The Door

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Good question.
    I am sure God can help anyone discover for themselves.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Nov. 17 2008,07:45)
    Nick.
        Repent of what?

Hi Co:

When the gospel is preached to us, God is calling us into a relationship with Him. It does not matter how good or how bad you have been, but that when you hear the testimony regarding His giving His only Begotten Son as the propitation for your sins that you believe His testimony with a sincere heart. And so, you ask, repent of what.

Repent of unbelief and repent of sins that you have committed.

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
    Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Oh, I know, you are going to say this was only preached to the Jews, and so,

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Act 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
    Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and [then] to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance

God Bless

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    So what did Jesus die for? He paid a very heavy price, much pain and suffering for our sins. Yet you suggest that we ignore this very important event, and keep trying to justify ourselves by repenting? I ask again, why did Jesus die?

Read 2Cor.5:18-21, and tell me what this means to you.
    18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.
    20 For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through us. We are beseeching for Christ's sake, “Be conciliated to God!”
    21 For the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him.

Blessings.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Nov. 17 2008,08:45)
    Hi 942767.
        So what did Jesus die for?  He paid a very heavy price, much pain and suffering for our sins.  Yet you suggest that we ignore this very important event, and keep trying to justify ourselves by repenting?  I ask again, why did Jesus die?

Read 2Cor.5:18-21, and tell me what this means to you.
      18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.
    20 For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through us. We are beseeching for Christ's sake, “Be conciliated to God!”
    21 For the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him.

Blessings.

Hi CO:

When you break the law of society, and you are caught by the police there is a penalty to be paid for breaking the law. The penalty that is given is according to the crime committed.

Jesus paid the penalty that was against all of humanity because all had broken God's eternal law which is the “ten commandments”. Although the gentile nations were not under the law, sin is the transgression of the law whether one is under the law or not. And so, Jesus died to pay the penalty that was against us all.

When we come to God through him, we are saved because we believe what God has done for us. It does not matter how good or how bad we have been up to that point. We are saved by “faith”. However, did Jesus save you and I so that we could continue in sin?

The Apostle Paul states:

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
    Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
    Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
    Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.
    Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

God Bless

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    I agree with the scripture you quoted, but no where does it say we are to repent. We are now “justified”, God sees our sin no more, as the scripture says in 1Cor.5:19, God not reckoning our offences to us. We are forgiven our sins of the past, present and future.
    And yes, we will sin again, we're human, of the flesh, and yes, we are not to sin willingly, but we will. Thanks be to God for the sacifice of His Son, “He sees our sins no more”.

God Bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Magic CO?
    Done and dusted and you just discovered one day you had been saved?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Jesus had a bit to say in Jn 10 about those who do not go through the door.

Participant

Hi CO:

I asked: However, did Jesus save you and I so that we could continue in sin?

What is your answer? What does repentance mean?

God Bless

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 17 2008,11:13)
    Magic CO?
    Done and dusted and you just discovered one day you had been saved?

Unbelieving Nick.
    “All is of God…” (2Cor.5:18-19) look up the rest of this scripture. Let me know what you think it means.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 17 2008,11:26)
    CO,
    Jesus had a bit to say in Jn 10 about those who do not go through the door.

Nick.
    See what Jesus said in Matt.15:24 about Jn.10.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 17 2008,12:10)
    Hi CO:

What is your answer?   What does repentance mean?

God Bless

Hi 942767.
    Answer to 1st question: No, to justify us.

2nd question: Care, regret, depending to what you are repenting of.

Blessings.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Nov. 17 2008,15:59)

Hi CO:

God Bless

Hi 942767.
        Answer to 1st question:  No, to justify us.

2nd question:   Care, regret, depending to what you are repenting of.

Blessings.

Hi CO:

Somewhere in some of our discussion, you have already acknowledged that we do have to repent.

Everyone who is saved both jew and gentile is saved by “faith” so that it might be by grace, but the Apostle Paul states:

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The definition of repentance according to the greek is “a change of mind”, but that is not just a mental assent, but it means to put God's Word into practice in your life. It does mean regret and being sorry for your sins.

In the Lord's prayer Jesus says that we should pray to God saying, “Father forgive us for our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us”. If I ask Him to forgive me, am I just asking for Him to forgive me and to let me continue in those sins? No, we must learn from our mistakes, and when we are corrected by the Word of God put it into practice in our life.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1Jo 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Nov. 17 2008,15:59)

Hi CO:

God Bless

Hi 942767.
        Answer to 1st question:  No, to justify us.

2nd question:   Care, regret, depending to what you are repenting of.

Blessings.

CO,
    We do not apply to ourselves this forgiveness, this justification, by remote control.

We need to come to the door of Jesus Christ and be joined with him. We need to clothed in Christ[gal]

Forgiveness, the inner washing by the blood of the lamb, is given by the Father.

It is in response to our repentant plea for forgiveness in baptism[1Peter3'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is the door to the kingdom.

Jn10
    7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

We must enter through the door.

Jn10
    1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

The philosophy that all are saved without entering that door is worse than folly

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    In that era, we gentiles were without God.

Eph.2:11-12 …11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world.

Not much point in useing Jesus teaching to Israel, for scripture you should follow. No wonder you're so confused! Read Pauls epistles, you'll learn something.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Is it Paul we should follow?
    1Cor3
    4For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

He does not think so.
    He is neither the door nor the foundation stone

1Cor3
    10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20
    And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

1 Peter 2:6
    Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……the corner Stone is not the only stone in a building, there are many stone, a corner stone mark the line the building takes, but all the stones in a building compose the building not just the corner stone and remember it was GOD the laid it NOT Jesus. It also was GOD that was working in Paul, “for i labored more then the rest, yet not I but the GRACE OF GOD LABORED. The same GOD who laid the corner stone also laid All the Stones , “for we are a building of GOD”.

peace and love………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    If you have the cornerstone laid.

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    You said, “is it Paul we should follow?” The answer is, no, it is his epistles, inspired of God, that we learn from.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    He follows Jesus.
    You should too.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account