The jewish messiah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 614 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2010,16:54)
     The question then becomes is that interpretation from God or from the evil desires of the individual doing the interpreting. Jesus was a mystic or Jewish magician.  For some reason mainstream Christiany has attributed evil to Jesus' practices by differentiating Jewish magic from God's miracles.

The question here is ; was it from God?

Therefore I doubt such interpretation like the writers of Matthew and Hebrew who applied Hebrew scriptures left and right taken out of context to prove their personal ideas/beliefs. I don't find much truth in them since they create deviation from the true religion of the Bible that is monotheism.

gollamudi
    Participant

Isaiah 9 – Not Jesus, but Hezekiah:
    “For a child has been born to us, a son has been given us. And authority has settled on his shoulders. He has been named “The Mighty God is planning grace; The Eternal Father, a peaceable ruler” – In token of abundant authority and of peace without limit upon David’s throne and kingdom, that it may be firmly established in justice and in equity now and evermore. The zeal of the Lord of Hosts shall bring this to pass.” (JPS)

Christians cite Isaiah 9:5-6 (above) as being a Messianic text and a prophecy about Jesus. With a cursory reading, Jesus may even seem to fit. However, when it is taken it its linguistic, historical, and cultural context it becomes another story entirely.

One problem occurs in the translation of Christian Bibles that render this verse differently, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” (KJV)

Note how the phrase yats gibbor El is translated to “The Mighty God is planning grace” in the JPS while the KJV translates it to, “Counsellor, the Mighty God.” There are no commas in Hebrew or any breaks in this phrase to designate such a thing, so why does the KJV translate it as such? To make this appear to be a string of Godly and Messianic titles.

Note how the same thing is done to the phrase marbeh misrah shalom qets kiche David mamlakh. The JPS translates this to “In token of abundant authority and peace without limit upon David’s throne and kingdom” while the KJV translates this to, “Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom.” The insertion of nonexistent commas to break up the sentence in the KJV renders this in a way that it attempts to distinguish between “the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end” and “upon the throne of David.” The JPS leaves it in tact, making the statement that the increase of government and peace shall be no end on the throne of David. Why does this matter? Because Christians claim that Jesus kingdom is “not of this world”, yet here it distinctly gives an increase of peace among a worldly kingdom – David’s throne!

The most important translation issue to look at may be the tenses. The JPS renders the phrase yeled yalad ben nathan misrah shekem as, “For a child has been born to us, a son has been given us. And authority has settled on his shoulders.” whereas the KJV translates it as, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder.” The KJV renders this to be in the future tense, so as to make it seem like a future prophecy about Jesus. The JPS translation, however, is correct. This should be in the past tense, as an event that already happened. The syntax of the Hebrew as well as the surrounding context requires it to be in the past tense.

Now, since it is in past tense (an event that already happened) this should be enough to discourage the belief that it is a prophecy about Jesus. But alas, some may still be clinging to the belief that it is or not convinced by the evidence, so here are some other reasons it can’t be about Jesus:

For one, it is about King Hezekiah. You might cry out in protest, “Wait a minute! This can’t possibly be calling a man, Hezekiah, things like ‘Mighty God’, ‘Prince of Peace’, or ‘Eternal Father’!” Well, this is when the cultural context comes into play. This was a throne name, or a royal title. It is not saying that Hezekiah was the God of Abraham, but rather that Hezekiah represented God as a King on Earth. In fact, this practice existed up until the 1980s in other Semitic kingdoms like Ethiopia, where the Emperor was called “Lord of Lords, King of Kings, etc.”

So how do we know this is about Hezekiah specifically? For one, it is a play on Hezekiah’s name which means God strengthens when Mighty God occurs. Secondly, as covered earlier, it is in the past tense and thus must refer to a recent king in the past. Third, this was exactly who this passage of Jewish scripture was always understood to be about by Jews. This is its historical context. Here are a few examples:

“Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end. R. Tanhum said: Bar Kappara expounded in Sepphoris, Why is every mem in the middle of a word open, whilst this is closed? — The Holy One, blessed be He, wished to appoint Hezekiah as the Messiah, and Sennacherib as Gog and Magog; whereupon the Attribute of Justice said before the Holy One, blessed be He: 'Sovereign of the Universe! If Thou didst not make David the Messiah, who uttered so many hymns and psalms before Thee, wilt Thou appoint Hezekiah as such, who did not hymn Thee in spite of all these miracles which Thou wroughtest for him?' Therefore it [sc. the mem] was closed.” (Sanh. 94)

