The knowledge of good

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    Back to the bible? The “one eternal gospel for all”? Which bible do you use?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Perhaps others can help you.
    but I doubt they can

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

It is how intellect is transferred between people and GOD.

I believe you are trying to say” knowledge” not “intellect” and yes words are used to transfer “knowledge”.  Jesus is speaking of transferring the knowledge of the gospel from him to his true disciples as they will obey his teachings which is to say his words.  The result of obeying those words is “Spirit and Life”.  In that way words do equal “Spirit and Life” which is not the way you are saying they do.

The Spirit is love for yourself and your fellow man, not intellect as even Jesus did not have God’s intellect; or even knowledge for that matter.

This is what scripture states spirit is:

2 Timothy 1:7(KJV) reads:

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Here is the best support for what you teach, if you use knowledge instead of intellect, I can find.

Isaiah 11:2(KJV) reads:

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Here is another scripture that mentions knowledge.

1 Corinthians 12:8(KJV) reads:

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

I found none that mentioned intellect.

Cindy
    Participant

Kerwin  Good post, I agree with you. I just can't understand Gen.
    Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Gen If I am not mistaken you told me that you belonged to the W.W.C.of God about the same time when we did, am I correct? What Church do you belong to now? IMO you need to stop listening to men and start reading the Bible the way it is written. I believe that is what Nick also tells you. Kerwin has given you excellent Scriptures to go by.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……….I was in the wwcg for about seven years, from about 1969- 1977, It was a cult Irene , while we did learn a lot about the old covenant , the law and holy-days etc. It was a (fear) based religion with Armstrong as the dictator. But i believe GOD allowed this for our education, to understand what it was like to live under the old covenant. It was a good education. IMO. I stopped listening to men a long time ago. After my wwcg experience. I am not involved with any religion because i have not found (ONE) i totally agree with. I was with Garner Ted for a short while, in fact we had a splinter group who went with Him and they tried to have me take the preaching responsibility of the local church, so i tried for a while , but they wanted me to push their doctrines and their organization and collect money for them and when i refused they became upset with me and ask me to quit, which i gladly did.

The wwcg and the international CG were nothing more then (FEAR) controlling organizations. You remember their teachings don't you, the rest of the world would get their change in the second resurrection, but we were being given our now and if we left we would not have a second chance we would be thrown into the lake of fire. Nothing more than a FEAR BASED ORGANIZATION. A CULT., And all the while HEBERT ARMSTRONG was having a incest relationships with His Daughters. He openly admitted that to two attorneys according to RAY Smith who was their when all of this was happening . They were nothing more the a bunch of hypocrites and so was GARNER TED.

Now as for what Kerwin said ……….> He and Nick are both wrong IMO, Just go and look up the word INTELLECT, and you will see it is the MIND of A PERSON which includes it perceptions, “LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS” Also look up
    WHAT A WORD IS, it is an expression of one intellect or perceptions , and to say different is simply to lie. And with that knowledge go and read John 1:1 without change the words to mean something they don't say.

peace and love to you and Georg………………………gene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 13 2009,17:18)
    Hi CO,
    Perhaps others can help you.
    but I doubt they can

NH.
    I notice you never reply to any questions when your “one eternal gospel for all”, and question of “what are we to repent of” are asked for. Because you don't know where to find these answers in scripture, you always answer with another question, or say 'look for yourself'. Of course there are no scriptures, and you have no answers to these questions, and you have developed a unique way of dancing around these subjects to try to avoid answering.
    I expect another dance to avoid an answer, I look forward to your “non-answer”, or just silence.

Cindy
    Participant

Gen I guess when we joined in 1984-85 things looked a lot diffrent then when you were in the Church. We were there for 10 years and were Baptized there. We did not think that it was a cult. We left when Mr. Tkatch started to teach the trinity. He Tried to fool us by saying it was a Hypestacy. Which means the same. 3in1. I sang in the Choir and it was a beautiful Choir. Our Minister was Mr. League(I hope I spelled that right. Later we had Mr. Dennis. Mr. Dennis was also our Choir Director. One thing that I personally liked was that we put aside the 2nd. tithe for the Feast of Tabernacle. I loved all of God's Holidays. We learned to study the Bible there, which I believe was great. If you call that Church a cult, you will have to do that with all the Churches. The Cath, Church being the biggest one. You will go straight to hell if you miss Sunday Mass. Most Churches do believe in a literal hell. That is why we are
    not going to any Church either. I really was happy when Georg found this site. If only some would not make such stupid remarks at times, I would like it much better. Now to the Word. If you believe what you are saying, how does that work, cause that Word became Jesus, the light of this world. That to me somehow does not fit. Yes, let the mind that was in Jesus be in you, that we all have to do, it is not easy to overcome. Even I at 70 have a hard time with some things.
    Peace and Love to You too, Irene
    P.S. this is the way I like to debate with out remarks, thank you

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Now as for what Kerwin said ……….> He and Nick are both wrong IMO, Just go and look up the word INTELLECT, and you will see it is the MIND of A PERSON which includes it perceptions, “LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS”  Also look up

You are assuming that mind equals intellect but does scripture agree with that assumption?

Mark 5:15(KJV) reads:

And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

What do you call a right intellect?

