits at the Right hand of someone else?

Mt 22:44  'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” '?

Did you catch that Jack? Jesus sits at the Father’s right hand and the Father says “sit at My right hand until I MAKE your enemies your footstool”! The plan that Jesus carries out and the means of which he is able to carry out that plan ALL COMES from the Father.   

Mt 26:64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Mark 12:35 Then Jesus answered and said, while He taught in the temple, “How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the Son of David? 36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ' 37 Therefore David himself calls Him 'Lord'; how is He then his Son?”

Jesus is said to be the root and offspring of David. Now as custom with Israelites and most cultures, the firstborn son is at the right hand of his Father, and the firstborn son receives the inheritance and position of his father when his father dies. However the Father, if he finds the firstborn not worthy he can give his position and inheritance to a more worthy son. What you don’t see however are sons being masters over their fathers. So how is it that Jesus could be master to his Father David? David and Jesus are BOTH the children of YHWH, and YHWH has given Jesus the right hand position. YHWH has made Jesus a king of kings for eternity. This puts Jesus the son of David, as David’s master.

Acts 2: 22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know– 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up,]having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him: 'I foresaw the Lord always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken. 26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad; Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope. 27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. 28 You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of joy in Your presence.'  29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, 35Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” '36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

The flesh of Jesus DID not see CORRUPTION, Jesus is STILL in his FLESH, to deny this is to be of the antichrist.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Acts 2:36 '36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Ac 17:3 explaining and demonstrating that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus whom I preach to you is the Christ.”

Ac 18:5 When Silas and Timothy had come from Macedonia, Paul was compelled by the Spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus is the Christ.

2 Samuel 7:12 “When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

Anyone who says that Jesus our Christ is NOT flesh to this VERY day is of the antichrist.

1 Corinthians 15:35 But someone will say, “How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?” 36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. 37 And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain–perhaps wheat or some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.

Lu 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

Ephesians 5:29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Ac 2:31 he,foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh
    see corruption.

Re 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

The SON of God is the human born of the seed of David, that was raised from the dead and given immortality in his flesh. Those who teach that the son was a god son, that became a man and then went back to being a god son, teach PURE ANTICHRIST!

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ  and not lying–a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 16 2009,11:41)
    Jodi Lee said:

So He does possess all knowledge now. Right?

Jodi Lee:

The authority of which Jesus has been given is the AUTHORITY to CARRY out the PLANS and WILL of YHWH, his Father.

Sorry, but the authority you have desccribed is not “ALL authority.” I have given you these scriptures before:

John 5:21:

For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them them, even so the Son gives life to wom HE WILL

Matthew 11:27:

All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom THE SON WILLS to reveal Him.

These are clear statements. The Son saves and reveals the Father to whomsoever HE HIMSELF WILLS.

Jodi Lee:

I agree. But you down play the fact that He earned the right to open the book. According to chapter 5 Jesus was “worthy” to open the book. It says also that He “prevailed” to open the book. The Father had no choice but to give Him the book. An agreement is an agreement!

Jodi Lee:

The passage you gave from Luke 24 says no such thing.

Jodi Lee:

If Jesus were raised from the dead to become the One True God again, then why would he need to be GIVEN authority? Obviously if you have been GIVEN authority you sit under the person who gave it to you.

First, I noticed that you referred to Christ's authority twice and you left out the word “ALL.” Jesus did not receive a mere authority. He received “ALL authority.” One who has “ALL authority” cannot have anyone above him in authority.

Jodi Lee:

The authority that was given to Jesus, is proven not to be a sort of authority for Jesus to do whatever he wanted with it, but it is a specific authority, the authority to carry out the Father's will and plan.

I have already disproved this in the two passages I gave avove. Jesus may save whom HE WILLS and he may also reveal the Father to whomsoever HE WILLS. If this was not the case then the Father did not really give Him “ALL authority.” THE KING OF KINGS IS FREE TO DO WHATSOEVER HE WANTS!

