The Hypostatic union.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 07 2011,12:48)

Quote (terraricca @ May 07 2011,04:22)
    Charles

Hi all,

According to John we will eventually become gods

John 10:34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken

Yes anyone that speaks the truth of God is a god like Moses was to his brother;Ex 4:16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

Jesus was a god to his brothers and the people of Israel.

Moses acting as a god to his brothers but this also bears a full responsibility of actions,and for one mistake it ad cost his live and never enter the promised land.

so be careful if you want to play god.

Pierre

Pierre,

Moses, was never found dead,Moses 'tomb was never found.
    Moses with respect to prophecies should never enter the Holy Land. Moses was the only person on earth who confronted god on mount Sinai on the very first day.Moses, when you study carefully on that particular day till he went to Egypt was completely controlling god,and also went to Egypt only because god accepted all what Moses asked,and wanted.When you reflect and pray the Holy Spirit to give you light you will be aware  that Moses was Jesus incarnated in him.Also Moses life is a copycat of Jesus.That's why he was to introduce the supper of the lamb.That's why he never entered the Holy Land because symbolically it was not the time.

peace and love.

Charles

your answer has nothing to do with what we discuss about being called gods

Pierre

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 07 2011,06:26)

Quote (Wispring @ May 06 2011,00:26)
    Hi 942767,
      Thank You! Thank you for pointing out the obvious reality that an image of anything is not the original. If you ever tried your hand as a visual artist or did alot of Photoshop type work you would be extremely aware of this simple fact of life.

With Love and Respect,
                                                         Wispring

Wispring

According to scripture “Jesus is the image of the invisible God” (Col 1:15) or another way of reading that is “Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God”.

In other words God had made himself “visible” in Jesus.

Jesus is not just a reflection, for he is…

…the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,… Heb 1:3

The Greek word for “express image” is 'charaktēr' and means;

b) the exact expression (the image) of any person or thing, marked likeness, precise reproduction in every respect, i.e facsimile

Jesus is in every respect exactly like God. This means he is “all powerful”, and “omnipresent” which are attributes of God alone.

So your comparison to Photo shop is not a good one since Jesus is the living image of God.

But let’s use your example of photo shop and see how an “image” relates.

If you have a photo of your spouse (if you have a spouse), when you look at that photo do you imagine that the one in the photo is not your spouse? Would you say because it is a photo image that the one in the photo is not your human wife?

Think of it this way…If you had a literal photo of God would you say that the one in the photo is not God?

Jesus is like the photo of God in that he is perfectly Gods image. Jesus is in every respect exactly like God. That is why Jesus said if you had seen him you have seen God. He is the visible image of God or God made manifest in the flesh.

If your image (photo) of Jesus is less than God then you have a false Jesus and have created an image of Jesus that is not exactly like God.

The image of God is God because the “image of God” is perfectly identical!

WJ

Hi Keith:

Maybe I've missed something. Where are your getting your information for the below statement:

Jesus is in every respect exactly like God. This means he is “all powerful”, and “omnipresent” which are attributes of God alone.

The scripture states that Jesus is the last Adam. And in Genesis God said let us make man in our image, and the scripture states that:

1 Co. 15:45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi again Keith:

And you say:

The image of God is God because the “image of God” is perfectly identical!

No, he is the last Adam who is the express image of God's person.  God's character has been made manifest to us through the life of His Son, but he is still God's Son and not God himself.  They are two distinct persons.  And the scriptures state:

John 17
    1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 05 2011,12:02)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 01 2011,01:42)

Quote (Istari @ April 28 2011,17:04)
    Work backwards: if Jesus IS God – and he says we are to become like him – then he must mean that we too are to become GOD!

OK JA

Does it mean that we are going to become God if we are made after Gods image? Because it is his image that we are being changed into you know.

So lets work backwards.

If we go all the way back to the beginnng we find that God said…

And God said, Let us make man in “OUR IMAGE”, after OUR LIKENESS: Gen 1:26

So God created man in “HIS OWN IMAGE”, in the “IMAGE OF GOD” created he him; male and female created he them. Gen 1:27

Yet the scriptures tell us that we are being made into the image of Jesus.

Major Premise = We are being changed into the image of God.

Minor Premise = We are being changed into the image of Jesus.

Conclusion = Jesus is God!