Mark 14:72(KJV) reads:

And the second time the #### crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the #### crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

It sounds like memory and not intellect in this scripture.

In short your mind is more than intellect and the context of the passage determines what aspect a particular scripture is speaking of.   So the question becomes what does God mean when speaking through Paul to teach us:

Philippians 2:5(KJV) reads:

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Isn’t that question clearly answered with these verses which are clearly not speaking of intellect?

Philippians 2:3-4(KJV) reads:

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

In fact it sounds like it is speaking of attitude.

kerwin,

i can feel the peace and love you bring when you write and share the word with others, truly what a blessing you have been to me and i am sure to others. i am blessed to have crossed paths with you.

much love
    rene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….I don't even know there is a word in Greek for intellect, but i have read that the word Mind is the intellect of the soul, and that also agrees with scripture IMO

peace and love …………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……….I used to enjoy the Feast of Tabernacles also , that was our family vacation and we had lots of friends in the wwcg, there were some very good and loving people in there. But the reason i call it a cult, is because they fit the definition of a cult, they uses Fear and Trepidation as a means of controlling their members. I don't know much about Mr Dennis< i think his name was Al Dennis , He was the minister over The Fresno Church and had just been transfered before i came into the church. The church had it's good side to, but they were stuck in the old covenant and as i studied i began to see that their teachings were not in line with Jesus' teachings and the Apostles of the new covenant. But i did learn to study a lot there. So i guess it was not all bad. I like this site because most don't believe in the trinity Here, and i enjoy most here even though i don't agree with some, on some issues. Any way it good to know there are other X wwcgs here and i think Jodi and her husband were x wwcg members also.

Peace and love to you and Georg.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (wild_olive_branch @ May 14 2009,06:59)
    kerwin,

i can feel the peace and love you bring when you write and share the word with others, truly what a blessing you have been to me and i am sure to others. i am blessed to have crossed paths with you.

much love
    rene

I appreciate the compliment but it is only by the grace of God that I am what I am and I hope to be more like Him as soon as he deems I have learned what I need to learn.

Cindy
    Participant

Gen Yes I know that Jodi and Her Parents belonged to the W.W.C.of God. She grew up in the Church. Her Parents and another couple started one of the Splinter Group the United Church of God. I think they are still there. I am happy that you liked somethings in the Church. What I also liked that there never was Gossip. In Cath.Church it was not so. Everybody loved everybody. Yes, we too made good friends. Some of ours are dead or moved away. We still see one couple that are staying home also. What I just can't understand that they went back, and even belief in the trinity , celebrate X-mas etc.
    So many here stayed with Mr. Thack Jr.( I probably misspelled His name) Well I guess I went of the subject. t8 sorry.
    Peace and Love to you Irene
    P.S. was your Wife in the Church also.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene………. Yes my then wife was, i am no longer married and live alone, but have four wounderfull childern and six grandchildren and many friends.

We may have the opportunity to enjoy the Feast of Tabernacles again in the future, if we are found worthy to be there.

Zec 14:16….> And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King the LORD of Hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

peace and love to you and Georg…………………gene

Cindy
    Participant

Gen how did you get to believe that there is no Satan or demons? Was it not Satan the Devil, the serpent that deceived Eve? And what about Jesus being tested, Satan is called the God of this world. There are really a lot of things that we do not agree to. When we used to believe the same things.
    Back then I did not believe that Jesus preexisted either. I called the guy who made me aware of it crazy.  I find it so interesting that the Holy Spirit worked in me, that I believe it now. I guess we all grow in different ways, that is my take. Yes, I am looking forward to celebrate all of God's Holidays again. At least the Feast of Tabernacle. I don't know about the rest.
    For today that's all.
    Peace and Love Irene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 14 2009,19:36)

Quote (wild_olive_branch @ May 14 2009,06:59)
    kerwin,

much love
    rene

I appreciate the compliment but it is only by the grace of God that I am what I am and I hope to be more like Him as soon as he deems I have learned what I need to learn.

Hi kerwin.
    I enjoy your posts and comments. When you said “it is only by the grace of God that I am what I am”, that is so true, I also believe the same.

God Bless, Jerry.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Why not apply scriptural context correctly?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 15 2009,01:06)
    Hi CO,
    Why not apply scriptural context correctly?

I am unsure what you are replying to.  Are you responding to what chooseone said to me or to something else? Could you please be more specific. Thank you!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……….I don't say there are no SATINS or Devils, we all have been Satan's and Devils at times. My difference is that i believe that the word Satan is simply reflectance of an (ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT) or (Intellect) and anyone can be one Even Peter was, and the pharisees also. What they were saying and doing was a evidence of how they (thought) and it was an Adversarial (intellect) of Spirit. So Jesus was correct in saying they were of their FATHER the DEVIL (ADVERSARY). I believe the Spirit of rebellion to GOD is an ADVERSARY or SATAN, and this spirit infects the whole inhabited population of the earth. It not just (ONE) super being going around jumping in and out of people on its own desire. It is a internal force and must be overcome, its at the door of all our hearts, and with GOD help we can overcome it even as Jesus did. Irene Jodi is right in what she is saying sis. IMO

love and peace to you and Georg and yours……………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account