Each time you have referred to Christ's authority you have cleverly omitted the word “ALL.” One who has ALL authority IS SOVEREIGN!

Jodi Lee:

So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.[/b]“

Read it again Sis. It says that He said to them “again” that He was sent by the Father and that He in turn sends them into the world. Jesus was not saying that He was sent by the Father to the disciples in that situation. He was REPEATING what He had told them before about His being sent into the world because He wanted to REPEAT His ORIGINAL commission to them.

That was a lame argument. Paul explicitly said that Christ will be subject (future),

1 Corinthians 15:28:
    “Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself also WILL BE subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.”

Paul's statement that Christ “will be” subject makes no sense at all if He is subject now.

You have been disproven. You deny that Jesus has been given “ALL authority.” This means that you deny that He is at the Father's right hand.

Jodi Lee:

Scripture specifically tells us that the FATHER is the One True God, and that Jesus is the CHRIST

Scripture says also that there is only one King of Kings and Lord of lords. Yet you have two. ??? You equivocate words. You say “only” means “only” in John 17:3 but not in 1 Timothy 6:15. Paul explicitly said that Jesus Christ was the “ONLY Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords.”

I will take you seriously when you show that you can apply words consistently and not equivocate them when it fits your theology. “Only true God” in reference to the Father meant exactly that. And “Only Sovereign King of kings” in reference to Christ meant exactly that. The word “only” means the same. NO EQUIVOCATION.

Jesus said “only true God” while He was still servant to His Father. So it was true WHEN He said it. AFTERWARDS He was exalted and the Father has said TO HIM, “Your throne O GOD is forever and ever.”

Jodi Lee:

the human Messiah, firstborn of the dead, the root and offspring of David.

He is the ROOT of David as well as His offspring. This is why David knew Him as his Lord. Give us your definition of the word “root.”

Jesus is the God of the His Father's new covenant people. So get with the program!

thinker

Jack

Good post!

I might add that Jodi has said more than once that only YHWH has supernatural powers to heal and bring curses on man. Just check out her argument about evil spirits.

So by her own confession she is saying that Jesus is YHWH because Jesus like no other has “All authority and power”!

Jesus is the source of all things for all the fulness of Deity is settled in him!

WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 17 2009,03:59)

Gene

If Jesus is exactly like us, then tell us how Jesus lives in and among believers all over the world?

You have the same Spirit that Jesus had!

Why are you not able to do what Jesus does?

WJ

Hi WJ,

Christ is the man who is IN us by EXAMPLE. He was the MAN who denied his flesh and followed the Father with perfect Faith, never once giving into his flesh, always remaining in the light of his Father's Spirit. We too must walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.

If Christ is IN us then we know and believe that YHWH carries out His promises. For YHWH promised that a man of the seed of David would not see corruption, and truly Jesus WAS raised from the dead. If you believe this then Christ is in you giving you the FOUNDATION of TRUE FAITH in the Father, for you believe through Jesus that YHWH keeps his promises.

This gives us strength for if we believe that YHWH did raise Jesus from the dead we know His promise to raise us will also come true. Through Christ we can see the fruit that is produced when we follow the Father, for the flesh profits nothing, it is the Spirit that gives life. The knowledge of the work the Father accomplished in Jesus, lives in me, the knowledge that YHWH does fulfill His promises, lives in me, producing Faith which equals righteousness!

Jodi Lee
    Participant

1 Corinthians 12:4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.  11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Acts 2: 22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know–

John 20:30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Jesus performed signs so that they would know he was truly the SON of the One True God and the CHRIST, the MAN born of the seed of David, that YHWH had promised to the prophets He would be a Father to and make an eternal king.

Jodi

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,12:34)
    Christ is the man who is IN us by EXAMPLE

Is there a scripture that says Christ is “in us by example”?

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how “that Jesus Christ is in you“, except ye be reprobates? 1 Cor 13:5

If Jesus is not in you then you are none of his!

WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 17 2009,03:21)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,01:23)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,12:47)

Hi Jodi

WJ

WJ,

Hi Jodi

WJ

WJ,

If this were true then scripture would say so but it goes completely against this.

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Then we have

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' ”

Ro 15:6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Jesus is an immortal human being, he is still a man. The CHRIST was to be a MAN, not a god son turned into a man then turned back into a god son, but a MAN!

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Mr 14:62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”  

Ac 7:56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and theSon of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Romans 1:3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Making the CHRIST part of the One True God, is IMO the definition of the antichrist. Christ was a promise of a man becoming an immortal man. Christ is the first MAN raised from the dead to receive eternal life, and our hope is in the fact that if the Father did in fact raise Jesus the MAN from the dead and was able to give a man eternal life, then we should believe that He can do the same for us.

Jesus is the Son of Man, he is the root and offspring of David, he the Son of God, what Jesus is the One True God, that is EXCLUSIVELY said to be the Father!! Do you DENY this WJ?

WJ, when people in the NT speak of Jesus, saying “surely this is the Son of God, surely this is the CHRIST” why did they say that? It was because they were taught by the prophets that YHWH would raise up a man of the seed of David who YHWH would be a Father to. They were told through the prophets that a man would not see corruption, but would become an eternal king. Jesus being declared as the Messiah, and as the Son of God has EVERYTHING to do with him being a HUMAN being, not a pre-existent son god.

WJ,

I am waiting for you to explain how all these scriptures can fit your doctrine.

You said that “the One True God IS, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”, however scripture shows what you teach is a FLAT OUT LIE, for it says that the FATHER is the ONE True God!

How do you explain the direct exclusion of Jesus from this?

What authority do YOU posses that you think you can so blatantly deny scripture?

Seriously, how is it that Jesus, AFTER his resurrection, can be the One True God, but at the same time have a God himself, the same God as scripture declares as being the One True God?

Are we to believe that Jesus is his own God? We are to believe according to you and Jack, that Jesus is his own father right?

No, I am going to stick with scripture thank you very much. Jesus is FLESH, he is the man who's flesh did not received corruption but immortality. For Jesus is truly
    THE CHRIST, and truly the SON of the One True God!

Jodi

The post immediatly following yours by Jack is answer to your posted scriptures.

You see Jesus as a mere man and thats it. So you have made a mere man as your Lord and Master, and that my friend is Idolatry!

You cannot serve two masters!

You need to go and see what Paul meant by saying he is was a Bondslave for Jesus!

Literally Paul was claiming to be Jesus slave. Do you think that Paul a Hebrew of the Hebrews would give such devotion to just a mere man?

You disgrace the Gospel of Christ by claiming that Jesus being called God is Anti-Christ!

It is you who are of the Spirit of Anti-Christ for you have denied that Jesus the Word that was with God and was God has come in the flesh!

WJ

You've got to be kidding me?

Jesus said you cannot serve God and mammon. The whole point was you cannot SERVE GOOD and at the same time EVIL! You don't serve God and then serve GREED.

You cannot serve the Spirit of God and serve your lustful flesh.

YHWH appointed Jesus as our master, and serving Jesus we serve the One True God the Father.

DON”T DENY SCRIPTURE,

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ  and not lying–a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Ac 2:36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Jodi

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,12:54)

Not at all!

Is Jesus your God or not?

For according to John, (John 1:1, 18, 1 John 5:20)) Thomas, (John 20:28) Paul, (Titus 2:13) Luke, (Acts 20:28) Peter (2 Peter 1:1) and many of the early church Fathers, their confession is that he was their God!

The Father also calls him God and commands the Angels to worship him! (Heb Ch 1)

WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 17 2009,04:48)
    Jodi

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how “that Jesus Christ is in you“, except ye be reprobates? 1 Cor 13:5

WJ

WJ,

Jodi needs to address this. Don't let her go. This is great.

CA

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 16 2009,14:01)

Jodi

WJ

WJ,

Jodi needs to address this.  Don't let her go.  This is great.

CA

Hi CA

Thanks! The unbelievers do ignore clear scriptures that contradicts their theology! They pick and choose!

