The gospel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Are YOU justified in God's eyes?
    Acts 13:39
    And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Are you a scriptural believer?
    What of those who are not?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Do you not understand scripture? We are all “justified” by Christs sacrafice and ressurrection. We have been “conciliated” to God.
    He sees our sins no more. Do you not understand what Christ did for us?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    No the gospel of Jesus is to all-Jew and gentile in that order.
    Paul did not bring a new gospel but brought Christ crucified.
    He continued to preach repentance for the remission of sins.

Lk 24
    ” 45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. “

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Luke 24.
    Then He opens up their mind to understand the scriptures,
    46 and said to them that “Thus it is written, and thus must the Christ be suffering and rise from among the dead the third day,
    47 and there is to be heralded in His name repentance for the pardon of sins, to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
    48 Now you shall be witnesses of these things.

Here is a good explanation of what this scripture means, read it carefully.

Peter and the eleven do not seem to have left the land of Israel in the proclamation of pardon. Paul was appointed to carry it to the nations. His first commission was to the effect that the nations were “to get a pardon of sins” (Ac.26:18). After his separation (Ac.13:2) he coupled this with justification (Ac.13:38-39), and drops pardon when he no longer proclaims Christ after the flesh (2Co.5:16-21). Pardon is administered by the executive of a government, for those who are proven guilty; justification acquits those who are reckoned not guilty.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Simple reading would not agree with you.
    Do you need these additional complex doctrinal justifications?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Scripture to complex for you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Peter and the eleven do not seem to have left the land of Israel in the proclamation of pardon. Paul was appointed to carry it to the nations. His first commission was to the effect that the nations were “to get a pardon of sins” (Ac.26:18). After his separation (Ac.13:2) he coupled this with justification (Ac.13:38-39), and drops pardon when he no longer proclaims Christ after the flesh (2Co.5:16-21). Pardon is administered by the executive of a government, for those who are proven guilty; justification acquits those who are reckoned not guilty.”
    This is not scripture

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    What do you believe justification means if not that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Paul wrote about it to the saints, the believers, in Rome.

Romans 5:1
    Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Are you yet among them taken from the kingdom of darkness into the light?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2007,17:01)
    Hi CO,
    Paul wrote about it to the saints, the believers, in Rome.

Romans 5:1
    Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Are you yet among them taken from the kingdom of darkness into the light?

Nick.
    Finally, you quote scripture that contradicts your gospel.
    Reread Ro.5:1, justified by faith… This is the oposite of your “justified by repenting” (Of who knows what).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Did you not know faith is the beginning?
    Faith causes men to follow Christ.
    Death unto life.

Romans 4:16
    Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Faith leads to repentance and grace.

Romans 5:2
    By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

I thought men did not even need faith to be saved by your gospel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    One of the most popular new gospels is salvation by assent based on a misunderstanding of Rom10.
    One variation is to be saved by inviting Jesus into our heart
    Another is to accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.
    None of these are written as new gospels.
    The gospel of Jesus is eternal.

Matthew 24:14
    And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Revelation 14:6
    And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Galatians 1:9
    As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 24 2007,07:12)
    Hi kenrch.
        Much misunderstanding of scripture is that at first, Gods “chosen people” were the Jews.  The “nations” (gentiles) had no place with God.  God, through Moses, made a Covenant with the Jews, and gave them the “law”, ( Deuteronomy & Leveticus) which they had to obey to recieve the blessings promised. (Enter the “promised land”).  When the prophesied Messiah (Jesus) came, who fulfilled the law perfectly, which the Jews could not do, they murdered Him.  After Jesus' death and resurrection, they still refused to acknowledge Him as King.  Thus God has set them (Jews) aside, and turned to the Nations (Gentiles).  See book of Acts.  This was Gods way of showing us that it was impossible to “earn” our salvation by Human effort (works).  God has now given us the Covenant of “Grace”, that is telling us that our efforts (trying to obey laws) is impossible, (the flesh cannot please God), only if we worship “in spirit and Truth” can we please God.  And this is done by God alone, who will baptise us with the holy spirit as He chooses us in Him.
        So we must understand that the gospel that Jesus taught while on earth was to the Jews, while still under the “law” (Jesus said “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mat. 15:24).  The teachings of Paul, his epistles, are for the nations.  Those God chooses in this present economy, (body of Christ) are made up of believing Jew and Gentile.  Much confusion of scripture will be eliminated if we “correctly cut the word of truth.” (2Tim.2:15)  Now this is not to say that we should not read about Jesus' teachings, but we must understand to whom He was speaking.  (All scripture is for us, but not all scripture is about us).
        This is my understanding of scripture, I am human, my understanding is by no means infallible, and I appreciate your comments and differences of opinion.  After all, “all is of God, all is by Him, through Him, and for Him”. (Ro.11:36).

Blessings.

Co sorry I missed this post that's the reason for the delay.

True Jesus kept the Ten Commandments. Did He keep the commandments so we would not have too? Mat. 5:17-19

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are under grace if we should miss the mark..sin.

CO we don't keep the commandments to get saved. We keep the commandments because we ARE saved.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi kenrch.
    You say, CO we don't keep the commandments to get saved. We keep the commandments because we ARE saved. So, how did we get 'saved'?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Hearing the gospel demands a response from us for our salvation.
    Seeds planted can be taken away or not find good soil.
    We must be born again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    martian believes that God breathed Himself into Adam at his creation.
    That means God lives in everyone.
    That means no man needs to be reborn from above.
    sigh
    Yet another new gospel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Paul showed how to preach the gospel.
    He went among the idolatrous Athenians and spoke relating to their context.

Acts 17
    22Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33So Paul departed from among them.

The Word was effective.
    Our God took his little remnant harvest.
    In a city of many many thousands 4 or 5 received the Word

Acts 17
    34Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

The work and the results are of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I love this verse.
    1 Timothy 4:13
    Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching.

In a way it is what we try to do here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We should say with Paul in Romans 1
    “Romans 1:16
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
    It is the seed sown.
    Faith comes from hearing.
    It grows in good soil if allowed.
    It flourishes if nurtured and watered.

Hebrews 6:7
    For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account