I learned that from KJ. :)

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Jesus was made in the image of God and we are being transformed into the image of Jesus.  Jesus is the express image of God then we also will be in the image of God. Neither he nor we will ever be God.  We will have his divine nature by virtue of applying His Word in our daily life.

Jesus does not have two natures.  He is a man whose spirit has been formed by God through obedience to God's Word.  It is through the works of obedience to God's Word that we have seen the Father manifest through the life of Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty and All,

Rev 4:5And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God

Do we agree that Almighty God has seven spirits, and since they are all his they are all spirits of God within the Almighty?

Do we agree that since God wanted to become man somehow all his spirits must also become man?

Do we agree that since Jesus became man He is one of those spirits and also within Himself there is the Father's who owns those seven spirits, and it will remain so till the very end, when Jesus will give everything to His Father so He will become All in Him? So all will become Gods within the Almighty God.The main reason for the whole of creation.

Therefore since Jesus in Matthew 28: 18 And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. He is the acting Almighty God till the Father decides to alter it.

Peace and Love

Charles

Baker
    Participant

Charles! No, No, No, No Jesus was created in Gods image, but does not have 7 Spirits of God. There is only ONE Holy Spirit that dwells in all of us….
    Eph 4:4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

Gods Holy Spirit is perfect, 7 is the number for being perfect. That does not mean that God has seven Spirits. Do you have those seven Spirits in you? I hope not. What you need to be careful about that a Demonic spirit doesn't enter into you…..Satan is considered the God of this world. he was a beautiful Angel of light…..And he portrays himself as one at times, so we have to put on the whole Armor of God. You do know what that is I hope…
    .Yes, all power is given to Jesus. But what does that mean to you, that now Jesus is Almighty God??? I don't think so….And the Father does not alter anything. The Son, Jesus when all things are made subject to Him, will give the Kingdom back to God.

1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Cr 15:26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.

1Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Peace Irene

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ May 07 2011,23:34)
    Charles!  No, No, No, No  Jesus was created in Gods image, but does not have 7 Spirits of God.  There is only ONE Holy Spirit that dwells in all of us….
    Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Gods Holy Spirit is perfect, 7 is the number for being perfect.  That does not mean that God has seven Spirits.  Do you have those seven Spirits in you?  I hope not.  What you need to be careful about that a Demonic spirit doesn't enter into you…..Satan is considered the God of this world. he was a beautiful Angel of light…..And he portrays himself as one at times, so we have to put on the whole Armor of God.  You do know what that is I hope…
    .Yes, all power is given to Jesus.  But what does that mean to you, that now Jesus is Almighty God??? I don't think so….And the Father does not alter anything.  The Son, Jesus when all things are made subject to Him, will give the Kingdom back to God.

1Cr 15:25   For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.  

1Cr 15:26   The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.  

1Cr 15:27   For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  

1Cr 15:28   And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Peace Irene

Irene,

please this is revelation: 4:5And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. Not seven spirit of the Father although all are within the Father.Father is only one of the titles of God.

your quote:7 is the number for being perfect.

So according to you the seven in revelation means nothing just to tell us that God is perfect and not also why,and how the seven is used. All numbers within the bible have possess wisdom and require deep meditation,and reflection through the Holy Spirit apart from a holy life to be revealed.

peace and love within the Almighty God Jesus Christ till now.

Jesus according to John3:34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

your Quote:..And the Father does not alter anything.  

Yes,yes,yes. read Mark13:31

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 32But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

your quote:There is only ONE Holy Spirit
    I know,but through the Holy Spirit we also Have Jesus and the Father within Us. Read John14:23

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

So only Jesus was given the full power of all the spirits of God the Father.This is confirmed through His Son Jesus words:I am in the Father and the Father is in me. So since the Father has all the spirits,and the Father is in His Son Jesus,

your quote:Yes, all power is given to Jesus.  But what does that mean to you, that now Jesus is Almighty God??? I don't think so

Yes,yes,yes since He has His Father within Him.
    Jesus has all the power of the almighty God within himself,because only Jesus I repeat Jesus, not the almighty God, died as man, but He was raised by His Father so they are both glorified through the full Power of the seven spirits of God . Jesus is the only spiritual person in flesh,but since He has His Father within Him ,the Father is also glorified which means He is also a spiritual flesh within His Son.

Matthew 28: 18 And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. He is the acting Almighty God till the Father decides to alter it.

