The gospel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 05 2007,05:48)
    Hi is 1.18,
    Very clear.
    Baptism in the Spirit is clearly identified so no confusion.

I agree. How about this one:

Ephesians 4:4-6
    4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Which baptism is identified by Paul as the “one baptism”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Our search is not for the confusing but to resolve all scripture.
    The Spirit is mentioned separately so baptism means baptism.
    Just as there is one God and Father of all.
    No confusion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    You quote
    4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”

Compare 1Cor 10
    1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Symbolising
    One baptism and
    One baptism in the Spirit.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 05 2007,03:40)

Quote (music4two @ Feb. 05 2007,01:25)
    Nick,
    This thread is not that entertaining for me. Since I do not think these forums have any value outside of entertainment, when they lose that value to a person what's the point continuing.
    Therefore, I am done with this thread.

Hi m42,
    Most who come here with an open mind are interested in more than just being entertained. That is how the Athenians received the message.

ACTS 17
    ” 18Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

19And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

21(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)”

You say —
    Most who come here with an open mind are interested in more than just being entertained.
    Rsponse —
    Your logic is so wonderfull. Most people believe the trinity is correct. They must also be correct.

Your scriptures are as usuall are not germain to the subject —

Your scriptures tell of a people that were only interested in data exchange and something new to debate. Sounds very much like a forum.

You assume that something shared on a forum is helpfull teaching. Since the very best that can be accomplished on a forum is data exchange, I doubt any worthwhile teaching passes through here. In the case of many, including you, the data is even flawed.

I think you take yourself and the forum process way too seriously.

As to your theories on baptism? You are a man convinced against his will and of the same opinion still. I am not going to waste my time debating you on the subject. It serves no purpose and is not entertaining.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 05 2007,09:13)
    The Spirit is mentioned separately so baptism means baptism.

Is this the 'it's true because I say so' line of reasoning? I see no reason to think this might be a reference to water baptism. Water baptism is important and should be done, but I think it is baptism in the Spirit that is important unto salvation:

1 Corinthians 12:13
    For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Romans 8:8-9
    8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Romans 8:11
    But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

1 John 4:13
    By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

Ephesians 1:13
    In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation–having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise

Just as there is one God and Father of all.
    No confusion.

Hmmmm….

4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

One Spirit through us and IN us all…..

John 14:20
    At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Romans 8:10
    And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Galatians 4:6
    Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Ephesians 3:17
    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 3:11
    renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.

1 John 2:14
    I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the Word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

John 14:23
    23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Is there One Spirit in us NH? Whose Spirit?

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you–unless indeed you fail the test?

Or do you not recognize this about yourself NH, that Jesus Christ is in you??….

:)

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 05 2007,18:00)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    You quote
    4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”

Compare 1Cor 10
    1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Symbolising
    One baptism and
    One baptism in the Spirit.

So baptism in the Spirit is the “one baptism” Paul mentions? I agree. That makes sense.

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Feb. 05 2007,07:55)

Hi is 1.18,
    Very clear.

Hi Isaiah 1:18:

“And there are three that bear witness on earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: AND THESE THREE AGREE IN ONE”. (1 John 5:8)

They agree in one baptism perhaps. What do you think?

God Bless

Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 05 2007,22:18)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Feb. 05 2007,07:55)

Hi is 1.18,
    Very clear.

Hi Isaiah 1:18:

“And there are three that bear witness on earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: AND THESE THREE AGREE IN ONE”.  (1 John 5:8)

They agree in one baptism perhaps.  What do you think?

God Bless

To be honest I'm not sure which is the correct rendering of that verse. I have read compelling arguments from both sides. Interesting concept though, a tri-unity of baptism. You might be right.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Silly question.
    Christ lives in me as Spirit.
    But how can you know if your God is so confusing?
    Is the trinity in you?

1 Corinthians 12:13
    For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free,
    AND
    we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

So scripture does not repeat itself unnecessarily as it is pure.
    So without additional contextual information to the contrary baptism just means baptism.

Participant

So do TWO Spirits, that of both the Father and Son, indwell you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    You forget my own spirit.
    The Spirit of God through the Son of God indwells the sons of God.
    No trinity indwells the sons of God.
    God is one.

Participant

The Spirit of God through the Son of God indwells the sons of God.

Where is this explained to us in the Bible?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Jn 3
    5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Gal 4
    4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    John 1:12
    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Galatians 4:6
    And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:14
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Participant

The verses you posted speak of the Spirit of Jesus, Spirit of God, they don't, in any sense, explain this statement:

“The Spirit of God through the Son of God indwells the sons of God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    The sons of God are reborn into the Son of God.
    The Spirit of God indwells the Son of God.
    The spirit of God indwells the sons of God in Christ.

All grace given to us is through the ministry of the Son to us.
    No one can come to the Father except through the Son.

The Spirit of God empowers and enlivens the vine, and empowers and enlivens the branches.
    1Cor 15
    ” 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all…..

57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Participant

Yes I know what your theory is, but the verses you gave don't support it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    No theory.
    It is the plan of God to work through the Son.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    John 20:31
    But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

and that work continues through Jesus.

Acts 3:16
    And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Acts 10:43
    To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 13:38
    Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

In fact we can do nothing without him.

Acts 15:11
    But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
    Romans 1:8
    First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
    Romans 3:24
    Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    Romans 5:1
    Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
    Romans 5:9
    Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him
    Romans 5:11
    And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
    Romans 5:21
    That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord
    Romans 6:11
    Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 8:37
    Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
    1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

All things for us from God are through the Son.

Participant

Yes it is a theory.

Where is this part (in bold) expounded in scripture? –

“The Spirit of God through the Son of God indwells the sons of God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    The Son of God was filled with the Spirit.

Luke 4
    1And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

That Spirit was poured out into his body on earth, the church, after his death and resurrection unto glory.

37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

God did not pour afresh of His Spirit into Christ's body but shared the Spirit given Christ, the Spirit of Christ with them, making them one with Christ and himself.

Jesus is the one who baptises in the Spirit.

Jn 1
    32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

That Spirit is the Spirit of Christ enlivening his body on earth.
    The Spirit of God comes through Christ into the body of Christ.

Participant

Okay, thanks for trying to explain it to me. I still don't see how scripture aligns with your theory though. Nothing you quoted bears out what you stated.

Whose spirit is the comforter?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account