The devil/ satan- a liar?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dirtyknections
    Participant

(This thread is obviously for those who believe in the traditional view of the devil/satan/serpent)

We are taught that the Devil lied to Eve in Eden. Eve said the serpent “decieved” her. Jesus said that he was, “the father of the lie”.

I say show me one place that he actually lied in the Bible.

Wispring
    Participant

Hi dirtyknections,
    You are just trying to “stir the pot”, right? If I accept that the serpent is devil/satan then.

Genesis 3:4 (King James Version)

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Eve died.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

dirtyknections
    Participant

Good. Now when did Eve die?

seekingtruth
    Participant

dirtyknections,
    I posted this a couple of months ago, I believe it shows how satan can uses partial truths out of context in such a way that every word may be true but in the end it's all a lie, he is the father of lies.

Down on my Luck: 100% true

We have fallen on hard times since my business was taken away 3 years ago but last month found me and my family sleeping in our car, with temperatures down in the 20's. In our daily search for food a kindly lady gave us a loaf of bread and we ate off of it for days. We then found ourselves going through the trash to meet some basic needs. Then I came down with food poisoning and the only bathroom nearby was locked, I was miserable.

Privileged: 100% true

Last month we returned to a Walt Disney World resort for the second time in as many months. We attended dinner shows, ate international cuisine, and enjoyed special privileges including; front row seats at an orchestra, spending some time with well known actors and actresses from Hollywood and riding in a stretch limo to a concert.  We even got special passes from Disney that allowed us to go to the front of the line on any ride in the park. We had a great time.

Both of these statements are 100% true yet they describe the same event.

The Whole Truth:

Yes we went to Florida twice, once to help my mom fix up her house to sell and a second time to move her to North Carolina. She lived near Disney so we spent a few days there since we were already in the area. It was our 36th anniversary while we were there so we did go to a dinner show the “Hoop-de-doo” but we bought the cheapest seats they had. As to the international cuisine, 4 of us split a single meal from a Moroccan self serve restaurant in Epcot. The time with actor/actresses was sitting in the audience at a concert that they had given us passes to after I got food poisoning at one of their restaurants. The stretch limo, It's a ride in the park (rockin roller coaster), and the special passes for the rides, they give those to every person that gets stuck on one of their rides, but they were only good for one use.  

As to the “down on my luck” version, yes we have gone through some hard times, but unless you count the camping we did at Disney World we have always had a roof over our head and it may have been Mac & Cheese or hot dogs, but we haven't gone hungry. We slept in our car because it's too hard for me and my wife to get off the ground, and it was a van with air mattress. The bread was given to us from neighboring  campers when they were packing up to go home, and as far as going through the trash, was when we were throwing away our trash, we retrieved a discarded piece of indoor/outdoor carpet we found to keep us from tracking sand into the tent. It did get into the 20's, 29 to be exact (so we just turned the electric heaters up). As to the locked bathroom, I just put my resort ID in to gain access, and yes I was miserable, but it passed in a few hours.

I took a number of facts from the same event, just as people will take a number of verses from scripture, to arrive at a distorted view. Once the whole story is taken into account, then the truth comes out. Yes I believe the scriptures as given reveals truth, but only if we consider all of them, verifying interpretations, until we find harmony with all scriptures,

My opinion – Wm

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good post, Wm! Very entertanining. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (dirtyknections @ Mar. 22 2011,18:30)

In the very day she ate of the fruit. Remember that a day for God is like 1000 years for us. And no one was ever recorded as living over 1000 years in scripture – or anywhere else for that matter. (970 years is the most recorded in scripture, if memory serves.)

mike

Wispring
    Participant

Adam ate from the same fruit exersizing common sense the same fate that awaited her awaited him.

5And all the days of Adam which he lived are nine hundred and thirty years, and he dieth.

This was a patriarchally structured society. Recording womens deaths was not as important to them.
    With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 23 2011,12:54)

In the very day she ate of the fruit.  Remember that a day for God is like 1000 years for us.  And no one was ever recorded as living over 1000 years in scripture – or anywhere else for that matter.  (970 years is the most recorded in scripture, if memory serves.)

mike

Nice one Mike this argument smashes the “Eve didn't die immediately because God meant just spiritual death” argument.

The scripture your referring to is 2 Peter 3:8 right?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Eve eventually did die, and was able to die. The same way Abel died in the hands of cain. So death was upon her.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ April 10 2011,21:15)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 23 2011,12:54)

In the very day she ate of the fruit.  Remember that a day for God is like 1000 years for us.  And no one was ever recorded as living over 1000 years in scripture – or anywhere else for that matter.  (970 years is the most recorded in scripture, if memory serves.)

mike

Nice one Mike this argument smashes the “Eve didn't die immediately because God meant just spiritual death” argument.

The scripture your referring to is 2 Peter 3:8 right?

That scripture, in conjunction with Genesis 5:27. :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account