Now these are the seven spirits of God

1 spirit of the Almighty God The father,the son, and the Holy
    Spirit.

1 spirit of the Father

1 spirit of the Son

1 spirit of the Holy spirit.

1 spirit of Both the Father and the Son. represented in Michael the chief defender of heaven most powerful archangel

1 spirit of Both the Son and the Holy Spirit represented in Lucifer(Satan) that's why he is the angel of light Like the son of God Jesus. this archangel was wisdom the most wise archangel

1 spirit of both the Father and the Holy Spirit represented by Gabriel. the messenger of almighty God.

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ May 07 2011,23:34)
    Charles!  No, No, No, No  Jesus was created in Gods image, but does not have 7 Spirits of God.  There is only ONE Holy Spirit that dwells in all of us….
    Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Gods Holy Spirit is perfect, 7 is the number for being perfect.  That does not mean that God has seven Spirits.  Do you have those seven Spirits in you?  I hope not.  What you need to be careful about that a Demonic spirit doesn't enter into you…..Satan is considered the God of this world. he was a beautiful Angel of light…..And he portrays himself as one at times, so we have to put on the whole Armor of God.  You do know what that is I hope…
    .Yes, all power is given to Jesus.  But what does that mean to you, that now Jesus is Almighty God??? I don't think so….And the Father does not alter anything.  The Son, Jesus when all things are made subject to Him, will give the Kingdom back to God.

1Cr 15:25   For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.  

1Cr 15:26   The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.  

1Cr 15:27   For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  

1Cr 15:28   And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Peace Irene

Irene,

I wanted to add that we as Christians, should know the significance of the death of Jesus crucified, and not like John the Baptist with his head chopped off.

The tree symbolically is all material creation,flesh.

Jesus God man symbolically a spirit being,that's why he preached spirituality.

He died nailed on the cross symbolically two became one .

Spirit and flesh became one since they died nailed, bonded,and never to be separated except after death. So Jesus the only spirit/flesh being is the most powerful person in all creation in all existence,more powerful then the Father as spirit/flesh because the Father hasn't got flesh,BUT since the Son with the power of the Holy Spirit and His almighty Father was raised from death they are both glorified and Jesus spirit,and the father's spirit are one in the flesh.This is Charity.First Jesus died for His Father,and then His Father raised him from death to become temporary the acting Almighty God.Through Jesus the Almighty Father acquired flesh and an enormous creation,and it will never stop always becoming bigger and bigger for eternity.

As soon as Jesus went up in heaven,He sent the Holy Spirit from His Father to abide in US, and through this act The Almighty Father is in possession of all humanity.

Peace and love

Baker
    Participant

Charles, You didn't write anything I don't know already….But I stand on what I said, there are not seven Spirits of God. There is ONE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD> Scripture in Ephesian 4 says so….

Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. How does that prove God alters things???? It doesn't….In fact it says the opposite…..

The way Almighty God and jesus is in us is by Gods Holy Spirit. There is a Spirit in man too. I was not talking about those Soirits, I was talking about Gods Holy Spirit…. And there is only one… not seven…

So you say that because Jesus has Gods Holy Sopirit in Him, He is Almighty God? Is that what you are saying?
    So since we have Gods Holy Spirit in us, we also are Almighty God? Not so…..

Deu 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

1Cr 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.

Are you out of your mind, that God Almighty is below Jesus?????No way… I just gave Scriptures that prove otherwise….Also

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Jesus did not go to Heaven as a flesh Spirit being. Thats it, heard enough…..You my friend need to study the Bible more.,…

Peace Irene

Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 07 2011,16:44)

Work backwards: if Jesus IS God – and he says we are to become like him – then he must mean that we too are to become GOD!

OK JA

Does it mean that we are going to become God if we are made after Gods image? Because it is his image that we are being changed into you know.

So lets work backwards.

So God created man in “HIS OWN IMAGE”, in the “IMAGE OF GOD” created he him; male and female created he them. Gen 1:27

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Jesus was made in the image of God and we are being transformed into the image of Jesus.  Jesus is the express image of God then we also will be in the image of God. Neither he nor we will ever be God.  We will have his divine nature by virtue of applying His Word in our daily life.

Jesus does not have two natures.  He is a man whose spirit has been formed by God through obedience to God's Word.  It is through the works of obedience to God's Word that we have seen the Father manifest through the life of Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty and All,

Rev 4:5And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God

Do we agree that Almighty God has seven spirits, and since they are all his they are all spirits of God within the Almighty?