“The Holy One, blessed be He, said: Let Hezekiah, who hath eight [shemoneh] names, come and mete out punishment to Sennacherib, who hath [likewise] eight. Hezekiah, as it is written, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty, Judge, Everlasting, Father, Prince, and Peace.” (Sanh. 94)

“R. Johanan said: Since the days of Hezekiah, for it is said, Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with judgement and with righteousness for henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts shall perform this.” (Shab. 55)

Another example is what this King would do. He would be a “peaceable ruler.” But Jesus said in Matthew 10:34, “”Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.” (NIV) It’s clear how the two goals and verses are inconsistent with one another. And as mentioned earlier, this king was a distinctly earthly king who would bring peace to David’s throne while Jesus was a supposedly heavenly king, whose heaven was “not of this world”, who had no interaction with David’s throne.

Finally, the most obvious might be that Jesus never held these exact titles. Christians may have attributed them to him in part, or similar titles when he was deified later during the Council of Nicea, but not once is Jesus recorded in the NT as holding these exact titles. Nor does the NT attempt to link Jesus with this text.

So what have we discovered? This is a verse that refers to past events, specifically the birth and reign of Hezekiah. In addition, Jesus cannot fit this verse because Jesus came neither to rule an earthly kingdom nor to bring peace to the world. The context of this verse – linguistic, historical, and cultural – simply doesn’t allow it to be a prophecy of Jesus.

Source: http://shemaantimissionary.tripod.com/id5.html

kerwin
    Participant

Adam,

You have to understand the point of view of a particular type of Jewish mystic that seem to have been more previlent when the books of Matthew and Hebrew were written that it is now.  These Jewish mystic were not advocating polytheism but rather were teaching the mysteries of God as they were revealed to them.  They seem prone to state that a scripture is speaking about an individual or an event because it is true about that event and not because the context it was written in apears to speak of that person or event.  I suppose you could sum up their reasoning as the idea that history repeats itself.  An example of this reasoning is when Matthew quotes Hosea 11:1 and states it is a prediction of Jesus being called from Egypt as a child when according to the context of Hosea 11 it is speaking of the 12 tribes instead.  It is a different way of looking at scriptures but it does not mean it is wrong.

It is important to understand the point of view of these monotheistic Jewish mystics in order to understand their writtings.   You seem resistent to looking at things from their point of view.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2010,18:22)
    Adam,

You have to understand the point of view of a particular type of Jewish mystic that seem to have been more previlent when the books of Matthew and Hebrew were written that it is now.  These Jewish mystic were not advocating polytheism but rather were teaching the mysteries of God as they were revealed to them.  They seem prone to state that a scripture is speaking about an individual or an event because it is true about that event and not because the context it was written in apears to speak of that person or event.  I suppose you could sum up their reasoning as the idea that history repeats itself.  An example of this reasoning is when Matthew quotes Hosea 11:1 and states it is a prediction of Jesus being called from Egypt as a child when according to the context of Hosea 11 it is speaking of the 12 tribes instead.  It is a different way of looking at scriptures but it does not mean it is wrong.

It is important to understand the point of view of these monotheistic Jewish mystics in order to understand their writtings.   You seem resistent to looking at things from their point of view.

Hi brother Kerwin,
    I know how the writers of Matthew and Hebrews used verses from the Jewish Bible to prove Jesus as the Messiah. Take for example of Matthew quoting Zech 9:9, Jesus riding on two animals (donkeys) at same time. How foolishly he applies scriptures to suit his ideas. Another example is most debated virgin birth from Isa 7:14.

How can you say he is using Jewish mysticism when there is nothing like mysticism applied here? Most of the mainline Judaism doesn't recognise apocalyptic literature which consists of lot of mysticism as their authorized scriptures. Therefore I don't want go into their logics which are similar to book of Revelation.

Know for sure I am not resistent to learn. That is the reason why I am ready to lay aside my Christian faith which was founded on pure trinitarianism. Now I look God of Abraham with more clarity than earlier.

