The Door

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn10
    1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

So Jesus is the door and the Shepherd.

Those who would say no door to salvation in the Kingdom is necessary would seem to be aptly described here.

We should not be found among the strangers or the thieves and robbers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Matt7
    13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

If few find the gate how can all be saved?

God is merciful to others but His mercy is constrained to the merciful.

Mt5
    7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Other sheep belong to the flock as Jn 10 says ,and they are saved at the Judgement.

Mt 25
    33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some think that all will be saved and the door of Christ is unnecessary.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……where does it say this is the (ONLY) Day of salvation? What about all the people of the Old testament like Moses King David and so many other Faithful people of God, who never Hear the man of Jesus Christ every and all the people around the world who never hear Jesus' name, Is God going to throw the into the lake of Fire with out them ever being given a chance? What about where it say “whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord (Shall be SAVED)”. The term I am the door, must be taken from a stand point as the Way< Jesus is showing that he is the way we must be saved and that the way He was save, it all the same way. IMO

peace ………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God does give mercy to the merciful.
    He has written many exceptions for those who are ignorant.
    It would be unwise though to just hope for mercy when the door to the kingdom is open.

The Mercy of God is expressed to those found to be sheep in the second resurrection at the end of the millenial kingdom. Better to be blessed and to share in that time as a son of God and a son of the first resurrection.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..i agree with it is better to be found worthy to be in the first resurrection, But to those who are blinded i believe God will ultimately say at least i hope so. I know He is able to correct our thinking by His Spirit and He has had great mercy on me in my life. I pray he will be merciful to ALL. Because we all fall short at times i know i do. Paul said the good that he would do he did not do , but the evil he wouldn't do that he did do, even calling himself a wretched man. I feel like that at times myself. Please understand i am not justifying evil because i believe we should all try to obey our Heavenly Father in our hearts and minds.

I was ask once by a minister when i was a younger man and had children at home if an angel came and said lets go, it time to leave for the kingdom and informed me i would have to leave my children and wife behind, would i do it, I told him i would stay and die with my family I would not leave them behind even if it meant my death. I would rather have faced death then abandoned them to that fate without me being there for them. To me there are things worse the death and i know i fail in many way, but i do love God the Father and Jesus Christ with all my heart and never stop praying no matter how much error is found in me.

If we take away Hope from the hearts of people we leave them with nothing else. Better to give hope then to take it away. And be the ministers of Hope our Heavenly Father and Brother Jesus wants us to be.

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

Tiffany
    Participant

I do agree that Jesus is the door to go to our Heavenly Father to ask for the forgiveness of our Sins. That is why Jesus came to this earth to save us from total destruction and death. Death where is your sting; no more to be found. Jesus is our perfect Sacrifice.
    We are so fortunate to be called. I have answered that call and follow Jesus my heavenly Brother. Through Baptism I have received God's Holy Spirit and understand things of God. That is the only way to understand. God is Love and He has given us so much. Hope, Faith, but the greatest is Love. God send His Son into the world to save the world, that through Him all might be saveth. God wants no one to perish. I believe that God will give everybody a chance to salvation. When the door will close???????
    So Brothers and Sister in Christ repent of your Sin. Do it daily. I feel that as Humans we do sin daily. John tells us if we belief that we are not sinners the truth is not in us.
    Of course Sin is not imputed to us, but I still belief that we should go to our Heavenly Father to confess those sins. Do you believe that too?
    One thing that I do experience when I go to our Father is the wonderful Love and Peace, if only for that I will be there daily. Come and Join me, Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 11 2008,17:14)
    Nick……..i agree with it is better to be found worthy to be in the first resurrection,  But to those who are blinded i believe God will ultimately say at least i hope so. I know He is able to correct our thinking by His Spirit and He has had great mercy on me in my life. I pray he will be merciful to ALL. Because we all fall short at times i know i do. Paul said the good that he would do he did not do , but the evil he wouldn't do that he did do, even calling himself a wretched man. I feel like that at times myself.  Please understand i am not justifying evil because i believe we should all try to obey our Heavenly Father in our hearts and minds.

I was ask once by a minister when i was a younger man and had children at home if an angel came and said lets go, it time to leave for the kingdom and informed me i would have to leave my children and wife behind, would i do it, I told him i would stay and die with my family I would not leave them behind even if it meant my death. I would rather have faced death then abandoned them to that fate without me being there for them. To me there are things worse the death and i know i fail in many way, but i do love God the Father and Jesus Christ with all my heart and never stop praying no matter how much error is found in me.

If we take away Hope from the hearts of people we leave them with nothing else. Better to give hope then to take it away. And be the ministers of Hope our Heavenly Father and Brother Jesus wants us to be.

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

GB,
    Hope is not hope if it is crafted by men.
    Truth does not need to be garnished to make it palatable.
    Speak the truth only and leave the results of the sowing in the hands of the Gardener.

