The Half Truth and the Reductive Fallacy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Can you admit that 'echad' can mean unity?

Jehovah is echad.
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi,

I know that “echad” is the Hebrew word for “one”.  Show me a for instance scripture where it means “unity”.

Also, do you agree that Jehovah is the Most High God, and that Jesus is the Son OF the Most High God?  You do know what the word “OF” means, right?  ??? So even if “God” was a “unity”, then Jesus would not BE that unity, or a part of it, but the SON of it.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Here are your 'for instance' scriptures:

Genesis 2:24, “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one (echad) flesh.” Here, a man is described as leaving his father and mother, cleaving to his wife, and both of them becoming one (echad) flesh.

One other illustration where echad refers to a compound unity is in Ezekiel 37:19. It reads, “Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one (echad) stick, and they shall be one (echad) in mine hand.” Here the Lord GOD instructs Ezekiel that there will come a day when the House of Israel and the House of Judah will once again become one (echad) nation, demonstrated by the two sticks becoming one (echad) stick.

These examples show that although there are cases when echad does not refer to a oneness in unity, there are times when it does.

Btw, Jehovah is the name of the unity and also the names of each member within the unity, as I understand it.  Like, Boll is the name of your family and each member within your family.  There is one Boll family unity living in your home, yet that ONE Boll family unity has more than one member who is called 'Boll.' Similarly 'Church' is the name of the one general body of believers as well as each individual body of believers, i.e. the Church of Corinth, the Church of Ephesus, etc. yet there is only ONE church…one body.

1 Cor 10:17 Since there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi,

Neither of your examples show the word “echad” to MEAN “unity”.  The word still MEANS “the number one”, although the “one” mentioned is a unity of two.

We know God speaks of a unity of more than one in both cases, because the context tells us so.  But that doesn't make the Hebrew word “echad” MEAN (as in: HAVE THE DEFINITION OF) “unity”.

So, where is the context that makes “Jehovah your God is ONE” mean “a unity OF one”?  There must be context, right?

Also, I still await a DIRECT answer………………..

Jehovah is the Most High God. (Gen 14:22)  

Jesus is the SON OF the Most High God. (Mark 5:7)  

Do you accept both of these scriptures as truth, Kathi?  YES or NO?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account