Do we agree that since God wanted to become man  somehow all his spirits must also become man?

Do we agree that since Jesus became man He is one of those spirits and also within Himself there is the Father's  who owns those seven spirits, and it will remain so till the very end, when Jesus will give everything to His Father so He will become All in Him? So all will become Gods within the Almighty God.The main reason for the whole of creation.

Therefore since Jesus in Matthew 28: 18 And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. He is the acting Almighty God till the Father decides to alter it.

Peace and Love

Charles

Hi Charles:

You say:

Do we agree that since God wanted to become man somehow all his spirits must also become man?

Since when did God want to become a man?

Numbers 23:19
    God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ May 08 2011,12:04)
    Charles, You didn't write anything I don't know already….But I stand on what I said, there are not seven Spirits of God. There is ONE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD>   Scripture in Ephesian 4 says so….

Mar 13:31   Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.  How does that prove God alters things???? It doesn't….In fact it says the opposite…..

The way Almighty God and jesus is in us is by Gods Holy Spirit.  There is a Spirit in man too.  I was not talking about those Soirits, I was talking about Gods Holy Spirit…. And there is only one… not seven…

So you say that because Jesus has Gods Holy Sopirit in Him, He is Almighty God?  Is that what you are saying?  
    So since we have Gods Holy Spirit in us, we also are Almighty God?  Not so…..  

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Are you out of your mind, that God Almighty is below Jesus?????No way… I just gave Scriptures that prove otherwise….Also

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  

Jesus did not go to Heaven as a flesh Spirit being. Thats it,  heard enough…..You my friend need to study the Bible more.,…  

Peace Irene

Irene,
    you rush to conclusions.
    Your quote: Charles, You didn't write anything I don't know already….But I stand on what I said, there are not seven Spirits of God. There is ONE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD>   Scripture in Ephesian 4 says so….

Rev:8:22And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

Believe it or not These represent the seven spirits of God.

Mar 13:31   Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.  How does that prove God alters things???? It doesn't….In fact it says the opposite..

You left Mar: 13:32 read it very slowly it says only the Father knows when He alter every things.He is referring to the day when God the Father will completely changes everything.

Here it is
    Mark13:32But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Rev:21:1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Your Quote:The way Almighty God and jesus is in us is by Gods Holy Spirit.  There is a Spirit in man too.  I was not talking about those Soirits, I was talking about Gods Holy Spirit…. And there is only one… not seven…

In your opinion how many spirits are there in all humanity?And how many spirits where there in all humanity from Jesus till today? How come that there's only one Holy spirit and He is in all of us and in all of all whatever is ever created ,since only the spirit gives life. How come in Mark 5:9 in one person there were many spirits,and God cannot have as much as He wants even if we read one spirit,which could mean one group of spirits within God?

Mark 5:9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

Jesus asked him what is your name ,not what are your names although He knew that they were thousands.

Mark 5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea

Your quote:So you say that because Jesus has Gods Holy Sopirit in Him, He is Almighty God?  Is that what you are saying?  
    So since we have Gods Holy Spirit in us, we also are Almighty God?  Not so…..  

You rushed again:

In order for Jesus to become God in Flesh He had to Die,and raised by the quickening(completely changed and given life)power of the Holy Spirit from His Father.

If we succeed through our lives in copying Jesus and live holy lives, yes we will be raised through the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

And on the Lord's day on the wedding of the lamb we will be like God
    Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God

Your quotes:Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.   All of these scriptures are a clear reference to Jesus Christ Glorified as God Almighty .Only Jesus has spiritual flesh.

Luke 24: 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.So God Almighty through His Son Jesus death,acquired Flesh forever and the two became ONE The Father and His Son for the first time ever became ONE SPIRITUAL FLESH for ever. First where one in the spirit before creation,then through the sacrifice of Both of His Son's spirit,and His Son's flesh ,they became one in flesh and spirit.

This Lucifer believed that it wasn't possible for God ,and He thought that only he himself will succeed in achieving that since he was in possession of the world and its creatures.

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  this piece of scripture is explaining that we as we are cannot inherit God's Kingdom,but after we die because our flesh m
    ust die since it is corrupted,and as I explained further up we live in Jesus Christ,we will be changed
    as Saint Paul explained.

