The Comfort Zone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

You may feel the need to judge us for exposing what is false and defending the truth of God.

But is it wise?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I am making a vaild point.

You judge Ray Comfort as not having eternal life because he holds to the Trinity, whereas I do not see anywhere that people are damned if they have accepted false teaching and even if they preach it. What I see is that they are judged more harshly.

On the other-hand what I do read in scripture is that love is paramount. Without it, everything you do is meaningless. God is love, thus all that is not done in love is not of God. Further we know those who are of God because of their love.

1 John 4:7-9
    Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.…

So my point is not to say that you are without love, but that what if you judge Ray Comfort as not having salvation because he believes and speaks of the Trinity, and you find out later on that he is saved because of his love even though he is imperfect, and you find you have no salvation because you loved not.

I say this not to condemn but as wise words that we should all heed. It is easy to judge others as not worthy of salvation, all the while in pride think that we of all people are saved, yet have no love.

Love shows itself in many ways. One way is it cares for the lost and reaches out a loving hand to them to snatch them into the Kingdom. Personally I cannot see the love in attacking the servants of God who reach out to the lost. Perhaps by God’s grace we are still here because he wants to perfect us in his love. That is my opinion on the matter. Take of it as you wish. And I give this message to all including myself.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Those who teach that Jesus is God deny that Christ came in the flesh.

I agree that it is a subtle denial.

However, many who believe in the Trinity also believe that Jesus came in the flesh and is the son of the living God and the messiah. Such people can even have a deep relationship with God. What does this prove. It proves that even the best of us can have contradictions in our doctrine. It shows that no one is prefect and without blemish.

But Jesus will come back for a Church without spot and blemish and he hasn’t come back yet, perhaps because the Church is not ready. We need to help make her ready by first being ready ourselves and then helping others too. The time we have now is grace from God. Rather than condemn and judge harshly, we should be shining the true light and always do so in the love of God. Love transforms, while legalism binds.

If we know the truth about a matter even a serious one, then we should help others know this truth in love, otherwise we become a clanging gong. If we become a law and judge unto ourselves, we will never bring people to know the true God, rather all we will be doing is trying to gain followers of ourselves because God is love and no love means no God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Where have we said anything about the salvation of Ray Comfort?

We have found his teachings false.

The rest is God’s.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

So we should not listen to every man who promotes himself as a spiritual teacher?

Test all things and hold fast to what is good.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

You judge Ray Comfort as not having eternal life because he holds to the Trinity, whereas I do not see anywhere that people are damned if they have accepted false teaching and even if they preach it. What I see is that they are judged more harshly.

According the Scripture one of the works of the flesh is heresy and those that live according to the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Those words were written to those with the Spirit so they do not apply to those that do not have the Spirit. Such individuals are judged according to what they have heard.

As Nick states, God determines who has eternal life and it is our job to trust him to be both just and merciful.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

The words of John in his letters and all the letters from the apostles are written to the saved and do not apply to those of the world.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Who are you Trusting?This clip isn’t for your entertainment. PLEASE share…

Posted by Ray Comfort on Tuesday, 1 December 2015

If you do not know God, then you can start now.

Accept the free gift of salvation now →

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Where is it written that salvation is a free gift?

Does that idea fit with Jesus’ words that strive to enter the narrow gate in Luke 13:24?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Kerwin, you cannot earn salvation. No man outside of the work of Christ can earn salvation. He can only accept it. To accept it is not just to say, I want it, but to accept the conditions upon which it will be given.

Sometimes you are given free things in the world. Such as a free holiday if you take out a mortgage with a certain bank. The holiday is not for everyone who says I want it, but only those that have a contract with the bank so to speak.

So it is with salvation. It is free upon believing, repentance, and receiving.

Ephesians 2:7-9
    so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Kerwin, can you boast that you received salvation by your own works, or was a gift from God as Paul taught.  If the former, then I encourage you to read the next scripture:

John 10:1-2
    “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber. “But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep.

A gift is different to something you earn. We do not earn any gifts from God, gifts are given freely. Instead, what we earn are rewards.

Colossians 3:23
    Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.

Hebrews 11:6
    And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Galatians 6:9
    And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The words of John in his letters and all the letters from the apostles are written to the saved and do not apply to those of the world.

Where are the letters to the unsaved then? If none, then how do we know what to do with the unsaved, unless it is written to the saved.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

The bible contains no letters to the unsaved. The closest are the book of Acts and Gospels but all of them are written to the saved.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

So it is with salvation. It is free upon believing, repentance, and receiving.

That means it is not really free. Free salvation is universal salvation.

I was hoping you would address Jesus’ words in Luke 13:24. The answer was revealed to me.

The narrow gate is the righteousness from God.
    Strive hard to enter the narrow gate using faith. (Romans 1:17)
    Faith comes from the grace of God. (Acts 18:27)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

We are to take the opportunities that God gives us to sow the Word and to shine the light.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick, here is the answer to your post from your own post.

Hi T8,
    Where have we said anything about the salvation of Ray Comfort?

We have found his teachings false.

The rest is God’s.

hi t8,

Why would you defend what God finds offensive?

False teachers have no inheritance.

Hebrews 1:14
    Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Ephesians 1:13-14
    In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee[a] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Romans 8:15-17
    For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”  The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

We can inherit salvation and you said that false teachers have no inheritance. I disagree with that statement because you do not know the exact measure of God’s mercy. Further. you are saying this in reference to Ray Comfort which can only mean that he has no inheritance according to your judgement.

Proclaimer
    Participant

t8,

The bible contains no letters to the unsaved. The closest are the book of Acts and Gospels but all of them are written to the saved.

Then how do you know the true message to the unsaved that can save them?

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Many claim there are enough clues in Scripture to discern that mystery.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Right. Nick seems to disregard that because the books and letters were written to the saved.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

They were written to those were taught the truth and should be saved but there are few of those today. I doubt Comfort was taught the truth and so I do not see where he will be judged according to those that were taught the truth.

If it is in Scripture and he has rejected it he will be judged for rejecting it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

A man sowed the seed and some fell on fertile ground and it sprouted.

By the grace of God some respond.

Then if they obey they can eat of the letters to the saved and benefit.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account