Peace to you
    Adam

kerwin
    Participant

Adam,

You seem to be assuming that those who call themselves Jews in modern time have the same beliefs as those who called themselves Jews in the first Century.  This appears unlikely.  Even that wikipedia article I linked to apears to speak of a difference between the two groups of Jews.

I linked to that Jewish source about mysticism to show that mysticism is considered a sound and valid practice with most Jews even of this time though some do consider it to be Jewish nonsence.  

There are certainly some types of mysticism that go overboard from my point of view and I am not suggesting that these types were adhered to by the writers of scripture.  

If you have read scripture then you have probably found some scriptures seem to be directed at you even though they were origionally addressed to others.  This is bassically all the writers of Matthew and Scriptures are doing by applying scriptures that way.

I do not believe that it is that exceptional if you consider the fact the deciples drew lots to decide which of two pre-vetted canidates would take the spot of Judas, Acts 1:15-26.  The casting of Lots was not unknown and so is mentioned in other scriptures as well.

I look to the Jewish teaching, prefering the older ones, to help me understand what the writers of the New Testiment were speaking of because many Christian sects have rejected what was probably well known in the Christian community of the First Century.  Often I have merely come to confirm what is evident from reading the writing of those New Testiment writers though many fail to properly understand them.

gollamudi
    Participant

I'm a bit upset, however, that you have chosen to believe that Jesus was the Moshiach of the Jews, since that is obviously not consistent with Judaism.  If you look at the Jewish scriptures, you'll find that the Moshiach is supposed to bring:

A time of peace:

Micah 4:1-4

Isaiah 60:18

Isaiah 32:16-18

Hosea 2: 18

Zechariah 14:11

Recognition of G-d:

Zechariah 14:9

Zechariah 8:23

Psalm 86:9

Zephaniah 3:9

Jeremiah 31:34

Isaiah 66:23

Descendant of King David :

Isaiah 11:1-9

Jeremiah 30:7-10

Jeremiah 23:5-6

Jeremiah 33:14-18

Ezekiel 37:24-28

Ezekiel 34:23-31

Hosea 3:4-5

Zechariah 9:9-10

2 Samuel 7:12-13

Psalm 89:35-37

I challenge you to read through each of those chapters, being aware of the context they are in (read a few lines before and a few lines after.)  On top of this, Jews are supposed to return to Israel (which is only happening now…) and G-d “will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the L-rd.  And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers…”  Have any of these events occurred yet?  As far as I can see, people haven't recognized G-d, Jews haven't (all) returned to Israel, Jesus wasn't a descendent of David (yes, even according to the New Testaments account – Matthew 1 and Luke 3 – keep in mind, Christians say that Jesus was the son of G-d, so how is it possible to be a descendent of David – if you're interested I can give you all the inconsistencies, and there are many!), and there definitely isn't peace in the world.  

How then, is it possible for one to believe that Jesus was the Moshiach?  Of course, if you ask any priest about these problems, they will have excuses and will show you “proofs” (I quote proofs because they tend to use circular logic – by assuming the Jesus was the Moshiach, their “proofs” make sense, but not knowing Jesus was Moshiach, their “proofs” wouldn't make any sense – some examples: Genesis 3:14-15, Psalm 118:22, Exodus 12:46, Zechariah 11:12-14 – do the test – ask yourself, if I lived 100 years before Jesus, would I think this passage was talking about the Moshiach?  Now do the test on the other passages I told you about before).  Having said that, nobody will be able to answer the genealogy question, because Jesus was not a descendent of David.

Now, let's get to the story of the resurrection.  Tell me something – if you are a judge and you're presiding over a case of a car accident.  There are four witnesses and they all give you different accounts of the story, will you be sceptical about all their stories?  I know I would be.  Read this, which is a page that I created here.  You'll be amazed by how the accounts of the different apostles are regarding the “resurrection”…you're just not used to seeing the details right next to each other!

As you can see, the Torah lays down the requirements of the Moshiach clearly and consistently.  The message isn't given once – it's given many, many times and it's explicit what will occur when Moshiach comes.  If I was a Christian, I would have no way of explaining this, without getting really theoretical.  The early Christian church explained that all this would occur in the second coming – if the second coming is so important, why doesn't it say anything in the Jewish scriptures???  According to the Jewish Scriptures, which Christians see as part of their bible, the coming of the Moshiach will be very obvious, as noted above.  If you apply some logic, it is obvious that Jesus is not the Moshiach.