Peace and Love in the Almighty God within Jesus Christ.

Charles

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 08 2011,14:23)

OK JA

So lets work backwards.

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty and All,

Do we agree that since God wanted to become man  somehow all his spirits must also become man?

Do we agree that since Jesus became man He is one of those spirits and also within Himself there is the Father's  who owns those seven spirits, and it will remain so till the very end, when Jesus will give everything to His Father so He will become All in Him? So all will become Gods within the Almighty God.The main reason for the whole of creation.

Peace and Love

Charles

Hi Charles:

You say:

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Your Quote:Since when did God want to become a man?

Are you convinced that our Almighty God is a loving God?
    Can a person living on his own secluded express love?
    Therefore does God although He is unfathomable bliss in every virtue can express love on His own? or rather He would be more egoistic?
    So what from these questions you, me and all the people in the world would be convinced that our God is a loving God within Himself, if He was all by Himself with all the empty space He Himself envelope? Obvious He was not alone He was with His loving Son two in one.
    But why still He wanted creatures isn’t it enough since He has got someone to love?
    But what’s wrong if this love keeps growing instead of becoming a stalemate? He doesn’t only wanted it to expand, but in the same time He wanted to show His Son the kind of love He has for Him, and He gave him everything which was within His power. But why He gave Him everything? The Father felt that unless the Father would rely totally in His Son, it wouldn’t be an act of love in full, not only that, but His Son in return would be faced with a reciprocal challenge to show His Father how much He loves Him ,even as far as to give His life for Him. His Father therefore from the other hand, promised His Son that He will not leave Him all by Himself, and also to retain what was His, within Him as before. Through all this we have a perfect divine love through, obedience, charity, and humility from Both the Father and the Son. Equal love.
    So , we came into the conclusion that the Father, through His Son’s pronunciation, which means that the Father, where before had His Son within Himself, from that moment on, with the power of Holy Spirit,He became within His Son spirit, by Him, and for Him, He created and converted His Son into a massive of heavenly Hosts. So His Son’s spirit practically doesn’t exist anymore as a spiritual person, but within all His angels. We could realize that the Almighty God from a mere spiritual being within Himself and His Son two in one, became millions, and millions and millions within His Son. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a massive expression of divine love. All by Him, all in Him, all for Him. But that wasn’t the End? God the Father wanted that after the invisible and immortal beings were complete, He still wanted to keep on growing, through the creation of the visible cosmos and creatures. He made His heavenly hosts aware that men would be created and also, a divine person would become incarnate, born of a woman and assume their nature, raising him to the hypostatic union and to divine Personality. This man eventually would be in command of all of heavenly Hosts and earth, and they all would be subject to him, and even to adore Him. This would be their test of love in obedience, and humility. God was aware that even His Son, and His mother would be subject to such test eventually.
    We all know now that both Jesus as God man, and Mary His Mother demonstrated the highest virtues of obedience, humility, charity, simplicity, and more, to proof that they are the appropriate Man and Wom
    an, God the Father predestined within Him before all creation and time. At the very end God the Father will also humble Himself when He will be a Man Himself through Jesus, body forever, our body, not of angels but ours sinners. Wow! Wow! Wow! What the utmost massive expression of love within, Devine mercy ,humility, charity, obedience and simplicity and more and more. God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes: Can you imagine this to happen to you? The Almighty God wipe a sinners’ tears, is there any act of love within humility like it? Isn’t it the very reason Why the Almighty God through His Son Jesus, wanted to become man for the simple reason that it wouldn’t be possible for us to be with Him? Isn’t He a convincingly Loving God?
    Rev: 21:3 And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.
    And do you know why? Because Jesus will not be that person we all are aware of, He will not exist anymore as Jesus, but God Almighty will own His spiritual flesh. He will be a Lamb in the throne of God. Spiritually, He will return where He was before all creation within His Father.
    Jesus will be visible through all creatures because they were created by Him, in Him, and for Him. This is the expression of the Love of the Almighty God, what a difference from when He was two in one person, instead He became one Spiritual world the bridegroom Jesus, married with one material world the bride the church, two became one, through the power of the Holy Spirit ,of the Father within His Son Jesus.
    Rev:22: 1 And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street thereof, and on both sides of the river, was the tree of life, bearing twelve fruits, yielding its fruits every month, and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no curse any more; but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and his servants shall serve him. 4 And they shall see his face: and his name shall be on their foreheads. 5 And night shall be no more: and they shall not need the light of the lamp, nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God shall enlighten them, and they shall reign for ever and ever

Peace and Love in Almighty God within Jesus
    Charles

Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 09 2011,01:38)

OK JA

So lets work backwards.

