The Kingdom of Heaven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 281 through 283 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 10 2011,22:06)

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 08 2011,17:20)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 06 2011,08:22)
    Irene that is GOOD! God is watching over you. I will never forget the feeling and I am continually reminded of it on a daily basis. God heals, and God saves us, through his righteous son Jesus. He takes our burdens, renews our strength, and gives us clear direction. I look forward to the day when all our hurts and pain will be gone. Much love to you Irene. God bless.

“Cast thy burden upon Jehovah, and he will sustain thee”

Good post, shimmer!  It happened to me again…. I was talking to God about how Satan was testing Jesus, and since Satan tested
    Jesus, God will allow Satan to test us….
    The Love of God through Jesus filled me again…. It is the most awe some felling, how much God loves us….
    And to my mind came, EYE HATH NOT SEEN, EAR HATH NOT HEARD, PREPARED FOR THEM THAT, LOVE GOD…..There is a Song that uses those lyrics…..
    Best wishes and love and peace to you, Irene

Irene, im so happy for you:) may it keep us going. Blessings love to you Irene:)

Thank you shimmer…..Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…….What most seem to not understand is God is the Source of all Creation and the Source of our being brought in the Kingdom of his dear son.  Some here think they themselves cause God to accept them by their own so-called, “Free Will” actions , but facts are GOD Choses whoever he will when ever he will and Mans WILL has nothing to do with it. Jesus said thy kingdom come and thy WILL be done ,  not thy kingdom came, by our so-called “FREE WILLS” being done.  These are thieves robbing God of His Glory and giving it to themselves through their own separate so-called “Free Wills., they are proud and self serving and arrogant souls looking to themselves to establish themselves as being Justified before God by their own self Wills  and in so doing they have not submitted themselves to the WILL of  God nor Jesus .  IMO

peace and love………………………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 12 2011,18:36)
    Here is my post from a few pages back, because no one touched upon it:

“T8

Why do you believe jesus said the kingdom is “within us”?
    I believe the idea that the kingdom (a word that means “government, empire” etc) is within people does not line up with ACCURATE scripture.
    There is really only one scripture that pushes people to believe that, and it's not translated that way in most modern Bibles.  It is in fact, a mistranslation, and an easy one to spot, when you consider the context.

Before we get to that, let's begin at the beginning, and I'll discuss why, I Biblically do not believe the kingdom of God is something “within” people.

Actually, no, let's start at that scripture:

LUKE 17:21
    “neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is within you.”

1. CONTEXT!  Read Luke 17:20 and 21. (Not just 21)
    (He “answered” the pharisees.  His statement was directed towards them.  Do you think the kingdom of God is in the hearts of the pharisses?  Please do not dismiss that question.  Is it?  Jesus called them “hypocrites” and “serpents” and said “how are you to flee from the judgement of Gehenna?”
    Is God’s kingdom in such ones?  What do you think?

2. MODERN BIBLES translate it “in your midst” or “among you.”  (Even KJ and others that have “within you” also have “among you” as an alternate translation in the margins.)

3. MANY SCRIPTURES SHOW KINGDOM TO BE A GOVERNMENT–dan 2:44; Is 9:6,7; 1 cor 15:24; Rev 1:6; 5:9,10.

At Matthew 23:13-33, we see that Jesus 4 times said: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!”  And he said: “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Ge·heńna?” (Mat 23:33)
    Does it make sense that Jesus would say that God’s kingdom was in the wicked hearts of those corrupt men, the very ones he condemned to Gehenna, the very ones who shut up the kingdom for other men?
    It’s interesting to note the margins and footnotes in the KJ and the NIV of this verse.
    In the margin, KJ has this: “within you: or, among you.”
    A footnote to Luke 17:21 in the New International Version shows that Jesus’ words could be rendered: “The kingdom of God is among you.”

And here is how the vast majority of modern Bible’s tend to translate this verse:

“The kingdom of God is in your midst.” (New World Translation)
    “For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”  (NASB)
    “Because God's kingdom is already among you.” (The Message)
    “For the Kingdom of God is already among you.[a]” (New Living)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”[a] (English Standard)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.  (Darby Translation)
    “the kingdom of God is among you.” (holman)
    “God's kingdom is among you.” (New International readers version)
    “because the kingdom of God is in your midst.” [a] (todays new international version)
    “The kingdom of God is among you” (The New English Bible)
    “is in the midst of you.” (The Jerusalem Bible)
    “is in the midst of you.” (Revised Standard Version)
    “God’s royal majesty is among you.” (The Emphatic Diaglott)
    etc.

Jesus, who was in their midst, thus referred to himself as the future King. (Compare Mat 12:27,28)
    Jesus was “within” a group of people, among them, “in” their midst.
    As the long-awaited Messiah and King-Designate, Jesus was in their very midst. Far from being something that a person has in his heart, God’s Kingdom is a real, operating government having a ruler and subjects.

WHAT IS GOD’S KINGDOM?

As you said, a government.   Does it make sense that a government is within us?  Was gods kingdom within the Pharisees?  

I would really like an answer.”

David

I have looked at this again and yes I can see your point ,point that I had miss interpreted sins I never believed that the kingdom was in but among the scribes and ,

but good point

Pierre

Viewing 3 posts - 281 through 283 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account