Link: http://www.jew-jew.com/jews4ju….ies.php

gollamudi
    Participant

An approach to “fulfilled prophecy” was the very opposite of the traditional Christian notion that reading publicly, literally understood predictions should have lead any Bible reader to faith in Jesus as Messiah, since anyone could have seen that he fulfilled them, e.g., by being born in the right place. The idea was not that the publicly discernible correspondence between predictions and events in the life of Jesus would lead one to faith (the apologists' own aim to “demand a verdict”), but rather that, once one had Christian faith, old texts took on a new layer of meaning which hitherto, before the “prophesied” fact and before one accepted faith in Jesus, could never have been recognized as a prophecy in the first place! It was not that if you refused to hear the voice of prophecy you weren't entitled to be part of Jesus flock. Rather, you could only hear the voice of prophecy if you were already part of that flock. Faith provided a new and esoteric hermeneutical perspective. Exoteric, publicly available exegesis did not lead to faith. You came to faith in Jesus first on other grounds, the simple preaching of the gospel, and then Christ began to open the scriptures to your wondering eyes. Only then did your heart begin to burn within you.

As I say, Matthew appears to have been operating with this sort of understanding. His programmatic statement is to be found in Matthew 13:52, where we read of the distinctive role and prerogative of the Christian exegete, the “scribe trained for the kingdom of heaven.” He is like a householder who is able to display out of the store-house treasures old and new. The treasury of a scribe is certainly the scriptures. The old goods he brings forth from there are the literal, conventional interpretations, while the new items are new readings made possible by the new esoteric key he possesses as a Christian, thanks to the charismatic illumination of the Holy Spirit. This understanding is borne out by Matthew's treatment of Old Testament scripture throughout the rest of his Gospel, notably the series of “formula quotations” (see Krister Stendahl, The School of St. Matthew and Its Use of the Old Testament, 1954). Matthew has a number of stories which he announces as having happened in order that the word of the Lord through the prophet might be fulfilled. In virtually every case, the fulfillment works only if one completely disregards the Old Testament context.

One example would be Isaiah 7:14, which Matthew sees as predicting the birth of Jesus. Yet, as a simple reading of the whole chapter of Isaiah makes unmistakably clear, that prophecy of Isaiah dealt with contemporary events many centuries before: the birth of a child who would not be old enough to spit out food he didn't like by the time the threatening coalition of Israel and Syria had been wiped off the map by the Assyrian Empire. The original, literal relevance of the passage was long ago exhausted, save as a testimonial to God's faithfulness to Judah. Matthew certainly knew this; no one could miss it. By the same token, he could never have invoked the Isaiah passage as a proof in the manner of subsequent apologists, i.e., as a straightforward prediction of Jesus' birth, as any skeptics would immediately dismiss the citation, understood literally. Matthew would only be inviting ridicule.

Similarly, when he cited Hosea 11:1, “Out of Egypt I have called my son,” and refers it to the return of the Holy Family from Egypt after the death of Herod the Great, he just cannot have thought he was reproducing the literal, historical intent of Hosea, which has rather to do with the Exodus. No reader of Hosea could possibly think it meant anything else. Nor could Matthew have expected him to. In both cases (and in many others), it seems much more likely that Matthew was interpreting scriptural passages as the Qumran sectarians did. The references to events in King Ahaz's day and the time of the Exodus were the exoteric, universally recognized “old treasures” available to any reader, to the old scribe and the new, while the references perceived in these verses to the nativity of Jesus are examples of the new goods available only to the scribe trained for the kingdom of heaven by means of esoteric exegesis. Matthew gives no sign of rejecting the old, conventional interpretations; he merely adds new levels of meaning newly available to the eye of Christian faith.