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty and All,

Peace and Love

Charles

Hi Charles:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Therefore does God although He is unfathomable bliss in every virtue can express love on His own? or rather He would be more egoistic?
    So what from these questions you, me and all the people in the world would be convinced that our God is a loving God within Himself, if He was all by Himself with all the empty space He Himself envelope? Obvious He was not alone He was with His loving Son two in one.
    But why still He wanted creatures isn’t it enough since He has got someone to love?
    But what’s wrong if this love keeps growing instead of becoming a stalemate? He doesn’t only wanted it to expand, but in the same time  He wanted to show His Son  the kind of love He has for Him, and He gave him everything which was within His power. But why He gave Him everything? The Father felt that unless the Father would rely totally in His Son, it wouldn’t be an act of love in full, not only that, but His Son in return would be faced with a reciprocal challenge to show His Father how much He loves Him ,even as far as to give His life for Him. His Father therefore from the other hand, promised His Son that He will not leave Him all by Himself, and also to retain what was His, within Him as before. Through all this we have a perfect divine love through, obedience, charity, and humility from Both the Father and the Son. Equal love.
    So , we came into the conclusion that the Father, through His Son’s pronunciation, which means that the Father, where before had His Son within Himself, from that moment on,  with the power of Holy Spirit,He became within His Son spirit, by  Him, and for Him, He created and  converted His Son into  a massive of heavenly Hosts. So His Son’s spirit practically doesn’t exist anymore as a spiritual person, but within all His angels. We could realize that the Almighty God from a mere spiritual being within Himself and His Son two in one, became millions, and millions and millions within His Son. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a massive expression of divine love. All by Him, all in Him, all for Him. But that wasn’t the End? God the Father wanted that after the invisible and immortal beings were complete, He still wanted to keep on growing, through the creation of the visible cosmos and creatures. He made His heavenly hosts aware that  men would be created and also, a divine person would become incarnate, born of a woman and assume their nature, raising him to the hypostatic union and to divine Personality. This man eventually  would be in command of all of heavenly Hosts and earth, and they all would be subject to him, and even to adore Him. This would be their test of love in obedience, and humility.  God was aware that even His Son, and His mother would be subject to such test eventually.
    We a
    ll know now that both Jesus as God man, and Mary His Mother demonstrated the highest virtues of obedience, humility, charity, simplicity, and more, to proof that they are the appropriate Man and Woman, God the Father predestined within Him before all creation and time. At the very end God the Father will also humble Himself when He will be a Man Himself through Jesus, body forever, our body, not of angels but ours sinners. Wow! Wow! Wow! What the utmost massive expression of love within, Devine mercy ,humility, charity, obedience and simplicity and more and more. God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes: Can you imagine this to happen to you? The Almighty God wipe a sinners’ tears, is there any act of love within humility like it? Isn’t it the very reason Why the Almighty God through His Son Jesus, wanted to become man for the simple reason that it wouldn’t be possible for us to be with Him? Isn’t He a convincingly Loving God?
    Rev: 21:3 And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.
    And do you know why? Because Jesus will not be that person we all are aware of, He will not exist anymore as Jesus, but God Almighty will own His spiritual flesh. He will be a Lamb in the throne of God. Spiritually, He will return where He was before all creation within His Father.
    Jesus will be visible through all creatures because they were created by Him, in Him, and for Him.  This is the expression of the Love of the Almighty God, what a difference from when He was two in one person, instead He became one Spiritual world the bridegroom Jesus, married with one material world the bride the church, two became one, through the power of the Holy Spirit ,of the Father within His Son Jesus.
    Rev:22: 1 And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street thereof, and on both sides of the river, was the tree of life, bearing twelve fruits, yielding its fruits every month, and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no curse any more; but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and his servants shall serve him. 4 And they shall see his face: and his name shall be on their foreheads. 5 And night shall be no more: and they shall not need the light of the lamp, nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God shall enlighten them, and they shall reign for ever and ever

Charles

Hi Charles:

The scriptures state that God showed his love for humanity by giving us His Only Begotten Son, and His Christ to be the propitiation for our sins, and that through him we might be reconciled to Him and have a personal relationship with Him.