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2008,14:37)
    Hi,
    Jn10
    1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

So Jesus is the door and the Shepherd.

Those who would say no door to salvation in the Kingdom is necessary would seem to be aptly described here.

We should not be found among the strangers or the thieves and robbers.

why do you always have to offer your uninspired commentary with the Scripture N? I thought that all we needed was the Scripture, and not “man's tradition” or “man's interpretation”?

blessings,
    Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    Folk trample on the inspired words of Jesus and elevate the thoughts of men over his teachings.
    An appeal for a simple and more orderly and respectful approach is offered.

chosenone
    Participant

Who was Jesus speaking to? The answer is in Matt.15:24 and Ro.15.8. Believe scripture to “correctly cut the word of truth”.

God Bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You are right.
    Jesus did speak to the Jewish people.
    But his eternal words offering salvation are a gift to all humanity.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    His (Jesus) words were for the Jews only. His sacrifice is what justified all mankind, He (God), “sees our sin no more”.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Nov. 12 2008,09:36)
    Nick.
        His (Jesus) words were for the Jews only.  His sacrifice is what justified all mankind,   He (God), “sees our sin no more”.

So what are you saying that we do not sin? John will disagree with you, He says that if you believe that you are not a sinner the truth is not in you. It is the sacrifice that was taken out of the way. Sin is not imputed to us. Jesus makes it possible now, He is the perfect sacrifice. We can go directly to the throne of God and ask for mercy of our sins. We still have to that. IMO It is not on automatic.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Where did Jesus say his words were for the Jews only?
    Or did you make this up?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 12 2008,07:12)
    Hi E,
    Folk trample on the inspired words of Jesus and elevate the thoughts of men over his teachings.
    An appeal for a simple and more orderly and respectful approach is offered.

Some folks think that you are the one of those “folk” that are trampling on the Scriptures, that your beliefs are convulsed, that you do not let the Scriptures speak for themselves, etc etc etc.

But that's not the point. The point is this: You complain about the beliefs others have as not being “scriptural”, then you proceed to offer your commentary … and here is the real important thing N, in case you miss it…. your explanation of a particular passage…. IS NOT THE SCRIPTURE ITSELF….. and many times you post without quoting a single verse at all, you just ask questions that you really do not want an answer to…. so am I to suppose that each and every time you communicate without specifically listing a verse in the bible, a passage in the bible, that you use your own words to convey your beliefs, that you are therefore being unscriptural? You would have to say yes, because that is the very thing you do constantly to others. If someone explains theuir beliefs, you say you want scripture to prove it… they list the scriptures to support their beliefs, you say those scriptures do not support those beliefs, an explanation is offered as to why in fact those scriptures DO support their belief, and then you complain that no scriptures were used to support their beliefs, and round and round we go… meanwhile, you hold yourself to an entirely different standard…. you think you can explain your beliefs without listing one single verse… you can tell others they are wrong without listing one single verse proving why this is the case…. you can post your sometimes rather inane posts that have nothing but questions in them, and there is not one single verse…. yet for some reason this is perfectly fine for you to do… why is that N? Why do you criticize others for doing exactly what you do? In this very post is yet another example of your habit. You complain that others do not use Scripture to support their beliefs…. so where is all the Scriptural support for your beliefs in THIS post N? According to your reasoning, then, I can dismiss anything you say that is not a direct reference or quotation of the Scriptures. In this post I can say “N, you did not provide one single scriptural reference to support your claims, therefore this post is nonsense, unbiblical hogwash that is merely “man's opinion” based on “man's traditions”, that this is an example your elevating your own words over that of the inspired words of Christ, and, in fact, this means you are being disrespectful to God.” Pretty happy with that conclusion? I didn't think so. But no doubt you will go right on being a hypocrite, demanding from others what you are not willing to do yourself.

blessings,
    Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    WE do not seek scriptural support for our doctrines.
    Scripture is our doctrine.
    Listen to it.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 12 2008,11:30)
    Hi CO,
    Where did Jesus say his words were for the Jews only?
    Or did you make this up?

Nick.
    I have given you scripture many times, please look at past postings, I'm tired of repeating it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You have shown us Jesus was sent to the Jews.
    We know that.

But his words are eternal and still relevant to all who read them and hear them.
    There is one gospel and one kingdom of God.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Jesus was teaching while under the “Law”. He “fulfilled the “Law”, teaching the true meaning of the law, not just the 'word' of the law, as the Pharisees did. He kept ALL the laws, the festivals, the 'day of atonement', all monetary and food laws. If you believe as you do, that there is some unbiblical “eternal gospel for all”, then surely you must keep this 'law' as Jesus did. Nowhere in scripture says that we still must believe His teachings that were to the Jews. We are now under “Grace”, preaching Christ crucified, that He justified us all through His death and resurrection.
    There is no scripture that says “one eternal gospel for all”, you are a 'false teacher'.

Blessings.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account