The gospel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2 Peter 1.12f
    ” Therefore I will always be ready to remind you of these things,
    even though you already know them,
    and have been established in the truth which is present with you.
    I consider it right as long as I am in this earthly dwelling,
    to stir you up by way of reminder,
    knowing that the laying aside of my earthly dwelling is imminent,
    as also our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.

And I will be diligent that at any time after my departure you will be able to call these things to mind.

For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, for we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For when he received honor and glory Form God the Father, as such an utterance as this was made By the Majestic Glory

'This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased'”

Peter knew his listeners knew Jesus as he did still by the Spirit. He knew by that Spirit he was going to die soon and leave his earthly dwelling, his body. He still wanted, as a good spiritual father should, to stir up the memories of the listeners now by his teaching, and forever by his writings.

He reinds them of the anointing shown by Jesus and of his coming from heaven. He also reminds them that he saw the Son of God in glory on the mountain and reinforces that this was a legal fact as it was seen by two other witnesses. He especially reminds them that God declared that Jesus was His son.

Men still argue with God about this matter despite Peter's best efforts.

NickHassan
    Participant

p.s. Those who had walked and talked with the Lord Jesus must have been thrilled to know his presence and hear his voice again by the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Nowhere in the gospel did Jesus or any of the apostles teach about any triune God. Why should we?

david
    Participant

Trinitarian:
    Because even though they apparently knew all about it, they only hinted at it.

Someone else:
    So maybe we should only hint at it and never ever speak of it directly–like they apparently did.

Trinitarian:
    No, the trinity is very important. It is who God is. And everyone should know.

Someone confused:
    So why wouldn't God make it more clear, or clear at all? Why would it take hundreds of years to figure out and formulate?

Trinitarian:
    Listen, they knew about it. They just didn't know that they knew. Or they just didn't want to tell others, or at least, not in a very direct way. It's like a puzzle. It's puzzling. God is a mystery. Don't try to make human sense of it.

Someone else:
    Ya, I'm going to go now. Bye.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved”
    Belief in the one sent by God is the doorway to salvation.
    But can one believe in the Lord Jesus and not obey him?
    He questioned why men call him Lord and do not obey him.
    Surely Lord means greater one or master?
    Can you believe in Jesus and not listen to his teachings?
    Can you call him Lord and not obey those teachings?
    Can you call him Lord and not abide in those teachings?
    Can you call him Lord and not feed on his written words?

He said you must be born again of water and the Spirit.

After the words above were spoken to the jailor he was taught the Word and then baptised in water.

Therein lies the receiving of the promise. It comes through repentance and acceptance of the knowledge of the way of salvation in Christ and in obedience to the command of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Adam Pastor,
    Does not the kingdom begin for each individual when the King takes up residence in our inner temple?
    Is that not why Paul preached Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2Cor 4
    Here is the humble servant Paul speaking about his role in Christ.

“1Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.”

An earthen vessel who did not preach himself. He was strong because he knew he was weak and a servant to God and to man. Such we should imitate.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We preach Christ crucified
    not God crucified.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    JW's travel over land and sea to make proselytes. But do they preach the true gospel?
    No.
    So what of their efforts?

Matthew 23:15
    Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.”

Gal 1
    ” 6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. “

2Cor 11
    ” 1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.”

TJStarfire
    Participant

Does anyone know what the gospels are?
    The gospels at the time of Christ did not include any writings of the disciples did they?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (berean2005 @ June 15 2005,19:53)
    Hi Nick,

True 'death' is death you never come back from — death you are never resurrected from.

The death at the Judgment will destroy the very 'life' of a man forever. Jesus saves us from the Second Death — those who believe in Him.

Jesus died, so we may live.

The first death would be 'death' if there were no resurrection. But there is a resurrection for both the righteous and the wicked. Thus, the first death is desribed as a 'sleep'.

The punishment for sin is death — the end of life.

The 'true' punishment for sin is not you die and then come back again. The true punishment for sin is you DIE and you STAY DEAD — your name being blotted out forever and ever.

The Second Death is permanent. The second death is eternal. There is no resurrection from the Second Death.

The Gospel is all about the punishment for sin.

Think of the animal sacrifices of the Jews — the very sacrifices that demonstrated the sacrifice of the Messiah. The pure animal without blemish was 'killed' to take the penalty of the guilty sinner. The animal was killed — it was killed dead — the innocent animal's life ended — the innocent life in exchange for the guilty. Jesus Christ died on the cross — His life was ended, just as the animals lives were ended. The wages of sin is death. Christ paid the wages for us, and now we need not die, but may live — the death penalty that hung over us has now been abolished by Christ — Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the Gospel.

Christ died to offer eternal life as a 'gift' to all those who would repent and believe.

Life and immortality is a gift — and none can posses it without Jesus Christ.

This is foolishness to the world, because the majority of the world already believes they posses immortality — just as the Greeks.

What was the Devil's first lie?

“You won't surely die.”

This first lie of Satan is being believed by the whole world.

Satan contradicted God's punishment for sin. God said the punishment was death — Satan lied and said it was not true. Today, the whole world is believing there is no such thing as death — the whole world is believing they “won't surely die”. In fact, it was in believing this very lie of Satan, “You shall not surely die”, that brought death into the world. As the Apostle Paul tells us in Romans 5:12:
    “Therefore, as sin entered into the world through one man, and death through sin; and so death passed to all men, because all sinned.”

The Egyptians — the Greeks — oriental religions — American Indians — Muslims — practically all of the pagan world religions believe that they are immortal and there is no such thing as death, making the cross of Christ to be 'foolishness'.