But he is not a man, and He will never be a man.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 09 2011,04:30)

Quote (csaliba @ May 09 2011,01:38)

OK JA

So lets work backwards.

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty and All,

Peace and Love

Charles

Hi Charles:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

But what’s wrong if this love keeps growing instead of becoming a stalemate? He doesn’t only wanted it to expand, but in the same time  He wanted to show His Son  the kind of love He has for Him, and He gave him everything which was within His power. But why He gave Him everything? The Father felt that unless the Father would rely totally in His Son, it wouldn’t be an act of love in full, not only that, but His Son in return would be faced with a reciprocal challenge to show His Father how much He loves Him ,even as far as to give His life for Him. His Father therefore from the other hand, promised His Son that He will not leave Him all by Himself, and also to retain what was His, within Him as before. Through all this we have a perfect divine love through, obedience, charity, and humility from Both the Father and the Son. Equal love.
    So , we came into the conclusion that the Father, through His Son’s pronunciation, which means that the Father, where before had His Son within Himself, from that moment on,  with the power of Holy Spirit,He became within His Son spirit, by  Him, and for Him, He created and  converted His Son into  a massive of heavenly Hosts. So His Son’s spirit practically doesn’t exist anymore as a spiritual person, but within all His angels. We could realize that the Almighty God from a mere spiritual being within Himself and His Son two in one, became millions, and millions and millions within His Son. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a massive expression of divine love. All by Him, all in Him, all for Him. But that wasn’t the End? God the Father wanted that after the invisible and immortal beings were complete, He still wanted to keep on growing, through the creation of the visible cosmos and creatures. He made His heavenly hosts aware that  men would be created and also, a divine person would become incarnate, born of a woman and assume their nature, raising him to the hypostatic union and to divine Personality. This man eventually  would be in command of all of heavenly Hosts and earth, and th
    ey all would be subject to him, and even to adore Him. This would be their test of love in obedience, and humility.  God was aware that even His Son, and His mother would be subject to such test eventually.
    We all know now that both Jesus as God man, and Mary His Mother demonstrated the highest virtues of obedience, humility, charity, simplicity, and more, to proof that they are the appropriate Man and Woman, God the Father predestined within Him before all creation and time. At the very end God the Father will also humble Himself when He will be a Man Himself through Jesus, body forever, our body, not of angels but ours sinners. Wow! Wow! Wow! What the utmost massive expression of love within, Devine mercy ,humility, charity, obedience and simplicity and more and more. God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes: Can you imagine this to happen to you? The Almighty God wipe a sinners’ tears, is there any act of love within humility like it? Isn’t it the very reason Why the Almighty God through His Son Jesus, wanted to become man for the simple reason that it wouldn’t be possible for us to be with Him? Isn’t He a convincingly Loving God?
    Jesus will be visible through all creatures because they were created by Him, in Him, and for Him.  This is the expression of the Love of the Almighty God, what a difference from when He was two in one person, instead He became one Spiritual world the bridegroom Jesus, married with one material world the bride the church, two became one, through the power of the Holy Spirit ,of the Father within His Son Jesus.

Charles

Hi Charles:

The scriptures state that God showed his love for humanity by giving us His Only Begotten Son, and His Christ to be the propitiation for our sins, and that through him we might be reconciled to Him and have a personal relationship with Him.

But he is not a man, and He will never be a man.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

I respect your opinion.

Luke 24:39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Wasn't that Jesus confirming that He is still MAN and also SPIRIT

Peace and Love in God Almighty in Jesus as God/Man

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why the need to quote for every single post.
    I personally don't bother to read topics formatted that way.
    It involves too much scrolling just to follow the conversation.

Participant

Hi Charles:

You say:

Marty,

I respect your opinion.

Luke 24:39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Wasn't that Jesus confirming that He is still MAN and also SPIRIT

Peace and Love in God Almighty in Jesus as God/Man

The scripture that you quote above does not support what you are indicating. Jesus is the last Adam. He is the express image of God's person, but no, he is not the God man. There is Only One True God, according to the below scriptures:

1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Co 8:5For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 07 2011,12:48)

Quote (terraricca @ May 07 2011,04:22)
    Charles

Hi all,

According to John we will eventually become gods

John 10:34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken

Yes anyone that speaks the truth of God is a god like Moses was to his brother;Ex 4:16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

Jesus was a god to his brothers and the people of Israel.

