The knowledge of good

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Sorry Irene but not a tree of good and evil.
    Check genesis.

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

These scriptures concern an earlier issue we were discussing.

2 Corinthians 11:3(KJV) reads:

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Genesis 3:12-13(KJV) reads:

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:17(KJV) reads:

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Perhaps Adam ate what his wife gave him in ignorance because he did not consider its source but God accused him of listening to his wife instead of God.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2009,17:34)
    Check genesis.

Nick The serpent told Eve if she would eat of the tree that she would hnow good and evil. So what do you call that tree?
    I did read Genesis 1;3
    Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 06 2009,21:44)
    To all,

These scriptures concern an earlier issue we were discussing.

2 Corinthians 11:3(KJV) reads:

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Genesis 3:12-13(KJV) reads:

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:17(KJV) reads:

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Perhaps Adam ate what his wife gave him in ignorance because he did not consider its source but God accused him of listening to his wife instead of God.

Kerwin To say that perhaps Adam ate the fruit in ignorance IMO is far fetched. All Genesis said that He ate too. Adam and Eve both gave excuses, but just because that I feel that we should not jump to any conclusion if it is not written.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 06 2009,21:51)

Check genesis.

Nick The serpent told Eve if she would eat of the tree that she would hnow good and evil. So what do you call that tree?
    I did read Genesis 1;3
    Irene

Hi Irene,
    What does scripture call the tree?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2009,22:09)

Check genesis.

Nick The serpent told Eve if she would eat of the tree that she would know good and evil.            
    I did read Genesis 1;3
    Irene

Hi Irene,

Nick Why do you answer with a question?
    Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………if you can't understand the symbolic language of Scripture you can't understand scripture, the tree in Genesis Symbolically means (that which produces from the self), as a real tree does. Its fruit is from itself. GOD was telling them to not try to takes to themselves to decide what was good and evil, because it would eventually lead them to death. They did not have the Knowledge or the experience to properly do that. So He forbid them to. And History has proved GOD was right. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Are you the one appointed to reveal imaginary hidden truths in scripture?
    Rather different, almost gnostic thoughts seem you guide you.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2009,22:09)

Check genesis.

Nick The serpent told Eve if she would eat of the tree that she would know good and evil. So what do you call that tree?
    I did read Genesis 1;3
    Irene

Hi Irene,

Nick  I thought that I was right when I said the tree of life.
           Genesis 3:22 Then the Lord God said ” Behold, the man has become like Us to know good and evil And now, lest he puts out his hand and take also of the tree of life and live forever.”  One more thing in the future the tree of life will be available again.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    So what was the name of the tree God told them not to eat of?

Cindy
    Participant

Nick It was the tree of Knowledge that they ate of. God took them out of Paradise so that they would not eat of the tree of life and live forever.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Is that what scripture says?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2009,13:48)
    G,
    Are you the one appointed to reveal imaginary hidden truths in scripture?
    Rather different, almost gnostic thoughts seem you guide you.

Nick………What do you think the tree was suppose to represent, Here is something that may help you to better understand. Jesus used the term (EAT) also as well as (drink), now what do you do when you eat or drink, You take something to yourself, right, When Jesus said we are to eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of Man, he was speaking symbolically telling us we needed to take His shed body and blood to ourselves as we do when we (EAT) this is symbolic language and is used in many places in scripture. Jesus also used the tree symbolically also saying a tree is know by it fruit. a tree produces from it self and this also was what was being used in Garden as a way of saying that we should not (eat) take to ourselves that which produce from the self as a tree does, the knowledge of good and evil.

Your lack of understanding symbolisms hinders you understanding of scriptures. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    If you are so proud of your scripture knowledge why do you add to it?
    2 John 9 tells us that to do so is to lose fellowship with God and His Son.

Cindy
    Participant

Check genesis.

If the fruit of a tree is good and evil, does that not make the whole tree good and evil?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2009,16:34)
    Hi Irene,
    So what was the name of the tree God told them not to eat of?

NICK HASSAN

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2009,17:21)
    Hi Irene,
    Is that what scripture says?

Nick The scripture calls it the garden of Eden. Bit it was Paradise because they had everything.IMO
    Irene
    P.S. The two post before this one, my Husband made, without mu knowledge.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….. May GOD help me to (ADD) to my understand every day. Is it my fault you can't understand the symbolic language of scripture? I will tell you though without understand of them, you can (NOT) comprehend many scriptures. You need to grow in (GRACE) and (KNOWLEDGE). AsK GOD for Help, he may help you understand more brother. Its not wise to say on milk Nick. IMO

peace and love……………..gene

Cindy
    Participant

Check genesis.

Your right, it was a cocoNUT tree.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL……….God was simply telling Adam and EVE to not take to themselves to decide good and evil, when they ate (took to themselves) and produced the knowledge they then had to learn by experience what both good and evil would produce in their lives. God even cursed the ground for (their SAKE), so there experience of Evil was magnified to teach them the difference , between good and evil.  READ the article Chosenone POSTED.

peace and love…………………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account