1 Cor chapter 15 used to be scriptures used by them to attack the Trinitarian position that Jesus is God, until it has been pointed out to them that Jesus is not yet subject to the Father and the Kingdom is his, for he has all authority and power and must reign untill he has put all enemies under his feet and the last enemy being death!

They often pit scriptures against scriptures rather than accepting the scriptures as a whole!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    These is no trinity in scripture.
    Best to dig deep and lay your foundation on what is written

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Jodi

WJ

2 Corinthians 1:18 But as God is faithful, our word to you was not Yes and No. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us–by me, Silvanus, and Timothy–was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes. 20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.  23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. 24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that He has promised us–eternal life.

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. 9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you. 5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?–unless indeed you are disqualified

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,* who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Jesus had NO confidence in flesh, he had no confidence in the ways of man, but he had ALL confidence in God and His ways. If Christ is IN us, then we too have no confidence in the ways of man, we have all confidence in our Heavenly Father!

Ro 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.  
    Ro 7:25  I thank God–through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

And I am confident in-

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Understand the following passage and turn from your doctrine of antichrist!

Acts 2:22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know– 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him: 'I foresaw the Lord always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken. 26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad; Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope. 27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. 28 You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of joy in Your presence.' 29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, 35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ' 36“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 17 2009,05:28)
    Jodi

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Sep. 16 2009,12:54)

Not at all!

Is Jesus your God or not?

For according to John, (John 1:1, 18, 1 John 5:20)) Thomas, (John 20:28) Paul, (Titus 2:13) Luke, (Acts 20:28) Peter (2 Peter 1:1) and many of the early church Fathers, their confession is that he was their God!

The Father also calls him God and commands the Angels to worship him! (Heb Ch 1)

WJ

WJ,

You clearly are dodging my post. You have done nothing to explain the fact that scripture tells us directly that there exists ONLY One True God who is said to be the Father, and how Jesus is directly excluded from this, for right after it says the Father is the ONE TRUE God it says that Jesus is our master. We are also told that while the Father is the ONE TRUE God, Jesus is the MAN that is our mediator to this One True God.  Jesus rose from the dead and referred to his Father as his God and our God. After Jesus rose from the dead he is still called God's servant, and YHWH is shown to still be SENDING him to do stuff to accomplish His will. After Jesus rose from the dead he is still referred to as being a MAN! How many times is Jesus referred to as the One True God? NONE! How many times is Jesus referred to as the SON of God? MANY! How many times is Jesus referred to as the SON of MAN? MANY!

Yes Jesus is called a god by the One True God. Scripture said that YHWH would call MEN gods.

Jesus is specifically said to have performed signs and wonders through the power of his Father, thus giving Jesus the appearance of being a god, according to man's definition of what a god is.  YHWH tells us in the OT testament that there exists ONLY one person who holds the power to bless and curse, create peace and bring calamity, produce darkness and light. There is only one person that contains the source of all knowledge and wisdom, power and might, love and mercy. Anyone who has these powers and wisdom obtained them through the will of YHWH. This is exactly WHY we are told that the Father is the ONE TRUE God. Jesus is the CHRIST, which means he is the MAN, born of the seed of David, of whom YHWH promised would NOT see corruption. YHWH made Jesus both Christ and our master. YHWH through His foreknowledge and planning MADE Jesus to be our savior. According to the definition man has for gods, one you give worship and honor to, YHWH has indeed made Jesus a god unto us. YHWH in the OT is referred to as the MOST high God, or the MOST high. YHWH said we shall have no other gods BEFORE Him. YHWH is the person who said He would be a Father to CHRIST. You CANNOT put the Christ equal to or above his Father YHWH, who declares that He is the MOST high. YHWH warns us many times about worshiping FALSE gods. False gods are false because they have no real power. The golden calf had no power, Zeus and Hercules had no power. Moses certainly had power and so did Jesus, they were not false gods, but men who received power from YHWH.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 693 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account