Moses acting as a god to his brothers but this also bears a full responsibility of actions,and for one mistake it ad cost his live and never enter the promised land.

so be careful if you want to play god.

Pierre

Pierre,

Moses, was never found dead,Moses 'tomb was never found.
    Moses with respect to prophecies should never enter the Holy Land. Moses was the only person on earth who confronted god on mount Sinai on the very first day.Moses, when you study carefully on that particular day till he went to Egypt was completely controlling god,and also went to Egypt only because god accepted all what Moses asked,and wanted.When you reflect and pray the Holy Spirit to give you light you will be aware  that Moses was Jesus incarnated in him.Also Moses life is a copycat of Jesus.That's why he was to introduce the supper of the lamb.That's why he never entered the Holy Land because symbolically it was not the time.

peace and love.

Charles

you should read the scriptures again ,it is Moses who did everything that God told him to do .

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ May 04 2011,19:34)

Quote (princess @ May 05 2011,19:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 05 2011,01:21)

What is the image of God we were made into Mike?

Spirit.

Too adult ?

Kathi

try this,the image= the faculty of thinking,to make decisions,to enjoy the environment and distinctly measure the beauty of things,to be able to part take emotionally with others ,and share the love in our heart,

and not to be the least, is the possibility to increase all our faculties,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

That's also along the lines of what I would guess.  Princess, we weren't made as spirit beings and God does not consist of flesh and blood, so I don't think that's the answer……….unless I'm missing something.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 05 2011,10:55)
    Since Jesus is the image of God that we are becoming like and there is only “One Image” that is Gods then Jesus is God.

Hi Keith,

Since we are made in God's image, and there is only “One Image” that is Gods, then we are God – according to your reasoning. Is it possible that God made Jesus in His image first, and then created us in the image they both shared?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 06 2011,13:26)

The Greek word for “express image” is 'charaktēr' and means;

b) the exact expression (the image) of any person or thing, marked likeness, precise reproduction in every respect, i.e facsimile

Keith,

The original and most used meaning of “charaktēr” is the indent left when metal was stamped by an engraving tool.  And the indent, while being an exact mirrored image made from the tool, is not the tool itself, but something created BY the tool.  :)  

Jesus is in every respect exactly like God.

Is Jesus the Father of an only begotten Son who died so that mankind could be saved?  Is the Father a Priest of God and a Servant of God?  Does the Father have someone he calls “my God”?  You should be more careful with the use of the word “exactly”.

This means he is “all powerful”, and “omnipresent” which are attributes of God alone.

Jesus has exactly the amount of power that his God has given him.  But let's just say you were right about “all powerful” and “omnipresent”.  Why then would you ASSUME they would be qualities of God alone?  Couldn't God give a tomato plant these same qualities if He wanted to?  Is it possible that God gave qualities that He has to His first and greatest creation of all?  After all, the good qualities that we possess were possessed by the Father before He ever gave them to us.  He just didn't create us with as many of His qualities as He created Jesus with.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

Jesus has exactly the amount of power that his God has given him. But let's just say you were right about “all powerful” and “omnipresent”. Why then would you ASSUME they would be qualities of God alone? Couldn't God give a tomato plant these same qualities if He wanted to? Is it possible that God gave qualities that He has to His first and greatest creation of all? After all, the good qualities that we possess were possessed by the Father before He ever gave them to us. He just didn't create us with as many of His qualities as He created Jesus with.

mike

this also was done with Moses;Ex 4:1 Moses answered, “What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you’?”
    Ex 4:2 Then the LORD said to him, “What is that in your hand?”
    “A staff,” he replied.
    Ex 4:3 The LORD said, “Throw it on the ground.”
    Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it.
    Ex 4:4 Then the LORD said to him, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail.” So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand.
    Ex 4:5 “This,” said the LORD, “is so that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has appeared to you.”
    Ex 4:6 Then the LORD said, “Put your hand inside your cloak.” So Moses put his hand into his cloak, and when he took it out, it was leprous, like snow.
    Ex 4:7 “Now put it back into your cloak,” he said. So Moses put his hand back into his cloak, and when he took it out, it was restored, like the rest of his flesh.

Moses recieve some powers from God for the purpose to convince others.

same with Christ ,but more greater powers

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account