What a pity it is..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You specialise in doubt and offer no hope to yourself or others
    A purveyor of death?
    wake up

gollamudi
    Participant

The “King-Messiah”
    (by Prof. Mordochai ben-Tziyyon, Universitah Ha'ivrit, Y'rushalayim)

None of the prophets in the Scriptures ever foretold the coming of a “messiah”. But they did prophesy that one day God will give back to Yisra'el what He took away from us in the year 586 BCE: our Temple, our sovereignty and independence, and our Monarchy. There are numerous prophecies about the king who will reign in the happy days when this comes about. According to the prophets, he will be a deeply religious man, one of great humility (so humble in fact that he will shun all publicity and won't even make speeches in public—Y'shayahu 42:2, “he will not shout, and he will not raise his voice nor let it be heard outdoors”). He will reunite Yisra'el, bringing back all those who are scattered in exile all over the World, and he will reign over us in justice and righteousness, encouraging the full observance of the Torah's laws and ensuring that those laws are kept. All other nations on Earth and their rulers will recognise his authority, and all strife and fighting in the World will end: “the Temple Mount will be considered the most important of all hills and all the nations will stream to it… the many nations will set out saying 'Come, let's go up to Adonai's mountain, to the Temple of Yisrael's God; He will teach us His ways and we will follow His paths'—because then teaching will emanate from Tziyyon [and] Adonai's words from Y'rushalayim… [the king-messiah] will arbitrate between the nations and settle all their disputes, and they will beat their swords into scythes and their spears into shears—never again will any nation take up arms against another and no-one will even study military tactics any more” (Y'shayahu 2:2-4 and Michah 4:1-3).

That king, we are assured, will satisfy all the requirements of Hebrew Law, one of which is that he must be the son of a man who is the son of a man who is the son of a man who is… who is the son of a man who was one of King David's sons. At his coronation he will doubtless be “crowned” in the same manner as the ancient Hebrew kings, that is, the shemen mish'hat kodesh (the oil of anointment of holiness, which Mosheh was commanded to make personally according to the formula given in Sh'mot ch.30) will be smeared on him, so he will be a מָשִׁיחַ (a mashiyah or “messiah”) in the most literal sense, and because of this he has come to be known as the “king-messiah” in Hebrew parlance and literature.

The great 12th century Hebrew scholar R' Mosheh ben Maimon, who produced the first systematic and structured encyclopædia of Hebrew Law (the Mishneh Torah) devotes the last two chapters of the volume dealing with “Kings and their Wars” to the king of the future, the “king-messiah”…..

Please read the full article on this link: http://mordochai.tripod.com/mashiyah.html#top

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Yes you follow some rebels in your path away from truth.
    The synagogue of Satan does not offer you shelter does it?

kerwin
    Participant

Adam,

You have failed to give any evidence to support your claim that King Solomon must be in the line of the Anointed One.

Withhout evidence you have nothing but wild speculation.

The promise is clearly for David and Solomon is a maybe at best.

God is the one who decides which of King David's decendants is the Anointed One and not you so will speculation serves you not at all.

The same with your belief that Jesus is not born of a virgin since you have evidence to support your disagreement with scripture. Once again it God who determines how Jesus is formed in his mother's womb and not you.

gollamudi
    Participant

Was Yéshu a “messiah”?

First, the claim that Yéshu was a “messiah”. This issue hinges on what a “messiah” is; it's absurd to even try to talk about who “is” (or “was”) a “messiah” unless you know what the word means! I have frequently heard christians say things like “The Jews didn't recognise 'their messiah' because they were waiting for a human king”—well, of course they were, because that's what a messiah is!

As a quick aside—how ridiculous it is to talk about “our” messiah (or “Yisraél's” messiah)—can there possibly be any other messiah? “Messiah” (or mashiyaḥ) is a Hebrew word that has a very specific meaning in Hebrew culture and in Hebrew writings… it has no meaning to anyone else or in any other culture, except that christians have hijacked the word and claimed it as their own “property”, have made up their own alternative “definition” for it, which they now pretend was what the Hebrew Scripture-writers meant when they used the word, even though the christian definition did not yet even exist then. How offensive—and how downright dishonest!

So who is actually called a “messiah” in the Scriptures? Well, in the book of Sh'muél, both King Sha'ul and King David are called m'shiyah adonai—”Adonai's Messiah”: Sha'ul is called by this title eleven times (in Sh'muél Alef 12:3, 12:5, 24:6, 24:10, 26:9, 26:11, 26:16 & 26:23, and Sh'muél Beit 1:14 & 1:16—there are only ten references because two instances occur in the same verse, in Sh'muél Alef 24:6). Even King David himself only gets called by the title “God's messiah” three times in Sh'muél (in Beit 19:21, 22:51 & 23:1), and also once in T'hillim (18:50)!

