The Hypostatic union.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 202 total)
  • Author

t

Lets see how Mike answers then I will answer you.

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Keith,

Do you have a point?  If so, then make it please.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 30 2011,10:03)
    So we are children of God and are not being made to be more like the Father God?

Yes, that sounds right – how does that say “Jesus is God”?

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 30 2011,10:03)
    What is the image of God we were made into Mike?

I'm not sure what exactly is meant when God said He made us in His “image”………are you?

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 30 2011,10:45)
    Mike

Didn't you make this statement?

mikeboll64 @ April 19 2011,22:38
    The “OUR image” would HAVE to be Jesus IMO, because mankind wasn't yet there, and no one else is said to share God's image.

Absolutely.  How does this statement say “Jesus is God”?

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Keith,
    I'm back…my electricity is now working again after 72 hours. I read through this thread and I think a one on one 'discussion' would be more effective, don't you? It gets very distracting with all those who deny the deity of Christ posting as well. I really don't want to debate, just discuss respectfully, one question at a time. That is probably done best in the debate section. What do you say? You can ask one question and then I can answer that question, then my turn to ask you a question. How about that?

Kathi

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ May 01 2011,15:25)
    Keith,
    I'm back…my electricity is now working again after 72 hours.  I read through this thread and I think a one on one 'discussion' would be more effective, don't you?  It gets very distracting with all those who deny the deity of Christ posting as well.  I really don't want to debate, just discuss respectfully, one question at a time.  That is probably done best in the debate section.  What do you say?  You can ask one question and then I can answer that question, then my turn to ask you a question.  How about that?

Kathi

Kathy!  Welcome back!!! You are asking Keith who believes in the deity of Jesus?  Rather then Mike?,

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Irene,

Thank you! Keith opened up this topic with questions to me and I can see that we can't have a meaningful conversation with the mixture of those who do not believe in the deity of Christ also.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 30 2011,22:25)
    You can ask one question and then I can answer that question, then my turn to ask you a question. How about that?

That's the only way to do a good discussion/debate IMO.

(Welcome back)

mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 30 2011,23:50)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 01 2011,10:03)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 30 2011,10:42)
    We were made in the image of God, Keith.  Scripture says so.

Thats it.

So we are children of God and are not being made to be more like the Father God?

WJ

WJ

that is a good question,what is the image ?

could you answer that  question?

Pierre

Pierre,

He already did by quoting Mike.

WJ qrote:

Mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 19 2011,22:38)
    The “OUR image” would HAVE to be Jesus IMO, because mankind wasn't yet there, and no one else is said to share God's image.

Found here!

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 30 2011,23:25)
    Keith,
    I'm back…my electricity is now working again after 72 hours.  I read through this thread and I think a one on one 'discussion' would be more effective, don't you?  It gets very distracting with all those who deny the deity of Christ posting as well.  I really don't want to debate, just discuss respectfully, one question at a time.  That is probably done best in the debate section.  What do you say?  You can ask one question and then I can answer that question, then my turn to ask you a question.  How about that?

Kathi

Bump for Keith.

Quote (Lightenup @ May 03 2011,09:10)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 30 2011,23:25)
    Keith,

Kathi

Bump for Keith.

kathi

I have a lot on my plate and have not forgotten your suggestion.

You are right about this thread being interrupted by people creating distractions and getting off topic.

So if it is alright with you I will move my last responses to you to the “debates” thread.

Blessings Keith

Lightenup
    Participant

Keith,
    I like the format that Mike and I are discussing with. Can we do the same? If so, I'll go ahead and open it with a post like I did there and I will let you start with your first question. We will do one question at a time, back and forth, and eventually we will cover your initial posts from here…over there, if you would like. I would rather not get started with your last responses but just one question from them at a time, bolded and numbered…”question #1 to Kathi.”

Is that ok? If so, I will open it up and you can take your time putting up your first question.

Thanks,
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 01 2011,11:55)
    t

Lets see how Mike answers then I will answer you.

WJ

WJ

well ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 03 2011,14:53)

Quote (terraricca @ April 30 2011,23:50)

Thats it.

WJ

WJ

Pierre

Pierre,

He already did by quoting Mike.

Mike

WJ qrote:

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 19 2011,22:38)

Found here!

WJ

Kerwin

no he did not answer that question, it is mike answer that you show ,I looking for WJ answer.

Pierre

Quote (Lightenup @ May 03 2011,14:12)
    Keith,
    I like the format that Mike and I are discussing with.  Can we do the same?  If so, I'll go ahead and open it with a post like I did there and I will let you start with your first question.  We will do one question at a time, back and forth, and eventually we will cover your initial posts from here…over there, if you would like.  I would rather not get started with your last responses but just one question from them at a time, bolded and numbered…”question #1 to Kathi.”

Is that ok?  If so, I will open it up and you can take your time putting up your first question.

Thanks,
    Kathi

Kathi

Sure! :)

WJ

Quote (terraricca @ April 30 2011,12:50)

Thats it.

WJ

WJ

Pierre

Pierre

Jesus is the “image of the invisible God” or “he is the invisible God made visible”.

So when God said “let us” make man in “our image” he is saying that the “us” is God, for it goes on to say “God made man after “his” likeness.

Since we are being made into the image of God and Jesus is that image, then Jesus is God.

WJ

princess
    Participant

Pierre

Jesus is the “image of the invisible God” or “he is the invisible God made visible”.

So when God said “let us” make man in “our image” he is saying that the “us” is God, for it goes on to say “God made man after “his” likeness.

Since we are being made into the image of God and Jesus is that image, then Jesus is God.

WJ

oh vey !!!! wj, when you going to stop, truly, is god male or female?
    Your god is male, which really cant be, due to the female species running around, you do notice them right. So when you look into your daughters/granddaughters eyes (which I do hope to find your family blessed and well.) do you not see god?

Think WJ, you never know who your audience is.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 04 2011,03:09)

Quote (terraricca @ April 30 2011,12:50)

Thats it.

WJ

WJ

Pierre

Pierre

WJ

What is the image of God?

Kerwin

Why do you ask the question again? If you know Jesus then you know that whatever Jesus is to us is what the Father is, for it is “Their Image” we are being changed into for it is their image that we share which is the “Image of God”.

WJ

Stop acting like a child and be mature enough to answer the question yourself or but out if all you are going to do is belittle.

WJ

Baker
    Participant

WJ You do know that God is a title right? Well it is. In Ancient times many were called God, so Jehovah God is above all, that includes Jesus. By Jesus own words He said”
    Jhn 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

Yes, they are one, so are we one, by Gods Holy Spirit that dwells in all of us.

1Cr 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

is Georg the head of Me, yes He wears the pants in our House. Does that mean I have to be nothing and keep my mouth shut. He loves me and out of love He lets me chose…..But when it comes down to important things He is the one who chooses….

Deu 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

1Cr 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.

Peace Irene

Irene

How many gods do you believe in?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account