The gospel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    There are not three Spirits.
    There is one Spirit of God that flows to us through Christ
    and comforts and teaches and helps us and unites us with each other, in Christ, with God.

Is 1:18
    Participant

I agree there aren't three spirits. But the rest of your assumptions aren't validated by scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    I do not expect you to be convinced by scriptural exposition as your view is from a trinity base. Besides your comment is rich from one who teaches as basic doctrine a god called trinity which is not found in the mouths of any of the glorious servants of God and thus has to be presumed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Obedient Faith in God and His Christ is essential on hearing the gospel.
    Heb 4
    2For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard.
    Romans 1:5
    through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,
    Romans 16:26
    but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Should the gospel include a trinity?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    CO seems to say the gospel is for the jews only.

Mark 16:15
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

??

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 09 2007,12:03)
    Hi,
    Should the gospel include a trinity?

Only if you believe all of the scriptures, including the ones that says that Yeshua is God, and the Holy Spirit is “Another” comforter!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So the trinity gospel is not written but drawn from scripture by adding one verse to another- a derived doctrine – so why do you preach what is not written if you fear God?

NH

I suppose you could make that claim.

Better than “inferring” that Jesus was a Son before he was born a Son, or that he was born again at the Jordan, or that he was filled with the Spirit at the Jordan, or that the Word that was God is no longer God, or that the Word had a beginning.

NH. Do you have scriptures for all of the above inferrences? Is there any scriptures for your above beliefs?

Please show them to me.

I have scriptures for my beliefs, you may not accept them or like them, but they are there.

Please break the above down for me NH, I would like to know how you arrived to your beliefs by using the scriptures.

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Thank you for that acceptance of your situation.
    You can assemble scriptures to back almost any claim you like, but listening to the Spirit in scripture is wiser.
    Staying within those teachings and not going beyond them is the way you can enjoy fellowship with the Father and the monogenes Son[2Jn]who was sent into the world[Jn3, 1Jn 4]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2007,13:12)
    Hi W,
    Thank you for that acceptance of your situation.
    You can assemble scriptures to back almost any claim you like, but listening to the Spirit in scripture is wiser.
    Staying within those teachings and not going beyond them is the way you can enjoy fellowship with the Father and the monogenes Son[2Jn]who was sent into the world[Jn3, 1Jn 4]

NH

I think you misunderstood me.

I said…

I suppose you could make that claim.

Let me clarify. If I were you I would probably make that claim about me too. Seeing there is so much scriptural evidence to put together in favour of the Trinitarian view.

Have you not read…

1 Cor 2:13
    Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but *which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual*.

I Tim 2:15
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, *rightly dividing (Handling) the word of truth*.

Our faith should be founded upon a solid foundation of the Word.

The Spirit of truth begins to “Uncover” truths found in the scriptures that we build on, Line upon Line.

Eph 1:17
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you *the spirit of wisdom and revelation* in the knowledge of him:

The greek word for “Revelation” is 'apokalupsis', which means;

1) laying bear, making naked

2) a disclosure of truth, instruction

a) concerning things before unknown

b) used of events by which things or states or persons hitherto withdrawn from view are made visible to all

3) manifestation, appearance

It comes from a root which means literally “to take the cover off”.

Revelation is progressive NH.

The Spirit of truth is ever speaking to us what the Father and the Son speaks to him, revealing to us the ever increasing knowledge of the Father and the Son which is Eternal life.

Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept, here a little, there a little, from Glory to Glory as beholding in a glass (mirror) the Glory of the Lord through his living word, hes changing his Sons and conforming them into his image.

This is better than inferrence.

NH

You didnt answer my questions.

You “inferrence” that Jesus was a Son before he was born a Son, or that he was born again at the Jordan, or that he was filled with the Spirit at the Jordan, or that the Word that was God is no longer God, or that the Word had a beginning where is this found.

NH. Do you have scriptures for all of the above inferrences? Is there any scriptures for your above beliefs?

Please show them to me.

I have scriptures for my beliefs, you may not accept them or like them, but they are there.

Please break the above down for me NH, I would like to know how you arrived to your beliefs by using the scriptures

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The gospel is Christ, the Son of God, crucified and raised by God.
    The trinity two step is a sideshow of little merit.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2007,20:07)
    Hi W,
    The gospel is Christ, the Son of God, crucified and raised by God.
    The trinity two step is a sideshow of little merit.

NH

Who is sidestepping?

You wont answer these questions?

You are an admin here. I thought you answer honest questions put to you.

You “inferrence” that Jesus was a Son before he was born a Son, or that he was born again at the Jordan, or that he was filled with the Spirit at the Jordan, or that the Word that was God is no longer God, or that the Word had a beginning where is this found.

Please show them to me.

Please break the above down for me NH, I would like to know how you arrived to your beliefs by using the scriptures?

It looks like to me you are break dancing.

You challenge me on my belief based on scriptures, yet you do not show me anything scripturally refuting what I say.

You just have these cute little statements to make to create smoke screens and avoid the answering of sincere questions put to you.

Please show them to me.

Please break the above down for me NH, I would like to know how you arrived to your beliefs by using the scriptures?

???  ???  ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    One characteristic of your argumnents is your resistence to preaching Christ as the Son of God and your far greater preference to speak of him as God. Why is this? Should you not be preaching Christ as he is the gospel?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2007,08:53)
    Hi W,
    One characteristic of your argumnents is your resistence to preaching Christ as the Son of God and your far greater preference to speak of him as God. Why is this? Should you not be preaching Christ as he is the gospel?

NH

You are avoiding the questions.

In answer, I am preaching that Jesus is God to those who do not believe that he, God has come in the flesh.

Most of them started of on the right track when they got saved as Trinitarians, but then a lieing Spirit came along and they got off the true path.

Yes I preach Jesus is the Son of God, but not the Son of God you say he is.

So could you please answer my questions?

Please show them to me.

It looks like to me you are break dancing.

You challenge me on my belief based on scriptures, yet you do not show me anything scripturally refuting what I say.

You just have these cute little statements to make to create smoke screens and avoid the answering of sincere questions put to you.

Please show them to me.

If you cant show scriptures that support your beliefs, then what right do you have to critisize those who have scriptures for their beliefs and accuse them of inferreces?

??? ??? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Where are we told to preach Jesus is God?
    Why not preach the gospel we are given to preach?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    ” I am preaching that Jesus is God to those who do not believe that he, God has come in the flesh.”

If this is your gospel why should you expect us to give you a hearing?

Gal 1
    “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.”

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2007,10:54)
    Hi W,
    You say
    ” I am preaching that Jesus is God to those who do not believe that he, God has come in the flesh.”

If this is your gospel why should you expect us to give you a hearing?

Gal 1
    “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.”

NH

Thats right I forgot, you believe the Word/God stopped being God!

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Whom you serve is surely shown by what you choose to preach.
    Get it right and do not be distracted by the musings of men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    CO seems to suggest that there is one gospel for the Jews and another for the gentiles. Surely there is one gospel for all?

Gal 1
    ' 6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

13For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, “

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account