A “messiah” is someone who has been “anointed” (and this word does NOT have a double-n). “Anointment”, or smearing with the “Oil of Sacred Anointment” (see Sh'mot 30:22-33), was the ceremony that took place at the coronation (or enthronement) of a Hebrew king; this compound of spices and olive oil cannot be separated from “anointing” because even its name—שֶֽׁמֶן מִשְׁחַת־קֹֽדֶשׁ shemen mish'ḥat kodesh (by which the oil is called twice in Sh'mot 30:25 and again in 30:31, and also with slight variations in Vayikra 10:7 and 21:12) uses the word מִשְׁחָה mish'ḥah, which is effectively the same Hebrew word as מָשִֽׁיחַ mashiyaḥ, a “Messiah”. The new testament writers are strangely silent on this point, not even trying to pretend that it was ever done to their Yéshu character. So christianity's “anointed person” never was actually “anointed”… in other words, he was not in fact an “anointed person” at all—christians get around this inconvenience by simply inventing different “definitions” of what the words “messiah” and “anoint” mean—but they are hard-pressed to supply Scriptural texts to support their phony, artificial “definitions”.

There is also not a single prophecy that uses the word “messiah”. There are numerous prophecies of the restoration of the Hebrew kingdom, and of the king who will reign at that time—who will be a blood-descendant of the ancient Royal Family—but none of these call him a “messiah”. It is to be assumed that when God revives the Hebrew kingdom, the ancient practise of “anointing” the king will also be revived, so that the king who reigns at that time will be a “messiah” (in the true sense), but none of the Prophets actually calls him this.

The Scriptures also don't say anywhere that a “messiah” is a divine (or semi-divine) being, miraculously “born of a virgin” without the involvement of a human father. After all, as we have just seen, King Sha'ul and King David were both “messiahs”, and they were both the results of normal, natural births: we know the identities of both fathers, and both of these two kings had several older brothers (so their mothers were obviously not “virgins” when they were born)!

Link: http://mordochai.tripod.com/yeshu.html#top

kerwin
    Participant

Adam,

That last post is a straw man argument set up by Satan so what good does it do the Devil's work by posting it?

gollamudi
    Participant

If you say like that what difference it has when you compare it with the NT writings? I see them together no difference at all.

kerwin
    Participant

Adam,

I do not understand the point you are attempting to make. My point is that the idea that Jesus is God is a strawman argument as it is definitely not taught in scripture.

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks for such agreement with Jewish concepts of God. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Peace and love to you
    Adam

gollamudi
    Participant

See this allegation of a Jew;

Who Was Jesus?
    The Bible gave a warning about a dangerous, false prophet who would arise to test our faith in G-d. In Deuteronomy 13, G-d describes this false prophet as a member of the Jewish people (v. 2, 7) who would tell true prophecies and would have the power of miracles. G-d Himself would give this false prophet the power to perform miracles and reveal prophecy, but the false prophet would try to seduce the people away from G-d's Law and towards strange gods unknown to Judaism. The purpose would be to test whether we are truly committed to living under the Law, or whether we will be dazzled and fall for the temptation to join a false path to salvation (v. 3-6, 7-8, 11). In this Biblical passage, G-d repeatedly commands the Jews to kill this false prophet, lest the evil spread and destroy many souls.

To be accepted by the people, the false prophet would sometimes pretend to be a righteous Jew who fulfills the Law, but at key moments he would turn against certain details of the Law in order to make the breach (v. 6, 7). This is the reason that verse 1 commands us not to add or subtract any details from the Law, and verse 5 warns us to remain steadfast with all the traditions of the Law.

In Deuteronomy 17, this false prophet is also described as someone who would rebel against the authority of the judges of the Jewish people, and who should be put to death for his rebelliousness (v. 8-13, esp. v. 12). Who are the judges? The highest court in Israel was the Sanhedrin, which was established by Moses (Exodus 18:13-26; Numbers 11:16-29), and which lasted more than 15 centuries. The members of the Sanhedrin were the rabbis known as “Pharisees” (Pirushim, “those with the explanation”). G-d gave permanent authority to these judges to interpret the Law and G-d's Word, and it is a commandment to follow their decisions without turning even slightly to the right or the left (Deut. 17:11). But the false prophet would challenge the authority of the Sanhedrin, thus revealing himself to be an evil man.