The Gospel is so simple — so pure. But it has been corrupted by Pope's and councils and protestant theologians who still clung to Romish error.

We are all STARVING and THIRSTING to death. If we do not get FOOD and DRINK in our selves we will surely die.

JOHN CHAPTER 6:

“47Most assuredly, I tell you, he who believes in me has eternal life. 48I am the bread of life. 49Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50This is the bread that comes down out of heaven, that a man may eat of it, and not die. 51I am the living bread which came down out of heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. Yes, the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.”

Take and eat the flesh of the Son of God.

Take and drink the blood of the Son of God.

Then, you will have life in yourself, and you will not perish — you shall live.

Immortality is a precious gift given to those who accept the Lord Jesus Christ. Apart from the Lord Jesus Christ, there is no life or immortality.

As Paul proclaimed:

“Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. For this, I was appointed as a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.”

In Jesus,

Berean2005

Amen :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Christ is the gospel.

Adam Pastor
    Participant

NO He isn't!
    He is the preacher of the Gospel
    [Mt 4.23, 9.35, Mark 1.14-15, Lk 4.18, 20.1]

david
    Participant

I think you might both be right. The Bible speaks of the “good news [gospel] about Jesus Christ.” (Mark 1:1)
    And of course, the good news is often referred to as the good news of the kingdom, of which Christ is king, so the good news wraps around him, as the seed and promised one, and king of that kingdom.

But when he came, he definitely proclaimed that good news.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Adam,
    Lets look at what was preached.
    Acts 8:4
    Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.
    Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women
    Acts 8:25
    When they had testified and proclaimed the word of the Lord, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many Samaritan villages.
    Acts 9:20
    Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God.
    Acts 18:5
    When Silas and Timothy came from Macedonia, Paul devoted himself exclusively to preaching, testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ.
    1 Corinthians 1:23
    but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
    1 Corinthians 15:12
    But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
    2 Corinthians 1:19
    For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by me and Silas and Timothy, was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.”
    2 Corinthians 4:5
    For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
    2 Corinthians 11:4
    For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.
    2 Corinthians 11:7
    Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?
    Galatians 1:16
    to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man,
    Galatians 1:23
    They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”
    Ephesians 2:17
    He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.
    Ephesians 3:8
    Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
    Philippians 1:15
    It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.
    Philippians 1:17
    The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.
    Philippians 1:18
    But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.
    1 Timothy 3:16
    Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory

So quite afew of these verses tell us it is Christ who is preached. There is salvation in no other name and in him are all of the riches of God. Outside of him there is only the specified mercy of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Paul preached but had little success. He did not win many followers to Christ and did not win all arguments.

Acts 28
    ” 23And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

24And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

25And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

26Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

27For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

28Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

29And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.”
    It was just as important to God to let men define their status towards Him by their reaction to the gospel. The antichrist spirit declares itself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    One of the new gospels is that Jesus is God Himself in flesh.
    This is not the Jesus revealed by the bible who is the Son of God.
    They preach another Jesus.

2Cor 11

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    What gospel do you preach and to whom?

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 03 2007,21:13)
    Hi m42,
    What gospel do you preach and to whom?

Nick,

The gospel is simple in the process. A person must believe that Jesus was physically raised from the dead. This is not a mental ascension belief, but rather a belief in the heart which results in being regenerated from above. God judges by the heart. A process we cannot duplicate. God does not judge by doctrine or head knowledge. In my experiance, I have seen many who adamantly believe in wrong doctrines in their head, but in their heart act differently then their doctrine teaches.

Insofar as your post on the Trinity thread, no it is not enough to just say “I believe”. However, since God judgs by the heart, and we cannot, it is impossible for us to judge what is in a person’s heart toward God. To say we can judge whether a person believes or not is to assume and usurp the position of God.

There are those that will throw out judging them by their fruits. This is a good process, but is also a long term process. If we deny salvation to every one who produces bad fruit on occasion, there will be no one in heaven but Christ.

There are those that will claim a leading of the Spirit to judge a person’s salvation. This is a very dangerous position, because they are taking the position of judge based on their personal perception of what the Spirit is telling them.

There are those that say others must line up with the scripture. The problem here is that without a mutual agreement on how scripture should be interpreted it becomes a matter of one opinion against another. With that, both will demand that the other line up with their personal interpretation of scripture in order to be saved.

In conclussion, it seems that judging another’s salvation is best left to God and not man.

As to your question of the gospel I preach. I do not look for people to preach to.
    Spreading the gospel is very simple. Walk with God! That’s it!
    As I walk with God and work with my saviour to overcome the weakness in my own character and be changed from glory to glory, I take on the character of God, exhibited by my example, Christ. That change of character must be in conjunction with learning wisdom as Christ did from our mutual father. These two things will naturally flow out of my being in everything I say and do. By this process do I become that which God created me to be. As God sees these changes in me and finds me more trustworthy to show forth His wisdom and character, He will open doors to share the truth of God.
    Unfortunately, far too many have idolatry toward the ministry. Because of this idolatry, many think they must pursue the “full time ministry” to really be considered spiritual. The ministry is only a job. It is what you do for God. It has nothing to do with who you are in God. Like the woman that feels guilty because she cannot go to four prayer meetings a week because she must do the “less spiritual” thing and raise the children. Balogna!!!!
    How about the man who is called and anointed to make money to support the work of God. Is he less spiritual then the one who leads a prayer meeting or teaches bible class? Absolately not! Being what God created us to be is the highest calling we can achieve. To do that we must be made whole in our hearts that God may reveal that which He designed in us.

Jesus led by example. He showed forth the character of His Father and taught His father's wisdom. We should do the same.

charity
    Participant

HI music4two

May God bless you

charity

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account