In the book of the prophet Daniel, this false prophet is described as a king (the eleventh horn on a terrible beast) who would wage war against the Jews (the “holy ones”; see Deut. 14:2 on this term) and would change the Law including the calendar and the holidays (Daniel 7:8, 20-25). Elsewhere, this false prophet is described as a king who would disregard the G-d of his fathers, exalting himself as a god and giving honor to this new god-head (Daniel 11:36-39).

The man known today as “Jesus” fulfilled all these prophecies. He became a “king” (over the Christian church) who changed the original Law, doing away with the Hebrew calendar and the Biblical holidays (Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkos the Festival of Tabernacles, Passover, etc.). He disregarded the one, infinite G-d of the Hebrew Bible in favor of a new “trinity” that included himself. And he repeatedly broke the Law by committing terrible sins, while openly challenging the G-d-given authority of the rabbis of the Sanhedrin.

Naturally, Jesus did sometimes pretend to respect the Law, but whenever he thought he could get away with it, he turned right around and broke that same Law. In Matthew 5:17-19, he declared that he came to fulfill the Law, and in Matthew 23:1-3 he defended the authority of the rabbis. But the rest of the time, he rebelled against the Law—thus showing that his occasional words of piety were meant only to hide his evil agenda. The following sins of Jesus are recorded in the “New Testament”:

Jesus repudiated the laws of kosher food (Mark 7:18-19). [Compare this to the prophet Daniel's strict adherence to kashrus, in Daniel chapter 1.]
    He repudiated the laws of honoring one's parents, and called on his followers to hate their parents; he also dishonored his own mother (Matthew 10:34-36; Matthew 12:46-50; Luke 14:26).
    He violated the Sabbath by picking grain, and incited his disciples to do the same (Matthew 12:1-8; Mark 2:23-26).
    4) He again violated the Sabbath by healing a man's arm, which was not a matter of saving a life, and he openly defied the rabbis in his total repudiation of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:9-13; Mark 3:1-5). [Compare this to G-d's view of violating the Sabbath, in Numbers 15:32-36, Nehemiah 10:30-32, and dozens of other places throughout the Bible.]
    Jesus brazenly defied and disobeyed the rabbis of the Sanhedrin, repudiating their authority (This is recorded in many places throughout the New Testament, but look especially at Matthew 23:13-39 and John 8:44-45).
    The Talmud (Babylonian edition) records other sins of “Jesus the Nazarene”:

He and his disciples practiced sorcery and black magic, led Jews astray into idolatry, and were sponsored by foreign, gentile powers for the purpose of subverting Jewish worship (Sanhedrin 43a).
    He was sexually immoral, worshipped statues of stone (a brick is mentioned), was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness, and refused to repent (Sanhedrin 107b; Sotah 47a).
    He learned witchcraft in Egypt and, to perform miracles, used procedures that involved cutting his flesh—which is also explicitly banned in the Bible (Shabbos 104b).
    The false, rebellious message of Jesus has been thoroughly rejected by the vast majority of the Jewish people, as G-d commanded. Unfortunately, however, this same message has brought a terrible darkness upon the world; today, over 1.5 billion gentiles believe in Jesus. These lost souls mistakenly think they have found salvation in Jesus; tragically, they are in for a rude awakening. Truth and eternal life are found directly from G-d, through performing His Law. Any “mediator” only separates man from G-d:

“G-d is not a man, who can lie, nor the son of man, who relents… He has not beheld iniquity in Jacob, nor has He seen perverseness in Israel” (Numbers 23:19).
    Speaking prophetically of the Christian church, Moses declared, “For their 'rock' is not like our Rock… Where is their god, in whom they trusted?” (Deut. 32:31, 37).
    “'See now that I, only I, am He, and there is no god with Me. I kill, and I bring to life; I wound, and I heal, and there is none who can rescue from My Hand…' Sing songs of joy, gentiles, with His people, for He will avenge the blood of His servants, and will take vengeance on His enemies, and will forgive His land and His people” (Deut. 32:39, 43).
    “I, only I am Hashem (the L-rd), and besides Me there is no savior” (Isaiah 43:11).
    “I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god… Is there a god besides Me? There is no rock; I do not know any” (Isaiah 44:6).
    “Israel is saved in Hashem with an eternal salvation… Assemble yourselves and come, come near together, you gentiles who have escaped [the judgment]. (They have no knowledge, those who carry wooden sculptures and who pray to a god that does not save.) Announce and bring near, even take counsel together: Who declared this from ancient times, and announced it from then? Is it not I, Hashem? And there are no other gods beside Me, nor any righteous and saving god other than Me. Turn to Me and be saved, all ends of the earth, for I am G-d and there is none else. By Myself I swore, a righteous word went out of my mouth and it will not be withdrawn, that to Me every knee will bow and every tongue will swear” (Isaiah 45:17, 20-23).
    What is the true key to salvation? Those who return to the Law (the Seven Commandments for the Children of Noah, according to the eternal covenant made with Noah in Genesis 9) and who assist the Jewish people (Isaiah 60, 61, 66) will be saved and will participate in the miracles and revelations, including worshipping in the Third Temple, under the kingship of the Messiah. As described in many places, including Jeremiah 16:19-21 and Zechariah 8:20-23, all the old gentile religions of the world will disappear, and their followers will turn to the Jews for spiritual leadership. Until then, Christians are spiritually blinded, and cannot
    yet understand G-d's wisdom in the Bible.

Ours is the last generation of the era of sin and evil and the first of the Messianic Era. Indeed, for the first time in history, there is a growing consensus of leading rabbis willing to name the man most suited to be the Messiah, and they are agreeing that he is the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson. The Rebbe is the spiritual leader of our generation, having boldly stirred up controversy over vital issues in which other leaders have remained tragically silent or have even caved in to the growing forces of darkness. He has upheld the Law perfectly and has worked mightily to strengthen the observance of the Law by Jews, as well as the observance of the Noachide Law by gentiles. Through his teaching of chasidus (Jewish mystical teachings, preserved from Moses and Mount Sinai), he has taught the world that G-d is One, the Infinite Who renews creation at every moment. The Rebbe is a direct descendant of King David and has received a true prophecy from G-d that we who are alive in this generation shall be the first in history to see the coming of the true messiah. Many Jews are eagerly anticipating the Rebbe's resurrection from the grave, ready to re-establish the Sanhedrin and anoint the king.

Our job is to finish preparing the way, by announcing the truth and bringing all of mankind back to the Law immediately. Through our divinely mandated efforts, we shall now clear the path for the return of the Garden of Eden and the establishment of the eternal sinless world promised by Isaiah and the other Biblical prophets.

Source: http://www.noahide.com/yeshu.htm

karmarie
    Participant

Adam, the true path of Jesus is the way of love. He never changed any laws. He said untill heaven and earth pass away not one dot of the law is changed. Heaven and earth havent passed away yet. He is spoken of as the one who is pierced for our transgressions, he was is the son of God who came down from heaven to speak a message, he came as the light to the world. Adam, why are you still reading those things?

kerwin
    Participant

Adam.

Have you actually read the law?

Here are some questions for you to ponder and answer.

Do modern Jews teach that the foundation of the law is love your neighbor as yourself?

Are the commands about unclean foods in Leviticus 11 addressed to God fearing Gentiles?

If they are not then why not?

I would like you to answer these questions as they bear on the foolishness you chose to post.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam………..Brother, the Word Messiahs simply means (ANOINTED) as you stated, The Greek word Christos has the same meaning. Mow with that said. When was Saul or David a Messiah , was it before or after they were (ANOINTED) it was after right? Jesus became the Anointed ONE at the Jordan river and He therefore is a Messiah Just as David and Saul were . The difference is that Jesus had the Fullness of the Spirit Anointing , while David an Saul did not . Adam don;t buy into the false teachings of the Jews Brother, they have reject Jesus for now < But some day they will mourn for him as a man does for the death of his only son. Don't let yourself be one of those brother.

May GOD help you to see and understand this brother, do not be lead away in the errors of false Christianity, or the errors of the Jews.

Peace and love to you and yours Adam…………………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 614 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account